Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #451  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Girl, we must be PB soul sisters. PB has always been a go-to snack/comfort food for my entire family. I have my moments with it...if I buy a jar, I can easily find myself in trouble. I brought it back into my life during P3, thinking I had it under control......I found out I didn't. A few years ago I was introduced to PB's evil twin...almond butter. I currently have 2.5 jars in the pantry. They are well hidden but reading your post reminded me that they are there. Thank goodness I'm not working at home today.

I have never seen the chocolate chai. Can you give me a name brand? I found some Peppermint Paddy SF syrup that I LOVE adding to my tea.

I don't think it JUST the chocolate I crave. Either in this thread of another there was mention of craving due to the low fat cotent of our diet. I think there is something to this. 2RIDE's (and mine) strong desire for PB? There is a little more fat in the bars I eat (not IP) and I my hunger is quickly satisfied after having one. The chocolate is just "icing on the cake".

Guilty as well with the nuts. I justified a handful here and there thanks to the "snack cabinet" in the office. On several occassions it has kept me from eating my left hand off.

Here again......the body craving fats. I've been thinking of experimenting with eating more sirloin steak and adding salmon in twice per week. Add a little more fat to the diet along with the protein. Anyone seen a difference?

Also been thnking of trying the puffs for the first time. I have done my best to stay away from the higher soy content products due to my hypothyroidism. But if helps my cravings and I don't eat them on a regular basis, I should be OK. Only one way to find out! So tell me about the puffs.....if I remember correctly, there is a chocolate as well as PB flavors that y'all like to mix?

We'll get through this girls......maybe not as quickly as we did the first time, but we'll get there. We are making many, many right choices.
chocolaty chai is only at a canadian store here. I still have your address if you would like a box of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I had my friend pick up the soy puffs for me once since I do alternatives. I opened the pb and choc both and counted out half of each and put them in bags and then in the freezer. I did like them together but not alone. I'm kinda weird like that though.
okay you are a bit weird, but I as well prefer them mixed better than alone... like reese pieces.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Hi. Just got back from vacation and then some other travel. Have to step on the scale to see how much damage was done. Somehow pb ended up back in my cabinet. Obviously my son, who has his own apartment has decided he needs to have it at my house. I'm also finding myself eating things that never tempted me before - jelly. I just go in with the spoon. And that lead to more bad stuff. It's all gone now, except the p.b. Just have to stop. Hand smack. Bad girl.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #453  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
chocolaty chai is only at a canadian store here. I still have your address if you would like a box of it.
Thanks Joanne for the offer. I appreciate that very much. Ishbel (Carla) has already offered and we will be doing a Chocolately chai/Mio exchange. Can't wait to try it!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #454  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I was going to offer a Belgian chocolate, chocolate chai/mio exchange. Then remembered what program we are on.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #455  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I was going to offer a Belgian chocolate, chocolate chai/mio exchange. Then remembered what program we are on.
LOL......Reality bites, doesn't it? Is someone wanting some MIO? I'd be happy to send you some. We can figure something out......Where there's a will there's a way!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #456  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
LOL......Reality bites, doesn't it? Is someone wanting some MIO? I'd be happy to send you some. We can figure something out......Where there's a will there's a way!
I'd love to try it but customs here is a royal *****. Before Christmas I ordered a book -- with free shipping from the US -- total cost $16. Now I have to pay 2.6 euro train fare, trek half way across Berlin, walk a mile and a quarter from the train, and wait an hour plus for my number to be called so I can or need not pay customs, at the agent's whim. A REAL DOWNER. But that is awfully sweet of you to offer. Still, I was considering it. As you say, reality bites.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Well I can honestly say that yes phase 1 the second time around is way harder. My name is Joanne and I am addicted to peanut butter, I can't stop. I got rid of all my peanutbutter candy now when I am scooping up some for my dog (about all she is eating now) I also have to have a taste... not good. I believe I keep kicking myself out of ketosis, and before I would have NEVER done this. I didn't cheat once in 10 months and now can't make it a week without peanut butter. I am thinking it isn't helping work is so busy. am going to have to try something new as tonight driving home I was starving and realized this has been happening last week and this week too, I am going to have to bring something to eat on the way home. will pack some celery in the car tomorrow. Tonight I had peanutbutter and coffee so far. So two bad things at once. I have Kale soup cooking as we speak and hopefully that will last for a couple of days for work and home. It kind of looks like chili but no meat just kale and roasted veggies pureed. Okay all tomorrow I am starting again and going to track everything that goes in my mouth...

Have a good night, off to stir the soup.
Love your post! Hi, I am Brenda and I am addicted to cheese! Damn! I have to just quit buying it. It is like I am a robot or something at the grocery store and I go to the cheese section and throw it in my cart. What do I think will happen? I generally eat the entire brick (over several days) without anyone else in my family touching it. It's like they know "it's Mom's food" like with the packets. Got to get this under control.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #458  

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I love cheese too. The last round I did I was craving it so bad. I even started having the lowfat string cheese later on since I wasn't drinking my 1oz of dairy. Love me some cheese!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #459  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

ok y'all.....I know some of you are still reading the daily's but for those of you who don't, I just wanted to report that I have it the 260's today!!....So I am now 119lbs lighter!! still have 10lbs to get to my original goal then another 50lbs to go until I am done. I keep up and read here, glad to see y'all are all sticking around, sorry some of you are struggling though. Miss y'all that is for sure
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #460  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Oh, I love cheese too. The last round I did I was craving it so bad. I even started having the lowfat string cheese later on since I wasn't drinking my 1oz of dairy. Love me some cheese!
I still do this. I just do it 2-3 times a week though!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #461  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
ok y'all.....I know some of you are still reading the daily's but for those of you who don't, I just wanted to report that I have it the 260's today!!....So I am now 119lbs lighter!! still have 10lbs to get to my original goal then another 50lbs to go until I am done. I keep up and read here, glad to see y'all are all sticking around, sorry some of you are struggling though. Miss y'all that is for sure
Congrat Lisa, you make me jealous some time but I get over it... I am one of the strugglers, yep me who thought cheating was so wrong... well it is, and a waste of money but we all know that. Am back again on phase 1 trying to do my reboot after christmas, but going real slow so will have to do something to fix that. I am so proud and in awe that you have lost so much, I know you are going to be a great coach and the new customers will just take a look at your before and after pictures and sign up right there and then, without the sales pitch.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #462  
aka CAT

Quote:
I'd love to try it but customs here is a royal *****. Before Christmas I ordered a book -- with free shipping from the US -- total cost $16. Now I have to pay 2.6 euro train fare, trek half way across Berlin, walk a mile and a quarter from the train, and wait an hour plus for my number to be called so I can or need not pay customs, at the agent's whim. A REAL DOWNER. But that is awfully sweet of you to offer. Still, I was considering it. As you say, reality bites.
Forgive my ignorance here...But is there not a difference between a package from an individual (as in gift) versus a company (as in your purchase) when it comes to customs and tariffs? I've received a numerous things from abroad through the years and never paid anything. Do you pay tariff to mail to US as well as receive? If you change your mind, I'd be happy to help introduce you to our little water enhancer friends.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #463  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance here...But is there not a difference between a package from an individual (as in gift) versus a company (as in your purchase) when it comes to customs and tariffs? I've received a numerous things from abroad through the years and never paid anything. Do you pay tariff to mail to US as well as receive? If you change your mind, I'd be happy to help introduce you to our little water enhancer friends.
Oh yes, you're absolutely right about the gift thing AND also about anything that's under 60 euros, at least that's what's on the books. But customs doesn't go by the book. And if you challenge them, god-forbid in English, watch out! Employees are mainly old East Germany I believe and have a pretty strong mindset. And I am neither racist nor any other kind of phobe, but there's just such a consistent pattern in some [VERY limited] quarters. Post office is the same except NO one there will attempt English or work with my halting German. And they have every right. German IS the language of the country.

I just read over this and it sounds like I'm verging on xenophobic. And that's not at all the case. I love this country as I do most that I've lived in and visited. Actually all. We've just hit on a tiny area that's pretty intractable. And thank you SO much for trying.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #464  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Awesome job. Way to stick to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I still do this. I just do it 2-3 times a week though!!
I will too. I do what I can to make it more "doable".

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone tonight. I've always eaten eggs on Wed night since it's lighter and not a ton of sodium. Well, tonight the family wants mini burgers so I'm going to eat that too. LOL! The little things that worry me, I tell ya!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #465  
aka CAT

Quote:
Oh yes, you're absolutely right about the gift thing AND also about anything that's under 60 euros, at least that's what's on the books. But customs doesn't go by the book. And if you challenge them, god-forbid in English, watch out! Employees are mainly old East Germany I believe and have a pretty strong mindset. And I am neither racist nor any other kind of phobe, but there's just such a consistent pattern in some [VERY limited] quarters. Post office is the same except NO one there will attempt English or work with my halting German. And they have every right. German IS the language of the country.

I just read over this and it sounds like I'm verging on xenophobic. And that's not at all the case. I love this country as I do most that I've lived in and visited. Actually all. We've just hit on a tiny area that's pretty intractable. And thank you SO much for trying.
So agree...their country, their language, their rules. That's the way it should be EVERYWHERE. And at the same time I can understand your frustration. Once again...the offer is standing.