Old 01-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #436  

Height: 5'4"

Oh, and the only bright spot in my day was booking our next disney vacation. we are going Nov 24th-Dec 1st this time. Other than that it's been a downer. I start classes tomorrow and I'm nervous as all get out because I'm taking 1 more than normal and it's my last semester so I know it will be hard. I was up a teeny tiny bit this morning on the scale. Everyone and their dog needed something at work today and I stayed late and still didn't get done.

I have veggies roasting in the oven and hubby is grilling the same steaks we had the other night so I'll be on track the rest of the night. Pinky swear!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #437  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

[QUOTE=Linden;4165911]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I had bought kale to try to male the chips. And the fatherless I was gonna try. /QUOTE]

Did you perhaps have something else on your mind when you wrote this? Sorry. I couldn't resist.
Haha. Sorry. It was the Damn auto correct on my phone...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #438  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default this and that and no excuses

Well I can honestly say that yes phase 1 the second time around is way harder. My name is Joanne and I am addicted to peanut butter, I can't stop. I got rid of all my peanutbutter candy now when I am scooping up some for my dog (about all she is eating now) I also have to have a taste... not good. I believe I keep kicking myself out of ketosis, and before I would have NEVER done this. I didn't cheat once in 10 months and now can't make it a week without peanut butter. I am thinking it isn't helping work is so busy. am going to have to try something new as tonight driving home I was starving and realized this has been happening last week and this week too, I am going to have to bring something to eat on the way home. will pack some celery in the car tomorrow. Tonight I had peanutbutter and coffee so far. So two bad things at once. I have Kale soup cooking as we speak and hopefully that will last for a couple of days for work and home. It kind of looks like chili but no meat just kale and roasted veggies pureed. Okay all tomorrow I am starting again and going to track everything that goes in my mouth...

Have a good night, off to stir the soup.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #439  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Well I can honestly say that yes phase 1 the second time around is way harder. My name is Joanne and I am addicted to peanut butter, I can't stop. I got rid of all my peanutbutter candy now when I am scooping up some for my dog (about all she is eating now) I also have to have a taste... not good. I believe I keep kicking myself out of ketosis, and before I would have NEVER done this. I didn't cheat once in 10 months and now can't make it a week without peanut butter. I am thinking it isn't helping work is so busy. am going to have to try something new as tonight driving home I was starving and realized this has been happening last week and this week too, I am going to have to bring something to eat on the way home. will pack some celery in the car tomorrow. Tonight I had peanutbutter and coffee so far. So two bad things at once. I have Kale soup cooking as we speak and hopefully that will last for a couple of days for work and home. It kind of looks like chili but no meat just kale and roasted veggies pureed. Okay all tomorrow I am starting again and going to track everything that goes in my mouth...

At least you know what you are doing wrong!! You will get through this!!! You know what it takes.
I have faith in you...
On a funny note. I was thinking who the heck is Joanne? Did her acct get hacked!!! LOL Artificial blonde moment!!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:

OMG you made me laugh.... you sound like I did several months ago when i was 100% and now that i am back full force i fully expect that ol' craving to kick in again... I seem to remember some of the senior peeps on this site when I was a 'newbie' explained it could be due to the lack of fats in this way of eating.... Good idea to prepare your soup.... make it your go to food as soon as a craving hits if you can........ Has anyone heard from DARBS?
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #441  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
OMG you made me laugh.... you sound like I did several months ago when i was 100% and now that i am back full force i fully expect that ol' craving to kick in again... I seem to remember some of the senior peeps on this site when I was a 'newbie' explained it could be due to the lack of fats in this way of eating.... Good idea to prepare your soup.... make it your go to food as soon as a craving hits if you can........ Has anyone heard from DARBS?
Now that you mentioned that... I remember reading that as well!!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #442  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
At least you know what you are doing wrong!! You will get through this!!! You know what it takes.
I have faith in you...
On a funny note. I was thinking who the heck is Joanne? Did her acct get hacked!!! LOL Artificial blonde moment!!
You made me laugh... did your kale chips turn out okay with the grill? or was that male chips? just kidding.

Okay so Kale soup...it was actually good...here is the link to the recipe I added chili powder and cilantro

http://www.sideofsneakers.com/2011/12/15/kale-soup/
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #443  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
You made me laugh... did your kale chips turn out okay with the grill? or was that male chips? just kidding.

Okay so Kale soup...it was actually good...here is the link to the recipe I added chili powder and cilantro

Nope. They didn't. I think it got too hot. So once the bf fixes the oven ill try again! Not having an oven sure puts a damper on living. Muhahah... At least I can fix him stuff that goes in the nuke-r
Old 01-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #444  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Do you mind if I ask how tall you are?
I'm 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Way to go Ishbel! I would wait to for the sundress...i've been daydreaming about wearing sundresses this coming summer...i always see thinner girls dressed so fun for the summer and hopefully this year it will be me...but then i think of all the loose skin on my innerthighs and all that crap and think how am i going to pull it off.
I've always wanted to wear the pretty cute little summer dresses....they just didn't look good on the 'other' me...so it's refreshing to think "hey, that might fit me now"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
But I need to vent my frustration with myself. I HATE PROTEIN BARS. THEY ARE NOT MY FRIEND. For so many years, I have kept them around. Not so much for a home use, but as a grab and go quick meal/snack. I kept them at them office to keep me out of the "snack cabinet". I could easily get my chocolate fix. So when I began IP, I it was no problem incorporating them into my daily diet. As time went by I cruised with my steady weight loss.When I began to reach the "burnout" phase of this diet, I found myself beginning to crave them....I needed something to chew and bottom line, they quelled my hunger. I convienced myself that I really wasn't cheating IP, I was just eating a few extra calories a few times per week. Needless to say, weight loss came to a halt. I actually took them to my neighbor for safe keeping at one point. That lasted about a week or so and then they were back in my house. Thought I had it under control at that point. I phased out knowing I'd be back to finish my weight loss journey this month. I went right back to having that bar as a quick fix go-to......sure is a hecka lot better than chips or cookies, etc. So here I am back in Phase 1 and already craving the stupid bar. I'm trying to figure out if the only reason I want it is because I can't have it....or am I really that hungry.

Anybody have any ideas as to how I can overcome this craving? It's very easy to say get rid of them, keep them out of the house, etc.......that doesn't stop the craving. I've been chewing the heck out of gum several times per day. I'm trying to distract myself.....actually leaving the room I'm in or walking outside. But it always comes back. They say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit.......I need some help to get me through those 3 weeks.
Is it the chocolate of it, or the munch/texture of it? When I want something sweet I usually go for the chocolatey chai tea we can get at the Superstore...ever tried it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Forgot to add...and I think this is something ALL of us are going through! I ran into an old acquaintance today at the post office. I knew this lady from my son's high school baseball days. She saw me at my heaviest....even before I lost the first 60 lbs....before IP and getting my thyroid adjusted. She was all over the 'OMG..look at you", "you look wonderful", "I can't believe....". Instead of just graciously accepting her compliments, I proceeded to make comments about "still not being there" and pointing to my thighs (wearing shorts and flip-flops) "have more to go". Why do we do this? Am I just really having an off day? Am I ever going to see and accept myself as skinny with just a little extra flab/skin? I heard/seen similiar comments from many of you. Does this ever get any better? Maybe a few years of maintenance is waht it takes....I sure hope so!
I do this too, I try to just say "thanks" but sometimes I find myself pointing out various items of places I don't like...or saying "it's coming, not done yet"...but really I think we're all too self critical. One of my new years resolutions is to be nicer to myself....that means forgiving myself quicker too. So if I am being too self critical then to forgive it as soon as possible. lol

Quote:

THAT sounds interesting...can you explain the taste? lol Did it taste like chili since you added some cilantro and chilli powder?

Also Joanne...I wonder...you used to use other ways to get your PB taste requirements in. I've made the thai chicken recipe that you gave me. Just putting it out there...let me know if I'm off base...but do you think it's an emotional thing with you and your puppy? You've even mentioned you'll take a taste after you give her some. :/ I know it's a stressful thing to go through, when you guys were back and forth there a few days ago I went home and cuddled my cats.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #445  

Height: 5'7'

I am just catching up on the boards this morning and am also struggling being 100% OP this time around. My downfall are nuts...roasted and salted nuts. I grabbed a handful last night to munch on. While I don't think they kick me out of ketosis, they are high in calories and fat.

On another note, I got my first box from nashua nutrition last night. I got oatmeal, a chocolate drink and a cappuccino (sp?) drink. I hope I like them since I'm not thrilled with the other alternatives I'm trying.
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #446  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

My addiction is Starbucks Frappuccinos. When I hit maintenance, I bought a 4 pack, with the intention of having 1 on my cheat days. I've found that I can make a ton of excuses of why I should have one on other days as well. I have one left in my refrigerator that has been calling my name for a few days now. It's the only one left out of the 2nd 4 pack I bought. I do not need to buy anymore of these things! I made it 5 months without one, so what's the deal now?
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #447  

SO glad to hear I'm not alone but sorrry to hear you guys are struggling also. We can do this.

Oh, and I started with nuts in phase 2 and had a handful a day. I never even liked them before. I did have a handful my first day back on phase 1 and then I threw them away because I knew it'd be a slippery slope. That was hard because they darn things weren't cheap!

I ate my steak last night....lots of it! I couldn't eat the veggies. Stupid flu threw this diet so out of whack for me. I ate roasted veggies just as I made them last night the night I got sick. I took one bite and I was back there. I hate food aversions. I can eat steamed veggies but at that point I was pretty full from the meat so I skipped them and threw a little lettuce on my plate and called it good. Not great, I know. I went threw a veggie thing last time too so I hope that mixed with the flu doesn't last.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #448  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Well reading all of your posts and knowing I am not alone has made all the difference. Thank you all. Sorry for everyone's head giving them a hard time.
I am thinking we all need to have some soy nuts and puffs for salty, crunchy cravings and sweet, crunchy cravings.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #449  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Girl, we must be PB soul sisters. PB has always been a go-to snack/comfort food for my entire family. I have my moments with it...if I buy a jar, I can easily find myself in trouble. I brought it back into my life during P3, thinking I had it under control......I found out I didn't. A few years ago I was introduced to PB's evil twin...almond butter. I currently have 2.5 jars in the pantry. They are well hidden but reading your post reminded me that they are there. Thank goodness I'm not working at home today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Is it the chocolate of it, or the munch/texture of it? When I want something sweet I usually go for the chocolatey chai tea we can get at the Superstore...ever tried it?

I do this too, I try to just say "thanks" but sometimes I find myself pointing out various items of places I don't like...or saying "it's coming, not done yet"...but really I think we're all too self critical. One of my new years resolutions is to be nicer to myself....that means forgiving myself quicker too. So if I am being too self critical then to forgive it as soon as possible. lol
I have never seen the chocolate chai. Can you give me a name brand? I found some Peppermint Paddy SF syrup that I LOVE adding to my tea.

I don't think it JUST the chocolate I crave. Either in this thread of another there was mention of craving due to the low fat cotent of our diet. I think there is something to this. 2RIDE's (and mine) strong desire for PB? There is a little more fat in the bars I eat (not IP) and I my hunger is quickly satisfied after having one. The chocolate is just "icing on the cake".

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
I am just catching up on the boards this morning and am also struggling being 100% OP this time around. My downfall are nuts...roasted and salted nuts. I grabbed a handful last night to munch on. While I don't think they kick me out of ketosis, they are high in calories and fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Oh, and I started with nuts in phase 2 and had a handful a day. I never even liked them before. I did have a handful my first day back on phase 1 and then I threw them away because I knew it'd be a slippery slope. That was hard because they darn things weren't cheap!
Guilty as well with the nuts. I justified a handful here and there thanks to the "snack cabinet" in the office. On several occassions it has kept me from eating my left hand off.

Here again......the body craving fats. I've been thinking of experimenting with eating more sirloin steak and adding salmon in twice per week. Add a little more fat to the diet along with the protein. Anyone seen a difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Well reading all of your posts and knowing I am not alone has made all the difference. Thank you all. Sorry for everyone's head giving them a hard time.
I am thinking we all need to have some soy nuts and puffs for salty, crunchy cravings and sweet, crunchy cravings.
Also been thnking of trying the puffs for the first time. I have done my best to stay away from the higher soy content products due to my hypothyroidism. But if helps my cravings and I don't eat them on a regular basis, I should be OK. Only one way to find out! So tell me about the puffs.....if I remember correctly, there is a chocolate as well as PB flavors that y'all like to mix?

We'll get through this girls......maybe not as quickly as we did the first time, but we'll get there. We are making many, many right choices.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #450  

I had my friend pick up the soy puffs for me once since I do alternatives. I opened the pb and choc both and counted out half of each and put them in bags and then in the freezer. I did like them together but not alone. I'm kinda weird like that though.