Old 01-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #481  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Welcome Sandra, just another place to lay your hat...I'm still lurking in the daily but I just can keep up with this thread easier because it's not as busy. Maybe I'm getting old? hahaha

Way to go lynsey good first week back!

...I'm pretty stoked about being in the 180's...even if it's the very top! My gf today told me that I need to sit up and stand up straighter. My posture is horrible so I think I need to really pay attention to that.

I'm being honest here...I seriously think my fluff made me lazy with my posture. I think I could rely on it to keep me up right when I was sitting if that makes sense...my coach gave me a little 'shush' when I said that to her. I'm not trying to be mean to myself, I just honestly think my rolls kept me straight and now that they aren't there I need to consciously sit properly.

Hope you all have a great day!
You are so right about the posture things. When I made my son take my new picture yesterday then I looked at it, I was like WOW you need to stand up straight your tummy is sticking out. I just need to learn all over again. When I get on the Wii I noticed that I am more stable now in my core than I used to be and I have been doing the Yoga on it and it seems to be helping. I am home alone all day so I "play" around on it all day and get my workouts on it. Yesterday I felt like a NEW woman, I had NO pain at all and I was walking NORMAL with NO limp at all....I told my son...hey look at me....lol...he said I see that mom, its amazing, we can go shopping all day now and you won't hurt. I even get in my truck the "right" way using my side step. Before I had to step up with my right foot, sit then swing my body around under the steering wheel. Now I step up with my left foot and put my booty in the sit . When I drive his car I no longer have to push the seat all the way back to get in and now in fact I can drive it the way he sits with no adjustments. OHHH and as far as the seat belt goes, I can now just reach with my right arm and pull it over me and snap it IN ONE MOTION!!!....I know this sounds weird but for me this is a BIG thing. OOPS...sorry for the ramble, hope y'all have a good day.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #482  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Well, Berlin's famous for it's Sunday brunches. Why don't we do that?
Pick me up at the airport tomorrow......
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #483  
aka CAT

For those of you who have a tea addiction like me.....

Any of you hear of or been to Tevana. OMG! The entire back wall of the store is called the Tea Wall (see link). Those tins are probably 2 plus gallon sized. There is no such thing as a tea bag here....everything is loose and usually priced per 2 ounces. They open the lid and literally wave the aroma at you. Colors of tins represent different teas (white, green, etc.) Samuari Chai Mate' and White Ayurvedic Chai (blended) and My Morning Mate' (haven't had in quite sometime) are my favorites. Love to stop in and have them make me a nice hot cup of tea! Samples galore in the store that smells like heaven!

Highly recommend!!!!!

http://www.teavana.com/tea-wall
Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #484  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You are so right about the posture things. When I made my son take my new picture yesterday then I looked at it, I was like WOW you need to stand up straight your tummy is sticking out. I just need to learn all over again. When I get on the Wii I noticed that I am more stable now in my core than I used to be and I have been doing the Yoga on it and it seems to be helping. I am home alone all day so I "play" around on it all day and get my workouts on it. Yesterday I felt like a NEW woman, I had NO pain at all and I was walking NORMAL with NO limp at all....I told my son...hey look at me....lol...he said I see that mom, its amazing, we can go shopping all day now and you won't hurt. I even get in my truck the "right" way using my side step. Before I had to step up with my right foot, sit then swing my body around under the steering wheel. Now I step up with my left foot and put my booty in the sit . When I drive his car I no longer have to push the seat all the way back to get in and now in fact I can drive it the way he sits with no adjustments. OHHH and as far as the seat belt goes, I can now just reach with my right arm and pull it over me and snap it IN ONE MOTION!!!....I know this sounds weird but for me this is a BIG thing. OOPS...sorry for the ramble, hope y'all have a good day.
Lisa, that's wonderful that your body is responding so well. Count your blessings, darlin'! and by all means keep it up. I might just have you taking a yoga class along side me before long!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #485  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
For those of you who have a tea addiction like me.....

Any of you hear of or been to Tevana. OMG! The entire back wall of the store is called the Tea Wall (see link). Those tins are probably 2 plus gallon sized. There is no such thing as a tea bag here....everything is loose and usually priced per 2 ounces. They open the lid and literally wave the aroma at you. Colors of tins represent different teas (white, green, etc.) Samuari Chai Mate' and White Ayurvedic Chai (blended) and My Morning Mate' (haven't had in quite sometime) are my favorites. Love to stop in and have them make me a nice hot cup of tea! Samples galore in the store that smells like heaven!

Highly recommend!!!!!

http://www.teavana.com/tea-wall
OMG! You do have to come to Berlin for brunch, but stop in Paris first. Visit Marriage Freres' Maison Fondee Tee shop in the 2nd arronondissment. Purveyors of fine (I mean the finest) teas since 1854. (Sorry, there are accents over the Es in Tee, Fondee and Freres, but you can probably see that.) You'll be in hog heaven.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #486  
aka CAT

Quote:
OMG! You do have to come to Berlin for brunch, but stop in Paris first. Visit Marriage Freres' Maison Fondee Tee shop in the 2nd arronondissment. Purveyors of fine (I mean the finest) teas since 1854. (Sorry, there are accents over the Es in Tee, Fondee and Freres, but you can probably see that.) You'll be in hog heaven.
Sounds absolutely divine! I'm on my way......
Old 01-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #487  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Lisa, that's wonderful that your body is responding so well. Count your blessings, darlin'! and by all means keep it up. I might just have you taking a yoga class along side me before long!
Cat, I actually have been doing yoga on the Wii for the last few days and doing pretty well at it. I think that is why my hip hasn't been bothering me too much. I do it for 30 minutes a day then I do the 5 mins run on the games to get started. I am liking the yoga, so its a daily thing for me when I wake up
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #488  

Height: 5'4"

I love yoga on the Wii Fit Plus. I also have a Biggest Loser dvd with some yoga that is ok. I never have time to do it when I'm taking classes though. I should drag it out for awhile if I do have any extra time. Thanks for reminding me I have it!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #489  
aka CAT

Quote:
Cat, I actually have been doing yoga on the Wii for the last few days and doing pretty well at it. I think that is why my hip hasn't been bothering me too much. I do it for 30 minutes a day then I do the 5 mins run on the games to get started. I am liking the yoga, so its a daily thing for me when I wake up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I love yoga on the Wii Fit Plus. I also have a Biggest Loser dvd with some yoga that is ok. I never have time to do it when I'm taking classes though. I should drag it out for awhile if I do have any extra time. Thanks for reminding me I have it!
Yeah for yoga! My body is addicted to it...seriously. It lets me know when its time to practice. I have never really liked following DVD's mainly because they make you go at their pace. Sometimes I need a little bit longer working myself into a pose. That's one of the things I wanted to mention to the two of you (or for anyone else for that matter), please promise me you will practice with mindfullness. That means that rather than focusing on the end product, pay attention to you body as move from position a to postion b. If it hurts, stop, back off and readjust. After all these years, I am constantly readjusting myself. Everyday is different and our bodies react differently. My shoulder and upper back were killing me yesterday from Wed. nite's class. I worked too hard getting into Triangle pose. I took it deeper than I should have. Why? Because I always have been able to do so, but Wed. was not a good day for me to do that.

OK.....now I'm rambling. I'm happy you guys found yoga. Do enjoy, be careful and your body will let you know how happy it is. Once you get comfortable with your asanas (poses), see if you can't find a class to attend. Don't be intimidated. Everytime we have a new student in our class I always introduce myself and then tell them to PLEASE not watch me but to pay attention to the instructor. And I kindly remind them that none of us are watching them because we are being mindfull of our own practice.

Namaste......
Old 01-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #490  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

WOW! Reading the words Yoga and Wii is inspiring me. I had to quit doing yoga in August due to rotator cuff tear and surgery. I did the same thing 2 1/2 yrs ago on my other side. Seems downward and upward dogs are not in my best interest but the other poses were great and were greatly improving my flexibility. It's kind of scarey to start again but Wii does allow for being selective and no pressure from those around me (they don't pressure me - I'm very competitive and pressure myself).

I had lost my 50 pounds but gained two months of holiday pounds back (15). I began IP year ago this month and am excited to be back on board. This morning I broke back into the 100s which was soooo exciting.

3fatchicks really motivates and supports me. Thanks for being here all you thinning chicks! Smile
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #491  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hey 2 Ride and Cat, guess what I found in the organic food shelves in a drug store today? Yogi Tea Schoko Aztec Spice. If this were after shave lotion and I was sitting beside someone wearing it I'd want to lick them. How does it taste, you ask? Well, perhaps I didn't let it steep long enough. What is the brand name, Joanne? Maybe I can actually get the chocolate chai here.
that sounds so good.. brand name is President's choice but there has to be somewhere else that has it...

Quote:
that sounds sooo good too, yesterday I had a full pot of chocolatey chia with Cinnamon vanilla, wondered why I woke up a couple more times than usual last night.

Quote:
I am going to have to try that again, I just wasn't balanced when I was doing it before... that will be my goal this week to get off my butt and onto the wii... thanks for the motivation ladies.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #492  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
WOW! Reading the words Yoga and Wii is inspiring me. I had to quit doing yoga in August due to rotator cuff tear and surgery. I did the same thing 2 1/2 yrs ago on my other side. Seems downward and upward dogs are not in my best interest but the other poses were great and were greatly improving my flexibility. It's kind of scarey to start again but Wii does allow for being selective and no pressure from those around me (they don't pressure me - I'm very competitive and pressure myself).

I had lost my 50 pounds but gained two months of holiday pounds back (15). I began IP year ago this month and am excited to be back on board. This morning I broke back into the 100s which was soooo exciting.

3fatchicks really motivates and supports me. Thanks for being here all you thinning chicks! Smile
Welcome back! Glad you hear yoga calling your name once again. Having an instructor to help guide you because of your injuries may be very important for you. There are so many benefits to those poses (not just for transitioning into others) that I hate to see you shy away from them. There are so many way to modify asanas. If you don't have access to a teacher, perahps googling the pose plus your injury to possible find some modifications? If not, maybe I could ask my long-time teacher for some information....

My previous post was referring to trying to not be so competitive with ourselves. Slow down, breathe, enjoy the process and then revel in your body's response. After all these years, I am still unable to go from down dog to a standing forward bend by jumping my feet to my hands. The hips and knees just won't let me....but I keep trying!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #493  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
that sounds sooo good too, yesterday I had a full pot of chocolatey chia with Cinnamon vanilla, wondered why I woke up a couple more times than usual last night.
OMG...Cinnamon Vanilla is my new addiction. I am in love! Can't wait to try it with my chocolately chai.!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #494  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
OMG...Cinnamon Vanilla is my new addiction. I am in love! Can't wait to try it with my chocolately chai.!
is this the flavored sryup?
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #495  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
is this the flavored sryup?
Yes ma'am.....Torani!