Old 01-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #421  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Lindsay - you are doing good, this time my scale isn't moving hardly at all...

I have found a new way of making the chips and stuff... My dad a long time ago purchased one of those air convention roasters (suppose to cook things in 1/2 the time) and I dragged it out, kale chips took 15 min, zucchini chips around 13 min, as well as turnips. Kohlrabi took a little longer but oh so much faster but smaller batches. Can't wait for maintenance to try sweet potatoes to see what they will be like.
I had bought kale to try to male the chips. And the fatherless I was gonna try. My oven element went out or something... Bf has yet to fix it... It has totally taken a damper in my cooking... You never realize how much you use something when its gone... So instead I've used the George Forman grill!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

So, I'm into a size 32 jeans...pretty stoked about that. It's all I can do not to buy more clothes! I walked into my building hallway and an entire unit of people were having meetings in the building theatre...got a few looks...which made me feel proud AND awkward at the same time.

Did I tell you guys that I had to change my passport photo, I kept looking at it this past year re-confirming my expiry date. Yeah, on the 1 Jan I looked at it, actually LOOKED at it...I needed a new photo and the passport wasn't due for updating for another year an a half. The VIP kept looking at the photo and at me looking for similarities. I said "for someone who loves me, you're trying to hard, what's a border agent going to do??!". So I phoned in an got a 'rare circumstance - change of appearance" update to my passport. If they even let me into Mexico with my last photo they might not let me back into Canada! hahaha

I was shopping for sun dresses for my mexico trip and held off because it's in two more months and I'll be at least another 12-15 down...they were only 10 bucks. She said they'd be even cheaper and would probably still be hanging there in 2 months so she agreed I should wait. lol It's amazing how cheap clothes are when you aren't 300 lbs! I kept finding all these good deals, but I pulled out the IP willpower and stayed away. What fits me now will not fit me in three months and I have enough clothes to last me!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-10-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #423  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

So, I'm into a size 32 jeans...pretty stoked about that. It's all I can do not to buy more clothes! I walked into my building hallway and an entire unit of people were having meetings in the building theatre...got a few looks...which made me feel proud AND awkward at the same time.

Did I tell you guys that I had to change my passport photo, I kept looking at it this past year re-confirming my expiry date. Yeah, on the 1 Jan I looked at it, actually LOOKED at it...I needed a new photo and the passport wasn't due for updating for another year an a half. The VIP kept looking at the photo and at me looking for similarities. I said "for someone who loves me, you're trying to hard, what's a border agent going to do??!". So I phoned in an got a 'rare circumstance - change of appearance" update to my passport. If they even let me into Mexico with my last photo they might not let me back into Canada! hahaha

I was shopping for sun dresses for my mexico trip and held off because it's in two more months and I'll be at least another 12-15 down...they were only 10 bucks. She said they'd be even cheaper and would probably still be hanging there in 2 months so she agreed I should wait. lol It's amazing how cheap clothes are when you aren't 300 lbs! I kept finding all these good deals, but I pulled out the IP willpower and stayed away. What fits me now will not fit me in three months and I have enough clothes to last me!

That's always awesome find awesome deals on clothing. And you are so correct on clothing is soooooo much cheaper!

I offically start my new job today... So I won't get to spend as much time on the boards!! They've been so active I can barely keep up anyways! Muhahah. Have a good day! I'll check in at break!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #424  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

I need a swimsuit because we are taking our kids to a motel with indoor water park in March but I refuse to go shopping for one just yet.

I love how clothes are much cheaper and you have much more of a selection.

Do you mind if I ask how tall you are?
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #425  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

It is such a wonderful feeling to be able to buy clothes off the clearance rack. And to think that I no longer have to buy anything that has an "x" in it just blows my mind.

Good idea waiting to buy sundresses. I find myself looking at clothes and making a purchase ONLY if I see it can be easliy altered. Jeans/pants are a different story. What I have will get me through to spring/summer and then I will be living in shorts/capris/dresses.

Passport photo.....I looked at mine the other day wondering who in the heck was that linebacker in my photo. Don't think I'm traveling abroad this year (son's upcoming wedding and a few in-country trips) and mine's not up for renewal for a few years. Suppose I'll deal with it when the next trip is planned.

But I need to vent my frustration with myself. I HATE PROTEIN BARS. THEY ARE NOT MY FRIEND. For so many years, I have kept them around. Not so much for a home use, but as a grab and go quick meal/snack. I kept them at them office to keep me out of the "snack cabinet". I could easily get my chocolate fix. So when I began IP, I it was no problem incorporating them into my daily diet. As time went by I cruised with my steady weight loss.When I began to reach the "burnout" phase of this diet, I found myself beginning to crave them....I needed something to chew and bottom line, they quelled my hunger. I convienced myself that I really wasn't cheating IP, I was just eating a few extra calories a few times per week. Needless to say, weight loss came to a halt. I actually took them to my neighbor for safe keeping at one point. That lasted about a week or so and then they were back in my house. Thought I had it under control at that point. I phased out knowing I'd be back to finish my weight loss journey this month. I went right back to having that bar as a quick fix go-to......sure is a hecka lot better than chips or cookies, etc. So here I am back in Phase 1 and already craving the stupid bar. I'm trying to figure out if the only reason I want it is because I can't have it....or am I really that hungry.

Anybody have any ideas as to how I can overcome this craving? It's very easy to say get rid of them, keep them out of the house, etc.......that doesn't stop the craving. I've been chewing the heck out of gum several times per day. I'm trying to distract myself.....actually leaving the room I'm in or walking outside. But it always comes back. They say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit.......I need some help to get me through those 3 weeks.

Last edited by gettinmygrooveback; 01-10-2012 at 12:05 PM.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Way to go Ishbel! I would wait to for the sundress...i've been daydreaming about wearing sundresses this coming summer...i always see thinner girls dressed so fun for the summer and hopefully this year it will be me...but then i think of all the loose skin on my innerthighs and all that crap and think how am i going to pull it off.

Grooves - that is one reason why i never once yet had an IP bar, i know that i will love them too much and will want more so i rather never have one. Just keep doing what you're doing and the craving will go away..i really have no other idea

Not much going on here, same old same old.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #427  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Grooves - that is one reason why i never once yet had an IP bar, i know that i will love them too much and will want more so i rather never have one. Just keep doing what you're doing and the craving will go away..i really have no other idea
Wise woman! So far so good today. Egg whites and pickles await any afternoon cravings. Pray for me.

Forgot to add...and I think this is something ALL of us are going through! I ran into an old acquaintance today at the post office. I knew this lady from my son's high school baseball days. She saw me at my heaviest....even before I lost the first 60 lbs....before IP and getting my thyroid adjusted. She was all over the 'OMG..look at you", "you look wonderful", "I can't believe....". Instead of just graciously accepting her compliments, I proceeded to make comments about "still not being there" and pointing to my thighs (wearing shorts and flip-flops) "have more to go". Why do we do this? Am I just really having an off day? Am I ever going to see and accept myself as skinny with just a little extra flab/skin? I heard/seen similiar comments from many of you. Does this ever get any better? Maybe a few years of maintenance is waht it takes....I sure hope so!
Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
It is such a wonderful feeling to be able to buy clothes off the clearance rack. And to think that I no longer have to buy anything that has an "x" in it just blows my mind.

Good idea waiting to buy sundresses. I find myself looking at clothes and making a purchase ONLY if I see it can be easliy altered. Jeans/pants are a different story. What I have will get me through to spring/summer and then I will be living in shorts/capris/dresses.

Passport photo.....I looked at mine the other day wondering who in the heck was that linebacker in my photo. Don't think I'm traveling abroad this year (son's upcoming wedding and a few in-country trips) and mine's not up for renewal for a few years. Suppose I'll deal with it when the next trip is planned.

But I need to vent my frustration with myself. I HATE PROTEIN BARS. THEY ARE NOT MY FRIEND. For so many years, I have kept them around. Not so much for a home use, but as a grab and go quick meal/snack. I kept them at them office to keep me out of the "snack cabinet". I could easily get my chocolate fix. So when I began IP, I it was no problem incorporating them into my daily diet. As time went by I cruised with my steady weight loss.When I began to reach the "burnout" phase of this diet, I found myself beginning to crave them....I needed something to chew and bottom line, they quelled my hunger. I convienced myself that I really wasn't cheating IP, I was just eating a few extra calories a few times per week. Needless to say, weight loss came to a halt. I actually took them to my neighbor for safe keeping at one point. That lasted about a week or so and then they were back in my house. Thought I had it under control at that point. I phased out knowing I'd be back to finish my weight loss journey this month. I went right back to having that bar as a quick fix go-to......sure is a hecka lot better than chips or cookies, etc. So here I am back in Phase 1 and already craving the stupid bar. I'm trying to figure out if the only reason I want it is because I can't have it....or am I really that hungry.

Anybody have any ideas as to how I can overcome this craving? It's very easy to say get rid of them, keep them out of the house, etc.......that doesn't stop the craving. I've been chewing the heck out of gum several times per day. I'm trying to distract myself.....actually leaving the room I'm in or walking outside. But it always comes back. They say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit.......I need some help to get me through those 3 weeks.
I am so hungry too. I want a protein bar and I don't have any. maybe that's a good thing. I just popped a piece of gum in my mouth. I think you were good on the pickle, maybe you needed some substance. I am just about over phase one and I've only been on it for a week since my holiday craziness. I am going to try the Proti-diet cereal and munch on that for the crunch when I am craving something like a bar. I will let you know how what is when my Nashua order somes. hope it hurries! So tired of drinking my protein. I want those Phase 3 breakfasts again!!!

p.s. you should come here and wear a sundress...it's 76 degrees today here in Tampa.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #429  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I had bought kale to try to male the chips. And the fatherless I was gonna try. My oven element went out or something... Bf has yet to fix it... It has totally taken a damper in my cooking... You never realize how much you use something when its gone... So instead I've used the George Forman grill!
how did that go?

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

oh to go away, congrats
on size 32...
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Wise woman! So far so good today. Egg whites and pickles await any afternoon cravings. Pray for me.

Forgot to add...and I think this is something ALL of us are going through! I ran into an old acquaintance today at the post office. I knew this lady from my son's high school baseball days. She saw me at my heaviest....even before I lost the first 60 lbs....before IP and getting my thyroid adjusted. She was all over the 'OMG..look at you", "you look wonderful", "I can't believe....". Instead of just graciously accepting her compliments, I proceeded to make comments about "still not being there" and pointing to my thighs (wearing shorts and flip-flops) "have more to go". Why do we do this? Am I just really having an off day? Am I ever going to see and accept myself as skinny with just a little extra flab/skin? I heard/seen similiar comments from many of you. Does this ever get any better? Maybe a few years of maintenance is waht it takes....I sure hope so!
I think we all do that, i know i'm not anywhere near goal yet but when people tell me i look great and look at how much weight i lost...instead of saying thank you, i too just go on abotu how much weight i still have to lose and it will be awhile before i look good, etc.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #431  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

[QUOTE=JellyMae87;4164602]I had bought kale to try to male the chips. And the fatherless I was gonna try. /QUOTE]

Did you perhaps have something else on your mind when you wrote this? Sorry. I couldn't resist.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #432  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I am so hungry too. I want a protein bar and I don't have any. maybe that's a good thing. I just popped a piece of gum in my mouth. I think you were good on the pickle, maybe you needed some substance. I am just about over phase one and I've only been on it for a week since my holiday craziness. I am going to try the Proti-diet cereal and munch on that for the crunch when I am craving something like a bar. I will let you know how what is when my Nashua order somes. hope it hurries! So tired of drinking my protein. I want those Phase 3 breakfasts again!!!

p.s. you should come here and wear a sundress...it's 76 degrees today here in Tampa.
I think you hit the nail on the head, darlin'....SUBSTANCE! Kinda like fixing yourself a nice little PB and orange marmalade on WW toast. Not a big meal but enough to satisfy. I think there's just enough fat in those bars to make my body happy. I too miss my P3 breakfasts.

FYI...I'm just north of New Orleans. It's 72. I'm in my shorts, barefoot, working and enjoying the fresh air from the front door wide open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I think we all do that, i know i'm not anywhere near goal yet but when people tell me i look great and look at how much weight i lost...instead of saying thank you, i too just go on abotu how much weight i still have to lose and it will be awhile before i look good, etc.
I'm still hoping there's a point where we cross over and NEVER feel that way again. Unfortunately, I think it's embedded in us due to being overweight for all those years.

[QUOTE=Linden;4165911]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I had bought kale to try to male the chips. And the fatherless I was gonna try. /QUOTE]

Did you perhaps have something else on your mind when you wrote this? Sorry. I couldn't resist.
I thought the same thing.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I am just about over phase one and I've only been on it for a week since my holiday craziness.
Me too, and it has only been 2 days. Not sure how long I will make it on the reboot, especially since I am in my comfort window...
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #434  

I'm having a hard time with restarting all of the sudden. I'm making excuses for letting little things slide. Yesterday I ate a handful of licorice and today I ate a salad with a couple of club crackers. I would've never done that the first time I went through this. The sad thing is, I hated phase 3 and was only on phase 4 for 2 weeks! I also had 2 bars yesterday because I couldn't drink my vanilla shake for breakfast so I had a bar at 6:30 (lower carbs but not a lot of protein either) and another when I thought I was going to eat my arm off at 3:00. I know I'm not in ketosis because I'm still hungry. I had to force myself to eat almost the whole time while in ketosis because I just never got hungry. If I'd stop eating the crap maybe I'd get back there.

Anyone else who is restarting having this trouble? Not to mention in phase 2 last time I added cheese every now and then and I also used regular dressing since the WF was so horrible and now I'm letting myself back into those patterns.

I don't know if it's because I'm more comfy here than I was at 205 pounds or what. I know I don't want to get to goal any less that's for sure. There is no excuse for it! I called and ranted to my friend about it but I thought I better confess here too where people will understand!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #435  

Quote:

I ALWAYS do that! Instead of just taking the compliment I have to go into how much more I still have to lose and so on. My hubby always asks why I can't just take a compliment. I wonder if I'll ever be happy also. I'm more comfortable now than I was in the 200s but I'm not happy. My family says I'm obsessed. I need to just pick a number and stick to it so I don't keep moving it down further and further.