YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default YOU on a Diet - Support Thread #2

If you are reading and/or following YOU on a Diet, please feel free to post here
Old 11-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/145.5/125

I just started reading "You" today. I read the first thread on "You" and it certainly was encouraging. I feel like this is my last hope. I have tried so many diets, but this seems like the perfect place to startover. Evryone is so supportive and positive.
Good luck to everyone.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:24 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC! Please jump right in. If you have any comments or questions about YOU, here's the place to chat it up!

Quote:
i almost forgot Dr. Oz is going to be on Oprah wednesday 11/29 to answer more weight loss questions. just wanted to let you all know
Old 11-28-2006, 03:06 AM   #4  
Mous

Wink YOU and ME

Morning,

We are suppose to take our WAIST measurements every day and NOT weigh.
How hard will not weighing be?

My first day went well.
I had many ME thoughts of I want to eat, I need to eat, why do I want to eat?
AND I didn't eat!

oUr sHRiNKInG wAIsT

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
~~~~~~~~~~
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Have a nice morning.
Windsong

Old 11-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

Whew, I could never quit weighing - so I'll be a slave to both methods.

Hmm - didn't they weigh and measure on the Discovery special?
Old 11-29-2006, 04:03 AM   #6  
Mous

Wink

Morning,

Morning,

Right thinking, right choices, and right actions.

Went out to eat yesterday and I ordered chicken instead of beef. I thought about ordering steak and eggs! It made me feel good that I did not do it.

I have lots to relearn. I have to review my list of "choices" for my actions and for my eating.

Tomorrow Dr. Oz will be on Oprah and I hope to learn more and then put what I learn into action.

I hope to learn from all of you here as well.

Reach out, grow and have success.

Have a nice morning.
Windsong

Old 11-29-2006, 06:06 AM   #7  

good morning everyone!

suzanne thanks for the shiny new thread!

windsong sounds like you are doing really well, it does feel good to make healthy choices. keep up the great work! really cute avatar pic are you a red hatter?

jennifer- i'm with you i need to weigh in. i'm doing both but trying not to weigh as often as i used to. both are good ways to see progress though.

welcome eating thin hop right in!!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #8  
Proud US Navy Wife

Just popping in to say hi... my eating has been pretty good the last couple days, and looking at ingredients I saw there are a couple "good" things I can have that I didnt think, like low-fat hot chocolate and chips with no trans fat. Not that I have them all insanely, but it's nice to know.

Thanks for the new thread .

I let a friend of mine borrow my copy of the book. Here's to hoping it helps her too.

And now Fae skips off to go work out... Have a nice day, ladies!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

I saw the Oprah show today, and have to say I wish she wouldn't have interupted the good doctor so often! Just when he would be giving an explanation of something, she would butt in and change the topic to her own concerns.

One thing he did clear up, was that your waist size should be approximately one half of your height number. For us tall gals, that's a relief. At 5' 9", it didn't seem right to me that my waist should be the same size as someone who's only 5 feet tall.

His comment about what happens to men for every 35 pounds they lose was very, very interesting.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #10  
Proud US Navy Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
His comment about what happens to men for every 35 pounds they lose was very, very interesting.

Ooo what did he say? I was working, I had to miss it
Old 11-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #11  

hello everyone! i just got back from my 30 minute walk. it is starting to feel very natural to just go for a walk every evening at 6-6:30 very strange for me. i even went a different route today around the neighborhood and added a few extra blocks. i like the change in attitude. i think just the simplicity of a 30 minute walk a day, 10,000 steps a day and, some strenght training and cardio every week broke it down into something more manageable for me mentally. i no longer feel like exercise is a real chore that i am dreading. it's a good feeling.

i watched the oprah show also jayne it was very interesting, i too wish oprah would of just let him talk!! sheesh. it was good to hear him clear up the waist size thing i was thinking of my DH who is 6'3" i can't even imagine what he would look like with a 35 inch waist.

faye- he said if a man looses 35 lbs he gains an extra inch you know where. (i don't want ot offend anyone) that really got a huge reaction from oprah and the audience. i told my DH over dinner and he asked for a diet soda to drink with his meal instead of his regular old pepsi. LOL

have a great evening everyone!!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

I missed the show too. Xmas shopping with DH for the kids! I hope all the extra walking in ToysRus and Target will count towards my 30 mins. I did buy a pedometer to try and get my 10,000 in. In addition to my usual cardio. Has anyone done the exercise routine in the book? The little elf guys are a hoot. It also reminds me to get ingear for xmas.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 152/145.5/125

Hello everyone, Thanks for the welcome. I've almost finished reading the book and began the eating plan today. I haven't felt hungry. I hope it stays like this. I know from past experience that I'm okay the first three days of a diet than the honeymoon is over, and I'm back to my bad habits. Any suggestions on how to get past this and to keep going.
Watched the Oprah show, sorry to say but she is getting annoying. She needs to let the experts speak.

Enjoy the evening!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #14  
wip

Height: 5' 10"

Hi there - I'm back from the big city. FINALLY got the book after a big fiasco about online vs. a store. I will start reading tonight. I'm sorry I missed Oprah. I have been so/so...I managed to get out for a walk today at the gym even though I only had 45 minutes between appts. Hopefully the book will help. DH found out he has high cholesterol this week. Maybe he will join in now. Well done everyone!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:44 PM   #15  
WW Moderator

I missed it again. I always miss these guys! I was on my way to program it in the DVR but then I got sidetracked and never made it back. Maybe Suzanne has it on tape.

How did they clarify the waist measurements?

Do they still have Oprah transcripts online? (as in free, lol)
Closed Thread