Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #391  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
tough one with alternates you don't have a lot of choices... okay so is it just the vanilla in you coffee you can't do or vanilla shake all together? have you tried to add flavors to your shake? I have added instant coffee to mine and like that, or you could try different SF davinci syrups, I go through a lot of syrup.... maybe that is why my weight loss isn't doing so good right now... but never mind about me. What products do you buy? and what are your options? can you get different drinks? I have tried some of the nashua drinks that are with splenda and they are not too bad... not great but.
Well you see, I haven't tried the shake alone. I will do that tomorrow. I've always been content with the vanilla shake/coffee, chocolate shake, and bars from Atkins so that's what I stick to. I'm better off with routine. I have tried all the Atkins shakes and like them all but since this hasn't been an issue I've been stuck with these.

I don't like the fake taste of the syrups and have only been able to do the WF caramel for some reason. I guess I needed the coffee for my hint of caffiene each day but I could drink some green tea in the morning instead I suppose. Can I have truvia in phase 1? I was in phase 3 but never had to in phase 1 last time.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #392  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Well you see, I haven't tried the shake alone. I will do that tomorrow. I've always been content with the vanilla shake/coffee, chocolate shake, and bars from Atkins so that's what I stick to. I'm better off with routine. I have tried all the Atkins shakes and like them all but since this hasn't been an issue I've been stuck with these.

I don't like the fake taste of the syrups and have only been able to do the WF caramel for some reason. I guess I needed the coffee for my hint of caffiene each day but I could drink some green tea in the morning instead I suppose. Can I have truvia in phase 1? I was in phase 3 but never had to in phase 1 last time.
yes you can have truvia, do you use your 1 oz of skim milk a day then? If not maybe try finding the silk creamer in stores (or organic Valley creamer, also not in canada that I can find) ... they come in french vanilla and hazelnut I think, and are lower carb than the skim milk and I think if you just use an oz of that you will be fine. I want to try but haven't found the creamer in canada yet... that is a search I will be doing this weekend. If you don't like the syrups try the extracts, I use a little of the peppermint or almond in my drinks it just gives it enough of a change to help it go down sometimes. I also like my routine so it is hard to try new things, maybe that will be my goal this year Try new things. Like soy milk, or almond butter, or skydiving... who knows..
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #393  

Quote:
yes you can have truvia, do you use your 1 oz of skim milk a day then? If not maybe try finding the silk creamer in stores (or organic Valley creamer, also not in canada that I can find) ... they come in french vanilla and hazelnut I think, and are lower carb than the skim milk and I think if you just use an oz of that you will be fine. I want to try but haven't found the creamer in canada yet... that is a search I will be doing this weekend. If you don't like the syrups try the extracts, I use a little of the peppermint or almond in my drinks it just gives it enough of a change to help it go down sometimes. I also like my routine so it is hard to try new things, maybe that will be my goal this year Try new things. Like soy milk, or almond butter, or skydiving... who knows..
Love the new pic! You look amazing. And no, I don't use the milk. I sometimes sub in 1oz of lowfat cheese though. I will just drink the shake on ice and have green tea when I'm done and see if I'm content. I only plan on doing phase 1 for 5 weeks and phase 2 for 5 weeks so I don't have a LONG time to get through this. I'm bummed though because it's been a staple. I'm sure I'll find something that works just as well.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #394  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

2Ride.......fantastic photo. You look amazing!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #395  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Thanks Ladies, that was my Glam pic that my friend who is a photographer took of me... thought I should update my pic for a change...
Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #396  
aka CAT

Quote:
Thanks Ladies, that was my Glam pic that my friend who is a photographer took of me... thought I should update my pic for a change...
Well girl, you just keep glamming it up! It suits you well. :-)

I got some of those pics coming up real soon.......
Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone!

Home today, my shoulder is bothering me and it's travelling up into my neck and head. It felt like I had a brain freeze this morning...so since it's so early in the year and not everyone is back at work yet (resulting in no meetings) I called in and went back to bed. Currently in the dark...being on the computer seems 'ok' but I don't want to look outside into the bright world. UGH!

FYI - make sure as you lose weight to get proper bras. I'm pretty sure I did this to myself by getting a bra that was "good enough" to get me through the losses. Looking back, I should have spent the money on a really good bra (like that one I have right now)....I spent more then enough money on massages, it would have been cheaper to get a proper bra. Probably looking at acupuncture now...ugh!

(FYI I'm chesty anyway and haven't really lost a lot in the bust area (lots in the thorax though)...should have known better!)

...rant/whine is over for right now...can't guarantee it won't be back though!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I need new breakfast ideas before I go shopping on Sunday. I've been doing a vanilla shake in my coffee with a little bit of WF caramel since pretty much day 1. I drank a big cup of it before I got the flu and now (most days) it's a struggle getting it down. I used to LOVE it. I don't know if it was the flu or I'm just burnt out. Anyway, what do you have? I always have my bar at night so that's not an option. I also do a chocolate shake at lunch and I really don't want 2 of those every day but I may have to. Oh, and crap, I use alternatives so this may be hard to help me with. What do you do fro breakfast?
I always have 1/2 chocolate shake in my coffee, tastes like a yummy mocha and i drink the other half or if i really need it (like this morning), i'll have another coffee with the other half, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone!

Home today, my shoulder is bothering me and it's travelling up into my neck and head. It felt like I had a brain freeze this morning...so since it's so early in the year and not everyone is back at work yet (resulting in no meetings) I called in and went back to bed. Currently in the dark...being on the computer seems 'ok' but I don't want to look outside into the bright world. UGH!

FYI - make sure as you lose weight to get proper bras. I'm pretty sure I did this to myself by getting a bra that was "good enough" to get me through the losses. Looking back, I should have spent the money on a really good bra (like that one I have right now)....I spent more then enough money on massages, it would have been cheaper to get a proper bra. Probably looking at acupuncture now...ugh!

(FYI I'm chesty anyway and haven't really lost a lot in the bust area (lots in the thorax though)...should have known better!)

Sorry you're not feeling well but glad you were able to stay home! Glad you got a good bra...i'm so the opposite of you that once i'm done with losing weight...i'll probably be ok with a training bra, lol.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #399  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I know I said this in your pictures file, but this picture is really and truly wonderful. Now. If you could just get your friend to take a picture of you, in the same outfit, with the little ones as accessories. . . .
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #400  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

It's About Time- Have you tried any other flavors? I'm using alternatives for my phase 1 days in maintenance. Atkins has a mocha latte shake that's ok, there is also a caramel flavored one, maybe it's a coffee tasting one too. EAS has a dark rich chocolate flavor that I bet would be really good to mix in your coffee for a mocha drink. Also, EAS has a strawberry flavor that tastes very much like strawberry Quik, I wouldn't add it to my coffee, but that's another option for breakfast.
I use 1 splenda and some 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee. Less carbs than the skim milk. I have done this since beginning phase 3, still do it on phase 1 days.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #401  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
It's About Time- Have you tried any other flavors? I'm using alternatives for my phase 1 days in maintenance. Atkins has a mocha latte shake that's ok, there is also a caramel flavored one, maybe it's a coffee tasting one too. EAS has a dark rich chocolate flavor that I bet would be really good to mix in your coffee for a mocha drink. Also, EAS has a strawberry flavor that tastes very much like strawberry Quik, I wouldn't add it to my coffee, but that's another option for breakfast.
I use 1 splenda and some 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee. Less carbs than the skim milk. I have done this since beginning phase 3, still do it on phase 1 days.
I've tried the Atkins strawberry and I thought it was ok. Maybe I should give it another shot. I also have tried the other the caramel latte one is so thick I just don't like it. I will look at some of my other options when I go on Sunday. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #402  
aka CAT

I like the EAS carb control Dark Chocolate....can you say YUMMY! I have even added a little WF caramel when I needed a "sweet fix". Also add WF chocolate to the EAS vanilla. Strawberry does remind me of strawberry Quik too. I loved that when I was a child.

I also found some Pure Protein RTD at Walmart. Same flavors as their powders.....Vanilla Creme and Frosty Chocolate in 12 oz. aluminum resealable cans. 23 grams of protein, 110 calories, 2 net carbs with 1 of those being sugar. Little more expensive than the others but great to keep around for a change of pace.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #403  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone!

not good, you take it easy and get better soon... I really need a good fitting bra... I lost a lot in that area more than 10 inches, and went from a hh to a c maybe b... was thinking last night when I put my tshirt on for bed that I lost the roll around my middle and now my boobs are taking its place... not a pretty sight those saggy things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I know I said this in your pictures file, but this picture is really and truly wonderful. Now. If you could just get your friend to take a picture of you, in the same outfit, with the little ones as accessories. . . .
I just about asked but she was doing it at a friend's house as soon as she gets her studio opened I will ask. I am hoping my old girl lasts a little longer, she has been doing so well since Sept. Now it is mostly doggy alztimers and that is quite sad, I keep saying to myself one more week you can do it one more week... My friend at the vet's clinic, has told me it is time but I just can't let her go yet. As long as she is still eating, whether it is peanut butter or hamburger and rice she will be around. The attitude in my house has changed, that when Jewel now starts wandering and whining my young dog comes to me, so I know it isn't good I just have to be brave and make the appointment soon.

Thanks I know I talk way too much about my girls but thats what I have... and they are the ones that keep me walking, running and playing so they deserve some time in my writings too.

So looking forward to the weekend, it is suppose to be +8 on sunday which is so warm for January, I spend as much time outside when the weather is like this... as long as I can find somewhere to walk that isn't too icy...

Have a good weekend all.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #404  

We set records here yesterday with 61 degrees. In January! It's 47 right now. I really want to go vacuum out my car after work but I'm starting to feel really nuseated. This is how I got on day 2 last round too. I slept the night away and can't even remember if I fed my children that night. I'm sure I did since their dad was working but I was so out of it nothing would surprise me. I was hoping to surpass that this time but I suppose i should've expected it with how horrible I ate for a bit. Ugh!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 01-06-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #405  
aka CAT

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone!

I totally agree about a good fitting bra...especially as we age. I broke down and had a fitting at the local Soma (Chico's partner) store. I've had numerous people tell me they were the best bras they ever owned. After about 4 weeks of wearing, I am sold as well. They fit perfectly and my girls never looked better. They aren't cheap ($48US) but worth every penny. I've only gone from a DD to a D....small possibility that I make it to a C but I hope not.

I hope your shoulder/neck feels better soon. I have a couple of yoga poses that really help me in those areas. Try lying on your back with your butt up against the baseboard and with your legs up the wall. It's fittingly called Legs Up the Wall pose. Just let gravity let your legs relax into your hips sockets. Your back and shoulders/neck are supported by the floor......just relax. You might even feel/hear some "popping". That's you giving yourself a spinal adjustment. Hope it helps......I do this at work/home/yoga class ALL the time! It's wonderful.....even if you aren't hurting.

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/690

http://yoga.about.com/od/yogaposes/a/legsup.htm

http://www.eldr.com/article/fitness/...-healthy-aging

Last edited by gettinmygrooveback; 01-06-2012 at 03:34 PM.