Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #376  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I hear ya on the skin, I decided that I lived for long enough being an extra fluffy gal that I can live the rest of my life with extra skin and be happy. Apparently it can take up to two years to 'catch up' but after 140 lbs there is no way it's going to totally catch up. But hey, no one knows what's under the clothes! LOL

The VIP doesn't care...he's so proud of me that his chest puffs up when someone comments on my loss in front of him. He likes to tell me that he's cheating on the old me with the new me. He quite freqently passes all the major tests LOL. So since he's not really worried about it, it makes me less worried about it.

Either way come March when I'm in mexico, I'll look better than ever in a swim suit even with the lose skin. I've already tried on some board shorts and the XL was too big so I'm going to buy some in Feb...already scoped out the tankini tops with underwire, it's just a matter of "when" I buy.
Thats soo Awesome! My BF tried to give me compliments but they are so cheesy I mainly just tell him to shut up. I also dont want to get comfortable with hearing them, because in the past thats when I allow myself to "cheat" So we will see. I am hoping that by June I will be on to maintenance. but ya never know. I did have a gain this week, that was I was retaining water like crazy, and most of that is all gone now! So I am hoping for a decent week this next week!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #377  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Yes, I'm quoting myself here, but:

"Phase 1 should have it's own stages. Just from reading this site and my own experience, I've found:
Stage 1: Excited to start, Day 1 is so hard!! Where is the recipe for Big Mac in a bowl? I'm starving, but made it through! Whew! Can I eat this or that? Which WF dressings are good? Everybody is figuring out how to do this diet and the site search isn't the easiest to figure out. I don't think anybody reads the first post of the Daily Chat. Expect newbies to go through 2-3 weeks of this stage at least. The more threads created, the better, Woohoo!
Stage 2: Getting everything figured out, settling into a routine. You know what you like and you know what you don't like. Most people are still losing high numbers on their WI's. All is well with Ideal Protein. Clothes are getting too big, people are experiencing NSVs all the time. People are feeling really good!
Stage 3: You are about 2 or 3 sizes or 15-20 lbs away from your goal. If you've been on IP for at least 3 months or so, you're starting to wonder how long you will have to keep doing this. You want to kick the scale when there is no loss or the loss is low. 2 -3 lbs? You dance out of your visit. You're starting to think about the next phases and wonder how in the world you will eat all of that breakfast on phase 3. You're scared because you are so used to your routine, but you start trying to figure it out. You start getting frustrated that nobody reads the first post on the Daily Chat thread. You get tired of trying to find your favorite thread because 20 new threads by the same new member were started during the same day. You think about kicking a puppy, but don't.
Stage 4: You have 10 lbs or less to lose from reaching your goal. You want to curse the scale because it barely budges from one week to the next. You can't wait to start the next phase because you want some variety back in your life. You're ready to move on and that "fun" day is sounding so darn wonderful, and at the same time, still really scary. You are thankful when you lose a whole pound and not just point something of a pound. You wonder if you set your goal weight correctly. What is it about that magic number you set out to reach? Maybe it's really too low, or maybe I need to lower it? Will I ever lose these last 10 lbs? Thank goodness no puppies are around to kick. You're sick of all the people in the daily chat posting about losing 10 lbs in a week. You don't care if they eat Big Mac in a bowl and liked it. You want to gouge your eyes out when you read about all the cheats and then the same person wonders why they "only" lost 5 lbs that week. Maybe you will kick a kitten in frustration.

Disclaimer: This poster does not advise people to kick kittens or puppies. I only posted that to be funny and sarcastic.

I find myself currently in between stages 2 and 3. Hopefully that makes me experienced enough to join you guys in this thread."

I posted this in the previous Experienced Thread. All of you who agree probably belong here now. Welcome!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #378  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post

"Phase 1 should have it's own stages. Just from reading this site and my own experience, I've found:
Stage 1: Excited to start, Day 1 is so hard!! Where is the recipe for Big Mac in a bowl? I'm starving, but made it through! Whew! Can I eat this or that? Which WF dressings are good? Everybody is figuring out how to do this diet and the site search isn't the easiest to figure out. I don't think anybody reads the first post of the Daily Chat. Expect newbies to go through 2-3 weeks of this stage at least. The more threads created, the better, Woohoo!
Stage 2: Getting everything figured out, settling into a routine. You know what you like and you know what you don't like. Most people are still losing high numbers on their WI's. All is well with Ideal Protein. Clothes are getting too big, people are experiencing NSVs all the time. People are feeling really good!
Stage 3: You are about 2 or 3 sizes or 15-20 lbs away from your goal. If you've been on IP for at least 3 months or so, you're starting to wonder how long you will have to keep doing this. You want to kick the scale when there is no loss or the loss is low. 2 -3 lbs? You dance out of your visit. You're starting to think about the next phases and wonder how in the world you will eat all of that breakfast on phase 3. You're scared because you are so used to your routine, but you start trying to figure it out. You start getting frustrated that nobody reads the first post on the Daily Chat thread. You get tired of trying to find your favorite thread because 20 new threads by the same new member were started during the same day. You think about kicking a puppy, but don't.
Stage 4: You have 10 lbs or less to lose from reaching your goal. You want to curse the scale because it barely budges from one week to the next. You can't wait to start the next phase because you want some variety back in your life. You're ready to move on and that "fun" day is sounding so darn wonderful, and at the same time, still really scary. You are thankful when you lose a whole pound and not just point something of a pound. You wonder if you set your goal weight correctly. What is it about that magic number you set out to reach? Maybe it's really too low, or maybe I need to lower it? Will I ever lose these last 10 lbs? Thank goodness no puppies are around to kick. You're sick of all the people in the daily chat posting about losing 10 lbs in a week. You don't care if they eat Big Mac in a bowl and liked it. You want to gouge your eyes out when you read about all the cheats and then the same person wonders why they "only" lost 5 lbs that week. Maybe you will kick a kitten in frustration.

Disclaimer: This poster does not advise people to kick kittens or puppies. I only posted that to be funny and sarcastic.

I find myself currently in between stages 2 and 3. Hopefully that makes me experienced enough to join you guys in this thread."

I posted this in the previous Experienced Thread. All of you who agree probably belong here now. Welcome!
very Well written out! LOL I had a couple chuckles out loud here at work!! I guess I would also still be in between 2-3 I have alot til my "goal" whatever that may be... but I have been on IP for almost 5 months!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Only thing you didn't add here is that you swear you are caught in a time warp and it it going onand on forever!! But I just realized that is what I thought was going to happen when I weighed 200 pounds so this is a better warp to be trapped in.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Default Jelly - I do that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Thats soo Awesome! My BF tried to give me compliments but they are so cheesy I mainly just tell him to shut up. I also dont want to get comfortable with hearing them, because in the past thats when I allow myself to "cheat" So we will see. I am hoping that by June I will be on to maintenance. but ya never know. I did have a gain this week, that was I was retaining water like crazy, and most of that is all gone now! So I am hoping for a decent week this next week!
Oh my gosh! I cannot figure out why I do this - went to the doc and had bloodwork done. It all came back PERFECT. The doc was amazed. Cholesterol was down 120 points, blood sugar was NON-diabetic - everything was just great! He told me he was impressed and said I looked great and to keep it up. The next day, I cheated for the very first time since I started in Sept. WTH?
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

This is fantastic!
I have been in all 4 stages....currently back in stage 2 for those darn last 10! Thanks for the laugh!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #382  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:

Lol. It's like you were reading my mind! Thats great. I need 2 copy that out. Thanks for the laughs.
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #383  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

Brilliant. Really enjoyed reading this again. My pet peeve? The people who say Well, I was a naughty girl. I ate blah, and blah, and blah. But what the heck, I lost 2 pounds. Or it's corollary: I think I'll have a cheat day. But I'll get right back on and it won't do any harm.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #384  

Height: 5'4"

Well after one day of phase 1 I am down 2.6lbs. Hoping for a much larger number for my first week but super happy it's already going in the right direction.

Also, just looked at the calendar and TOM should be coming in the next couple of days. Lovely time to get back on phase 1!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #385  
Started IP 8.02.11

Blah. I couldn't seem to sleep decent last night. I am up way earlier than normal... I start my new job today. Same company. Just new position. $3 more an hour. Can't complain at all!! I was definitely ready for a change.of scenery!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #386  

Quote:
Blah. I couldn't seem to sleep decent last night. I am up way earlier than normal... I start my new job today. Same company. Just new position. $3 more an hour. Can't complain at all!! I was definitely ready for a change.of scenery!
I always get like that the night before a big day. You know, when you need the sleep the most! I get worried my alarm won't go off or something I think. Good luck! Gotta love the extra $3 an hour!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #387  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Well after one day of phase 1 I am down 2.6lbs. Hoping for a much larger number for my first week but super happy it's already going in the right direction.

Also, just looked at the calendar and TOM should be coming in the next couple of days. Lovely time to get back on phase 1!
Yeah! Just stay on track.

My scale was down another 2 this AM. Love it....

Happy Friday everyone!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

TGIF everyone...seems like week is longer when you only have 4 days...

Paint Lady - LOVED your post...so true!

Quote:
Congrats on more money, hopefully you will have a better work atmosphere!

Quote:
I always get like that the night before a big day. You know, when you need the sleep the most! I get worried my alarm won't go off or something I think. Good luck! Gotta love the extra $3 an hour!
I do that too, always worried the alarm won't go off! Even when the kids have something where they can't be late, i don't sleep.

Have a great day!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #389  

I need new breakfast ideas before I go shopping on Sunday. I've been doing a vanilla shake in my coffee with a little bit of WF caramel since pretty much day 1. I drank a big cup of it before I got the flu and now (most days) it's a struggle getting it down. I used to LOVE it. I don't know if it was the flu or I'm just burnt out. Anyway, what do you have? I always have my bar at night so that's not an option. I also do a chocolate shake at lunch and I really don't want 2 of those every day but I may have to. Oh, and crap, I use alternatives so this may be hard to help me with. What do you do fro breakfast?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #390  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I need new breakfast ideas before I go shopping on Sunday. I've been doing a vanilla shake in my coffee with a little bit of WF caramel since pretty much day 1. I drank a big cup of it before I got the flu and now (most days) it's a struggle getting it down. I used to LOVE it. I don't know if it was the flu or I'm just burnt out. Anyway, what do you have? I always have my bar at night so that's not an option. I also do a chocolate shake at lunch and I really don't want 2 of those every day but I may have to. Oh, and crap, I use alternatives so this may be hard to help me with. What do you do fro breakfast?
tough one with alternates you don't have a lot of choices... okay so is it just the vanilla in you coffee you can't do or vanilla shake all together? have you tried to add flavors to your shake? I have added instant coffee to mine and like that, or you could try different SF davinci syrups, I go through a lot of syrup.... maybe that is why my weight loss isn't doing so good right now... but never mind about me. What products do you buy? and what are your options? can you get different drinks? I have tried some of the nashua drinks that are with splenda and they are not too bad... not great but.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote