Old 01-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #496  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
The hips and knees just won't let me....but I keep trying!
I keep forgetting to ask. How IS your knee doing?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 232/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Can anyone explain to me why we are not allowed Aspartame? I am not on IP but have been using Pure Protien prodcuts. I have lost 6lbs the first week and after 12 days have lost 9lbs. I plan on starting IP next thursday but wanted to get a jump on it. I am a huge diet pepsi drinker and I just wanted to know what would be the harm if i don't give it up.
lbixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #498  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I keep forgetting to ask. How IS your knee doing?
The underlying problem with my knee is still there. Only surgery will correct the torn meniscus. Understand that this diagnosis was made with professionally educated "guesses". I have not had a MRI...yet. Based upon my "symptoms" and the way my body was reacting, the "assumption" was made. 6 weeks of good physical therapy strengthened my muscles and helped to correct some major imbalances I had developed after carrying around all that weight and allowing my body to compensate for my 18 year old injury. Who would of thunk it? I am doing so much better. I haven't had many knee "wobble" episodes thanks to the stronger and more properly aligned muscles. I perform my therapy exercises every other day.......the process continues.

Thanks you for asking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbixby View Post
Can anyone explain to me why we are not allowed Aspartame? I am not on IP but have been using Pure Protien prodcuts. I have lost 6lbs the first week and after 12 days have lost 9lbs. I plan on starting IP next thursday but wanted to get a jump on it. I am a huge diet pepsi drinker and I just wanted to know what would be the harm if i don't give it up.
The body reacts to aspartame the same way it does to sugar/carbs. It causes the pancreas to secrete insulin. Sucralose in moderation (Splenda) does not do this. The science behind the Ideal Protein diet places your pancreas in a hiberantion mode to allow it to rest and reprogram itself. Working through the phases and properly waking up your pancreas in Phase 3 with the re-introduction of low glycemic carbs is the key to this being a successful weight loss/maintenance program.

Time to tell your Diet Pepsi goodbye for awhile. It will be there when you finsih the program. Continuing to ingest aspartame will on program will most likely undermine your success. There are other caffeine alternatives, but water is your best friend.

Good luck.....this program works if you follow the rules.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 232/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
The underlying problem with my knee is still there. Only surgery will correct the torn meniscus. Understand that this diagnosis was made with professionally educated "guesses". I have not had a MRI...yet. Based upon my "symptoms" and the way my body was reacting, the "assumption" was made. 6 weeks of good physical therapy strengthened my muscles and helped to correct some major imbalances I had developed after carrying around all that weight and allowing my body to compensate for my 18 year old injury. Who would of thunk it? I am doing so much better. I haven't had many knee "wobble" episodes thanks to the stronger and more properly aligned muscles. I perform my therapy exercises every other day.......the process continues.

Thanks you for asking.....

The body reacts to aspartame the same way it does to sugar/carbs. It causes the pancreas to secrete insulin. Sucralose in moderation (Splenda) does not do this. The science behind the Ideal Protein diet places your pancreas in a hiberantion mode to allow it to rest and reprogram itself. Working through the phases and properly waking up your pancreas in Phase 3 with the re-introduction of low glycemic carbs is the key to this being a successful weight loss/maintenance program.

Time to tell your Diet Pepsi goodbye for awhile. It will be there when you finsih the program. Continuing to ingest aspartame will on program will most likely undermine your success. There are other caffeine alternatives, but water is your best friend.

Good luck.....this program works if you follow the rules.
Ahh... now i understand. I thought maybe that was the case but was not sure. Thank you so much for answering
lbixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #500  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbixby View Post
Diet Pepsi One is made with Spenda! YAY!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #501  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Diet Pepsi One is made with Spenda! YAY!
Yeh. But it still has all that carmel colored poisonous stuff in it. It was my favorite, too.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #502  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Yeh. But it still has all that carmel colored poisonous stuff in it. It was my favorite, too.
OK... I've never admitted it before but it is time. I love caramel colored poisonous stuff! I do only have about one Diet Pepsi One each week and then only if I see it. My new drink of choice after water and coffee is seltzer water Perrier Lime. I limit that too. What now feels like poison to me is any diet drink with aspartame... And watch out - though I mentioned HealthSmart foods as good substitutes, some are made with aspartame. LABELS LABELS LABELS...

Last edited by maykatcooper; 01-14-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #503  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone,

Got lots of snow in the past 2 days and today its freezing. We usually have a truck that comes and shovel our driveway but this year we can't as my van is broken and in the driveway so its not wide enough for the truck to come. Yesterday when i spoke to my daughter after she got home from school, she says mom i can go sledding..we have a bit snowbank in our driveway...ugh yeah that's what i wanted to hear...the city had went by and put hard snow/ice up to our knees all along my driveway, took us over an hour to shovel. I decided to have an extra egg for dinner because of that, lol.

WI this morning -3, very pleased Doing bootcamp this week, i already miss my chocolate soy puffs.

Kids want to go sledding this morning, trying to get out of it...its fine for them as they're running around but i don't feel like standing around in -25 weather.

Have a great OP week-end
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #504  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. Just a few quick minutes to catch up before I start homework for the day. This morning I purged drawers again. It felt great trying on all the clothes I wore not that long ago that were way too big now. I had some capris I wanted to get into last summer but it never happened and now I won't be wearing them this summer either. For different reasons of course. I have a huge pile for consignment and I threw a huge pile away too.

Nothing like making you feel good when the diet doesn't seem to be going as well as planned.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #505  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning. Just a few quick minutes to catch up before I start homework for the day. This morning I purged drawers again. It felt great trying on all the clothes I wore not that long ago that were way too big now. I had some capris I wanted to get into last summer but it never happened and now I won't be wearing them this summer either. For different reasons of course. I have a huge pile for consignment and I threw a huge pile away too.

Nothing like making you feel good when the diet doesn't seem to be going as well as planned.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Congratulations on the new "ish" wardrobe.

You've described one of my favorite parts of this journey! It feels SO good! Smile.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #506  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Woot woot busymom....ssssssooooo close to onederland!!!!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #507  

Height: 5'6"

Does anyone know if it is possible to get 4000 iu vitamin D in Canada? I currently take 4 of the 1000 iu but I'm tired of swallowing a ton of pills lol
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #508  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to get 4000 iu vitamin D in Canada? I currently take 4 of the 1000 iu but I'm tired of swallowing a ton of pills lol
Hi DollFaceBella, I haven't been able to find any either in 4000 IU pill form, so I use a liquid form, the Genestra brand called D-Mulsion 1000 and take 4 drops daily. It is around $20 for the 30 ml bottle. I get it from a naturopath clinic but have googled it and found it for sale online. It has no added wheat,yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, artificial flavorings or colourings, or dairy. I would rather take 1 4000 pill if I could find 1, but Dr. at the clinic prefers the D-mulsion liquid over pills.

Last edited by grannyto2bear; 01-15-2012 at 11:31 AM.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #509  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Everyone,

Ok, I've read the book, I need to read it again. But right now I'm looking for the explaination of the cheat day (scanned...can't find it). I know it, I get it, it's not a big deal to me but I am having problems explaining it to someone.

Does anyone know if it's even in the book (where)...??
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #510  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Ishbel, Maybe it's on his website? I know I read about it somewhere, either the book or his site. I thought I remember reading that it was mandatory, but can't remember the exact wording.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote