Old 01-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #361  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I think that I would rather call this "home" as well... Its nice to see the boards super busy, but I can only ready some of the same questions a couple of times!! Hope that doesn't sound too harsh!
This is why we initially moved here. READ THE STICKIES ALREADY!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #362  

Oh, and I meant that to those asking the same questions, not you. lol
Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #363  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Was thinking the same thing...seems like it was me just yesterday, lol
WEll I am glad that I am not the only one... I figured that I would just check in every once and a while,
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #364  

I posted this in the Maintainers thread but thought it'd be helpful to know for those of you who may think of starying....

Just had an eye opening moment. I was drinking my choc shake heated up and eating my steamed broccoli/cauliflower at lunch and I told my hubby how much I missed it. (We eat lunch together everyday.) He says, "you know what I miss? I miss the wife who didn't complain of head aches and wasn't tired all the time." He's right! I have been having the worst headaches and "spinny" stomach and it's been about the last 2 or 3 weeks. Funny that that is when I started going off the deep end. I feel fine when I have a "cheat" here and there and get right back to it but I can't do it days on end or I just feel bogged down and my headache never seems to go away. *I know cheat days aren't promoted in the first few phases but I had a few and was still losing a little towards the end because after 5 months or so it's the only way I could keep myself going sometimes. It wasn't much and it wasn't often.*

So, I know these first few days are going to suck royally and the heachaches will only get worse before they get better but it's so worth it. Maybe this time when I phase off I will remember that so I can keep the weight off!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #365  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

How y'all are? I'm back to finish what I started. I'm so glad I phased off when I did. My body needed a recovery period......and now it's ready to slide into home.

What happened to the last 6 weeks? The time between Thanksgiving and New Year's is a blur. I gained 7 pounds during Phase 3 and then there was another 2-3 pounds that kept fluctuating during maintenance. I did not go crazy with food but I did step off the beaten path a few too many times. When I think about the things that I DID pass by, I can pat myself on the back. I think I handled the holidays very well. This was a great reality check for me….I (once again) see just how sensitive I am to carbohydrates. I was going to wait until the end of January to get back on plan but the way my tummy felt in my favorite jeans on New Year’s Eve was enough to make me move things forward. 3 days OP and I have already lost 6.5 pounds of fluid…..and I feel fantastic. My yoga instructor is also back OP…..In last night’s class we were both bouncing off the walls. I love ketosis!

I also now see that my goal weight has to be much lower than previously expected and I’m banking on being in Maintenance by the first part of April. I need a few weeks of “M” before the two weeks of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (aka Jazz Fest) towards the end of April and then my son’s wedding is May 11th. I have my jewelry but am back and forth between two different dresses. As of right now both “fit” with a little room for weight loss…but I can see alterations being made come April 1. And no, I will not wait until then to begin looking for a dress.

Looking forward to catching up with all the rebooters. My mind is set. I’m happy and ready to wear Size 8 jeans.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #366  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
How y'all are? I'm back to finish what I started. I'm so glad I phased off when I did. My body needed a recovery period......and now it's ready to slide into home.

What happened to the last 6 weeks? The time between Thanksgiving and New Year's is a blur. I gained 7 pounds during Phase 3 and then there was another 2-3 pounds that kept fluctuating during maintenance. I did not go crazy with food but I did step off the beaten path a few too many times. When I think about the things that I DID pass by, I can pat myself on the back. I think I handled the holidays very well. This was a great reality check for me….I (once again) see just how sensitive I am to carbohydrates. I was going to wait until the end of January to get back on plan but the way my tummy felt in my favorite jeans on New Year’s Eve was enough to make me move things forward. 3 days OP and I have already lost 6.5 pounds of fluid…..and I feel fantastic. My yoga instructor is also back OP…..In last night’s class we were both bouncing off the walls. I love ketosis!

I also now see that my goal weight has to be much lower than previously expected and I’m banking on being in Maintenance by the first part of April. I need a few weeks of “M” before the two weeks of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (aka Jazz Fest) towards the end of April and then my son’s wedding is May 11th. I have my jewelry but am back and forth between two different dresses. As of right now both “fit” with a little room for weight loss…but I can see alterations being made come April 1. And no, I will not wait until then to begin looking for a dress.

Looking forward to catching up with all the rebooters. My mind is set. I’m happy and ready to wear Size 8 jeans.
I must be super carb sensitive too since I gained 13! Hope I have the luck you have with it dropping back off.

I can't wait to see the dress you pick! You will look fab.

I want to finally get out of these 9/10 jeans and make it to the 6s soon! When I told my friend I was back on phase 1 today she said she needs to too because she couldn't even button her jeans today. I'm glad my clothes still fit me and I haven't had to go without doing a button. I did measure this morning and have gained a few inches overall but not too shabby. That's kinda what makes me think it's a lot of water weight.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh I love seeing the people that did the journey with me. HI Linsey & Gettingmy grooveback!

I felt great that after phasing off in November and then went into maintenance and them ate what I wanted for 2-4 weeks, my weight was only up 2 lbs and that is already gone after day 5 of phase I. I am feeling better today than yesterday and the hunger isn't as consuming. lol. I think I am slipping back into ketosis. Yeah!

So, Lets Go Girls! I will be on phase I (I am predicting), until at least April, as I am slow loser, but that's ok, because I didn't gain (even lost a little) in phase 3 and didn't gain in 4, it was only when I went WILD with wine slushies, cheese & crackers, rum cake, egg nog, and every kind of Christmas cookie and fudge know to mankind that I gained 2 lbs. For one thing, I really couldn't eat anywhere near the volume I could before, same with drinking. I could only stomach 2 drinks per outing. Well, I will check in later tonight, I am out to dinner with girlfriends to celebrate my Birthday (not really until the 7th) and then off to knitting. YEAH ME
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #368  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I must be super carb sensitive too since I gained 13! Hope I have the luck you have with it dropping back off.

I can't wait to see the dress you pick! You will look fab.

I want to finally get out of these 9/10 jeans and make it to the 6s soon! When I told my friend I was back on phase 1 today she said she needs to too because she couldn't even button her jeans today. I'm glad my clothes still fit me and I haven't had to go without doing a button. I did measure this morning and have gained a few inches overall but not too shabby. That's kinda what makes me think it's a lot of water weight.
You will do just fine. You know what you need to do to lose the weight. Excess fluid is the first to go. I had a bad headache yesterday afternoon and then I "switched tanks".......slept like a baby last night too. Today, no headache or hunger. I hope to be at my last known low weight and in fat loss mode next week. Let's make sure our heads are screwed on right, stay OP, don't stress, exercise, get good rest and above all else, be proud and happy.

If I get motivated (and really feeling good)...I'll take photos in my dresses and jewelry. Perhaps some input from afar will help me decide.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
I think that I would rather call this "home" as well... Its nice to see the boards super busy, but I can only ready some of the same questions a couple of times!! Hope that doesn't sound too harsh!
Hey Jelly! Did you just change your goal? Like 'JUST'?? I am always checkin' out tickers lol and really just checked you out last night (the back and forth we did lol)
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #370  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Oh I love seeing the people that did the journey with me. HI Linsey & Gettingmy grooveback!

I felt great that after phasing off in November and then went into maintenance and them ate what I wanted for 2-4 weeks, my weight was only up 2 lbs and that is already gone after day 5 of phase I. I am feeling better today than yesterday and the hunger isn't as consuming. lol. I think I am slipping back into ketosis. Yeah!

So, Lets Go Girls! I will be on phase I (I am predicting), until at least April, as I am slow loser, but that's ok, because I didn't gain (even lost a little) in phase 3 and didn't gain in 4, it was only when I went WILD with wine slushies, cheese & crackers, rum cake, egg nog, and every kind of Christmas cookie and fudge know to mankind that I gained 2 lbs. For one thing, I really couldn't eat anywhere near the volume I could before, same with drinking. I could only stomach 2 drinks per outing. Well, I will check in later tonight, I am out to dinner with girlfriends to celebrate my Birthday (not really until the 7th) and then off to knitting. YEAH ME
Hi Bella...and a very happy early birthday greeting to you! I am glad to be back and very happy to know that we will be finsihing our journey together.

And we are all still waiting to see a photo of you! :-)

Last edited by gettinmygrooveback; 01-05-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #371  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post

You are lucky! I gained 2.2 pounds in both weeks of phase 3! I thought that was crazy and then kinda just went "hog" wild. I didn't touch water the whole time either. I couldn't believe the 13 pound gain. Scares me a little.

Quote:
You will do just fine. You know what you need to do to lose the weight. Excess fluid is the first to go. I had a bad headache yesterday afternoon and then I "switched tanks".......slept like a baby last night too. Today, no headache or hunger. I hope to be at my last known low weight and in fat loss mode next week. Let's make sure our heads are screwed on right, stay OP, don't stress, exercise, get good rest and above all else, be proud and happy.

If I get motivated (and really feeling good)...I'll take photos in my dresses and jewelry. Perhaps some input from afar will help me decide.
I do know what I need to do and I will do it 100%!

I forgot to tell you I had my annual physical on Tuesday and my dr was out but the one I had was super impressed! They even showed me the "red flag" that pops up on the screen that said, "Patient has lost more than 24% body weight since last visit." That was April 1st! I was bummed about being up but I was 12.2 pounds more than my STARTING weight at that visit so it put things back into perspective for me.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #372  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I do know what I need to do and I will do it 100%!

I forgot to tell you I had my annual physical on Tuesday and my dr was out but the one I had was super impressed! They even showed me the "red flag" that pops up on the screen that said, "Patient has lost more than 24% body weight since last visit." That was April 1st! I was bummed about being up but I was 12.2 pounds more than my STARTING weight at that visit so it put things back into perspective for me.
Isn't it a great feeling to NOT be afraid of the scale at the doctor's office? You should be very proud!

I had my blood drawn just before Christmas.....15 vials to be exact., for my semi-annual testing. Still waiting for a phone call from the doctor's office to schedule my appointment to discuss. Can't wait to see my "numbers". I've had my blood pressure checked a few times. The last time was when I went in for a colonoscopy 3 weeks ago.....it was 110/68. And that was with me so anxious about the procedure. My nurse was like 'Wow...that pretty darn good". I just smiled. And when she asked my weight...I wasn't ashamed to say it out loud. BTW......I did not have ANY polyps. My doc was impressed with how healthy my colon looked. THAT was enough to validate my lifestyle choices.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #373  

Quote:
Isn't it a great feeling to NOT be afraid of the scale at the doctor's office? You should be very proud!

I had my blood drawn just before Christmas.....15 vials to be exact., for my semi-annual testing. Still waiting for a phone call from the doctor's office to schedule my appointment to discuss. Can't wait to see my "numbers". I've had my blood pressure checked a few times. The last time was when I went in for a colonoscopy 3 weeks ago.....it was 110/68. And that was with me so anxious about the procedure. My nurse was like 'Wow...that pretty darn good". I just smiled. And when she asked my weight...I wasn't ashamed to say it out loud. BTW......I did not have ANY polyps. My doc was impressed with how healthy my colon looked. THAT was enough to validate my lifestyle choices.
The funny thing was the first thing that came out of the doctor's mouth was, "Are you doing Ideal Protein or one of those other all protein diets?" She said there are so many people on them right now. She had no concerns with it at all.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #374  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Jelly! Did you just change your goal? Like 'JUST'?? I am always checkin' out tickers lol and really just checked you out last night (the back and forth we did lol)
I did... I figured I was sooo close to my original goal, And I am still not happy with how I look, mostly naked... I am noticing alot of lose hanging skin, thank goodness for control top pantyhose!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
I did... I figured I was sooo close to my original goal, And I am still not happy with how I look, mostly naked... I am noticing alot of lose hanging skin, thank goodness for control top pantyhose!!
I hear ya on the skin, I decided that I lived for long enough being an extra fluffy gal that I can live the rest of my life with extra skin and be happy. Apparently it can take up to two years to 'catch up' but after 140 lbs there is no way it's going to totally catch up. But hey, no one knows what's under the clothes! LOL

The VIP doesn't care...he's so proud of me that his chest puffs up when someone comments on my loss in front of him. He likes to tell me that he's cheating on the old me with the new me. He quite freqently passes all the major tests LOL. So since he's not really worried about it, it makes me less worried about it.

Either way come March when I'm in mexico, I'll look better than ever in a swim suit even with the lose skin. I've already tried on some board shorts and the XL was too big so I'm going to buy some in Feb...already scoped out the tankini tops with underwire, it's just a matter of "when" I buy.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote