Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #361  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
HI Everyone!! Just poppin' my lil ol' head in for a quick update and share! I know I can't remember all I read but congratulations to all on their losses and NSV success this weekend. I will try to respond individually tomorrow.

TO all Newcomers, WELCOME!!! We are so happy to see you here!

WELL.............. I had my weigh in today. After the last 2 horrible weeks I wasn't very hopeful. I had avoided the scale for the most part too and had no clue what to expect. *DRUMROLL*

I LOST 8.8 POUNDS!!! :O HOW did that happen! That was my week 12!

I ALSO LOST the following inches:
chest -1.0"
waist -1.5"
lower abs/tummy -1.0"
hips - 1.25"
upper arms - .5"
thighs - .5"
calves - .5"

That is 6.25" lost in 1 week! I am now at 187. It is the lowest I have been since late 1997. I hope to be at 180 by the end of the month! I was so excited all day after those results!

Overall, in 12 weeks, I have lost 47 pounds and 49.5 total inches. I am down 10.6 percent body fat! If I include the meager weight loss from before I started the program, I have lost 56 pound total! I have 37 pounds left to lose for my goal and 50 to lose to get to my ideal weight.

For superbowl, I did ok. I made : homemade boneless "hot wings", deviled eggs, pickles, veggie tray, shrimp, salad, and a chicken chili. We had homemade sun tea to drink. It was a success but, since it was my house and my cooking, I don't feel I accomplished as much as those of you who showed real preparation and will power going to someone else's superbowl party!

Well, going to run. It is late and I am a bit tired. I will check in again tomorrow! Carla
Fantastic job Showgirlaz! You've got to be super stoked about these incredible numbers. I've just started IP...half-heartedly albeit, but started nonetheless. I'm still getting my head wrapped around the fact that I deserve this. I hate to sound like a broken record, but it's hard re-thinking/re-learning to put myself first. Why, I'm not sure. Probably the fear of failure - Ugh! However, reading all the posts and success stories has given me great hope.

Thanks everyone for being such an inspiration!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #362  

So, weigh-in was up .4#--not significant but frustrating none-the-less. I drink between 96-128oz. of water a day, have my three packets, 5 oz lean protein, and veggies including lettuce. I have decided that this week I will be super diligent about everything.

Thanks everyone for the responses and continued support. I have always had my cycle like clock work (only skipped twice in my life and was due to extreme stress). Do think things would be changing now even though I have been on the program for 10 weeks?? Anyway, I will not let one week throw me off this train I am on. I am committed to find success and as we say at school--I Believe All (Kids) Are Capable of Success, NO EXCEPTIONS!! So, here I go, it is a new week to the new and improved me.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #363  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
So, weigh-in was up .4#--not significant but frustrating none-the-less. I drink between 96-128oz. of water a day, have my three packets, 5 oz lean protein, and veggies including lettuce. I have decided that this week I will be super diligent about everything.

Thanks everyone for the responses and continued support. I have always had my cycle like clock work (only skipped twice in my life and was due to extreme stress). Do think things would be changing now even though I have been on the program for 10 weeks?? Anyway, I will not let one week throw me off this train I am on. I am committed to find success and as we say at school--I Believe All (Kids) Are Capable of Success, NO EXCEPTIONS!! So, here I go, it is a new week to the new and improved me.
Keep up the hard work want2run, you're doing amazing. Like showgirlaz says sometimes your body just goes through cycles where it doesn't want to get rid of the weight and then you'll break through that cycle and have a great #. You know you're doing it right, and it will show, sometimes it just takes a bit of time! Keep up the positive attitude and the weight will fall off
Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 250/233/150

Height: 5'5''

Hello everyone, congratulations on your success I am so impressed by each and everyone on this forum. Everytime I come here, there's always a line, a word, a post that helps me to keep going strong and for that..thank you! I lost 4 on my 2nd week, i'm happy! :-)
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #365  
WyoPrincess

S/C/G: 226/208/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new! I'm going to pick up my food tonight, but I'm not starting until next week. Just wondering what people's fave/most hated products are?
Love the cappaccino, pink lemonade and the banana/chocolate bars. Absolutely cannot stand the eggs, I think it's the smell. Good luck in your journey and keep us posted!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #366  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post

I am SO not an Alarmist, but my cycle changed DRASTICALLY around week 7 or 8, and I am still not back to close to normal. That being said, I am Olden, and may be COINCIDENTALLY experiencing perimenopause (with none of the usual symptoms, if you don't count irregular periods).

Seriously, this could be a total coincidence, but if you read the Nov., Dec. posts, there is all kinds of hormonal weight weirdness occurring.

All I'm saying is don't think your less than stellar weight loss could NOT be because of your cycle......it could be. Get it? OK, that explanation was sure not stellar. Maybe hormones. HA.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #367  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijou5 View Post
Hello everyone, congratulations on your success I am so impressed by each and everyone on this forum. Everytime I come here, there's always a line, a word, a post that helps me to keep going strong and for that..thank you! I lost 4 on my 2nd week, i'm happy! :-)
Congrats on the 4 lbs!!! That's fantastic

Have a great third week!!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Talking

Hello all! I just wanted to say, I have not even made an appointment for a consultation yet. My husband is very leary of this type of thing so I have just been reading these posts each day. I am not all the way through them as I don't spend too much time on each day. I just want to thank you all for such wonderful information. I feel as though I have learned so much and have been able to tell him more and more about what I have read each day, I think it's helping. I am also very anxious to go to a consultation as I feel I will be much more informed, I always like going into a situation with some knowledge about the topic at hand. So, once again, you all have been a tremendous help!!
Thank you!!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Wink

Oh yeah...he also asked about recipes!! He does much of the cooking and I was so excited he is thinking about this already!! Thanks again!!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #370  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Hello all! I just wanted to say, I have not even made an appointment for a consultation yet. My husband is very leary of this type of thing so I have just been reading these posts each day. I am not all the way through them as I don't spend too much time on each day. I just want to thank you all for such wonderful information. I feel as though I have learned so much and have been able to tell him more and more about what I have read each day, I think it's helping. I am also very anxious to go to a consultation as I feel I will be much more informed, I always like going into a situation with some knowledge about the topic at hand. So, once again, you all have been a tremendous help!!
Thank you!!
Re: your husband being leary.....Is it because he thinks the clinics are just out to make money? Or that it doesn't really work? Because it DOES work! And while the clinics profit, they eventually don't because you lose weight so quickly then you are basically done with them. I think any clinic worth it's license is just happy to see their clients succeed!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #371  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default hypo issues

Showgirlaz thanks for the reply. It is interesting that spinach is included in the no-no list. (or strawberries even). I ate spinach in most every salad, and sometimes instead of and did great. I guess we just have to listen to our own bodies. My hypo is the autoimmune kind, wonder if that is somehow different (just talking out loud here, not a question) My numbers have always been in the normal range but when the endo ran the antibody test I was sky high and of course have had a goiter for years.

But right now I am having gut issues and am temporarily off IP until I get to the gastro's office this Thursday. Hope he has some answers and I will be curious if he has an opinion on this diet after I tell him about it.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:08 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Showgirlaz....great weight loss! I was thinking if I could lose 8.8# I would be past goal (I lost 3# today).

So -- can I say...nah, nah...nah...nah....I had a hysterectomy 22 years ago....so no TOM...Aunt Flo ....PMS, etc. At least that is one less thing I have to worry about. (I think I am still *****y about that time of the month...altho there is no one to ***** at......come to think of it....I am like that all month!!)

I can never remember if I am hypo or hyper....I have been on synthryoid for about 8 years. Doc did run a thyroid test on me last week because my feet and hands are so cold. Circulation is good -- and thyroid came back within the normal range. Maybe I am just old.....Hard to smoke with gloves on...altho I found I CAN eat with gloves on!!

Wow - those of you in the East are really getting hammered with snow. I WOULD say nahhh..nahhh again...but it would probably come back to bite me! That snowstorm we had today was nothing for us.....It hasn't snowed here in 3 weeks...and I live in NORTHERN Michigan!! While you were all getting hit this weekend, we had beautiful, balmy sunny weather (24 degrees even!!)

So I had my weighin -- lost 3#...haven't changed my ticker yet (cuz it is 1am). Toomanycats - I really have gasto problems with IP....(what price vanitiy, huh??). Some people have NO problem with their "inerds"...and then there are those of us that do......

Echobaby -- do you think I should worry about getting pregnant? I don't remember the girls names either....but I remember the one was thrilled. (to those of you that don't know me, I am recently widowed and 62 yrs old -- and had a hysterectomy!! so the answer to Echobaby is a resounding NO!!)

Yup, today was a good day! a 3# loss AND I got to pick up my new car (and I didn't cry when I left my old one....did enough of that last night!) I think I didn't cry cuz I was trying to figure out how to put the stupid window up! Salesman covered all the high tech stuff (yeah...like I will remember it...sure!)...and didn't tell me how to work my windows. I drove nearly 26 miles before I could figure out how to do the back windshield wiper!!

Nearly forgot -- I don't like any of the drinks or soups! I love the oatmeal, the peanut vanilla bars, and vanilla and butterscotch pudding. I could get the omelet down if I added veggies.....I bought the chili this week, and thought I would put it on top of lettuce and pretend it was a taco salad.... I add DiVinci "pumpkin pie" syrup to my butterscotch puddings...tastes nearly like pumpkin pie. I add ALL different kinds of flavorings to my vanilla puddings...My counter looks like a bar or a coffee house with all these DiVinci syrups lined up!

I will get my ticker caught up when I am not so tired and braindead.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:00 AM   #373  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Good job Showgirlaz. I have never had a 8 pound week.

Torchlaker - You are almost there!

I am so motivated to keep going when I see others progress.

I made the naked chicken nuggets last night. Yum!!!! I ate too many they were so good. I have never enjoyed a hot meal so much before. It makes such a difference in my level of satisfaction to have it.

We have about 8 in. of snow so far. They are calling for about that much again today. It will be a day of making cookies and hot chocolate for the kiddos. It doesn't even tempt me when we bake. The bars really help when I begin to feel a little deprived.

I really like the bars, peach mango drink, and vanilla pudding with cinnamon on top.

Keep up the good work everyone.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #374  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

I’ve been lurking on the boards for a time (that sounds so sneaky!), but this is my first post. Before I go on, thanks to all of you for the tremendous inspiration. Your amazing results and great information pushed me over the edge in my decision to start this diet.

To motiv8edmama: like your husband, I am always wary of anything that costs money and sounds too good to be true—even though my chiropractor and his staff were dropping weight like crazy. I did lots of research before I committed (this site helped), and by the time I made the decision, I knew the approach made sense medically, but I needed concrete evidence that it would actually work for ME. I knew if I didn’t see results right away, I wouldn’t believe it—so I weighed myself every day. And darned if I wasn’t losing 1-2 pounds every time I stepped on the scale. My motivation level shot through the roof. I lost 8.8 pounds my first week, and 4.4 the second. Now into my third week, the loss is slowing down, but I have no doubt that the diet works—even for ME—and that I will continue to get the kind of results others here have shared. It feels pretty darned good.

So I recommend you take the first step and see for yourself. But you need to be almost religious about following the protocol—I find it helps to have some obsessive-compulsive tendencies! If you stick with the program, the loss will come quickly, and you will achieve your goals. And if you have a supportive husband to cook your food, I’d say you’ve got it made!

To Eastcoastmama: here we go again! Don’t know where you live, but I’m already slogging through snow up to my hips—I feel like I’m back living in Alaska! Hunker down and enjoy your baking.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #375  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Weighed in yesterday and so happy/shocked ----- I dropped 3 lbs! Shocked because this past week my (new) scale was saying I a gained a lb - which I couldn't figure out because I have been diligent in staying on plan. So now will factor in that the new scale weighs in differently then my previous scale and call it a (albeit frustrating) learning experience!

Did not get a chance to be measured because the coach was not in again today (haven't had a regular consult with her in over 3 weeks) BUT I met the most inspirational lady instead! She has been on the plan since last summer and has lost 145 lbs!!!! Amazing!!! Was great to talk with her and hear her take on things. She was maintaining her current weight but still had more to lose so is now back on plan!

Big ups to everyone for continuing to fight the good fight! Ounce by ounce and pound by pound we will win this battle!!
Closed Thread