Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #451  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

can someone tell me again how to make the cauliflower in the oven where you grate it and make it like rice? I've looked through the recipe board but haven't had any luck finding it!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 226/202/180

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
BBonaMission: the weight tracker might not work yet....I think you have to have so many posts or be on the forum so long (and I don't remember the numbers). I keep thinking it is 25 posts and 20 days...but I could be wrong. I know i was counting the days until I could put my tracker on.
I guess you could tell patience is not one my virtues
Old 02-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #453  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
can someone tell me again how to make the cauliflower in the oven where you grate it and make it like rice? I've looked through the recipe board but haven't had any luck finding it!
Grate the cauliflower tops or pulse in the food processor until it is rice-size. Put it in a bowl and cover with saran wrap. Nuke on high for a minute. Perfect rice, everytime!!! Oh, and do not add water.

Last edited by echobaby; 02-11-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 236/224/206/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday925 View Post
Golfmom sounds like you are drinking enough water. I am still struggling to get 64oz. Are you using the sea salt and taking all of the supplements?.

Yes, I am getting all my supplements in too. I also have never had a big loss like everyone else has, my first week I only lost 2 lbs and every week since then 2-2.5 lbs. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. My coach had me journal for a week and she is stumped as well. I really want to have a week with a big loss. I don't work out, does everyone else on IP work out...could that be why I am not having a big loss? Any suggestions?
Old 02-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #455  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
So I went a day early for my weigh in because of the snow. Only down 2lbs this week . My coach said that was good though because it is my TOM and she said women usually stay the same or go up a pound. I guess 2lbs is something though, hopefully next week will be better.
I also only lost 1.6 lbs this week and I think it is due to TOM too. Dang him anyway!! lol Oh well, hope for better numbers next week. You are doing great, keep going!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 236/224/206/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlbertPrincess View Post
I usually cook my family the same meal I am going to eat with usually some additions. For instance, the other day I made the meatballs (which are amazing!!) and I made sweet and sour sauce for myself and put the others in tomato sauce and served it over pasta for my family. I have discovered that my two year old loves fish so we eat that together quite often. I guess each family needs to do what is best for them. My family will benefit from eating a little healthier but when I need to, I don't mind making 2 different meals SOMETIMES.
Could I get your recipe for the meatballs and sweet n sour sauce? Sounds delicious! Thanks!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #457  

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
Could I get your recipe for the meatballs and sweet n sour sauce? Sounds delicious! Thanks!
The recipe was posted on the January boards, and the sweet & sour sauce is posted on the recipe boards. Let us know if you can't find it, and I'll go back and copy and paste it for you on here if necessary
Old 02-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #458  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

birman - OgDog13 is also a vegetarian and she has posted lots of recipes on the recipe thread.

i don't cook seperate meals for my family of two teenage boys and my husband. same protein (roast in the slow cooker, pork chops, shrimp, steak, etc., etc.), same veggies (although i need to make more because i eat the bulk of them), same salad, i might heat up some veggies that i don't eat for them (like corn) and i usually cook some rice or potatoes depending on the meal and if i feel like it. they eat bread, i don't. all in all, it's the same family meal. Same thing when i have company over - i just skip the bread and potatoes and i rarely miss anything.

someone was asking about surf and turf. it's 5 oz total (except for fish which is 7 oz - i can't remember if shrimp is listed under fish) so any combination works until you hit your total - hungry for one more piece of shrimp - don't panic - the calorie or carb difference isn't going to be a big deal. better to snack on protein than chips or a piece of cake.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #459  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Eastcoastmama - I second your idea on meals to use for the whole family.

Supersweet - thanks for your suggestions on meal preparation. All I know for sure is the last thing I want is for the weight I have fought to lose ever coming back on.

Separate note: Any coach ever comment on Light Muscle MilK? I was short on product while traveling and the closest "filler" til I returned home was the Vanilla Light Muscle Milk - 100 cal/15g protein/3 carbs/0 sugars. Any hidden surprises that I should know about? Sweetener is Sucralose.

Would be kinda nice as a backup once in maintenance while traveling. Please understand I totally am sold on IP - just got short while traveling.

Last edited by wagnomore; 02-11-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: sweetener edit
Old 02-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #460  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Great Results All!!!

Wow everyone is having great successes ...
Golfmom... this may sound silly but are you eating enough? I know when I don't eat enough it really stalls my weight loss, just a thought? dont know if that helps!!! I am also a slow loser, it is frustrating, just takes me longer and I cant work out right now either so I am not sure if that would help.
Is MeganO still out there? I havent seen any posts from her lately...
WF- I really like the BBQ sauces they are really a nice change to just plain old chicken, not so much a fan of the dressings. I would like to try the other brand of dressing that someone has recommended I will have to see where I can get them.
We all eat the same meals, we all eat lots of veggies, protein and my husband is the cook in our house so he makes potatoe, rice, pasta for my son, but he has wholewheat, brown or multigrain everything.
The one thing that IP has taught me is to read the labels on food, especially what I am giving my son, sometimes the sugar and sodium in stuff blows my mind.
Happy mini Friday!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
birman - OgDog13 is also a vegetarian and she has posted lots of recipes on the recipe thread.
Oh! Thanks for mentioning that there is another vegetarian IPer here! It's nice to know that I'm not alone.

I did check out that recipe thread a couple of days ago. It's great! The variety there should make it much easier to stick it through than last time I tried IP.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #462  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Wow everyone is having great successes ...
Golfmom... this may sound silly but are you eating enough? I know when I don't eat enough it really stalls my weight loss, just a thought? dont know if that helps!!! I am also a slow loser, it is frustrating, just takes me longer and I cant work out right now either so I am not sure if that would help.
Is MeganO still out there? I havent seen any posts from her lately...
WF- I really like the BBQ sauces they are really a nice change to just plain old chicken, not so much a fan of the dressings. I would like to try the other brand of dressing that someone has recommended I will have to see where I can get them.
We all eat the same meals, we all eat lots of veggies, protein and my husband is the cook in our house so he makes potatoe, rice, pasta for my son, but he has wholewheat, brown or multigrain everything.
The one thing that IP has taught me is to read the labels on food, especially what I am giving my son, sometimes the sugar and sodium in stuff blows my mind.
Happy mini Friday!!!!
Hi WannabeIP,

I mentioned another dressing brand, Maple Grove Farms. I find them at my grocery store next to the WF. They also have a website. Worth a looksie!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #463  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
Eastcoastmama - I second your idea on meals to use for the whole family.

Supersweet - thanks for your suggestions on meal preparation. All I know for sure is the last thing I want is for the weight I have fought to lose ever coming back on.

Separate note: Any coach ever comment on Light Muscle MilK? I was short on product while traveling and the closest "filler" til I returned home was the Vanilla Light Muscle Milk - 100 cal/15g protein/3 carbs/0 sugars. Any hidden surprises that I should know about? Sweetener is Sucralose.

Would be kinda nice as a backup once in maintenance while traveling. Please understand I totally am sold on IP - just got short while traveling.
How was the taste?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

I have to say that I am very impressed by the ticker results here. So many of you had a lot to lose (like me!) and are making great progress. Very inspiring!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #465  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
BevS: I had ordered the cheesecake and the custard with toffee bits. Haven't made the cheesecake yet. I added some praline Divinci syrup (sugarfree) to the Custard....pretty good. The only thing I am disappointed with the Lindora's I have ordered so far is that they don't "fill me up". The IP puddings will keep me going for a couple of hours, and Lindora doesn't because they are not as thick. I am trying to think of WHAT would make them thicker. So far, everything I have tried is pretty good. My doctor looked at the oatmeal and pudding boxes (I took them into her)...she said the Lindora oatmeal had as many carbs as real oatmeal, so I shouldn't waste my money on that. She thought the puddings were okay....she just wished they weren't sweetened with aspartane.

TexasSweetie....I think OgDog had invited you over to the alternative board because you were so afraid to start the IP program, and we had all just restarted Phase I....but it doesn't really matter -- because we are all going between the 2 boards. I don't think any of us on the alternative board are doing the "alternative diet" at the moment. We all had been on this quite a bit longer....and were trying to figure how to cut costs. Obviously, the ideal thing is NOT to go off IP (like we did)...the faster you lose, the quicker the weight comes off, the sooner you will be able to cut the costs.

Welcome all newbies....and "newer"-bies" -- IP works. We can all atest to that. We do try to keep the board as informative as possible because no one's coaches/drs/clinics has enough time to spend with any of us like we would like them to...and we have learned from each other.
Hi Torchlaker,

Thanks. My fear isn't so much about the money or the taste of the food, but more to do with my mindset. You see, I've tried other programs over the past few years and experienced very slooooow results. Then there were comments from my family about "eating differently". As a result, I'd give up long before I'd reach any measureable amount of success. So, I guess you could say that I lack belief in myself to follow this thru to goal. The really weird thing is that I have confidence in myself in other areas...except this one. What's up with that? Any and all suggestions from you and other IPers who have experienced this and gotten past it, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for listening!
Closed Thread