Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #211  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Oh my goodness mystical - what a nightmare. Have you shaken the jello up in the shaker before or was this the first time? I'm wondering if it was a freak thing or if it happens everytime. UGH I can't even imagine cleaning that mess up ... at least you can laugh about it!!
lol, yes I am glad that I can laugh about it now - but at the time I was not a happy camper! I eat the jello pretty much daily and make it the same exact way everytime so this was a complete and utter surprise to me when it exploded! I can tell ya though that I am going to be extra extra cautious when making it in the future! lol!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #212  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
OMG Mystical Mamma, I'm so sorry you went through that. I almost had it happen at work with the chili. Holy Moly...jello everywhere huh? Dang girl. My heart goes out to you. Now is the time to put Oxy Clean to the test eh?

oh man I can't even imagine a chili disaster like that! ugh! I used some oxy-like spray on the blouse and have it soaking in cold water. Was a mini goal treat to myself so am really hoping it comes clean! Will be shelling out for some new kitchen blinds though as there is no way I can get the gelled jello off each slat. Thank goodness they are super cheap at good ol Walmart!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
just had to share a major kitchen disaster that happened to me yesterday morning...
Had a few minutes to spare before leaving for work and thought I would make some jello really quick so it would be ready for supper/snack time. Prepared as instructed, gave it 3 shakes in the shaker and KABOOM!!! The freakin lid blew off! Yes, you guessed it, it sent hot streaming jello everywhere!!!! All my husand heard was OH MY GOD over and over again (and a few more blue profanities that I can't really repeat!) It was literally everywhere. All over me (and my brand new white blouse) ceiling, floor, cupboards, counters, blinds and kitchen fan, not to mention all my kitchen appliances and knick knacks that are in my kitchen! It actually went in a 4 feet radius - everywhere! It took me 45 minutes to clean up - which was getting harder and harder as the jello started to get firm! Ahhhhhh!
Have to say though, as my initial reaction was disbelief and then anger, I simply had to laugh in the end at the craziness of the whole situation! What a way to start the day!
I guess no one told you not to shake anything up with hot or boiling water. I don't have the box of gelatin, just the packets, so I don't know what those instructions say. But our group was told about it at our first meeting. Wow, what a mess that must have been! But it makes a good story for the future, and you're already laughing about it. I actually did the same thing once with orange juice. I was just about to leave for an appointment and went to the fridge for a quick drink of juice. I shook the bottle but the lid wasn't screwed on. Juice flew everywhere, the ceiling, the dishes draining in the drainer, and worst of all in my hair and down my clothes. I didn't make the appointment.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #214  
Kris M

What is everyone using to help retain elasticity in the skin? I have major stretch marks from when I was prego (x2) and then all the added weight really made them bad. I drink the cran/pom drink or eat the jello daily to help with the collagen factor, but wondered about actual topical products to use on my skin. I have been slathering a thick coating of vaseline all over my body every morning in the hopes of making my skin supple and not so dimply. Also trying bio oil - which I heard was a really great product. Can you share any tricks/tips that you use that might help?
Old 02-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #215  

Quote:
What is everyone using to help retain elasticity in the skin? I have major stretch marks from when I was prego (x2) and then all the added weight really made them bad. I drink the cran/pom drink or eat the jello daily to help with the collagen factor, but wondered about actual topical products to use on my skin. I have been slathering a thick coating of vaseline all over my body every morning in the hopes of making my skin supple and not so dimply. Also trying bio oil - which I heard was a really great product. Can you share any tricks/tips that you use that might help?
I don't know yet if it is working/going to work as I have only been using it for a week but there is this program out there called T-Tapp and the woman who created it also developed a system call Cellulite Removal Technique (CRT) and she recommends three things (that she also manufactures and sells) they are body brushing, CRT Skin Tightening System Fibertox and Premium Blended Alfalfa. You can find info about the whole system on t-tapp dot com. Like I said I don't know if it will work, but since I have so much weight to lose and know that skin is/will be an issue, I am willing to try just about anything. I have also heard that it is vital to make sure you are getting in your omega3's each day.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by want2run; 02-06-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #216  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
I was wondering how many people on the IP diet purchase the IP packs individually or by the box....i find to purchase by the box is quite expensive and very limiting if you can't afford to do it that way, I have to drive an hour away to buy them individually....in my hometown they will only sell by the box which I can't afford to do and I feel is demotivating for some of us. I normally buy 21 paks every two weeks (on pay week) and still have many left (drinks mostly) from my starter pack. I also need to buy a good shaker!

I'm very happy with the diet & my results so nothing will stop me now lol
My boyfriend and I usually buy boxes. They're actually cheaper for us; we save a dollar by buying the box vs. 7 individual packets. At this point, I'm pretty set in what I eat, and I know what I like, so it makes sense to buy "in bulk". We usually only buy on pay weeks too, so for the two of us we need 12 boxes of food for the two weeks. So that's 24 dollars we save per month! It's also nice, because with the two weeks supply I can mix and match what I eat; I'm not tied to the same three foods all week. I'm also very fortunate, because our clinic allows us to trade whatever we want, so if I get sick of something, I can trade in the remaining packets at the next visit (we have a small stockpile of extra packets of the items we LOVE just in case).

Why is it so much more expensive for you to buy by the box? Typically speaking, a "bulk" item is less expensive than individual items. Is it just different pricing at different clinics?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #217  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
Dear Ottawa,

Wow, 32 pounds in 2 months! And no cellulite! Congrats!

Hearing so many success stories like your's has been so inspirational and motivating. And I just love that everyone is so supportive of each other. It has truly given me hope that I can do this this time around b/c I'll have the support from others who have been there, done that or are going through it at the same time with me and can relate. My hubby and kiddos are somewhat supportive, but it's hard for them to know exactly what I'm going thru and feeling and what I need. Thank god I found 3FC!
I know exactly what you mean. My boyfriend and I are on the diet together, so I have a lot of diet support, but I really need emotional support that he just can't give me. Not that he doesn't want to, but he doesn't understand how different this process is for me than him. For him, he just knew that he was not eating healthy and weighs more than he should. This is the first diet he's EVER tried. For me, there is a pattern of embarrassment and failure of trying to lose this weight for the past two years in a variety of unsuccessful ways. There are many emotions tied into both the weight gain and the weight loss, and it's difficult to discuss with him or even my girlfriends, because none of them are in the same mindset that I am right now. I am so grateful to have this website where we can share stories, ask questions, and just understand what everyone else is going through. It's such an invaluable part of the process.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
You can buy hydrolyzed collagen at vitamin stores. That will help with elasticity...same thing that is in the jello.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #219  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Well, this is an expensive thing, but I know it works because I used it before(can't afford it now because of the IP expense, but maybe after my tax refund): Its called Stryvectin. It's a cream they originally developed for burn patients. If i remember correctly, I bought it at a significant discount on Skinstore.com. Should be around $95 there, as opposed to $135 elsewhere. I think I saved the delivery receipt from when I last bought it 3-4 years ago so that I would remember where I bought it. Ha. Now I can't remember where I put the receipt. I'll check back in later.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #220  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
just had to share a major kitchen disaster that happened to me yesterday morning...
Had a few minutes to spare before leaving for work and thought I would make some jello really quick so it would be ready for supper/snack time. Prepared as instructed, gave it 3 shakes in the shaker and KABOOM!!! The freakin lid blew off! Yes, you guessed it, it sent hot streaming jello everywhere!!!! All my husand heard was OH MY GOD over and over again (and a few more blue profanities that I can't really repeat!) It was literally everywhere. All over me (and my brand new white blouse) ceiling, floor, cupboards, counters, blinds and kitchen fan, not to mention all my kitchen appliances and knick knacks that are in my kitchen! It actually went in a 4 feet radius - everywhere! It took me 45 minutes to clean up - which was getting harder and harder as the jello started to get firm! Ahhhhhh!
Have to say though, as my initial reaction was disbelief and then anger, I simply had to laugh in the end at the craziness of the whole situation! What a way to start the day!
OH WOW!! I had a mini explosion happen to me once. When It dried I did clean up using a mixture of white vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle with a bristle brush and rags. It was work but it did come clean!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #221  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Toomanycats and Texas Sweetie, a few of us "oldies" that strayed from the diet over the holidays are getting back on the IP Phase 1 train again. Join us! We have each other for support.
Private messages, where possible, might be best. I am sure you don't want to seem exclusionary or cliquish in your efforts to keep all the "oldies" hanging together.

Personally I am VERY GRATEFUL to all the "oldies" who have stuck with the thread to share there experiences of sticking with IP, the results, the issues, and the nonscale victories with all of us new to the thread or new to the program and thread in general. EACH Of you is a great support, inspiration and remind of what is possible by "sticking with it"!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Default First Post

Hello so glad I found this site. Been on IP for almost 3 weeks. Lost 10lbs. so far. Im 42 yrs old, married with two children. I have always been a slow loser on other programs so I am very pleased with my results on IP.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

MysticalMamma....how awful about the jello! I remember reading about not shaking hot liquids....and chicken that I am....I just never did any hot liquids cuz I was sure everything was gonna blow up on me.

A lot of you may not be able to do Private Messages yet. I can't quite remember, but you either have to have SO many posts, or be on for 20 days....so private messaging is not always the answer for newbies.

I guess there may be "something good" about being a widow. I always got candy for Valentines Day.....and I know I won't go out and buy it myself (I think....I hope). This is my 2nd valentines day without my husband....and I am not looking forward to it at all. But as down as I have felt, I am sure glad I am not faced with the goodies like you teachers are......don't know if I could get past that right now.

Mom22 - interesting about the tapping. I downloaded some info on the net, but have never read it. Can't remember the author. Since EMDR is an eyemovement from left to right....It has to be nearly the same concept. I can't do the eyemovements cuz they give me a headache, so I pass a ball back and forth.....but at night (when the bad thoughts start coming in), I will tap.

Yup, I definitely believe men cannot understand women when they try to diet. Most of us are used to failures.....Heck, my husband weighed less than I did when I was 216...kinda embarrassing. I think that is what the forum is good for....talk to someone that understands.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday925 View Post
Hello so glad I found this site. Been on IP for almost 3 weeks. Lost 10lbs. so far. Im 42 yrs old, married with two children. I have always been a slow loser on other programs so I am very pleased with my results on IP.
Welcome Tuesday!! We're happy to have you here, it's a great forum.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #225  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

I am so hungry tonight I could eat just about anything.

Went snowmobiling and must have over did it. When we broke for lunch the cafe didnt even have a salad - so I just had a grilled chicken, no bun and dill pickles. When I got home had my salad - much later than I should have. Then ate again at supper my veges and meat. I officially just moved to Stage 2.

I thought I had overcome the urges...but it's not very easy tonight. My family had Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and usually I don't notice much...not to mention the brownies...it makes me really nervous when I finally make it to the maintenance stage how this will be to manage...sorry for ranting...
Closed Thread