Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
Showgirlaz - A long while back you posted something about being sub-hypothyroid or something close to that. Can you share more? I Have hashimoto's so this diet went against some of the recommendations I had read, but I lost 20 lbs so easily (initially) that I figured it was o.k. to do. I know you mentioned something in relation to the types of vegies, etc. Can you elaborate?
Thanks,
Lisa
Hi, toomanycats, I am hypothyroid and have been on medication for 24 years (I'm 52 now). You're supposed to avoid cruciferous veggies and too much soy. According to Wikipedia, "ideally, you should avoid or limit the following foods: brussel sprouts, rutabagas, turnips, radishes, cauliflower, potatoes, corn, millet, cabbage, peaches, pears, strawberries, mustard greens, spinach, rasishes, African cassava, and kale....But if you cook them and eat them in small portions, you should be fine." Check out Wikipedia looking under hypothyroidism and cruciferous vegetables.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #242  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
want2run:
you are doing AWESOME!! Don't apologize one bit!! I hardly think you rambled. It was very insightful. I agree with the cost. It is not that bad considering what you don't buy. And as others have said...the more you stick with it and don't cheat, the sooner the cost goes down!
KEEP IT UP GIRL! YOU ROCK!
I agree! I think it is important to be able to just share and not worry about being judged by people who don't understand what we are going through!

As for the program being costly, my husband and I would easily spend 3 TIMES that amound on junk food, restaurants, fast food a week, before I began the plan. Now we eat a healthy balanced diet, with minimal if ever eating out (my hubby and son still like Subway and Mickey D's) and their own consumption of junk food has gone waaay down too! The health benefits definitely outweigh the costs!

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 02-07-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #243  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Whoot Whooo!!!!

Good morning....
I am so excited, I have been struggling to get into the 150s and the scale was finially good to me this morning. I should clarify by struggling I mean cheating or not following so strictly this last little while, so that was the butt kick I needed to get me back on track! I have a question, when you set mini goals for yourself do you put dates to them? Just in general I mean, I set very specific dates and I am wondering as I get close to the date if I am not stressing out about it too much???
I cant remember who was talking about Bio Oil, I swear by it, I gained over 60 lbs with my son (!@$&) the one thing I did right was use that stuff every single day and I have no pregnancy stretchmarks, it has also helped with my other stretchmarks that I already had from previous weight gains and losses as well.
Have a great day!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 346/315/195

Height: 6'1"

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share another one of my NSV! Before I started IP, I went Boxing Day shopping and bought myself 2 new bras that were sized 46DDD. I noticed last week that i was doing these bras up on the tightest setting and they were riding up in the back. I decided that I should go get a new one because I hate feeling like I am "swinging low". I went to the store to discover that I am now a 42DD. I knew that I was getting smaller but I had no idea how much my body has changed in just under 3 weeks. This is incredible! It sure helps me stick to the plan!!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #245  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default StAlbertPrincess

I wanted to share another one of my NSV! Before I started IP, I went Boxing Day shopping and bought myself 2 new bras that were sized 46DDD. I noticed last week that i was doing these bras up on the tightest setting and they were riding up in the back. I decided that I should go get a new one because I hate feeling like I am "swinging low". I went to the store to discover that I am now a 42DD. I knew that I was getting smaller but I had no idea how much my body has changed in just under 3 weeks. This is incredible! It sure helps me stick to the plan!![/QUOTE]

Congratulations! You are doing great! IP helps to melt the inches away.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlbertPrincess View Post
Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share another one of my NSV! Before I started IP, I went Boxing Day shopping and bought myself 2 new bras that were sized 46DDD. I noticed last week that i was doing these bras up on the tightest setting and they were riding up in the back. I decided that I should go get a new one because I hate feeling like I am "swinging low". I went to the store to discover that I am now a 42DD. I knew that I was getting smaller but I had no idea how much my body has changed in just under 3 weeks. This is incredible! It sure helps me stick to the plan!!
HOORAY St. Albert Princess!! You're awesome See you tomorrow for our weigh in!!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #247  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

So, I had a tiny bit of a downer today. We leave a week from today (yay!) to go to Las Vegas, and I am starting to think about what to pack. Since we'll be out and about on the town most nights, the last thing I want is to be wearing my frumpy "fat" clothes. Well, I only have one pair of jeans right now that I can wear, and they've become too big on me. While this is very exciting, it's also frustrating because I look sloppy and just downright terrible. But, because I've only lost a few inches in my hips and thighs at this point, I can't fit into the stockpile of jeans in my closet (though I'm getting closer). So I went shopping today, and I had the same problem with the clothes I was trying on. I refuse to go up a size, because I know that the inches will definitely come off and I'll fit in smaller clothes soon(ish). Even though I feel and look thinner, and I've lost a lot of inches in my waist and chest, I would really like the weight loss to reflect more in my clothes, especially my pants. We've been looking forward to this vacation for a while, and I really just want to feel comfortable and good in what I'm wearing, and it's frustrating that I'm not at that point yet. Nevertheless, I'm still completely dedicated to the diet, and I'm really proud of the progress that I have made. I know that the weight will continue to come off, and I will get there someday... I just wish it could be today
Old 02-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 191.5/170/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I've been really nauseus (sp?) today and spent a lot of time in the bathroom - wonder if it's the diet, something I ate (crab yesterday), or the fule...just sick stomach...no feaver or aches.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Default Great News!!

I was checking out the Ideal Protein website and decided to watch and listen to all the media bits they have and actually found a center in the town I work...WOOHOO! If I can get this started, I could go there on my lunch break!

I was wondering, for those who are weight lifting, do the results appear to be faster? Also, last week when I was looking through some old posts, I did see where people are finding websites to order the IP stuff at less cost. Would any of you mind sharing those again so I can do some estimating of costs? Thank you!!

Oh, and for some of you who have been posting between sizes on jeans, you might try out the brand Apple Bottoms. The sizes seem to run more in between than any others I have found and they have a bit of stretch without being "stretch" pants. They can be a tad expensive so I buy mine online and save a ton. To find my correct size, I go to a local store and try them on, then I know what size to order.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #250  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
So, I had a tiny bit of a downer today. We leave a week from today (yay!) to go to Las Vegas, and I am starting to think about what to pack. Since we'll be out and about on the town most nights, the last thing I want is to be wearing my frumpy "fat" clothes. Well, I only have one pair of jeans right now that I can wear, and they've become too big on me. While this is very exciting, it's also frustrating because I look sloppy and just downright terrible. But, because I've only lost a few inches in my hips and thighs at this point, I can't fit into the stockpile of jeans in my closet (though I'm getting closer). So I went shopping today, and I had the same problem with the clothes I was trying on. I refuse to go up a size, because I know that the inches will definitely come off and I'll fit in smaller clothes soon(ish). Even though I feel and look thinner, and I've lost a lot of inches in my waist and chest, I would really like the weight loss to reflect more in my clothes, especially my pants. We've been looking forward to this vacation for a while, and I really just want to feel comfortable and good in what I'm wearing, and it's frustrating that I'm not at that point yet. Nevertheless, I'm still completely dedicated to the diet, and I'm really proud of the progress that I have made. I know that the weight will continue to come off, and I will get there someday... I just wish it could be today
I"m pickin' up what your layin' down girl.
Your in New York so I assume you have Macy's? I found that the Bandolino jeans that stretch are the greatest. I currently have two sizes that I can go between so they last for about 20lbs. When they're on sale they run about $30.00 or less. Or another option for half that is KMart Rider's by Lee Jeans. Again they stretch and the complements make it all worth the 15-20 bucks. Just some thoughts.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #251  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, toomanycats, I am hypothyroid and have been on medication for 24 years (I'm 52 now). You're supposed to avoid cruciferous veggies and too much soy. According to Wikipedia, "ideally, you should avoid or limit the following foods: brussel sprouts, rutabagas, turnips, radishes, cauliflower, potatoes, corn, millet, cabbage, peaches, pears, strawberries, mustard greens, spinach, rasishes, African cassava, and kale....But if you cook them and eat them in small portions, you should be fine." Check out Wikipedia looking under hypothyroidism and cruciferous vegetables.
Yes, ironically I just read all that on another web site after I posted. I've been hypo for years too and thought I had read it all.....today finding out about strawberries and other fruit was an eye opener though. But that is also why I was worried about IP. Most books/sites say to stay away from soy products....which there are a lot of in the IP line-up. So I am hoping that someone's coach can shed some light on what Dr. Chanh says about it...or whether it should be modified in some way.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Do you have any second-hand or consignment stores in your area? My friends and I get lots of nice things dirt cheap at a few of the local ones here. Then we don't have to feel bad that we'll only be in them for a little while before getting too thin to wear them.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #253  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Jeans

Quote:
If the second-hand option doesnt gross you out - I would love to share/give away things that no longer fit me. I know my IP coach - has a rack...but this forum feels even closer to me and I would love to share. I have a friend that encouraged me when things get too big...get rid of them so I am NOT tempted to get lazy on the IP plan. If anyone is interested...send me a note.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #254  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Well, I must start by saying, I have never done any of this forum, thread, posting and sticky stuff, however, I am looking forward to figuring it all out.

So, I ran across Ideal Protein by finding the 3FC website. I have been quite intrigued by everything I have read so far, which is not a lot. I have been so excited I had to post and say I am amazed and inspired by so many of you and your stories!!

I am 32 and a mother of two. I have been married for 12 years next week. I go to a fitness center and meet with a personal trainer twice a week, doing weight lifting and cardio. I have done this for six months now and although my husband sees results, I don't. I have been discouraged by my body fat percentages and I have GOT to find a good nutrition plan or all my efforts at the gym are in vain. I am already locked in to a contract with my fitness center as well as the training agency, and as such, I am a little worried about the cost of this plan. I would love to hear advice from any of you on ways you have made this more affordable. I have only found one place in my area that offers IP and don't know how to find others. The place I did find is only open M-F until 4:00 and that conflicts with my work schedule. I am highly comitted to making a change as I would like to learn and model better nutrition as I fear this will carry over to my children. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
Dear Motiv8edmama,

Tomorrow will be my first day on the program. I did take the time to read thru all of the past posts (very helpful) and found that I could go to the ideal to go website, as well as the lindora website. There is not a convenient location for me either, so I will be doing this solo. Well, almost solo...I log in here every day to keep up on things...I always read something helpful and feel I can ask any question.

Good luck!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #255  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Toomanycats, Bevs and Wagnomore -- Thank you for the ideas. We actually have a really great secondhand shop in my area that's geared toward more trendy clothes, and it's not at all sketchy. I'll try there later this week. I'm hoping that after weigh-in on Wednesday I'll have lost a little more inch-wise, and my shopping trip this Friday will be more successful.

On another note, I am SO PROUD of my boyfriend and I! We were originally going to host his brother and his wife, who had been been on IP for the last two weeks, for Superbowl. Then, his brother called us last night and said they were going off the diet. Long story short, she decided to come off for some medically complicated reasons and he decided he didn't want to bother if she wasn't going to be on the diet. He hasn't really been in the right mentality since the beginning; he told us he just wanted to get back down to a weight where he could start exercising a lot so he could go back to eating pizza and wings and fast food and "keep it off" by exercising. So, neither of us was very surprised that he threw in the towel.

So, anyway, tonight we went to my boyfriend's parents house where everyone else was eating buffalo dip, wings, pizza, taco dip, etc. His mom made steak and lobster and we brought a salad. We ate perfectly on plan (though I think I ate a little too much protein, but better that than snacks!) My boyfriend and I came home at halftime and all we could talk about in the car was how we weren't even TEMPTED by the other food. Sure, we would have loved to taste the dip or eaten pizza, but we've put in SO MUCH at this point; money, time and effort. It's not worth it to us at this point to go off plan (except for our ONE cheat day in Vegas... hey, he'll only turn 30 once, and we'll be on vacation!). Anyway, I'm just really proud of both of us for having the willpower and dedication to really stick to the diet and make it work. And I'm proud of all of you for doing the same... keep up the great work everyone!
Closed Thread