Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #226  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Height: 5'5"

Wagnomore - Try a nice cup of herbal tea. Black cherry is very good. That really helps me when I need something and everyone is eating around me.

Lost two and half more pounds this week. And a few inches here and there.

I had a IP vanilla pudding with cinnamon sprinkled on it for the first time today. It was so good.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Default Question

I'm at the end of week two and I'm now finding it hard to even get 3 packages into me a day....I'm just not hungry. I'm drinking so much water, have a few cups of black tea and/or coffee and my salads and vegetables and I just don't seem to need that 3rd package. Is this not good?

I'm feeling so good and energetic. Even my skin feels great and my complexion is better than its been in 20 years.

I've dug out the old treadmill and for the first time ever I'm not getting tired on it. The IP diet is working for me....even if I don't match the 7lbs I lost in the first week when I go Monday for my weigh in....I'm happy with how things are progressing for sure :-)
Old 02-06-2010, 11:22 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hi Swilk, I'm in Canada and a box of 7 pkgs is $27Cdn (almost 29 with taxes). I'm not ordering from the U.S. So 21 packages cost me $94 roughly. For me to get through a week and have a variety of things to eat, I'd initially have to fork out quite a bit of money....I just can't eat the same thing over and over, everyday. I like to mix things up alot and this diet is only working for me because I'm doing that. For me to have 10 different things to choose from, I have to spend up front close to $300 if buying by the box and of course things like spaghetti and stew can only be eaten once a week. I know what you mean that in the long run you are spending the same amount of money but if you don't have that money to put out to get started (and want a variety) then you are really going to struggle and I think this is what would discourage most newbies. Just my opinion of course.

I can also relate to what you say about your emotions and your boyfriend not really understanding or appreciating what this all means to you. I have the support of my husband and kids (they are 22 & 25) but I've failed at my attempts in the past and although this time I'm in a better place and feel good that this time things are going to be different...I'm always afraid I will fail and not only let my self down but have to admit failure again to my friends and family. There are so many other things that go on in my head but I'm focusing mostly on building my own self esteem, which is something I can't and don't expect to get from anyone else. This is a gift to myself and I take pleasure in patting myself on the back as often as needed if that's what it takes to get me to my goal and beyond!!

xox

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-06-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #229  
Simplymar

Height: 5ft 4

Week 15 and down 1.6lbs for a total of 57.4 It's slowed down a bit but my stomach and abdomen have been out of sorts all week. Hoping that clears up soon.
Went back to the gym last week but took it real easy on the treadmill. I'm going to try and ramp up the cardio a bit to see if that shakes things up a bit.

I tried to cut out the restricted item but lasted 1 day. I don't know how you ladies do it without eating that yummy item every day. It's my favorite meal.

I get a different story from my counselor here who says that eating the restricted item shouldn't effect my weight loss. But from reading everyone's posts on here it does seem to matter.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #230  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
just had to share a major kitchen disaster that happened to me yesterday morning...
Had a few minutes to spare before leaving for work and thought I would make some jello really quick so it would be ready for supper/snack time. Prepared as instructed, gave it 3 shakes in the shaker and KABOOM!!! The freakin lid blew off! Yes, you guessed it, it sent hot streaming jello everywhere!!!! All my husand heard was OH MY GOD over and over again (and a few more blue profanities that I can't really repeat!) It was literally everywhere. All over me (and my brand new white blouse) ceiling, floor, cupboards, counters, blinds and kitchen fan, not to mention all my kitchen appliances and knick knacks that are in my kitchen! It actually went in a 4 feet radius - everywhere! It took me 45 minutes to clean up - which was getting harder and harder as the jello started to get firm! Ahhhhhh!
Have to say though, as my initial reaction was disbelief and then anger, I simply had to laugh in the end at the craziness of the whole situation! What a way to start the day!
I will admit that happened to me as well. My daughter was making the jello and started to shake the shaker and within a few shakes....Pow...everywhere from my eye lashes to the ceiling fan....I just looked at the shocked look on my daughters face and laughed. It normally would have pissed me off but her face was priceless...A memory forever!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:24 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Default Just Getting Started

Well, I must start by saying, I have never done any of this forum, thread, posting and sticky stuff, however, I am looking forward to figuring it all out.

So, I ran across Ideal Protein by finding the 3FC website. I have been quite intrigued by everything I have read so far, which is not a lot. I have been so excited I had to post and say I am amazed and inspired by so many of you and your stories!!

I am 32 and a mother of two. I have been married for 12 years next week. I go to a fitness center and meet with a personal trainer twice a week, doing weight lifting and cardio. I have done this for six months now and although my husband sees results, I don't. I have been discouraged by my body fat percentages and I have GOT to find a good nutrition plan or all my efforts at the gym are in vain. I am already locked in to a contract with my fitness center as well as the training agency, and as such, I am a little worried about the cost of this plan. I would love to hear advice from any of you on ways you have made this more affordable. I have only found one place in my area that offers IP and don't know how to find others. The place I did find is only open M-F until 4:00 and that conflicts with my work schedule. I am highly comitted to making a change as I would like to learn and model better nutrition as I fear this will carry over to my children. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Well, I must start by saying, I have never done any of this forum, thread, posting and sticky stuff, however, I am looking forward to figuring it all out.

So, I ran across Ideal Protein by finding the 3FC website. I have been quite intrigued by everything I have read so far, which is not a lot. I have been so excited I had to post and say I am amazed and inspired by so many of you and your stories!!

I am 32 and a mother of two. I have been married for 12 years next week. I go to a fitness center and meet with a personal trainer twice a week, doing weight lifting and cardio. I have done this for six months now and although my husband sees results, I don't. I have been discouraged by my body fat percentages and I have GOT to find a good nutrition plan or all my efforts at the gym are in vain. I am already locked in to a contract with my fitness center as well as the training agency, and as such, I am a little worried about the cost of this plan. I would love to hear advice from any of you on ways you have made this more affordable. I have only found one place in my area that offers IP and don't know how to find others. The place I did find is only open M-F until 4:00 and that conflicts with my work schedule. I am highly comitted to making a change as I would like to learn and model better nutrition as I fear this will carry over to my children. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
Hi, motiv8edmama, to find local distributors of Ideal Protein, contact them directly at one of the following numbers:

Phone: 819.772.4447
Toll-free: 1 866.314.4447
Fax: 819.772.0416

I have only been doing this myself since Jan 5, but having lost 18 pounds since then, I can say that it is the most successful diet I have been on in years. Yes, 21 boxes per week cost me $81.06. Shipping is free if it is shipped to the clinic I go to. They have a minimum order policy of 6 boxes per order, so I have a diet buddy and we order together the 6 boxes and split some boxes between us. The two of us also just placed a big order with Lindora to save some money. Their boxes cost half as much so even with shipping (about $8 for our $200 order) we will be saving a lot. It's probably not approved by our clinic, but we tried to order nutritionally comparable items. We'll see if it works. Good luck with your weight loss efforts. By the way, I was told to exercise minimally while doing the diet. But you have already been doing a lot of exercise, so it might be different for you. A lot of others on this forum seem to do just fine with the exercise.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #233  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
You can buy hydrolyzed collagen at vitamin stores. That will help with elasticity...same thing that is in the jello.
lol! Thanks for all the tips on the products. I am kind of strapped for extra cash what with the cost of this program so will probably look into the items that are most money friendly at this time!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #234  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
I will admit that happened to me as well. My daughter was making the jello and started to shake the shaker and within a few shakes....Pow...everywhere from my eye lashes to the ceiling fan....I just looked at the shocked look on my daughters face and laughed. It normally would have pissed me off but her face was priceless...A memory forever!!!!!!
lol! Man oh man! I can actually imagine the look on her face - cause I'm sure I had it on my own! Shock, disbelief and more shock! lol! That jello is sure sticky stuff! Even though I washed my face after the explosion, I had sticky eyebrows all day! lol!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #235  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
OH WOW!! I had a mini explosion happen to me once. When It dried I did clean up using a mixture of white vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle with a bristle brush and rags. It was work but it did come clean!
Thanks for the tip! I used some vinegar and hot water and was able to scrub away the last remants of jello that I missed the first and second time around! Worked like a charm!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #236  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default Hypothyroid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Private messages, where possible, might be best. I am sure you don't want to seem exclusionary or cliquish in your efforts to keep all the "oldies" hanging together.

Personally I am VERY GRATEFUL to all the "oldies" who have stuck with the thread to share there experiences of sticking with IP, the results, the issues, and the nonscale victories with all of us new to the thread or new to the program and thread in general. EACH Of you is a great support, inspiration and remind of what is possible by "sticking with it"!
Showgirlaz - A long while back you posted something about being sub-hypothyroid or something close to that. Can you share more? I Have hashimoto's so this diet went against some of the recommendations I had read, but I lost 20 lbs so easily (initially) that I figured it was o.k. to do. I know you mentioned something in relation to the types of vegies, etc. Can you elaborate?
Thanks,
Lisa
Old 02-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #237  
Kris M

Ahhhhhh - getting a tad frustrated here!
The scale (which has been stuck on one number for the past week) actually states that I gained a lb! What the heck is up with that????? I am getting in my salt and oil, not eating any restricted items, am eating all my veggies and lettuce, drinking all my water and have not had a single cheat - ever! How can I possibly GAIN a pound????
Old 02-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #238  

Default Re: COST and more

There has been some talk about cost lately and I thought I'd share mine: $4-$5 per package or $27-$29 per box depending on the item. The premade drinks I think are the only ones that are $5/$29. Because I only get paid once a month it works for me to place an order once and then I have a variety to choose from. If I find that I am wanting something that I don't have I always have the option of buying more at my next weigh-in. My coach sells the vitamins for around $22 a bottle and so my monthly costs are roughly $390 or just shy of $100 a week. Adding in what I spend on meat and veggies I would guess that I my weekly food budget is about $150 total (including IP). Now, I don't have to do any additional grocery shopping since it is just me, and I know it makes a huge difference for a family budget. If I think about the number of times I was eating out each week and all the junk food I was buying, I think the cost of this protocol is worth it, not to mention the fact that I have lost 35lbs in two months.

As you can see I have a lot of weight to lose (ticker) and I believe that I am in this for the long haul. I haven't had any big slips since the week of Christmas to New Years, but I have made some choices slightly away from program. For example, I went out to dinner with friends and chose a BBQ chicken salad--hold the BBQ sauce, use grilled chicken, pico de gallo (sp?), lettuce, cabbage, carrots (chose to not pick them out), and chipolte(sp?) dressing. The salad was very good and a better choice than I would have made in the past, but not exactly 100% on plan. It's the little things though that have to be worked out in order to make it work for you. I am currently wanting to go on some kind of mini-vacation (school always gets to me about this time of year, not to mention the lack of sunshine here in the Pacific Northwest), but I fear the challenge of being away from home and trying to make this work as well as it has. I know I have to get over this fear as I can not avoid it forever, but for now weight loss is the priority. Maybe I'll plan a day to go to Portland or Seattle and just hang out , but I would like to be at 300lbs first as this is the point I have set for myself at which I can buy some new clothes.

Ok, sorry for the rambling, but I was in a sharing mood today.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #239  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
There has been some talk about cost lately and I thought I'd share mine: $4-$5 per package or $27-$29 per box depending on the item. The premade drinks I think are the only ones that are $5/$29. Because I only get paid once a month it works for me to place an order once and then I have a variety to choose from. If I find that I am wanting something that I don't have I always have the option of buying more at my next weigh-in. My coach sells the vitamins for around $22 a bottle and so my monthly costs are roughly $390 or just shy of $100 a week. Adding in what I spend on meat and veggies I would guess that I my weekly food budget is about $150 total (including IP). Now, I don't have to do any additional grocery shopping since it is just me, and I know it makes a huge difference for a family budget. If I think about the number of times I was eating out each week and all the junk food I was buying, I think the cost of this protocol is worth it, not to mention the fact that I have lost 35lbs in two months.

As you can see I have a lot of weight to lose (ticker) and I believe that I am in this for the long haul. I haven't had any big slips since the week of Christmas to New Years, but I have made some choices slightly away from program. For example, I went out to dinner with friends and chose a BBQ chicken salad--hold the BBQ sauce, use grilled chicken, pico de gallo (sp?), lettuce, cabbage, carrots (chose to not pick them out), and chipolte(sp?) dressing. The salad was very good and a better choice than I would have made in the past, but not exactly 100% on plan. It's the little things though that have to be worked out in order to make it work for you. I am currently wanting to go on some kind of mini-vacation (school always gets to me about this time of year, not to mention the lack of sunshine here in the Pacific Northwest), but I fear the challenge of being away from home and trying to make this work as well as it has. I know I have to get over this fear as I can not avoid it forever, but for now weight loss is the priority. Maybe I'll plan a day to go to Portland or Seattle and just hang out , but I would like to be at 300lbs first as this is the point I have set for myself at which I can buy some new clothes.

Ok, sorry for the rambling, but I was in a sharing mood today.
want2run:
you are doing AWESOME!! Don't apologize one bit!! I hardly think you rambled. It was very insightful. I agree with the cost. It is not that bad considering what you don't buy. And as others have said...the more you stick with it and don't cheat, the sooner the cost goes down!
KEEP IT UP GIRL! YOU ROCK!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #240  

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
want2run:
you are doing AWESOME!! Don't apologize one bit!! I hardly think you rambled. It was very insightful. I agree with the cost. It is not that bad considering what you don't buy. And as others have said...the more you stick with it and don't cheat, the sooner the cost goes down!
KEEP IT UP GIRL! YOU ROCK!
thanks toomanycats!!
Closed Thread