Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #271  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I hate to start all of this with a negative note BUT I am starting this diet this week (well going to the nutritionist on weds) and I KNOW that I will be cheating at the end of 2 weeks (going to mexico). Is it still worth it to start now or should I just come back from trip and then start? dumb question, isn't it?
Welcome to 3FC! There is never a dumb question!!!! I would discuss this option with your coach and see what they recommend. In my opinion, it is easy to eat on plan while out at restaurants and friends etc. You just have to plan ahead. On the other hand, if you are planning on enjoying a few drinks and non-IP foods while on vacation, then you might want to wait. Really need to do what is right for you and how that will fit into your life on your vacay. Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 02-08-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Fluff, Today is also the start of my third week and have the exact same feelings as you do. I feel good so regardless of the results today I'm taking it one day at a time.

Keep us posted and have a great day!!
Trish
Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Good morning everyone....I was about to start out doing my research on the Lindora products and how they compare with the Ideal Protein paks....many of which I really enjoy. Then I thought, someone on 3FC has surely done this and hopefully I can get some input from all of you who may have!! Are the products similar in nutritional value and do they taste as good? Instead of re-inventing the wheel on the get-go I thought I'd check this great forum first. $13.50 US a pack is a much better deal than $29 Cdn per pack even if you add in the shipping...whch I'm going to call today to find out how much they charge to ship to Ontario Canada.
Thanks and have a great week!
Trish

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-08-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
well, tomorrow is my weigh in, and I'll be starting my third week. I am nervous, anxious, and hopeful all at the same time! I'll let you know what I find out!!
I'm sure you will do great!! Good luck!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #275  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

We went to a party for the game last night. I volunteered to bring vegetables. I was excited they had shrimp and roast beef for sandwiches. (And tons of other junk!) But I ate just the vegetables, shrimp and some roast beef. I was so satisfied.
I have learned from doing this that I am such a social eater. If someone is eating, I feel like I need to eat too. So when I felt like doing that last night, I just took another piece of celery or shrimp.
Another thing I have learned is that planning ahead is so helpful. The kids and I are often on the run, (I homeschool our 4 children) if I plan ahead, it makes it so much easier to stay on the plan. Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. This blog has really given me so many ideas.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

I didn't go online this weekend and boy did I miss a lot!! Looks like everyone is having some great NSV's. Congrats to all and have a great (and hopefully fast lol) Monday!!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
Toomanycats, Bevs and Wagnomore -- Thank you for the ideas. We actually have a really great secondhand shop in my area that's geared toward more trendy clothes, and it's not at all sketchy. I'll try there later this week. I'm hoping that after weigh-in on Wednesday I'll have lost a little more inch-wise, and my shopping trip this Friday will be more successful.

On another note, I am SO PROUD of my boyfriend and I! We were originally going to host his brother and his wife, who had been been on IP for the last two weeks, for Superbowl. Then, his brother called us last night and said they were going off the diet. Long story short, she decided to come off for some medically complicated reasons and he decided he didn't want to bother if she wasn't going to be on the diet. He hasn't really been in the right mentality since the beginning; he told us he just wanted to get back down to a weight where he could start exercising a lot so he could go back to eating pizza and wings and fast food and "keep it off" by exercising. So, neither of us was very surprised that he threw in the towel.

So, anyway, tonight we went to my boyfriend's parents house where everyone else was eating buffalo dip, wings, pizza, taco dip, etc. His mom made steak and lobster and we brought a salad. We ate perfectly on plan (though I think I ate a little too much protein, but better that than snacks!) My boyfriend and I came home at halftime and all we could talk about in the car was how we weren't even TEMPTED by the other food. Sure, we would have loved to taste the dip or eaten pizza, but we've put in SO MUCH at this point; money, time and effort. It's not worth it to us at this point to go off plan (except for our ONE cheat day in Vegas... hey, he'll only turn 30 once, and we'll be on vacation!). Anyway, I'm just really proud of both of us for having the willpower and dedication to really stick to the diet and make it work. And I'm proud of all of you for doing the same... keep up the great work everyone!
Way to go at the Superbowl gathering! You are so lucky to have your significant other to do this with!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #278  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I hate to start all of this with a negative note BUT I am starting this diet this week (well going to the nutritionist on weds) and I KNOW that I will be cheating at the end of 2 weeks (going to mexico). Is it still worth it to start now or should I just come back from trip and then start? dumb question, isn't it?
Hi, pitakitten, if it were me, I'd wait until after Mexico. I waited until after the holidays even though I was so excited to get started and I had the quick-start box calling my name. If you know you're going to cheat in Mexico, you're probably going to gain back anything lost the first two weeks and then you're going to be really bummed.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Private messages, where possible, might be best. I am sure you don't want to seem exclusionary or cliquish in your efforts to keep all the "oldies" hanging together.

Personally I am VERY GRATEFUL to all the "oldies" who have stuck with the thread to share there experiences of sticking with IP, the results, the issues, and the nonscale victories with all of us new to the thread or new to the program and thread in general. EACH Of you is a great support, inspiration and remind of what is possible by "sticking with it"!
Boy did you read into that the wrong way Showgirlaz. What I was saying was for toomanycats and texas sweetie to hop back onto strict phase I with the rest of us who strayed. That is all. It had NOTHING to do with the alternate post thread. NOTHING at all. So perhaps private messages might also be considered by you?!! And, the alternate post thread is for people who are/were following the alternate Phase I plan, and moving onto Phase 2. We are still involved with this thread, we just didn't/don't want to bring down any Phase Iers who are new with our problems with following the diet. That's all, nothing more.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #280  

I just saved $52! I ordered 4 bottles of vitamins from Our Health Co-op, the same place my clinic gets their vitamins. The fish oil cost $7.95, the liquid calcium was $6.47 (ordered 2 of them), and the multi-vites cost $3.99. Shipping was $8.50. The clinic's price would have been $85.09, with tax. My total with Our Health Co-op was only $32.88, including shipping. The only thing I can't find cheaper is the potassium calcium, which comes directly from Ideal Protein. I'm pretty well stocked up on that though.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #281  

Great find BevS! Way cool.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #282  

Congrats to all your NSV all!! I too had a NSV for superbowl Sunday. I made all IP compliant things (some Phase 2 compliant). The baked buffalo shrimp was a hit!! And, for the phase 2 compliant things I used FF Mayo, LF Parmesian and greek yogurt (0% fat and low carb). I ate those items sparingly, didn't miss having pizza or nachos at all. Even wasn't tempted by the normal chips I had for everyone else (and that is usually super tough during my PMS time). I also found that I was full fast!!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #283  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Good morning everyone....I was about to start out doing my research on the Lindora products and how they compare with the Ideal Protein paks....many of which I really enjoy. Then I thought, someone on 3FC has surely done this and hopefully I can get some input from all of you who may have!! Are the products similar in nutritional value and do they taste as good? Instead of re-inventing the wheel on the get-go I thought I'd check this great forum first. $13.50 US a pack is a much better deal than $29 Cdn per pack even if you add in the shipping...whch I'm going to call today to find out how much they charge to ship to Ontario Canada.
Trish
Hi Skittlescda, We have done this for you. Go to the FAQ forum (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...arb-diets-227/) and you'll see toward the last page the items that seem close to IPs. We didn't include items that have aspertame in them as it was previously thought that it wasn't allowed on this diet). I'll go ahead and compile all and re-post. As torchlaker has stated, some are similar, some are not. You have to make your own choices. I've tried the chicken broth and chicken noodle soups from Lindora and love them (and they are low carb). I've also tried the chik'n in tomato sauce, the cheesy steak sandwich (something like that), and the vegetarian sloppy joe from NewLifeStyleDiet and love them. They are higher in carbs though so I treat them as a restricted item....still figuring out if they should be super restricted like the IP spaghett. Hope this helps you.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #284  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Trish
Hiya skittles, this is just my opinion and observation from being on the boards for about a month - Regarding the Lindora products - firstly Lindora doesn't ship to Canada as far as I know, and Torchlaker is having some problems getting back into ketosis using the lindora products because they have sugar in them... so you might want to give it some thought before ordering other types of non-IP products because while you might save in the short term you'll end up on the diet for much longer which might cost you more in the end?
Old 02-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #285  

Hey everyone - congrats on all the NSV's this weekend. It really sounds like planning ahead and discussing everything out before hand really helps in the end!

To all those weighing in in the next couple days - good luck, I hope the skinny fairy came to visit this week! I'm weighing in tonight and I'm hoping for another 4 lbs, because who doesn't want to lose 20lbs in three weeks lol.

Have a great week everyone!
Closed Thread