Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Golfmom sounds like you are drinking enough water. I am still struggling to get 64oz. Are you using the sea salt and taking all of the supplements?.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Okay, okay, I know that "neither rain nor sleet nor snow" thing, LOL, but my mom used to work for UPS and this weather didn't stop them. ???
Hey, my Lindora came this afternoon. The problem wasn't with UPS. It was with the individual towns and cities that hadn't plowed the streets. The trucks just couldn't get through the neighborhood housing areas.

Now I'm feeling guilty because of ordering the cheaper food. I feel like I'm betraying my coach. Her dad owns the clinic I weigh in at. Somebody tell me why I should or shouldn't feel guilty.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

Just got some WF products? What is everyone opinion on the peanut butter? Sometime i crave that and hope it helps with that craving..
Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #409  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLMIKE View Post
Just got some WF products? What is everyone opinion on the peanut butter? Sometime i crave that and hope it helps with that craving..
I've never tried it, I'm a bit scared of it!! You'll have to tell us what you think.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Can someone tell me what WP products are? Tks
Old 02-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Can someone tell me what WP products are? Tks
Walden Farms. Its a zero carb, cal, fat product that can be used on the diet.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Default I'm going in!

Hi everyone!

It's such a delight to find a forum where the Ideal Protein diet is discussed.

My sister-in-law did it last year and lost a ton of weight very fast. Being a vegetarian, I find it really hard to do. However, I have tried it for 2 or 3 weeks at a time (as long as I can stand it), and found that it worked. Now, is the beginning of one of those sessions.

Got a question for ya. What's the deal with onions? We can only have them raw, not cooked. Why is that?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #413  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Ogdog-
Boy is it snowing now!!! I love it.
Our sweet neighbors all have snowplows and they always dig us out. What they don't do, our teenage son finishes. He is very grateful to them.
My coach is in South Dakota. She charges me $28 a box. I have found the salt and oil other places, so I don't order those from her any more. She just sends the box priority mail, and charges me whatever the going rate is for it. It is working well this way. My sister, and husband are both so encouraging. I am ok with not meeting with her face to face.
I wanted to cheat so bad on my birthday, so I called her. She talked me out of it. I know I can always reach her if I need to.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #414  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
So, weigh-in was up .4#--not significant but frustrating none-the-less. I drink between 96-128oz. of water a day, have my three packets, 5 oz lean protein, and veggies including lettuce. I have decided that this week I will be super diligent about everything.

Thanks everyone for the responses and continued support. I have always had my cycle like clock work (only skipped twice in my life and was due to extreme stress). Do think things would be changing now even though I have been on the program for 10 weeks?? Anyway, I will not let one week throw me off this train I am on. I am committed to find success and as we say at school--I Believe All (Kids) Are Capable of Success, NO EXCEPTIONS!! So, here I go, it is a new week to the new and improved me.

Glad to hear you are going to keep moving forward! Just that you had a successful week staying to the program deserves a big WOO HOO!!

I learned that my body rapidly fluctuates weight during the day. Every morning I am significantly less than mid afternoon or late evening. For that reason, I have tried to stick to a weigh in time within about a 2hr window. It may be similar for you. Did you weigh in this day at a significantly different time than before?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #415  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Hi everyone!

My sister-in-law did it last year and lost a ton of weight very fast. Being a vegetarian, I find it really hard to do. However, I have tried it for 2 or 3 weeks at a time (as long as I can stand it), and found that it worked. Now, is the beginning of one of those sessions.

Got a question for ya. What's the deal with onions? We can only have them raw, not cooked. Why is that?
When the onion breaks down during cooking the sugars are released and "kind of" saturate or intenisify. Also, the fiber level breaks down. It is the fiber that helps to mitigate the sugar impact. More fiber with sugar means less insulin demanded initially to break it down.

Glad to have you join the forum! What is your perspective on what makes this most challenging for a vegetarian? Are you a strict vegetarian, ovo-lacto, pescatarian, or another variant?

Thanks!

Carla
Old 02-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #416  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Hi everyone!

Welcome to the forum!! I've found it very informative

According to my coach, when you cook the onions it releases their sugars and increases the carb count
Old 02-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #417  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
Do you think it will slow my weight loss top eat four? She is telling me to do this throughout phase 1.
Hi! Welcome to the board!

Alot of coach's take into consideration your body size/structure, work and physical activity, any health conditions you may have and what kinds of goals you have set. Once they review all the details they recommend what they think will help you have a steady loss with the most control and least hunger or cravings. Probably you should discuss with her the logic but, I don't think it will slow you down too much. Initially there is such a great calorie reduction that you will see a change even if you add the extra packet. If you slow down you can always see about removing the extra packet from your program.

I know several people doing this plan who have different life circumstances where they need more food. Examples:

2 men 6'5 tall with greater calorie needs
1 women 6'2 same situation
a few people with diabetes
a women who works in construction and is VERY physically active
A waitress who is running around and standing for 8 hrs at a time
A daycare worker .. also running and lifting alot.

Each of these people were given slightly different food allotments to keep them functional and not burning there own muscle while on the program.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #418  

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
Showgirlaz thanks for the reply. It is interesting that spinach is included in the no-no list. (or strawberries even). I ate spinach in most every salad, and sometimes instead of and did great. I guess we just have to listen to our own bodies. My hypo is the autoimmune kind, wonder if that is somehow different (just talking out loud here, not a question) My numbers have always been in the normal range but when the endo ran the antibody test I was sky high and of course have had a goiter for years.

But right now I am having gut issues and am temporarily off IP until I get to the gastro's office this Thursday. Hope he has some answers and I will be curious if he has an opinion on this diet after I tell him about it.
I am so sorry you are having GI problems. I truly hope your doctor can help you! I agree!! COMPLETELY! We really do need to listen to our own bodies for how we respond to certain food. I keep a food journal just for those reasons.

You asked a few pages back how this program was effecting me. I met with my doctor today and..... Although I am still on the lower end of the thyroid scale my hypothyroid results were GONE!! She wants to retest me in a few weeks to make certain it isn't an anomally but she said all of the numbers had changed and not just one so she was very pleased. That said, I wouldn't say this cures hypothyroidism or subhypothyroidsism (my case) but, it has made me appear a little healthier in my lab work. Only time will tell about the rest!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #419  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hi Birman, That brings me to another question, why is it ok to have green bell peppers "cooked" however any other coloured pepper "cooked" is limited to "occasional" only once per week? I thought they all started as green peppers lol.

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-10-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Mystical Mama: Awesome, girl....awesome!

BevS: I just moved to Michigan 5 years ago from Ohio. Can't figure out where Beavercreek is....altho I talked to my son in Chesterland (about 35 miles from downtown Cleveland -- my old house), and he said he was getting snow. Should I brag? Yup...I live in the upper part of lower Michigan and in the snowbelt....I have only been plowed once since I got home Jan.12...it is snowing a little bit now. BUT -- it is too funny to see everyone else going thru what we "expect" every year. (I am sure the Canadians would agree with me.....). It is so beautiful when it snows....I turn all the outside lights on....dim the lights inside or turn them off!! Very peaceful (if you don't have to drive in it!!)

Justice - My dr. actually started me out on 5 packets a day for the first week....and then I dropped down to 4...and stayed on 4 for most of Phase I. She knew it would be hard for me to go "cold turke" (cuz she keeps bugging me about the smoking..too).

OgDog...I am laughing here....my dad was a postal carrier...and he left every morning singing "Rain nor snow nor sleet of night" or something like that. I am not a morning person...I remember covering my ears so I wouldn't have to hear such a happy person!! In the a.m.!!

FTMike: I never tried the WF peanut butter...was tempted at first cuz I DO love my peanut butter. I was just so turned off by most of WF products (altho I do love their BBQ sauce and their pancake syrup)...I have a whole refrigerator full of WF products that I want to give to my first friend that goes on IP.

Birman....Welcome! I guess I never did "get" the difference between cooked and noncooked onions....so I do cook mine sometimes. Never understood the green pepper/red pepper thingy either.

Never tried IP's Cleanse. My dr. also sells Arbonne products and I tried their Cleanse. Nothing!! Stayed bound up!! Right now, I am taking Magnesia and Colace.....it helps a little.

I should go change my ticker....forgot how....(it has been SO long)...Thanks for the "instructions", Echobaby!!

The last few weeks have been so stressful....am gonna sit down around 9pm and watch my Netflix movie that I have had for 2 weeks.

Everybody stay healthy -- stick to plan -- ask any questions you like...we might have the answers (or suggestions) between all of us . Everyone that is on the alternate board is on here, too since most of us went back to Phase I for awhile. One thing I am sure all of us "oldies" would say is try not to go off IP for long (if you have to go off). We all had a heckuva time getting back on after the holidays.
Closed Thread