Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #331  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey there! I hope things have improved since you wrote this. Please be strong and keep on the program without cheating. I JUST HAD 2 weeks like that. Last week was no change in weight and had it been at another day or time my weigh in would have showed a gain.

I fought through and had a huge loss this week. Not sure how far into the program you are, I am on week 13, but it might be some part of the healing cycle. FOR ME, I found it good to increase my salt and fat a little, eat more fiber veggies, drop the broccoli and cauliflower out, and go with only the lowest carb IP foods. I also made sure my bowels were operating well. In the end, I lost 8.8 pounds!

HANG IN THERE! Don't stress too much about the 1 pound up and maybe next week will be great!
thanks for the words of encouragement! I have been searching my brain trying to think what could have derailed me like this.... have not had a single lick, sip or nibble of anything that is restricted or off limits.... then I realized that I had started taking 3 new supplements to assist in the weight loss ... grape extract, onion extract and soy isoflavones..... So am wondering if they affected my body negatively? Stopped taking them the other day and have seen the scale change oz by oz!

On the bright side: even though the scale is not moving as fast as I would like, I know that I am losing inches everywhere because I can actually see my waistline again! lol!

Slow and steady wins the race!

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 02-09-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #332  
Kris M

Quote:
I LOST 8.8 POUNDS!!! :O
Carla that is fantastic! Way to go!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 AM   #333  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya all - weighed in tonight and I'm down another 4.5 lbs!! Hooray!!
Woo Hoo! Great job! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Great Job!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
HI Everyone!! Just poppin' my lil ol' head in for a quick update and share! I know I can't remember all I read but congratulations to all on their losses and NSV success this weekend. I will try to respond individually tomorrow.

TO all Newcomers, WELCOME!!! We are so happy to see you here!

WELL.............. I had my weigh in today. After the last 2 horrible weeks I wasn't very hopeful. I had avoided the scale for the most part too and had no clue what to expect. *DRUMROLL*

I LOST 8.8 POUNDS!!! :O HOW did that happen! That was my week 12!

I ALSO LOST the following inches:
chest -1.0"
waist -1.5"
lower abs/tummy -1.0"
hips - 1.25"
upper arms - .5"
thighs - .5"
calves - .5"

That is 6.25" lost in 1 week! I am now at 187. It is the lowest I have been since late 1997. I hope to be at 180 by the end of the month! I was so excited all day after those results!

Overall, in 12 weeks, I have lost 47 pounds and 49.5 total inches. I am down 10.6 percent body fat! If I include the meager weight loss from before I started the program, I have lost 56 pound total! I have 37 pounds left to lose for my goal and 50 to lose to get to my ideal weight.

For superbowl, I did ok. I made : homemade boneless "hot wings", deviled eggs, pickles, veggie tray, shrimp, salad, and a chicken chili. We had homemade sun tea to drink. It was a success but, since it was my house and my cooking, I don't feel I accomplished as much as those of you who showed real preparation and will power going to someone else's superbowl party!

Well, going to run. It is late and I am a bit tired. I will check in again tomorrow! Carla
Awesome job on the loss!! And great choices for superbowl food, it all sounds yummy!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #336  

Feeling a little bit stressed about weigh-in today. The scale has been moving up and down between the same 1.5 lbs all week and this morning it is exactly the same as it was last week. I feel bloated and irritable and it is not PMS or TOM. I haven't made any poor choices and know that this will pass, but am feeling the frustration right now. I will check in this afternoon after weigh-in.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Feeling a little bit stressed about weigh-in today. The scale has been moving up and down between the same 1.5 lbs all week and this morning it is exactly the same as it was last week. I feel bloated and irritable and it is not PMS or TOM. I haven't made any poor choices and know that this will pass, but am feeling the frustration right now. I will check in this afternoon after weigh-in.
Drink lots of water so you pee a lot...and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #338  

Congrats On The Huge Loss Carla!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 346/315/195

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Way to go IP Buddy!! We are on our way! I can't believe I lost another 9#. 3 weeks and we are already looking great!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #340  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I can get cinnamon oil at my pharmacy.
Could you use cinnamon extract, or does it have to be oil?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #341  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
You may, indeed have TOM or PMS. Something, either the rapid fat loss or maybe the soy protien has altered the hormones in many of the ladies who post here or used to. Women who suffered hot flashes before IP had relief from symptoms, and people with periods began to have increased PMS symptoms and irregular periods(sorry Guys). Dr. Tranh addresses this VERY briefly in his book. The one with the hairdo on the cover.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #342  

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
You may, indeed have TOM or PMS. Something, either the rapid fat loss or maybe the soy protien has altered the hormones in many of the ladies who post here or used to. Women who suffered hot flashes before IP had relief from symptoms, and people with periods began to have increased PMS symptoms and irregular periods(sorry Guys). Dr. Tranh addresses this VERY briefly in his book. The one with the hairdo on the cover.
Indeed could be, I got my period a little over a week early last month. And I am NEVER early!!

(echobaby...back to that hairdo...hahahaha!)
Old 02-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #343  
Kar

S/C/G: 180/180/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I'm new! I'm going to pick up my food tonight, but I'm not starting until next week. Just wondering what people's fave/most hated products are?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #344  

I think you need cinnamon oil, I don't think the extract is as strong.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #345  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new! I'm going to pick up my food tonight, but I'm not starting until next week. Just wondering what people's fave/most hated products are?
LOVE the chocolate shakes, capaccino drink, butterscotch pudding, chili (restricted), and caramel bars (restricted). Can't stand the leek soup!!
Closed Thread