Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #511  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post

I think when I reach goal, I am gonna have a nice, long massage...and then spend the night in a hotel just for a change of scenery. Of course, I might do that for my birthday (2 weeks) - even if I am NOT at goal.
Torchlaker- you amaze me. I am super inspired by you and I wish that I could shake you and make you see how much progress you've made and what a positive thing it is. You CERTAINLY deserve a long massage and any other papmering you're willing to give yourself after all of your progress!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #512  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Wow...thanks for the ideas about wear to order bathing suits. I am just so afraid that I will have to keep returning them until we get the right size or something looks good. I was thinking of boy shorts (something to hide the loose thighs that have appeared) and a tankini top...but afraid the tankini will show my belly. Oh well. Have both sites written down and will look later. I did find one or two on newportnews.com that are decently priced...but it looks like the belly sticks out.

Yeah...I am getting close to goal. Hope I stay motivated enough...cuz I have a feeling these last 6# are gonna come off slow. Doc says she would love to have me in Phase 3 or maintenance before I leave for my trip to the Carribean in March.

Wagonomore....yuk..I just had a colonoscopy in December. I bought Phillips Milk of Magnesia...but I will look for the ones you mentioned. I have been taking Colace at night.

HopefulTricia....sweets are my downfall. I know I would have never gained the weight if I hadn't used "sweets" to "comfort me." Since I don't care much for the soups and drinks....I do use the puddings...therefore, having something sweet. I also put Walden Farms Pancake Syrup on my oatmeal (which is restricted -- but I eat it everyday).

I did roast up my own soynuts the other day....geez...what a long process. Haven't really tried them yet, cuz I haven't needed them. Doc had told me I could do that (I bounce between Phase I and Phase II).

Also made a great meatloaf...I used those soycrisps with vinegar....(put them in the blender and made them into crumbs) and used that as a filler. The smell was outstanding...and it has always been a comfort food for me.....altho after 4 days of eating mealoaf....I am tired of it.

Well, since there are no spring clothes out here.....and probably won't be before I leave for my vacation....I gotta buckle down the next few days and sew and alter, and see what I can come up with.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #513  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Question Thanks and More Q's

[QUOTE=jordanna;3148314]On average our bodies will take the extra 1200 calories or so from our stored fat, therefor we are not actually only eating 650 calories but rather about 1800 or so. It's just that only 650 are going in our mouths.

Thank you for the help- that makes sense. Do you know how I add the scale thing at the bottom of my posts?
Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #514  

S/C/G: 264/250/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Newbie

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been on IP for two weeks now and have lost 14.4 lbs. I am so excited with how quickly the weight is coming off and so far it has not been to difficult. The hardest part for me is thinking about how long it will be before I can have a piece of cheese, etc. again! I am glad to find these forums and hope I can support and inspire someone along the way. Thanks for all the great tips already!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #515  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

[QUOTE=brenda1980;3148932]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
On average our bodies will take the extra 1200 calories or so from our stored fat, therefor we are not actually only eating 650 calories but rather about 1800 or so. It's just that only 650 are going in our mouths.

Thank you for the help- that makes sense. Do you know how I add the scale thing at the bottom of my posts?
On the home page go into User CP and it says add signature on the left side. Click on that and then it will walk you through it.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #516  

[QUOTE=brenda1980;3148932]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
On average our bodies will take the extra 1200 calories or so from our stored fat, therefor we are not actually only eating 650 calories but rather about 1800 or so. It's just that only 650 are going in our mouths.

You have to meet 2 requirements to be able to put up a signature (the little ticker at the bottom). You have to have belonged to 3FC for over 20 days and have more than 25 posts (I think it's 25) once you have those two requirements you can go up to the top where it says User CP and add in a signature including a ticker!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #517  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmamatobe View Post
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been on IP for two weeks now and have lost 14.4 lbs. I am so excited with how quickly the weight is coming off and so far it has not been to difficult. The hardest part for me is thinking about how long it will be before I can have a piece of cheese, etc. again! I am glad to find these forums and hope I can support and inspire someone along the way. Thanks for all the great tips already!
Hey hotmama Congratulations on the weight loss so far!! As far as the cheese goes, I know some people on the boards will have an oz of low fat cheese here and there if they don't have coffee with skim milk everyday. Low fat dairy won't knock you out of ketosis but if you eat too much of it it will slow down your weight loss
Old 02-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #518  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Wow 14.4lbs in 2 weeks, that is incredible!! Keep it up and you will be having that cheese soon enough!!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #519  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hey everyone,
I have not been on here in a while. Things have been a little crazy for me. I have only posted here and there, but holy cow it took a long time to read all the new posts.
WELCOME all the new people. It is great that IP has really taken off. We will soon be a nation of healthy people.
I have struggled some in staying on the plan after I got home from Mexico but this week has been really good. I only lost 1lb last week so I am hoping for big numbers on Monday.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #520  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Someone was talking about the body image thing. I have been on IP since Oct 1 and right away people started telling me how slim I looked. I could not see it when I looked in the mirror but I could feel it in my clothes. It was not until a few weeks ago that I walked past the mirror and went "Holy Crow" this is what others are seeing. I am getting thin. I bought a few new pairs of jeans the day after christmas and they already don't fit anymore. I have found that I lost everywhere except my middle but it is melting away now. It takes a while for your mind to catch up to your body.
Has anyone heard from MeghanO?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #521  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new! I'm going to pick up my food tonight, but I'm not starting until next week. Just wondering what people's fave/most hated products are?
Hi Kar! My favorite is the pre-made vanilla shake. I add it to about 4 oz. of cold coffee over ice and it's just like a coffee drink that you would get at Starbucks or McDonald's. I also like the vanilla pudding, it taste's like cake batter, or you can sprinkle some cinnamon in it and shake it and it taste's like coffee cake batter. Put your water in the freezer for a bit before mixing it up so that the pudding is really cold!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #522  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hey there hotmamatobe (cute name btw), you can use soy cheese as one of you vegetables! Okay, it isn't exactly cheese, but it does help for us cheese lovers!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #523  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Showgirlaz....great weight loss! I was thinking if I could lose 8.8# I would be past goal (I lost 3# today).

So -- can I say...nah, nah...nah...nah....I had a hysterectomy 22 years ago....so no TOM...Aunt Flo ....PMS, etc. At least that is one less thing I have to worry about. (I think I am still *****y about that time of the month...altho there is no one to ***** at......come to think of it....I am like that all month!!)

I can never remember if I am hypo or hyper....I have been on synthryoid for about 8 years. Doc did run a thyroid test on me last week because my feet and hands are so cold. Circulation is good -- and thyroid came back within the normal range. Maybe I am just old.....Hard to smoke with gloves on...altho I found I CAN eat with gloves on!!

Wow - those of you in the East are really getting hammered with snow. I WOULD say nahhh..nahhh again...but it would probably come back to bite me! That snowstorm we had today was nothing for us.....It hasn't snowed here in 3 weeks...and I live in NORTHERN Michigan!! While you were all getting hit this weekend, we had beautiful, balmy sunny weather (24 degrees even!!)

So I had my weighin -- lost 3#...haven't changed my ticker yet (cuz it is 1am). Toomanycats - I really have gasto problems with IP....(what price vanitiy, huh??). Some people have NO problem with their "inerds"...and then there are those of us that do......

Echobaby -- do you think I should worry about getting pregnant? I don't remember the girls names either....but I remember the one was thrilled. (to those of you that don't know me, I am recently widowed and 62 yrs old -- and had a hysterectomy!! so the answer to Echobaby is a resounding NO!!)

Yup, today was a good day! a 3# loss AND I got to pick up my new car (and I didn't cry when I left my old one....did enough of that last night!) I think I didn't cry cuz I was trying to figure out how to put the stupid window up! Salesman covered all the high tech stuff (yeah...like I will remember it...sure!)...and didn't tell me how to work my windows. I drove nearly 26 miles before I could figure out how to do the back windshield wiper!!

Nearly forgot -- I don't like any of the drinks or soups! I love the oatmeal, the peanut vanilla bars, and vanilla and butterscotch pudding. I could get the omelet down if I added veggies.....I bought the chili this week, and thought I would put it on top of lettuce and pretend it was a taco salad.... I add DiVinci "pumpkin pie" syrup to my butterscotch puddings...tastes nearly like pumpkin pie. I add ALL different kinds of flavorings to my vanilla puddings...My counter looks like a bar or a coffee house with all these DiVinci syrups lined up!

I will get my ticker caught up when I am not so tired and braindead.
I just love your attitude! It really keeps me motivated when I feel like throwing in the towel and eating an order of french fries!
Love the idea's about the coffee syrups. The only problem is that they are kinda pricey, but if you buy one a week I guess it wouldn't be to bad!
Thanks so much for sharing, and congrats on the new car, how exciting!!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #524  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
Hi All! I am in my first week (3rd day). I feel good- I was doing Atkins for about four weeks prior, so I think my carb withdrawals were already long since done with. I am doing a drink for breakfast, 1C of veggies for a snack, 1C of veggies in my lunch soup, a drink in the afternoon, 1C veggies when I get home from work, and then my dinner of protein with veggies. I find that I need the protein more in the afternoon than I do after dinner. It is crazy to me that I am eating only about 650 calories per day and not killing myself or someone else. That is the only part that doesn't seem healthy- the calorie intake is SOOO low. Any thoughts on that?

The meals are pretty good, but I really dislike the leek soup. Also, I wondered if anyone else had issues with the leek soup making your shaker smell like leeks even after a thorough washing? Any soup suggestions for my next week? I'll be choking down leek soup the rest of the week. Blech.
The chicken soup is pretty good, especially if you use a little more water than the instructions say. I always add garlic and onion powder and pepper. This can be made even better by adding chopped broccoli. I never used a shaker. I have one of those little battery operated hand whisks and just mix it in a bowl. The only thing, though, is you must immediately put the whisk part into water to soak(you know how hard it is to get the IP product off of anything it touches. Good luck and congrats.

For whoever posted asking about the veggie patties:
They are 8 carbs each, and would be OK for a day when you aren't eating restricteds.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #525  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
AHHHH Okay now I know why it wasn't working.....apparently you have to meet TWO requirements before using the signature option. First you must have posted at least 25 posts and second you have to wait 20 days!!

So I was doing it right and I have enough posts but I have not been a member 20 days yet lol.....OOPS

Thanks so much echobaby and jordanna for helping me out....I guess I was doing everything correctly but the option to insert a signature was not available to me....hense why I couldn't find it.

Thanks again.
I was having the same problem! I thought I was nuts because I was doing it right, but nothing would paste!! thanks for the info!
Closed Thread