Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #346  

Welcome to this wonderful plan! It works well if you stick with it. Most coaches will let you exchange stuff you don't like.

List of likes
premade vanilla drinks
butterscotch pudding
jello
pina colada drink
cappucino
chili
peanut bars
cookies and creme bars

disklikes
soup (I think it is the smell but my husband likes them)
banana and lemon pudding
Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #347  
Angie

S/C/G: 174/174/140

Can anyone tell me where I get the weight slider that most of you have on you profile?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #348  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run
Feeling a little bit stressed about weigh-in today. The scale has been moving up and down between the same 1.5 lbs all week and this morning it is exactly the same as it was last week. I feel bloated and irritable and it is not PMS or TOM. I haven't made any poor choices and know that this will pass, but am feeling the frustration right now. I will check in this afternoon after weigh-in.

[I]You may, indeed have TOM or PMS. Something, either the rapid fat loss or maybe the soy protien has altered the hormones in many of the ladies who post here or used to. Women who suffered hot flashes before IP had relief from symptoms, and people with periods began to have increased PMS symptoms and irregular periods(sorry Guys). Dr. Tranh addresses this VERY briefly in his book. The one with the hairdo on the cover.
[/I]

Oh, I forgot to add this MOST important bit for you Newbies..If you don't plan on getting pregnant in the near future, be extra careful while on this diet. You may (again, sorry Guys) ovulate more than once a month, or skip a month. If you go back on the posts to November or December, there was a woman who started the diet at the advice of her Dr. TO GET PREGNANT. She had been trying for 2 years and within 6 weeks of getting on IP, she was preggers. And I think she was the 2nd person posting that this happened to. So take extra precautions.any of you Oldsters remember that woman? She was So happy!

Last edited by echobaby; 02-09-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run
Feeling a little bit stressed about weigh-in today. The scale has been moving up and down between the same 1.5 lbs all week and this morning it is exactly the same as it was last week. I feel bloated and irritable and it is not PMS or TOM. I haven't made any poor choices and know that this will pass, but am feeling the frustration right now. I will check in this afternoon after weigh-in.

[I]You may, indeed have TOM or PMS. Something, either the rapid fat loss or maybe the soy protien has altered the hormones in many of the ladies who post here or used to. Women who suffered hot flashes before IP had relief from symptoms, and people with periods began to have increased PMS symptoms and irregular periods(sorry Guys). Dr. Tranh addresses this VERY briefly in his book. The one with the hairdo on the cover.
[/I]

Oh, I forgot to add this MOST important bit for you Newbies..If you don't plan on getting pregnant in the near future, be extra careful while on this diet. You may (again, sorry Guys) ovulate more than once a month, or skip a month. If you go back on the posts to November or December, there was a woman who started the diet at the advice of her Dr. TO GET PREGNANT. She had been trying for 2 years and within 6 weeks of getting on IP, she was preggers. And I think she was the 2nd person posting that this happened to. So take extra precautions.any of you Oldsters remember that woman? She was So happy!
There were two women who got preggers while on this diet. One even was going to follow the diet while preggers. Go back to Nov and Dec posts!! You'll find them.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #350  
Kar

S/C/G: 180/180/125

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieamn29 View Post
Can anyone tell me where I get the weight slider that most of you have on you profile?
Hi Angie. I found it under the Quick Links on the purple task bar. "Sig Weight Tracker."
Old 02-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #351  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

i think you need to post a certain number before you get access to the weight tracker option. keep posting and one day when you log in, you'll be offered the option.

- Puddings - butterscotch, vanilla, chocolate
- soup - chicken and if I'm stuck, I'll eat the mushroom but I didn't like the leek enough to buy it again
- chocolate drink - premade (add water) and package but made hot, too grainy when cold
- omelet - love
- wildberry yogurt - kind of grainy
- cereal - tastes like powdered milk with a few grains of rice krispies in it.

On the whole, you'll find that you like some things that others don't so try them. also as time goes on, you'll find you like tastes you didn't in the beginning. my ip place gave me a starter kit with two weeks of food (42 packs) rather than full box sets. this was expensive ($300 with vitamins and everything) but it gave me the chance to try out pretty much everything - they took back any unopened packs that I didn't like or didn't want to try.

Last edited by Mom22; 02-09-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new! I'm going to pick up my food tonight, but I'm not starting until next week. Just wondering what people's fave/most hated products are?
Hi, Kar. Welcome. I love the caramel nut bars. I think they taste like a Snickers. This is a restricted item though and you can only have one restricted item per day. Some people on the program aren't allowed any restricted items the first month or so, but I have been eating them since the beginning and have maintained a steady loss. I also like the puddings, but I mix them with 12 oz. of water and drink them like a shake. I got tired of the leek and mushroom soups really fast as well as the omelet. I love the wildberry yogurt drink. The pancakes are good but are restricted. I love the chili (restricted) and I like the crispy cereal with cinnamon and Stevia sprinkled on.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 226/202/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi torchlaker I absolutely LOVE reading your posts...pls don't stop writing
Old 02-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 226/202/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
LOVE the chocolate shakes, capaccino drink, butterscotch pudding, chili (restricted), and caramel bars (restricted). Can't stand the leek soup!!
Yeah, I'm with you about the leek soup...can't swallow the damn thing.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hi Kar, Welcome aboard!!
My very favorites are the Raspberrry Crunch Bar, Peanut Butter Crunch Bar, Veg & Cheese Omelet, Chocolate Drink, Bolongaise Spaghetti, Soy Puffs BBQ and premade Vanilla Pudding.

Good are the Pineapple Banana, Pina Colada and Blue Berry, Cranberry and pomegranate drinks....over ice is the best.

The Salt & Vinegar chips are BAD lol and I didn't fancy the Orange Crepe although I couldn't get it to cook in my pan, it ended up like raw scrambled eggs lol.

I'm still afraid to try the Leek Soup and Hearty Stew....apparently they aren't favorites lol.

I have to admit it took me a few days to acquire a taste for most of these but I've just started into my 3rd week and that is no longer a problem.

Trish

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-09-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #356  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Hi everyone. I'm new! I'm going to pick up my food tonight, but I'm not starting until next week. Just wondering what people's fave/most hated products are?
Chocolate Pudding!
Mushroom soup (I don't even like mushrooms)
Chicken soup

I've not tried a few of the things others have mentioned. But I do find the drinks to have a strong aftertaste (mango, pink lemonaide, etc)
Old 02-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #357  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Favorites

Quote:
Caramel Nut & Peanut Bars - restricted. Peach/Mango, Pink Lemonade & Pina Colada drinks.

Best of Luck.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieamn29 View Post
Hi, Angie, I think you have to be a member for 20 days and have at least 25 posts before you get one.

Last edited by BevS; 02-09-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: contains error
Old 02-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Kar, somewhere in FAQs is a survey about what people like and don't like. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #360  

Quote:
HI KAR!!!! Welcome to our wonderful forum!! I ♥ the vanilla pudding the very most...but as a drink...I've never actually tried it as a pudding lol.
Closed Thread