Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Eastcoastmama, where are you from? I'm in Philly PA and we just got close to 3 feet of now with another 2 ft on the way today. UGH. All my shoveling (I live on a corner lot so lots of sidewalk and having to dig my car parking spot out) gone down the draine already. Double UGH. On the positive side, working from home today so my doggie will be estatic.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #377  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

In regards to favourite foods..... I have been severely limited in what I can and cannot eat on the plan due to lactose and gluten intolerance. However, I can tell you that my staple foods/faves are:

chocolate pudding (sometimes I add extra water and make it into a drink!)
raspberry jello
cranberry pomegranate drink (I add triple the amount of water and drink throughout the day)
cappuccino (I add coffee to it - yummy!)
soy nuts (I add to salads or stirfry's)
oatmeal (I add extra water and make into a drink)
Chili (even though it made me very sick from my food intolerances - it tasted really good!)
Stew (made me very sick from my food intolerances - and tasted horrible)
Old 02-10-2010, 07:12 AM   #378  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

In regards to favourite foods..... I have been severely limited in what I can and cannot eat on the plan due to lactose and gluten intolerance. However, I can tell you that my staple foods/faves are:

chocolate pudding (sometimes I add extra water and make it into a drink!)
raspberry jello
cranberry pomegranate drink (I add triple the amount of water and drink throughout the day)
cappuccino (I add coffee to it - yummy!)
soy nuts (I add to salads or stirfry's)
oatmeal (I add extra water and make into a drink)
Chili (even though it made me very sick from my food intolerances - it tasted really good!)
Stew (made me very sick from my food intolerances - and tasted horrible)
Old 02-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Oh yeah...he also asked about recipes!! He does much of the cooking and I was so excited he is thinking about this already!! Thanks again!!
That's encouraging that he is showing interest in the cooking part! I would suggest you bring him to your consultation, if he is willing, where he can ask any questions that he may have. This is more than a diet. It is a plan based on science designed to give your pancreas a rest (after years of abuse of too many carbs) and reset your system. It really does work, and it really isn't that hard to follow (just a little work to buy, and prepare veggies).
Good Luck to you!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I’ve been lurking on the boards for a time (that sounds so sneaky!), but this is my first post. Before I go on, thanks to all of you for the tremendous inspiration. Your amazing results and great information pushed me over the edge in my decision to start this diet.

To motiv8edmama: like your husband, I am always wary of anything that costs money and sounds too good to be true—even though my chiropractor and his staff were dropping weight like crazy. I did lots of research before I committed (this site helped), and by the time I made the decision, I knew the approach made sense medically, but I needed concrete evidence that it would actually work for ME. I knew if I didn’t see results right away, I wouldn’t believe it—so I weighed myself every day. And darned if I wasn’t losing 1-2 pounds every time I stepped on the scale. My motivation level shot through the roof. I lost 8.8 pounds my first week, and 4.4 the second. Now into my third week, the loss is slowing down, but I have no doubt that the diet works—even for ME—and that I will continue to get the kind of results others here have shared. It feels pretty darned good.

So I recommend you take the first step and see for yourself. But you need to be almost religious about following the protocol—I find it helps to have some obsessive-compulsive tendencies! If you stick with the program, the loss will come quickly, and you will achieve your goals. And if you have a supportive husband to cook your food, I’d say you’ve got it made!

To Eastcoastmama: here we go again! Don’t know where you live, but I’m already slogging through snow up to my hips—I feel like I’m back living in Alaska! Hunker down and enjoy your baking.
Welcome, Novak. Wow, 8.8 pounds your first week! That's great! I only lost 6.5 my first week, then immediately dropped down to 3 pounds per week. Not that I'm complaining. That's great for me and entirely motivating.

I agree that this forum is extremely informative and motivating. I'm so glad I found it and have done my share of lurking.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #381  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Ogdog -
We live north of Philly. Levittown. It is raining here now. The kids will be so disappointed. I hope it turns back to snow. We never get as much snow as the western suburbs do.
Where is your coach located?
My coach is long distance. She sends me everything by mail. My husband helps me measure and we send her all the info. I talk to her on the phone and we email quite often. She is my sister's coach.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Eastcoastmama, where are you from? I'm in Philly PA and we just got close to 3 feet of now with another 2 ft on the way today. UGH. All my shoveling (I live on a corner lot so lots of sidewalk and having to dig my car parking spot out) gone down the draine already. Double UGH. On the positive side, working from home today so my doggie will be estatic.
Oh my gosh!! I can't believe how much snow you are getting! We have gotten only 8 inches in the last couple of days (more to come) and everything is shut down in the area. My food order has been sitting on the UPS truck for the last couple of days and I'm getting a little impatient.

My grandkids are loving the vacation from school though. They live right next door and were over all day yesterday keeping me company. I'm lucky that my husband and daughter-in-law enjoy snow shoveling so I don't have to.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #383  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Oh my gosh!! I can't believe how much snow you are getting! We have gotten only 8 inches in the last couple of days (more to come) and everything is shut down in the area. My food order has been sitting on the UPS truck for the last couple of days and I'm getting a little impatient.

My grandkids are loving the vacation from school though. They live right next door and were over all day yesterday keeping me company. I'm lucky that my husband and daughter-in-law enjoy snow shoveling so I don't have to.
Isn't UPS supposed to deliver no matter what the weather? And yes, we are getting a lot! I believe after today/tomorrow this is supposed to be a total record breaker.

Lucky you to have them to shovel for you. Send 'em my way. LOL
Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #384  

Eastcoastmama, hey there neighbor. Well, we had a sleet here for about 30 mins but it is now just really wet snow, and a lot of it. Still debating if I want to shovel now and then again later or to just shovel it all at once later. I am leaning toward waiting because it is supposed to get blizzardy and all that I shovel may just end up back on the walk/road. ?? Dilema. My coach was in Wyomissing (Reading). It was too hard to get to her during the week with work and the travel time (45 mins to 1 hr without traffic) that I gave up on them. Also, she was charging me $30 per box and I can get it cheaper online. So, I'm treking on by myself. Where is your coach? Cool that she mails stuff to you and that she is there for you online. What does she charge you for a box and shipping?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #385  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Congrats on your losses!!!
Looks like we are getting back on track after the holidays.

torchlaker 3#'s - Yeah!!
Mystical Mamma 3#'s - Woo Hoo!!
brijou 4# - Way to Go!!
Welcome Novak 8.8#'s 1st week - Nice!

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #386  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Motiv8edmama keep reading it really helped me to get going. I started reading the October threads in December but didnt start IP until 1/19/10. Please go back and read them if you get a chance--very motivating. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #387  

Congrats on your losses torchlaker and Mysticalmamma

Welcome Novak!!! Well done on your losses so far, keep up the good work
Old 02-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hello All, Can anyone give me some input on what I can expect when starting to use the cleanse. I've noticed the last few days that I'm constipated and get the occassional stomach pain....will the cleanse help this? Could it be from so much protein or whey in the IP products. I hope this is only temporary because I'm enjoying the food and doing well on the diet.

Oh yes, and congrats to everyone....it sounds like alot of very nice results coming in this week
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hi, I have a question, do you have to insert the link for the weight tracker bar below on each post you do or should it could up automatically once you've used it once.
Tks Trish

Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #390  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Hi, I have a question, do you have to insert the link for the weight tracker bar below on each post you do or should it could up automatically once you've used it once.
Tks Trish
as long as you save it in your profile, it will show up each time. when you lose weight just go into your profile and change the middle number - there's no picture just text - and voila!! you are updated with your new weight.
Closed Thread