Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

I definitely have a problem with self image (can't remember that other word). To me, I don't think I look that much different. Today was a REALwakeup call. I decided to see if my old bathing suit fit me for my vacation...and maybe some shorts. NOTHING fit!! Not one darn thing! Now, in most cases, this would be exciting...but it is still winter up here, so no bathing suits are out yet in my small town. My legs look like toothpicks sticking out from elastic legs that don't fit in the thighs. I was just depressed cuz I really don't have the money to spend on new clothes, I hate to alter...which means I gotta sew from scratch....and I really have NO idea what size I am there either. I didn't lose much from my bust....but I did my waist, hips and thighs. I am a medium to small on the bottom, and still an XL on top with no waistline (never had one). I am just discouraged today, cuz I don't feel like sewing...hate to shop....bathing suits are so hard to fit that I don't want to do it over the net. (Who EVER thought I would have these complaints??)

Toomanycats - I have had chronic IBS for years....IP makes it much worse. BUT I had total nausea every day for over 3 years....and we couldn't figure out what it was. Doc started taking me off different meds...and finally we discovered 2 that were making me so nauseous. I am still nauseated in the a.m. (which is why I cannot eat breakfast until I am up 1-2 hours -- ) but am feeling so much better than I was 10 months ago. I take "something" for IBS....but it is written in generic terms...so I don't know what it really is called...but it definetly helps.

I think when I reach goal, I am gonna have a nice, long massage...and then spend the night in a hotel just for a change of scenery. Of course, I might do that for my birthday (2 weeks) - even if I am NOT at goal.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #497  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Ogdog13, thanks for the info about tofu. That's helpful!

Swik, I think rewarding yourself with something special when you reach your mini-goal is a great idea. Last summer I was having a hard time at self-discipline with something, so I told myself that if I did it, I could get a Bengal (cat). I already had a lovely cat (Birman), didn't need another, and really couldn't justify spending $750 on a cat when I had just finished graduate school and wasn't working yet. So, it was a darn big reward. It did a great job of keeping me well on track, though.

(By the way, Finnegan turns out to be the best $750 I ever spent. He is so much fun, and such a total joy! )
OOO!!! A Bengal!! I have a bengal! Matou is 8 yrs old; I got him as a kitten. I had his brother, Massino, too but they were both exposed to feline distemper before I got them and I lost Massino at 13 weeks old. I later had Sher Khan but, he was a true hybrid, f1, and after 5 years of trying I finally got him into a wild cat sanctuary. (He was so much an Asian Leopard Cat that he would stalk my poodles. I had 2. Now I just have Levi, my white Standard poodle.) Matou is my "big boy". He is a ghost bengal. Not a common thing and not what breeders want. But it is the whole reason I have him! His breeder, horrible woman, brought a whole litter of kittens into the county to be destroyed. She didn't want her "cattery" being associated with the markings which only occurs when they breeder down breeds too far to abbysinian lineage. ANYWAY, I got him and his brother when the rescue group I work with took the litter in. He isn't all rosetted, more of the striped variety, with a vary camoflauge look. He is so smart, a talker, plays like a dog, and cuddles to the point he drools! Honestly, for me, of all the cats I have had he is the absolute best! My mom who was allergic to cats never even had a reaction with him! The only other cat that ever came close to Matou in personality was the maine coon I had as a teen.

What is your bengal like? I don't have a birman but, my boyfriend has a siamese, Luke. I wonder how similar those personalities are. They look alot alike. Luke had never lived with other cats before Kevin moved in with me but after a few months of adapting the 2 cats and Levi get along great!

Levi is so used to the playfulness of "his cat" that he finds the siamese a little "off" in personality. I am so glad I have a great dog that is adapted to the cats! It makes for a happy home!

Can't wait to hear more about your sweeties!
Carla
Old 02-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
Hi Torchlaker,

Thanks. My fear isn't so much about the money or the taste of the food, but more to do with my mindset. You see, I've tried other programs over the past few years and experienced very slooooow results. Then there were comments from my family about "eating differently". As a result, I'd give up long before I'd reach any measureable amount of success. So, I guess you could say that I lack belief in myself to follow this thru to goal. The really weird thing is that I have confidence in myself in other areas...except this one. What's up with that? Any and all suggestions from you and other IPers who have experienced this and gotten past it, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for listening!
I am so with you on this one! I have tried so many things only to fail and gain end up worse than when I started. It really bothers me to think of the money I would be spending on this to fail, when my family could use that money for something else. My husband is always leary of "the next best thing" as he worries about my health and sees what the yo yo dieting has done to my mother. Once I make my decision he is more than one hundred percent supportive, it is just that he has so many questions and maybe my own fears of failing make me project my feelings on him. I say we do this, TexasSweetie!! As the saying goes, we have "nothing to fear but fear itself". I am going for my consultation tomorrow if I can change the time around my daughter's school party or Monday...I can't wait to get started, but scared at the same time.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:11 AM   #499  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
I am so with you on this one! I have tried so many things only to fail and gain end up worse than when I started. It really bothers me to think of the money I would be spending on this to fail, when my family could use that money for something else. My husband is always leary of "the next best thing" as he worries about my health and sees what the yo yo dieting has done to my mother. Once I make my decision he is more than one hundred percent supportive, it is just that he has so many questions and maybe my own fears of failing make me project my feelings on him. I say we do this, TexasSweetie!! As the saying goes, we have "nothing to fear but fear itself". I am going for my consultation tomorrow if I can change the time around my daughter's school party or Monday...I can't wait to get started, but scared at the same time.
Hi Motiv8edmama,

Love your forum name by the way! I'm trying to get my rear in gear and get 100% motivated and committed! I read all of the posts and get super excited to start a whole new day, but so far I'm half-heartedly trying. I guess baby steps are better than no steps. You mentioned you're going for your consultation tomorrow. Does this mean you've decided to try this?

I must make a confession. I've become addicted to 3FC and this forum! I find myself logging in at least 4-6 times a day (sometimes more if I'm working on the computer all day) to see the latest successes, tips, and questions. Now, if only I could put this addiction into action , and get addicted to better eating and exercising habits.

I am beyond thrilled that I found this site I truly think that we can be an inspiration to each other. Not to mention all of the experienced IPers that we can learn from. Good luck at your consultation!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:25 AM   #500  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoastmama View Post
Jordanna- Thank you for the recipe. I am going to try it next week.

Ogdog - I will check with my coach this weekend when I weigh in. I will let you know what she says. I hope it works for you. How do you get your packets now?

Swilk - I have lost 26 pounds and I felt the same way as you do up until just this last week. I was noticing changes everywhere but right around my middle. All my pants still fit around the middle but were baggy everywhere else. They are starting to change around the middle now. Someone told me women lose weight last around their middles.

I love all the help and good advice of this blog. Thanks everyone!
I order matol products from aimtobehealty, or lindora or new lifestyles.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:34 AM   #501  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Birman, welcome fellow veg-head. I put quite a few tofu recipes in the recipe section. If you have trouble finding them let me know.
Ogdog - I'm a former veg-head, now a "pescatarian." Before I even started this diet I read all the previous posts and built myself a veritable cookbook of recipes you posted. What a great find! I can't thank you enough!

One question you might be able to answer. I'm pretty sure someone said that veggie burgers are permitted as a protein, but I can't find the post. Do you know whether that is true?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #502  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Lifestyle change

Texas Sweetie: Take the plunge. I am still amazed at the protein packets - they actually curb the hunger - which thus keeps you from cheating. Then when the pounds fall off it motivates you even more. I like how relatively simple the choices are and anything that may be in the grey area this forum helps clarify. I think your only regret is wishing that you didnt start sooner. I too was leary of the cost - yes it's painful, but my husband is so supportive seeing my success - actually quite proud. Go into this remembering this is a lifestyle change. Best of luck to you. I promise you will not be disappointed. To start I suggest picking a couple products you know you will like which helps make the transition easier

Torchlaker - WOW you are just about there. Congratulations.

For what it is worth on - those getting plugged... my coach recommends magnesium citrate..cherry,grape or lemon - take a couple tablespoons daily... she said your body will not become dependent. I guess this stuff is what they give before colonoscopy (when you take the whole bottle at once).
Old 02-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #503  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Torchlaker -
You are such an inspiration - You are almost there!
Have you tried Lands End? They have great bathing suits. You can buy pieces separate so you can get them to fit. They have great measuring tips and tips on styles to fit different body shapes. They are a bit pricey but they last forever. You can order them year round too.

Jordanna - I love your mini goal of getting family photos done. I am always behind the camera. I try very hard to not get in pictures. It has been years since we have all been in a formal picture.

Last edited by Eastcoastmama; 02-12-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #504  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Ogdog - I'm a former veg-head, now a "pescatarian." Before I even started this diet I read all the previous posts and built myself a veritable cookbook of recipes you posted. What a great find! I can't thank you enough!

One question you might be able to answer. I'm pretty sure someone said that veggie burgers are permitted as a protein, but I can't find the post. Do you know whether that is true?
Hi Novak, we've tossed around the idea of veggie burgers/alternate meats as a protein. My former coach said no, too many carbs. But I've been safely using them and really watching what carbs I do eat and have no restricted items when I have that. Josh B says that we can use soy cheese as a protein I think, or was that a vegetable. I"ll have to go back through posts and see.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #505  

Yep, soy cheese counts as a vegetable.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #506  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
I definitely have a problem with self image (can't remember that other word).
Dysmorphia.

And Figleaves.com has a really nice bathing suit collection for all different sizes.

Last edited by Ogdog13; 02-12-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #507  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Question

New to Ideal Protein as well as chicks web site. Any and all insider tips for this diet will be most appreciated. I am hopeful on this, day one, that my prayers have been answered. I don't mind doing the work... but the only motivation that counts are results. Very addicted to sugar as well as loving those carbs-- crusty bread, for example. If you have suggestions for what's made you successful, I am all ears. Thanks so much!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #508  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Good morning and happy Friday everyone!

Went off the diet the other day....we ended up having a little "snow day" party. Let's just say there was alot of beer involved and I ended up having some onion rings yesterday in an attempt to soak up some of the alcohol in my stomach. But today back on track and I don't get weighed until Wednesday so hopefully my body recovers quickly.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #509  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

OKAY I just had to post this......I had the IP Chocolate-Soy Crisps (puffs) and OH MY they are fantastic. Very very tasty and can't believe only 150 calories. They will definitely be saved for times when I feel I need a treat and I'm not sharing them with anyone lol
I've moved in another notch on my belt today so I think next weeks weigh in may be a good one!! Enjoy the long weekend all Canadians and I'm looking forward to the opening ceremonies for the Olympics tonight...should be a good show.
Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #510  

S/C/G: 245/210/175

Height: 5'10"

TexasSweetie...
in answer to your jean question for long legs, I love Chico's and Nordstrom's own brand Amber Sun. Both have a generous fit and they are long enough! Not easy to find.

Showgirlaz...
I want you to be my coach!! Your weight loss is amazing. You absolutely inspire me to stick with this and not give myself permission to slip everyday as if it is something I have 'earned the right to do'!! I bet we live down the block from each other in Scottsdale. I tried to send you an IM about your real coach (although I think you know more than most coaches out there now!!) but I do not have enough posts to IM according to the rules. Thanks for passing along all of your knowledge...actually that goes for all of you that have been sharing all along. Something about this time feels different...like it really is the last time.
Closed Thread