Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #256  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

well, tomorrow is my weigh in, and I'll be starting my third week. I am nervous, anxious, and hopeful all at the same time! I'll let you know what I find out!!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #257  

Default What's your Super Bowl NSV?

So, Swilk already told us her Super Bowl Success, what is your's?

Mine: went to best friend's house to watch the game (she doesn't know I am doing IP) and made a point of eating social meal before I left my house. Then also took with me two water bottles, one with a peach mango drink the other with water, and a veggie tray. The smells were tempting, her husband's delicious chili and the ro-tel cheese dip and chips are my game time faves, but I drank my drinks and resisted all non program foods. I am now home and feel successful.

How did y'all do?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #258  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlbertPrincess View Post
Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share another one of my NSV! Before I started IP, I went Boxing Day shopping and bought myself 2 new bras that were sized 46DDD. I noticed last week that i was doing these bras up on the tightest setting and they were riding up in the back. I decided that I should go get a new one because I hate feeling like I am "swinging low". I went to the store to discover that I am now a 42DD. I knew that I was getting smaller but I had no idea how much my body has changed in just under 3 weeks. This is incredible! It sure helps me stick to the plan!!
that's so awesome!!! congrats!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #259  

My superbowl NSV - I went over to my parents house to watch the game. My mum had made nachos (one of my very favorite things) and her most delicious chili....but I planned ahead and brought my own "IP Legal" chili to eat along side of them, and instead of eating nachos I just had two huge glasses of water
Old 02-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #260  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
My superbowl NSV - I went over to my parents house to watch the game. My mum had made nachos (one of my very favorite things) and her most delicious chili....but I planned ahead and brought my own "IP Legal" chili to eat along side of them, and instead of eating nachos I just had two huge glasses of water
Great Job Jordanna!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Wow....I am so impressed with everyone's NSV's....I was home alone watching the game.....I ate a lot of protein...chicken wings, meatballs and stuffed mushrooms...I was going to have deviled eggs BUT while I was talking to my son on the phone, my dog got up on the counter and ate all my egg white shells. She has NEVER done that.....so now what do I put the yolk mixture on? Am so glad the Saints won....thought it was a great game, and I think New Orleans AND the state of Louisiana needed that.

Motiva8edmama: While I was losing, I did buy jeans from a consignment store...at least they weren't baggy on me and looked nicer. Two months later, I bought size 10 jeans skinny.... NEW!! I have NOT seen anyone paying less the $27/box for IP products....in fact, I THINK MeghaO's coach was charging her $30 a box. I don't remember WHERE I read it, but I guess it says in the IP rules, that clinics are NOT allowed to undercut each other. What you might have read was about Lindora (or newlifestyle). I did buy some products from Lindora. Actually, so far...nothing tastes as good as IP's -- plus I notice there is sugar in Lindoras. I don't THINK IP has sugar (not sure)....so I am wondering if that is why I am not in ketosis yet.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:49 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

I hate to start all of this with a negative note BUT I am starting this diet this week (well going to the nutritionist on weds) and I KNOW that I will be cheating at the end of 2 weeks (going to mexico). Is it still worth it to start now or should I just come back from trip and then start? dumb question, isn't it?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #263  
Bevo

S/C/G: 270/270/135

Height: 5'3"

This will be my first time really posting anything. I am starting the 1st day of my 3rd week on Ideal Protein. I feel that I am doing really good on the diet. It is one of the easiest ones that I have been on. I am not hungry and I don't even feel like cheating. I'm excited to see how much I have lost when I go to the doctor today. I'll update later on today. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #264  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
On another note, I am SO PROUD of my boyfriend and I! We were originally going to host his brother and his wife, who had been been on IP for the last two weeks, for Superbowl. Then, his brother called us last night and said they were going off the diet. Long story short, she decided to come off for some medically complicated reasons and he decided he didn't want to bother if she wasn't going to be on the diet. He hasn't really been in the right mentality since the beginning; he told us he just wanted to get back down to a weight where he could start exercising a lot so he could go back to eating pizza and wings and fast food and "keep it off" by exercising. So, neither of us was very surprised that he threw in the towel.

So, anyway, tonight we went to my boyfriend's parents house where everyone else was eating buffalo dip, wings, pizza, taco dip, etc. His mom made steak and lobster and we brought a salad. We ate perfectly on plan (though I think I ate a little too much protein, but better that than snacks!) My boyfriend and I came home at halftime and all we could talk about in the car was how we weren't even TEMPTED by the other food. Sure, we would have loved to taste the dip or eaten pizza, but we've put in SO MUCH at this point; money, time and effort. It's not worth it to us at this point to go off plan (except for our ONE cheat day in Vegas... hey, he'll only turn 30 once, and we'll be on vacation!). Anyway, I'm just really proud of both of us for having the willpower and dedication to really stick to the diet and make it work. And I'm proud of all of you for doing the same... keep up the great work everyone!
That is awesome! Congrats on your strong will power to overcome! I truly believe it is within our power to overcome all the obstacles that life throws at us on our journey to a healthier lifestyle! Not to say it is always easy, but it is do-able!

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 02-08-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #265  
Bevo

S/C/G: 270/270/135

Height: 5'3"

I would just wait. It is a really easy diet and after the 4th day, I felt a lot better than I have in years. It is worth it to go on the diet but it would be hard to not cheat if you are going to Mexico.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 AM   #266  
Kris M

My NSV/Superbowl victory: My hubby and son had their annual superbowl festivities (chips, pop, pizza hut pizza and wings) while I had a nice hot steaming bowl of chicken-veggie soup and jello! Not even tempted one bit! But have to admit it smelled damn good! lol!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #267  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Yayyyy! Great job! Smart thinking on bringing your own chili! WTG!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #268  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
So, Swilk already told us her Super Bowl Success, what is your's?

Mine: went to best friend's house to watch the game (she doesn't know I am doing IP) and made a point of eating social meal before I left my house. Then also took with me two water bottles, one with a peach mango drink the other with water, and a veggie tray. The smells were tempting, her husband's delicious chili and the ro-tel cheese dip and chips are my game time faves, but I drank my drinks and resisted all non program foods. I am now home and feel successful.

How did y'all do?
Super job! Congrats on planning ahead and staying true to the plan!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #269  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Wow....I am so impressed with everyone's NSV's....I was home alone watching the game.....I ate a lot of protein...chicken wings, meatballs and stuffed mushrooms...I was going to have deviled eggs BUT while I was talking to my son on the phone, my dog got up on the counter and ate all my egg white shells. She has NEVER done that.....so now what do I put the yolk mixture on? Am so glad the Saints won....thought it was a great game, and I think New Orleans AND the state of Louisiana needed that.
WTG! Having extra protein or veggies is (in my opinion) far better then snacking on non IP food! What do they call that - the lesser of two evils! lol!
I can totally relate to the dog eating off the counter.... years ago we had baked a cake for my grandmother's birthday and left it to cool before icing it. Came back to the kitchen and my yellow lab Sunny had pulled the cake off the counter and was munching away - quite happily I might add - on the bday cake! Ack!! Something he had never done before or after the fact! Needless to say, we had to go with a store bought cake for that celebration!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 AM   #270  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by badams1234 View Post
This will be my first time really posting anything. I am starting the 1st day of my 3rd week on Ideal Protein. I feel that I am doing really good on the diet. It is one of the easiest ones that I have been on. I am not hungry and I don't even feel like cheating. I'm excited to see how much I have lost when I go to the doctor today. I'll update later on today. I hope everyone has a great day.
Welcome to 3FC!! Good luck on your weigh in!
Closed Thread