Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #196  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
Ugh, I know where you're coming from! I teach elementary special ed, and school has been the hardest place for me (I always thought I was more likely to be tempted at home). Between all the snacks in the teacher's lounge (do I really need to watch stick-thin teachers chowing down on the donuts and brownies?), the smell of the cafeteria lunches (which of course never smelled good pre-diet), and all of the cupcakes and cookies lately for birthdays (seriously, were ALL of my kids born in Jan-Feb??), I feel like I'm jumping hurdles everyday. But I'm pushing through and trying to remind myself that in the end, it's all going to be worth it. I imagine it's much harder with young children, especially a newborn! Good luck to you, I know you can do it!
At my school the temptations seem to be down since Christmas is over and since I was the primary culprit for providing homebaked treats (I find baking a great stress reliever and procastinaiton technique). The school lunches never smelled good before but now they almost make me nauseous. The smell of breakfast this morning was the WORST!! So sickly sweet I had to keep away from the kitchen and the cafeteria. I do think valentines day activities will be a challenge but I CAN DO IT!!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 260/215/195

Height: 5'5 1/2

Talking

I was so discouraged when I did my weigh in yesterday, I didn't loose anything nor gain, maybe it was doing to my cycle, but today when I weighed myself, I jumped for joy cause I went down a pound, this is gonna be very hard but I can do it, I can't complaint too much, in 3weeks I lost a total of 16pds, I'm proud of myself, and I think this site is gonna be big, big help for me as well! you all give such great feedback! Thanks everyone!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #198  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
At my school the temptations seem to be down since Christmas is over and since I was the primary culprit for providing homebaked treats (I find baking a great stress reliever and procastinaiton technique). The school lunches never smelled good before but now they almost make me nauseous. The smell of breakfast this morning was the WORST!! So sickly sweet I had to keep away from the kitchen and the cafeteria. I do think valentines day activities will be a challenge but I CAN DO IT!!
OH GAWD! I didn't think about the Valentines Party. Ugh! I LOVE those sugar cookies with the thick pink icing on them. I think they sell them at Walmart. Somebody ALWAYS brings those. And they are the
Old 02-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #199  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Texas Sweetie: You can do this. I found it hard the first week or two, getting through the side effects that I had, not everyone has them though and you might not and also hitting a plateau after the first week, but I kept at it and have reached my goal and am loving it. 32 pounds in 2 months!!! No other diet or eating plan has worked so well for me and to not have any cellulite (or cottage cheese as I call it) on the back of my thighs, no words can describe it, especially at my age!!!!!

I know you can do this and hard as it might be, putting yourself first, if you do not put yourself first, who is going to?

Dear Ottawa,

Wow, 32 pounds in 2 months! And no cellulite! Congrats!

Hearing so many success stories like your's has been so inspirational and motivating. And I just love that everyone is so supportive of each other. It has truly given me hope that I can do this this time around b/c I'll have the support from others who have been there, done that or are going through it at the same time with me and can relate. My hubby and kiddos are somewhat supportive, but it's hard for them to know exactly what I'm going thru and feeling and what I need. Thank god I found 3FC!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 250/233/150

Height: 5'5''

Hello everyone, always a pleasure to come here and read to feel i am not alone! I am a teacher too, there seems to be a lot here. Tonight I feel so exhausted, and I feel like cheating! I had my soy choco balls at 7:00 so all I can eat is vegetables, urk! Have a great week-end!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 191.5/170/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Default Walden Farms chocolate dip

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
I bought some of this tonight and was planning on putting some with the butterscotch pudding, and I forgot. what do you plan on eating it with?

I just use it after dinner sometimes when I wish I had something sweet...I don't even need 1/2 tablespoon to feel like I got the "sweet" I need - I don't put it on anything, just lick it a little at a time until it's gone. Anyway, works for me.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #202  

I work for Easter Seals, ARC (we serve adults with developmental disabilities). Between teaching the clients to bake and celebrating every holiday (is groundhogs day really a holiday?) I smell something good baking at least once a week - I keep telling them they are trying to get me to fall off my diet So far it hasn't worked. I just go back to my office, shut the door, and have a cup of coffee.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #203  

I'm rewarding myself for every 10 pounds I lose - yesterday I had a facial...next big reward will be a full body dermabrasion message - I'll do that when I'm half way to my goal.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ottawa, Thanks for your post and congratulations 32 lbs is just amazing and you deserve to feel GOOD....GREAT actually. Did the cellulite just disappear with the weight loss?

I want to say that encouraging posts like yours is what keeps me going and keeps me coming back to 3FC. You are inspiring.

I'm almost at the end of week 2, first week i lost 7 lbs and feel I've done well this week. A great diet plan that seems to be working for me...I feel healthy and not deprived of food....rarely even hungry these days but stay on the plan.

Take Care and thanks!! Barrie Ontario
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

I was wondering how many people on the IP diet purchase the IP packs individually or by the box....i find to purchase by the box is quite expensive and very limiting if you can't afford to do it that way, I have to drive an hour away to buy them individually....in my hometown they will only sell by the box which I can't afford to do and I feel is demotivating for some of us. I normally buy 21 paks every two weeks (on pay week) and still have many left (drinks mostly) from my starter pack. I also need to buy a good shaker!

I'm very happy with the diet & my results so nothing will stop me now lol

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-06-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #206  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

just had to share a major kitchen disaster that happened to me yesterday morning...
Had a few minutes to spare before leaving for work and thought I would make some jello really quick so it would be ready for supper/snack time. Prepared as instructed, gave it 3 shakes in the shaker and KABOOM!!! The freakin lid blew off! Yes, you guessed it, it sent hot streaming jello everywhere!!!! All my husand heard was OH MY GOD over and over again (and a few more blue profanities that I can't really repeat!) It was literally everywhere. All over me (and my brand new white blouse) ceiling, floor, cupboards, counters, blinds and kitchen fan, not to mention all my kitchen appliances and knick knacks that are in my kitchen! It actually went in a 4 feet radius - everywhere! It took me 45 minutes to clean up - which was getting harder and harder as the jello started to get firm! Ahhhhhh!
Have to say though, as my initial reaction was disbelief and then anger, I simply had to laugh in the end at the craziness of the whole situation! What a way to start the day!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #207  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
I was wondering how many people on the IP diet purchase the IP packs individually or by the box....i find to purchase by the box is quite expensive and very limiting if you can't afford to do it that way, I have to drive an hour away to buy them individually....in my hometown they will only sell by the box which I can't afford to do and I feel is demotivating for some of us. I normally buy 21 paks every two weeks (on pay week) and still have many left (drinks mostly) from my starter pack. I also need to buy a good shaker!

I'm very happy with the diet & my results so nothing will stop me now lol
I'm lucky enough to be able to buy my food in individual packages...I buy 21 packages a week because I'm on phase 1. My IP shaker was included free with my first week's food...do you have one of those and you just want a better one? I find they work really well.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #208  

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmecurvy View Post
OH GAWD! I didn't think about the Valentines Party. Ugh! I LOVE those sugar cookies with the thick pink icing on them. I think they sell them at Walmart. Somebody ALWAYS brings those. And they are the
Those aren't my favs...it's the chocolate that I'm going to miss.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
just had to share a major kitchen disaster that happened to me yesterday morning...
Had a few minutes to spare before leaving for work and thought I would make some jello really quick so it would be ready for supper/snack time. Prepared as instructed, gave it 3 shakes in the shaker and KABOOM!!! The freakin lid blew off! Yes, you guessed it, it sent hot streaming jello everywhere!!!! All my husand heard was OH MY GOD over and over again (and a few more blue profanities that I can't really repeat!) It was literally everywhere. All over me (and my brand new white blouse) ceiling, floor, cupboards, counters, blinds and kitchen fan, not to mention all my kitchen appliances and knick knacks that are in my kitchen! It actually went in a 4 feet radius - everywhere! It took me 45 minutes to clean up - which was getting harder and harder as the jello started to get firm! Ahhhhhh!
Have to say though, as my initial reaction was disbelief and then anger, I simply had to laugh in the end at the craziness of the whole situation! What a way to start the day!
Oh my goodness mystical - what a nightmare. Have you shaken the jello up in the shaker before or was this the first time? I'm wondering if it was a freak thing or if it happens everytime. UGH I can't even imagine cleaning that mess up ... at least you can laugh about it!!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

OMG Mystical Mamma, I'm so sorry you went through that. I almost had it happen at work with the chili. Holy Moly...jello everywhere huh? Dang girl. My heart goes out to you. Now is the time to put Oxy Clean to the test eh?

Hey Newbies, welcome to 3FC and the IP diet. Sounds like all of you are off to good starts. I don't remember who it was but loss definitely slows down during that time of the month...heck, it slows down a bit during PMS for me too. Just remember to stay strong, drink lots of water, and eat your salt and the pounds will come off!!!
Closed Thread