General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #181  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Ordered the book on amazon and it should be here tomorrow. My aunt pointed it out to me because I am having such a hard time losing. Granted my eating hasn't been stellar, but when I did finally clean up my eating, drank all sorts of water, busted my butt in the garden and continued with my gym regimen, I gained 2 lbs. That was thoroughly discouraging.

I've been sicker than a dog this week, so I'll spend the weekend reading and hopefully by Monday I'll be feeling well enough to start.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

Welcome Julie! You will loose on this diet..if not, maybe you should see a Dr. to find out if you have something else going on. I have followed to a T and lost in C1...C2 has been much s l o w e r .....however, I stuck with it and stepped on the scale today and it shows I am down 2lbs. so I am happy. really happy cause I am expecting TOM any day now and I usually gain. soo...keep plugging along ladies. Our weight gain didn't happen overnight, so we can't expect this weight to come off over night either.

Joan, Congrats on your loss. Hope you are doing well.

I will check back next week. I have a lot of challenges this week and hoping to stay strong.

Have a great weekend friends.
Beachplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #183  
Wanting to lose it!!!

S/C/G: 300/275/220/185

Height: 5'11"

Default Hey hey

Hey there everyone! I am on day one of my 17 dd. Found this forum by chance of looking for healthy fats and I am so glad I found it. My bosses were/are on this diet and have had amazing results. So- I figured why the heck not. They wouldn't have anything in their house that could tempt me. So bring it.

Got the hubs on board- so we are both doing it. However in the fact of doing fruit and egg whites this morning, I failed. I didn't realize that grapes were a high sugar fruit. Ah well.. will just peruse on.

Just wanted to introduce myself and get to know others. Support and get support along the way.
summerwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #184  

Height: 5ft 2in

I just started this today...

So far I am doing well, and I love chicken & veggies so I think I will be able to stick to it!

The hardest thing for me will be giving up sugar. I have a major sweet tooth (and my bf's birthday cake is haunting me in the fridge!!) but I am more determined to lose the weight so I can look better before my vacation at the end of September!

Good Luck to everyone!
rock182star03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #185  
In love with...THE GYM!!

I am postponing for a week for a couple reasons. I am still sick, and my son's 2nd birthday party is this weekend and I don't want to fail right at the beginning. I'm not taking it as a free pass to eat whatever I want this week. I bought a lot of foods from the book that I will be eating. I'll stay low sugar this week, but I may just have a small piece of cake on my sons birthday. And then after the weekend I'll be full force into the diet. I gotta say, I'm already digging the kefir smoothies and plain yogurt with fruit.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #186  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

I think the first two days were the hardest. Honestly right now, I just havent had the urge for junkfood at all. I am drinking more tea an coffee than I have in the past but it gets me thru the day without wanting to snack. I also dont feel bad about having a few drinks on the weekend as that is my treat to myself. A couple of glasses of wine are okay I think.
Anyways, it looks like I am going to join an aqua Zumba class, it sounds interesting....
Hope everyone is doing well. I am down 8 pounds in three weeks and I am really happy with that. It makes me want to keep doing what I am doing!
Have a great day everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #187  

OOOO I think the first 5 days are the hardest. I had a headache for three days from sugar withdrawls. Need to weigh. Having the chicken veggie soup for dinner. While DH gets a pork steak. Waaaa..... LOL
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #188  
SkyGirl

S/C/G: 179/163/110

Height: Five feet one and a half

Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found you! I'm seriously considering the 17 day diet, the catch is I have already been doing Ideal Protein for two months and have lost 30 lbs. Just wondering if I will have good results on 17 day since I have already been on the no carb no sugar deal for 2 months? If this has already been answered I apologize kind of new to this site!
Kenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 AM   #189  
<3

S/C/G: ???/???/150

Height: 5'5

This looks promising! I just bought it online through amazon Kindle for my pc and I read through it and I can't wait to start it. I can't wait to tell my mom and aunt because they've also been struggling with their weight.

I'll let you guys know when I start it (probably next week). I love hearing your guys results! Keep it up
Jynxmekrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #190  

Height: 5ft 2in

I had to stop because I got wayyyy off track! But Monday I am going to pick it back up (with a few friends doing it too for a mini support group haha)

I did it for 4 days this week and lost 2.5lbs so that was promising. I can't wait to start again and see more results!
rock182star03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #191  
Joan

Well I am down 8 pounds in all. I started on May 24th so its coming off slow but its coming off!!! I havent followed the plan religiously but I am definately eating healthy. I dont eat chips or sugery snacks anymore at all. In fact, if I exercised a bit more, i would have probably been down about 12 pounds by now. I walk my dog almost every day but I dont think thats enough cardio for me. I may have to start running....agh, I hate running. My goal for July 1rst is to be 165 pounds. I am pretty sure I can do it!
Okay gotta run, have a great week everyone! Happy Monday!

Joan
Old 06-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #192  
In love with...THE GYM!!

OK! The weekend is over, my son's birthday is done. Time to get started! I did pretty good last week just making better choices, until Sat and Sun. It has actually been refreshing to eat healthy whole foods today. I forgot to weigh today, but will be sure to get my starting weight and measurements tomorrow. And can I just say grilled fish is just to die for? *drool*

Good luck everyone! Great progress Joan!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #193  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

Default 17 day diet

I've read some of the posts here and it sounds like this diet is really working! I've been stuck on a plateau for 3 months and it's driving me crazy! Just wondering if this will work.

I've read that you don't count calories. Can you tell me if the book tells you exactly how much to eat? I watched the video on their website, and it seems like the portions are REALLY small, but maybe you can eat more than they've shown? Do you weigh the foods or is there a measurement guide?

Other than green tea and lemon water, are there other "secret" fat burning methods? Is it food combination - or just extremely low calories?
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #194  
Joan

Gwen- I suggest you read the book before you make your decision. If you have a Chapters book store near you, you can sit and read some of it in the book store.
I had no problem with the first 17 days because I was in a good mind set. I did get tired of eggs and yogurt and fruit were okay in the mornings but it didnt tie me over to lunch the same as when I ate eggs.
If you are good at being creative with salads like I am, they are a great lunch. Chicken and fish will become supper staples.
After 17 days, I started combining a bit of my knowledge from when I did LA weightloss because it is a great eating plan. I am down 8 pounds and have pretty much been stuck there for a week however this is without much exercise so I am okay with it.
I don't have sugar cravings very much and I love sweets. Sometimes now at night if I have a sweet tooth, I mix up a bowl of strawberries and rasperries and add some low fat whipping cream to it.
When I crave salty food, I usually grab a small handful of almonds or cashews and it seems to pass.
My goal now is to incorporate more cardio as walking my dog isnt enough for me. Either I have to increase my time or find something to add. I am going to the gym on Thursday after work to see what kind of classes they offer.
Well sorry to bable on and on.

Joan
Old 06-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 241/219/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi I am new here, but can I join you? I have been doing the 17 Day Diet since 5/4/11 and am down 21 pounds. I am on Cycle 3 Day 15, so I am almost ready to go back to Cycle 1. I didn't have great success on Cycle 1. I lost 7 pounds in the 1st 4 days, then I lost nothing for the next 16 days. I guess its averaging out to be 7 pounds per cycle and 2.5lbs a week. But I was really frustrated in the beginning. Now I love it! I'm enjoying eating healthy. I am able to get ice cream or Mcdonalds for my kids and not even want anything for myself.

I decided I am going to try Cycle 1 again, but if I hit a plateau again after 4 days, I'm jumping to Cycle 2. My body must respond better to the carbs. Anyone else have this problem?

Renee
241/220/130
Nayner is offline   Reply With Quote