General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #76  

Here I am at C2 D8. I think I'll change my weigh in day to Wed. Its what I've done for years and it works best for me. Eating is still good for me. I may have trouble tomorrow with Easter and going out to eat where I have no control over the menu. We'll see. I'm not going to worry it to death. what is everyone doing for Easter?

pvgal- I sure don't like sf dressings and ff stuff. I have the hardest time with finding stuff to put on my salad. Right now I'm using ff ranch and it isn't very good. But I don't like the balsamic vinegar and oil either. How did your eating and the trip go?

Happy Easter all....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #77  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 143/137/119

Height: 5'1"

Toni..you are doing soooo well!!!!! Have you tried the 'yogurt' dressings? They are NOT FF but they are good! The brand I can get here, in this little place, is Bolthouse Farms...in the refrigerated section. Even the Chunky Blue Cheese is only 50 cal, 4.5 fat, 1 carb, 1 protein, 1 sugar...so not bad and that's for 2 TB. I use less...dip my fork in a small amount...I don't put dressing 'on' the salad. You might try something like that.

House guests yesterday....vegetarians. Made a veggie lasagna....very good but it had pasta of course.
pvgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #78  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Hi Ho all you 17 dayers....day 1 for me, that hot lemon water may be a bit difficult, was not my cup pf tea - but I had a really juice lemon and maybe it was toooooo lemoney!

Im Renee, lost 30 pounds doing a modified version of Metobolic Research Centers Diet, and then totally just stopped loosing. Talked to my doc about it, and he said that is pretty common with MRC (things they never tell you when you fork over all that money)

Ran into a friend yesterday that I hadnt seen in a couple months, and Good Grief I barely recognized her! She looked fab! She said she has been doing the 17 day diet for a couple months, so I went out and bought the book.

From what I can see - its not just a new fad diet, but a way of eating...I like how it pretty much spells out what to have when and there are plenty of food choices. Seems to me its just a healthy eating plan, with a few twists and turns to keep it interesting...which is right up my alley.

Anyway, heres to Day One!
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #79  

Hello all. Slept in late this morning and had my lemon water, scrambled eggs and an orange.

Renee- Welcome..... You just use 1/2 lemon and I add truvia in mine. Its really good that way like warm lemonade. I think its such a good way of eating. I'm on C2D10.

pvgal- I'll look for those dressings. How are you doing? Did you do well over Easter? I didn't and am trying to get my mind set to quit kicking my butt and get on with the diet.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #80  

Hello all. Slept in late this morning so just had my lemon water, scrambled eggs and an orange. Lunch will be a taco salad and dinner chicken and a veggie.

Renee- Welcome..... You just use 1/2 lemon and I add truvia in mine. Its really good that way like warm lemonade. I think its such a good way of eating. I'm on C2D10.

pvgal- I'll look for those dressings. How are you doing? Did you do well over Easter? I didn't and am trying to get my mind set to quit kicking my butt and get on with the diet.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #81  

Hello all! How's it going for everyone?! Even if you aren't having great success...yet...POST...it helps us all!!!

Ate like a regular person on Easter and 2 days before because we had house guests. Went up 1.5 lb. but....not bad I'd say. I was careful but it certainly was OFF the Plan!!!

Suddenly the sugar and carb cravings are back...didn't take long! So...want to get back on Plan tomorrow...as amazingly the sugar and carb wanting went away. I want it to go away again!!!!!!

Hope you are doing well...but if not...heck....let's just get back to it!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #82  

Good morning all. I lost 3 lbs. this week. Its C2D12. I'm so glad my cheat on Easter didn't make me gain. If you get off plan jump right back on it. I'm so loving this way of eating.

Pvgal- sounds like you've got it together. Good luck to you..... I hate those sugar cravings.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #83  

Well...now we are ready to get back on the road to CA....not going to be easy to do this while traveling. Might have to go back to WW and tracking until we settle again after our trip.

Keep going Toni...you are doing GREAT!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #84  

pvgal- Good luck on your trip. I'm sorry you might have to leave this way of eating. But I can understand where ww might be easier.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hope you don't mind if I join. I'm starting 17DD tomorrow, looking forward to having more energy and losing weight. In the past I've counted calories, but have trouble finding the time to count as I had before. Hoping this will help me beat the sugar cravings and help me get out of the 170's once and for all.
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #86  

Hello All - I'm new to this forum. I found it with a google search looking for information on the "17 Day Diet".

I am going to start the program tomorrow. I have lemons purchased, fruit bowl filled and tomorrow's lunch already packed. Only thing left to do is the dreaded weigh in tomorrow morning.

I've enjoyed reading this thread and hope to soon be another if it's success stories....

Wish me luck,
Becky
rebe jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #87  

HELP!!!

I was so proud of myself.

Lunch packed last night. I drink the hot lemon water and head out the door with breakfast in hand. 2 miles to work and I'm feeling sick. Thankfully I get to the parking lot before my stomach empties.

Not sure if it is the lemon water or if it was the sweetener. I purchased the natural kind that they recommend but don't remember the name.

I did eat the prunes that I brought to go with my yogurt but I was afraid to try the yogurt. So far my stomach feels fine.

Any suggestions???? I'm just not sure that I can bring myself to drink the lemon water. Maybe I will try it iced tomorrow. And maybe not so strong.

Thanks for your help,
Becky
rebe jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #88  

Wow rebe I wondered what happened. I've been drinking hot lemon juice every day and it hasn't effected me like that. Dang.... Did you use 1/2 lemon? Good luck trying something else. I have prunes with yogurt too and an orange. I just get both my fruits in at once because I have trouble getting two in. But tomorrow I start C3 so I'll get some different fruits like a banana. Can't wait to have bread back. Hope you have a better rest of the day.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 189/144/133

Height: 5'6''

Hey all, i'm stating 17DD tomorrow! So excited to see others starting with me. I Lost about 30lb last year but have managed to put it all back on the last 2 months i'm really desperate to get rid of it asap! Good luck all!
hopefulchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvgal View Post
I am just starting the 17 Day Diet today. Looking for others to join in!! I have the book on my Kindle...thinking it would be better to have the actual book...due to needing to flip around a lot, but....I live 100 mi. from any bookstore and wanted it ASAP.

Hope others on the 17 DD or any just starting will share their journey!
Hello: This is my second day on this diet. I am using lemon juice in my hot water instead of fresh lemon. Is that okay? Also I find that if I make my green tea with a green tea bag and a lipton tea bag together it taste better.
pooh12 is offline   Reply With Quote