General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

Hi Toni,
I just went back and read all the posts. You are doing great! I always go gang busters the first couple of months and then I don't know what happens. I hope to make this a new way of eating. I am just sick of yo yo dieting! I also now can't fit into any of my summer pants! I REFUSE to go out and buy a larger size. I just won't do it.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the welcome.. I look forward to loosing with you all.

Is this the thread to come to each day?

Thanks You,
Mary
Beachplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/176/148

Height: 5'10"

I can find Kefir in the yogurt section. It is like liquid yogurt. I found Kefir salad dressing as well (in the refrigerated salad dressing section)
goldenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #108  

Mary- I know what you mean about yo yo dieting. I have the same problem. This is great cause you know you can do anything for 17 days. LOL. I ordered me a pair of capris and a t shirt in a smaller size for when my company comes the end of June. So I've got to work hard at getting somemore weight off.

golden- Thats great you can get kefir. I couldn't even find fat free cream cheese yesterday.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello to all the newcomers!!

I've made it to C2! I had a bowl of oatmeal with a cut up apple in it and it was soo good. Afterward I felt bloated all day not sure if it was from the oatmeal or something I ate the day before. I had kefir for the first time on Wednesday and its not too bad, I could only find the flavored kind and it has a lot of sugar so I won't be having it very often. Has anyone found plain kefir, if so is there a lot of sugar in it?

Toni-14lbs is great. Keep up the hardwork!!
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #110  

Hi Dream...wow, you have done great with your weight loss! What else have you been doing?

I just looked at my Kefir and it has 12g of sugar. I bought the non fat plain unsweetend..so not sure why it is so high. How many grams are in your flavored one? I can't wait to try a smoothie! I went on line to see about Kefir and you can actually make it yourself. Might be something to think about in the future as it is kindof expensive.

I also can't wait for our garden veggies to start coming in. Grocery shopping has become very expensive too. I love veggies and I think I will do well on this 17 day diet. I do miss my toast in the morning though and will have to get used to drinking tea.

Hope you all are doing well. TTYL!

ps. I know my goals are lofty, but I like looking at those numbers. I will have to adjust them when I see how I do on C1 and C2. for now, I am just humoring myself.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #111  

Made the taco salad in the book for dinner. It was so good and filling.

dream- Your oatmeal sounds good with the apple. Don't know what would bloat you. Congrats on making it to C2

Beach- My tomato plant has little tomatoes on it. Can't wait to have some. I love fresh veggies. I miss bread too. And like a glass of wine in the evening.

Have a good week end all....
Old 05-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #112  

C1D3

I am 4 lbs down after only 2 days? I know it is water weight but I don't care!! Weight is weight!

I find the diet easy to follow. I have had a few moments when I would automatically head for the pantry but had no trouble stopping myself.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #113  

Way to go Goldenhorse! I think we started at the same time but I am going to wait to WI on Wed.

and Toni, I hear ya about the vino... That is my weakness...I love a glass after a long day.

Today has gone pretty well. One thing I can say is I feel like I am going to float away....I am constantly in the bathroom. I must have a small bladder...Probably the only "small" thing on me.

I went out and bought a new pair of sneaks today. Last year, around this time, I was walking 3 miles everyday and 6 on the Sat., so my other pair was pretty worn.

Enjoy the weekend everyone. (if you are all still here after 6 o'clock tonight) LOL
Old 05-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #114  

golden- Yea for you what a good loss. I can't wait till Wed. to find out how I'm doing.

Beach- DH had to help some campers up the hill from us do something so I'm having to wait on dinner. Starving so just had a yogurt. I'm going to have taco salad again. I could eat it every night but had leftover turkey from last night. So I'll finish it off. I need new sneakers to. Especially since I guess we're not going anywhere out of this world.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #115  

Toni, that taco salad...mmmm it's hard to believe that we can eat something soooo yummy!

I also made the vegetable soup for lunch. When my husband ate it he thought..no way did I make it. LOL. It was that good. (I didn't put the chicken in it though) I made hubby grilled cheese to go along with his soup.

Which brings me to my next question. What have you been doing for the rest of your family while sticking to the diet? I am just adding different foods to go along with what I am eating. No one else in my family needs to lose weight and actually my husband and 18 yr. old son are too skinny if you ask me.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #116  

Mary- I eat allot of chicken breasts and my husband likes them to. But I'll also fix him other stuff. Mashed potatoes, rice and stuff I can't have. I guess you could say I make mostley two meals. He is not ready to lose and doesn't like all the veggies I eat. When I get to C2 it gets easier and especially C3. Sorry I'm not much help.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 243.4/212.2/150

So, I haven't quite figured out how to do this and be in points range with my WW but I bought the book yesterday and decided not to jump ahead of myself and will read one cycle at a time. I bought things I will need for the 1st cycle with the exception of the Kefir I've fallen in love the the Chaboni but it has fruit in it and my two favorites are pineapple and pomogrante (both of which are not fruits I can have in this cycle).

I've figured I'll mostly be eating chicken in some shape, form or fashion since I dont' eat fish other than tuna.

I'll be starting tomorrow which allows plenty of time for me to have 34 days under my belt to ensure I lose the 17-18 lbs I want to lose by July 1st. I will be overly excited if I lost more than that by then but totally ok with that.
Squirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #118  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt21 View Post
I'll be starting tomorrow which allows plenty of time for me to have 34 days under my belt to ensure I lose the 17-18 lbs I want to lose by July 1st. I will be overly excited if I lost more than that by then but totally ok with that.
That is a lofty goal and is very unlikely to happen on this particular diet. Try not to take this as me being negative because I'm not. I am, however, going to try and be scientific and realistic.

To lose 17 lbs in 34 days you will have to have a large caloric deficit. In this case the math is very easy. 3500 calories is a lb of fat. You need to lose half a pound of fat a day. That is a 1750 daily deficit.

Dispite the marketing claims this diet plan makes I am unaware of any means to speed up one's metabolism when dieting without drugs. (The drugs I'm thinking of are not only illegal they come with some seriously nasty side effects and are definately not worth it.) In fact, when dieting, your metabolism is going to slow down a bit.

Of course, there is water loss but since you've already been doing WW it is unlikely that you'll drop a lot of water weight.

Thus, if you're serious about losing that much weight in such a short time frame, I would suggest you look at another diet plan. The fastest way to lose weight would be a PSMF. I am not reccomending you do one I am merely saying that a PSMF would create a much larger deficit.

Two examples of PSMF diets are "Rapid Fat Loss" or the "IP Diet".

Goodluck.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #119  

Beachplum - I fix them a normal dinner. We eat a lot of chicken anyway so I just forgo the carbs I fix with it.

My hubby wants to do this now so I decided to start over today with him so we will stay on the same cycle. I packed his breakfast and lunch and that made him happy. He needs to lose way more than I do so I don't mind starting over.

John - the one thing I know about this diet having read the book is it is a very healthy diet. Lean proteins and healthy carbs, probiotics, and lots of water/green tea. People who stick to this diet will lose weight. I know it is falling off me and I really do not care if the majority is "water weight". As the author says, weight is weight.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #120  

Our menu for today:

Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit, 2 scrambled eggs, green tea
Lunch: ground lean turkey breast seasoned with msg free taco seasoning on a salad of romaine, purple onion, broccoli, red peppers, celery, and cucumber. Dressing is Kefir Ranch (probiotic serving)

Dinner: chicken breast seasoned with lemon pepper; salad with Kefir dressing.

Snack: 1/2 grapefruit.