General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #61  

pvgal- You sound like me I live in a very small town in Missouri and have to travel to get to even a super Wal Mart. We make the trip about once a month to do our shopping. The rest of the time I have a little town grocery store to shop in. And the prices are high and the selection is hardly nothing.

I had my oatmeal and little steak for dinner and a little baked potato at lunch. It was fun having different food but really not that great. I think out of the three of them I enjoyed the oatmeal best. I love your idea of a sandwich wrap. That sounds good. How did you make your cocktail sauce for your shrimp? I want to have shrimp tomorrow but guess I'll use a little reduced sugar catsup, truvia, and horseradish.

Well have had my lemon water and am now having coffee. I'll be having a late breakfast of soft boiled eggs and an orange.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #62  

Starting Day 1 Today....reading the reviews I'm pretty excited about it. How are you all drinking your green tea? Cold, hot, plain, truvia....bottled lipton? I'm curious because plain green tea doesn't sound too appealing to me.
andrea2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #63  

Welcome Andrea.... Good luck on starting out. I drink my tea hot unsweetened. But lots of people use truvia in it. Bottled tea isn't recommended its loaded with chemicals and Dr. Mike is trying to detox us.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #64  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 143/137/119

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! Yes, Toni...I can sooo relate to where you live...sounds like the same here! I made my cocktail sauce just like you said...but added a dash of lemon juice.

Welcome Andrea...2nd day was the hardest for me but then...my hunger kind of went away and all is going ok and today is # 9. I have never been a green tea fan, but tried some of the Costco brand and that is what I have...hot and unsweetened. It's going ok. Same with the yogurt...now eating the Greek and it's ok. Never liked it before.

After goofing up on the shrimp Toni...I ordered the book from Amazon...should have it Tues. Should have done that in the first place but wanted it "now" so downloaded it on my Kindle. Really not the way to read a book like this...too much referencing.

OH Andrea...I have always been a coffee with cream person...and now drinking it black..and that too is going ok. Good luck with this plan! Let us know how it goes!
pvgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #65  

Toni...here's a ? for you. Next Sat. night, we have out of town guests in and...they are vegetarians, and do not eat shellfish. There's goes the shrimp! Guess it will be a veggie lasagna. It will be Day 15....guess I'll see what a 'day off' does. Soooo close but even Cycle 2 wouldn't help me.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #66  

Thanks everyone! I tried the green tea unsweetened and hot....it actually wasn't that bad...I do have the book and think its great!!

I started my weight out at 228 and have did the Power 90 for about 2 weeks until I started feeling light headed....I realized I wasn't eating enough and wasn't taking a vitamin...so I fell off that wagon...I do hope to get back on it again and the 17 minutes of walking is great, especially since it's starting to get nice and warm outside again.

I'm currently 213 and hope that this 17 day diet can help me reach my goal....I know that's what we all want! lol I really don't have a number figure on how much I want to weigh...but I really will be jumping with joy when i see the scales even at 199! I haven't been under 200 pounds in 5 years! Good luck to us all!!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #67  

pvgal- You're doing so good. I'm worried about Easter. We've been invited to someones house and I don't know what to do yet. I'm sure the meal won't be a legal one for me. I'm trying to think of something I can eat to take with me. But having a hard time. That would be hard to have Vegatarian company. I wouldn't know what to feed them. But it is going to be at your house so that would be a bit easier. Good for you getting the book, I use mine lots.

andrea- I use Liptons lemon ginseng green tea. I like the flavor of it the best. Go for you getting drank.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #68  

Lost 2 lbs this past week. WOO HOO! Thats a total of 10 lbs. now.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #69  

Congrats Toni!!

Today is Day 2 for me....and no kidding, I feel so much more energized and this is just the second day!! I'm never hungry (yet) and feel I have to make myself eat my 2nd probiotic! All this water really does help you to feel full and hydrated! YAY!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #70  

Congrats Toni!!!! Good going Andrea!!! I am on Day 10 and it's my 3rd day with showing no loss...hmmmmm. Toni, did you hit plateaus on this? I'm still going for it...time for some green tea!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #71  

Pvgal- I haven't hit a plateau yet but then I don't weigh but once a week so I wouldn't know if I did durning the week. The scale would make me crazy and ruin my outlook for the day. Are you drinking your three tea's, water and lemon water? Maybe write down your food and see if you're getting to much sodium. You're doing good so maybe in a day or two it will drop down again.

andrea- sounds like you're on your way. Thats great you feel so good. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #72  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi guys! I haven't started the diet yet but I ordered the book today. Me and my soon to be mother-in-law plan on starting this as soon as I get the book! I have to lose 7 more pounds by May 24th (wedding dress fitting) Hopefully I can maintain until the wedding (July 9th) and then start hard core again after the wedding. What do you think? I don't want to have a disaster and my dress be too small!
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #73  

Andrbeck- I hope you get your book soon. I love 9 lbs. the first 17 days. I love this way of eating. And I'm a slow loser. It will work if you follow the diet. Welcome here and good luck to you.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #74  

Just took out a pork tenderloin for DH to grill tonight. Don't know what veggie I'll have with that. Also have some shrimp thawed out for on a salad today. Got me some ff ranch dressing while shopping. Its a welcome break from my other ff dressing. I have a hard time with the ff dressings. Hows everyone doing?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #75  

Hi everyone! Was out of town and not on here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Andrbeck...you can do it! It really gets quite easy once you get into the swing of it...took me about 5 days to have it kind of 'click'. WAY better way of eating! Good luck!

Toni...glad that you're doing well. I really like just balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dressing and the 'spritzs' aren't bad either. Some of the NF dressings are just not to my liking!

Andrea....are you still with us? Hope it's going ok!