General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #136  

Howdy ho! Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I slept in this morning and still haven't made breakfast. I didn't eat well this week end and have to get to eating good today. Had to much wine. But today is another day.

Solly- Sounds like you had a great week end despite the rain. It will be nice to have a few days without it. Maybe I can get my plants in pots after all. We grilled baby back ribs last night and they were so good.

Crystle- Good for you with that walk and push ups. You're doing great with the exercise. Keep up the good work. I want your egg sandwich. LOL

Better get off my lazy butt and cook some breakfast/lunch.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #137  

Hello everyone! Kiln is cooling... I am anxious to open it. I am afraid there might be a structure crack on a piece for an order that I MUST get done by next week. Praying it came through ok... I have a few more hours before I can check.

Went to water aerobics this morning...I went to the early class which was nice. I need to get into the habit of going at 8...I feel like I have more time if I go early!

Its raining heavily here. Lots of storms last night...got woken up several times by really loud thunder. I have not seen one of my cats today...he is terrified of thunder so I am guessing he is hiding in the garage.

I had a bowl of gluten free O's this morning with almond milk. Just finished up lunch- gluten free English muffin with peanut butter and no sugar added cherry jam, and a bowl of sauteed eggplants and onions. I need to head over to the Indian grocery store to try and find an ingredient I need, then I am making Mulligatawny Soup for Tom for dinner. Not sure what I will have....

COUNTRY: I need to pull my bow out and shoot some too! I think my nice target is ruined from being left out too long...and I need a new face for it.

Last edited by Ellen; 05-03-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #138  

Made me a great omelet with baby spinach, mushrooms and green onions, 1/2 piece dry wheat toast and a small glass of OJ. It really hit the spot.

Ellen- I hope everything comes out of the kiln good. Food sounds great. LOL our dogs and cat are scared of the thunder too. Our little boston terrier gets under the covers. We even have to bring the outside dog in. And the cat runs off. I think she gets under our shed. That was great you got to exercise so early. I need to walk on my treadmill earlier.

Time for my soap opera....
Old 05-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies. It is bright and sunny here. Such an upper. I made it to the gym last night. Did about 10 minutes on the bike and then about 25 minutes of upper body weights. Then after dinner, DD & I took the dog for about a mile walk. Won't make it to the gym unless I go late. Baby will be at my house when I get home. I will take a walk after he leaves.

Crystle, my GS will be 10 months this Saturday. He is crawling and pulling up now. I kept him Friday night and Saturday morning about 5:30 am my DH woke me up and he was just standing up in the bed. Not saying a peep. Not sure how long he had been standing there. I'm not sure he knows how to get back down once he is up. Good job on the great walk and pushups. Hope your sore muscle is better today.

Toni, Yum, ribs are my favorite thing. We had tortalini with pesto sauce. It was yummy, but very rich. Tonight is chicken on the grill. Which soap o you watch.

Ellen, hoping your piece turns out ok. You amaze me on finding foods you can eat. I would be so stuck. Good ob on getting to water aerobics. I love working out early.

Mercee. hope you are having a good day.

Better run. Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #140  

Good morning. Just had a light breakfast of a piece of pumpernickle toast and a small OJ. Going to lunch with a friend in a bit so I didn't want to over do.

Solly- I watch Days of Our Lives. Have been watching it for years. Can't wait till the Biggest Loser tonight. I want to see those make overs. Your GS sounds adorable. He sounds like he brings you so much joy.

Hello Crystle, Ellen and Mercee.....
Old 05-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #141  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

Just finished the last sip of my chocolate almond breeze and last bite of Almond fiber bar. That was breakfast/lunch today. I will probably grab a snack later. Maybe some guacamole or avocado. I walked two miles and then mowed for 30 minutes today so I'm very happy with my activity level.

Toni...I am a HUGE Days fan. I've watched since I was a little girl. I took about a one year break but came back. I won't get to watch biggest loser until tomorrow but I'm very excited about seeing the changes. Hope you have a great lunch with your friend.

Solly...ten months is such an awesome age. And what a sweet little fella just standing there without crying. So glad you are getting some better weather today. Good job at the gym.

Ellen...how did that piece come out? How cool, I forgot that you shot also.

Mercee...hope you are having a good week.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #142  

Hi Ladies:

Just wanted to [pop in we are crazy busy at work this week. All is well with me thanks for asking. When I get time I will go back and catch up on the post. Sorry I can't really talk. Have a great day. I am still walking. I refuse to let anything interfere.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #143  

Toni, I watch All My Children. I have watched since almost the beginning. We stay in for luch so we watch it during our lunch hour.

Mercee, hope things slow down for you soon. But I actually would rather be busy than slow. It makes the days go faster.

Crystle, you are doing great with the exercise. I knew you would get back in the swing of things.

As you can tell, it is slow here today. Off to find something else to do.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #144  

Just a quick pass through fly by to let you all know I am thinking about you! I had lunch with a friend down at the market today. Lunch is always an adventure there...lots of weird, and international dishes on the cafeteria line!

Tonight is oil painting. I LOVE Tuesdays. I unloaded the kiln last night. Nothing broke! Now I need to glaze and fire again. Still keeping the ol' fingers crossed there are not any disasters.

Tomorrow is water aerobics, early, then silk guild, then working on the kiln load...will try and check in sometime though!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #145  

Well I went out to lunch and we tried a new little place that opened in town. There was nothing there to eat healthy. I was disappointed but not surprised. Missouri thinks everything has to be fried or dipped in oil. I did the best I could. Tonight I'm makeing fish so hopefully that will make up for it. I'll just have a salad with it.

Ellen- You are flying with all you're doing. How wonderful. And you're eating so well. I don't know how I could do those great meals you make. That lady was right you need to make a cookbook of all this wonderful stuff you're making. I would be first in line to buy a copy.

Solly- I used to watch All My Children too. But its been a long time. Have a good evening.

Mercee- You're doing great and you are an inspiration on the walking.

Crystle-Wow you did wonderful today. You're really back on track.... Keep up the good work. Did I tell you I love the picture of you and the GS on here.

Off I go. Maybe tea time before I cook dinner.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #146  

Good morning ladies. It is another beautiful sunny day here. Hope everyone has good luck on the scale today. It finds me at the same. I'll take tha considering all the eating and drinking since last Thursday. If I can stay the same, just think how much I could lose if I would stay on track!

I did get a mile walk in last night. DD didn't want to go and I almost didn't, but I had a phone call to make to a friend so I did that and walked and the time flew by.

Today is my new doctor's visit. I am looking forward to it.

Toni, it is a shame the new restaurant didn't have anything helathy to eat. Maybe you should suggest it. Boy what a change in Darus last night. Didn't look like the same person. But I don't like his hair when he doesn't style it. That fob in the front when he was working out was ridiculous looking. Michael looked really good also.

Ellen, glad your piece was not broken on the first go around. Hoping it turns out ok. Sounds like you had a busy day and evening.

Crystle, hope you had a good day.

Mercee, you are inspiring me to walk.

If I get back intime, I will check in later.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #147  

Good morning all you buster buddies. Its supposed to be 84 here today. Jumped on the scale and I had gained. But think alot of it is water weight my hands are swollen this morning so I'll take a couple water pills today and see what happens tomorrow. Going to get a hair permanet this afternoon. Had fish last night. This morning is oatmeal.

Solly- Good for you staying the same. I'll be thinking of you today with your new doctor. I hope he does good for you and you like him. They all looked so good after the make over but I hate they cut Sunny's hair. And you're right about Darius's poof. Michael's hair looked so much better. I hated to see Sam go but think it was the right choice.

Hey to the rest of you ladies. Good luck on Weigh in Wed.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #148  

Good Morning Ladies!

I am looking forward to my walk today outside. It looks like rain outside. Maybe by the evening It will clear up. If not I will have to hit the treadmill. I stayed the same this week. I will just keep walking and I will keep monitoring what I eat. Have a great day everyone. I will try to get later.

Congrats to all the losers today. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Mercee; 05-05-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #149  

Good morning ladies,
Another beautiful day here. Afraid it is the last though Rain tomorrow and very cool for the weekend.

I really liked the doctor. She thinks alot of my problem is my meds. She wants to me get off the Lyrica and she put me on Cymbalta. She said it is good for neuropathies and can also help you lose wt. She gave me 2 diets to follow, I can pick. One is a low carb-low fat plan and the other is a 1300 calories flexible diet. She also said she thinks I have sleep apenea Since I snore, and very fatigued, and she could not see down my throat. She said that was a sign. I will go to the consult but I am not 100% sure of doing the sleep study. I haven't decided on which diet to follow. I like the idea of drinking protein shakes for meals as I hate to find things (healthy) to eat for breakfast and lunch. But I hate to totally give up fruit and dairy & pasta. My friend did the low carb and she has lost a lot of wt. I just keep thinking of Atkins. I may try it for ahwile and switch after a month or 2.

Toni, I agree, I really liked Sam but is was the right choice. Michael has so far to go. Hope that water weight is gone today. I totally know where you re coming from.

Mercee, I hope you got your walk in before the rain. I was going last night but the baby stayed until 8:30 and then I had to run to get a bunch of cards and then it was dark and my DD did not want to walk and I did not want to walk by myself.

Crystle and Ellen, hope you are having a super day.

Heading to the gym tonight. Don't have a clue what's for dinner.
Have a great day.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #150  

Good morning. Just had a peanut butter and sugar free apricot jam sand. on a bread round. Tasted good for breakfast for a change.

Solly- I'm so happy you liked your doctor. It will be a nice change to change the way you're eating. It sounds so hard to give up dairy, fruit and pasta. But maybe for the short term. I'm with you I have no idea what to cook for dinner.

I'll check back later.