Old 06-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #91  

Hello! In order to encourage everyone and myself, I will post the pre-Turbo Jam stats in RED, because I've been doing TJ ever since I got it (June 7) only five days ago! Also, I won't quite be following the TJ kick start diet, but I assure you, I will eat healthy! Here are my stats:

Name: Reina
Height: 5'2
Chest: 36 (36)
L. Arm: 13.25 (13.25)
R. Arm: 13.25 (13.25)
Waist: 32 (34)
Hips: 40 (41)
R. Thigh: 24.5 (25)
L Thigh: 23.5 (24.5)
Weight: 149.8 (152.4)
Body Fat: 33.5% (33.9%)
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #92  
MARY

I CHANGED MY PICTURE YALL DONT GET CONFUSED, THIS IS ACTUALLY THE FIRST TIME I READ ALL THE POSTS ON THIS NEW THREAD. YALL ARE BRAVE SO NOW I GOTTA BE BRAVE AND PUT MY MEASUREMENTS OUT THERE TOO.
CHEST:40
RT ARM:13 1/2
LT ARM:13 1/2
WAIST: 40
HIPS: 45
RT THIGH: 26
LT THIGH: 26 1/2
STARTING WEIGHT: 189
IM SO BRAVE!!!!!, LOL
NOW I PROMISE NO MORE COOKIE DOUGH AND I WILL EAT HEALTHY...ER. LOL EVERYBODY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!
LOVEVINET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #93  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Talking Wooo Hooo Y'all Are So Awsome!!!!!

Just returned from lunch. The tuna salad on day one is great! I did have to sub the mustard with lite mayo. I don't like mustard! But it was very filling. I brought my celery and pbutter for snack. I'm really not used to each these small meals, but I see now why everyone says that you don't get hungry. I'm very full.

Thanks to everyone who have posts stats--Geeze, I know how hard it is, but truly this shows your commitment to the challange. I forgot to add my Yahoo IM address. I will do that after I post this message.

Have you noticed how many "viewers" we have. Looks like we have others who are interested in our results. I was one of those individuals at one time, just read about others successes and finally got the mindset to do something myself. It doesn't matter why you have waited to get started....the fact that you have means so much.

remember....Nothing tastes as good as being slim and healthy feels!!

I'll check in later this afternoon!!
Linda
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #94  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Thumbs up Let the party begin!!

Hello everybody! Okay, this is going to be soooooo hard, but let's do it...

*Weight = 214 lbs.
*Chest = 43"
*R-Arm = 14"
*L-Arm = 13.5"
*Waist = 44"
*Hips = 48"
*R-Thigh = 29.5"
*L-Thigh = 29.5"

Now that hurt....Ouch!!!! I've been doing very well with the diet...did have a bit of temptation here at work, but I resisted. This place is a foodfest...a constant struggle to resist goodies. Anyway, I've scheduled my CP workout for 6p today.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #95  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Thumbs up bobsgril - Good Job!!!!!!

bobsgirl--Way To Go Girl!!!

It's almost like we've lined up to jump off that platform (in team building), we know that someone will catch us, but it's so darn hard to jump.
Always remember that you have a security net here with your other Jammers! I think you have done a great job so far..just stay focused.

I know what you mean about temptations at work--we have meetings and there's always food left over that they put in the break room. I just have to stay out of there. I also have let everyone here at work know that I am doing this challenge--that way if someone thinks I'm cheating they let me know right away!!

I plan to do my cp around 7 p.m. tonight. I have some errands after work and want to let my dinner settle - or do you think it would be best to eat afterwards?? What do you do?

I' very proud of you. Keep your Turbo Jammin!!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #96  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Angry Having problems with pop-up windows?

If anyone is having difficulty getting the additional smilies to come up or to Instant Messaging someone due to pop-up blockers. Just hold down the control (Ctrl) key while you click on the link and it will allow the pop-up. I just learned that after my additional smilies wouldn't open up.

I'll check in later.

Linda
Old 06-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #97  

Good Luck everyone!!!! I can't wait for the end of the 10 days to see everyone's results. Cousin Ashley - I wish I had a before and after picture to show you - hopefully one day soon it will happen.

I've lost 3 pounds on the new "eating plan" - course, I gained two back this weekend - NOT GOOD! Hopefully it is just water weight. I have to check back in with the clinic on Friday and after getting clucked at last Friday . . . didn't help I had 1/2 a doughnut that day so I deserved the clucking.

I'm Turbo Jammin' right along with you!!!!!!! I am so glad I did the 10 day plan - and I think you all will be too. Even if you don't lose weight but lose some inches - this is all just steps in the right direction . . . and how fun those steps will be. The 10 days do go by really fast - it might not seem like that the first day or two . . . but you shall soon see!!!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #98  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Smile Rachelle -- We all appreciate your support!!

Rachelle,

You have been such an inspiration to all of us on this challenge!! I read many of your posts before I joined the Turbo Jam community.

I'm glad that you are cheering our members on and doing Cardio Party with us. You are really a great example.

Hey, don't worry about that water weight. I think as women we call all relate to that. Just keeping your positive attitude will be your ticket to success.

Keep checking on us -- we all look forward to your daily posts.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:15 PM   #99  

Height: 5'8"

Well, so far so good today....I know that we are only half way through the first day, but sometimes that first day can be the hardest! I am not following the meal plan to a "T" but I am using the meals that are listed in the 10 day plan. I was a little surprised to see that when I put all of the food that I ate today into my fitday, it only came up to 1010 calories! I guess the most surprising part is that I have not felt deprived at all. I am going to see if I can figure out how to put up my fitday link here~that'll keep me on plan too!

Rachelle~So glad to hear all is going well with the new plan! I have been thinking about you and wondering how the rest of your tests have come back. I hope everything is going well for you. I just have to thank you again for turning me into a fellow Turbo-jammer, I just love the workouts and plan to add to my collection. I am thinking about getting the maximum results package too.....Do you know what the bonus workout is? Maybe it changes based on what's available, but I was just wondering what you got with yours.

Chat again soon!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #100  

Height: 5'8"

Quick Question.....

Does anyone use Fitday to keep track of calories in/calories burned? I am trying to figure out the best exercise listed that would be comparable to Turbo Sculpt and Cardio party. I think that I am seriously shorting myself on calories burned, but I just don't see how to change that. Just wondering if any of you have used it and what you are doing for logging workouts.

Thanks!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #101  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Darcy,
I agee with you that I have not been hungry at all!!! Usually by now I thinking about going to the junk machine for something. I had to force myself to eat the celery and pbutter for snack.

You are right that the first day can be the hardest. It is said that you must repeat something 21 times to make it a habit I think that if we will all follow the 10-day challenge or similiar eating program and do our workouts as listed, we will want to continue that lifestyle because the results will make it all worth while.

I'm checking into wireless Internet this evening. I can hardly stand to go home and wonder what's being posted.

Everyone, have a wonderful evening. Do your Cardio Party workout and for those of you who have not posted yet, please join us. As you can see we have a fabulous group who have committed to the 10-Day Kick Start Challenge. Go Team Go
Old 06-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 238/238/150

Height: 5'3

I'm so frustrated! My Tj was shipped on June 2nd. It was in my city (Knoxville, TN) on June 6th. Okay from there it left Knoxville and went to Pheonix, AZ from there its gone to 2 cities in Texas. Why? All the lady at Ups could say is that it was on its way back to Knoxville. She could not even explain why it never made it to my house.
I am really anxious to start! Hopefully this week...................
natascharenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:12 PM   #103  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Default Going Home for the Evening

I need to go home now, I've got errands to run then a DVD that's waiting for me LOL! I don't have Internet at home so don't think that I'm not responding to your posts. I'll check in on Day 2--just think we've almost made it through day 1. KEEP GOING!!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 166/159/140

Default I am in Florida

watching another big storm go by. So you can imagine what a crazy day it has been. At lunch time I went to walmart and believe it or not, there were NO jugs of water, I ended up buying the bottles about 4 cases. So we are set and if not for a storm then for me for every day use. There was no regular gas here either, not sure why folks are flippin out over a tropical storm...we have been through wayyyyy worse. Anyway, my point is that it can all be very stressful, but I am STILL JAMMIN'. Did the cardio party and going back for the ab jam- Love that one!
GREAT NEWS I was down 3 more lbs at my weigh in tonite, so that made me very happy.
Although these measurements do not make me happy at all.

weight 159
height 5'4"
Chest 41"
Waist 37"
Hips 42"
Not sure what all that mess is but - I am working on it NOW!!!

Great first day everyone and keep on jammin!!!!
sunshine06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #105  

Thank you so much Turbomimi and Darcy!!!! You know how to make a person feel good!!!!

I'm waiting for one test to come back and it should be here this week - that is the one saying what my body is absorbing and what it is not. The rest all came back great - which is good but the pits in that I don't know why I'm having a hard time losing and so much fatigue. But the guy I'm seeing says it is more then likely the way I've been eating (although I never thought it was THAT bad - 1/2 doughnut every in once in awhile included ) - but that with this new eating plan, I will be repairing my metablism and should see more energy and the scale moving down at least a pound a week. We shall see. The good news is that I don't have to eat this way the rest of my life - because I couldn't which is usually how one gains all the weight back and more so I didn't want a DIET - but he said he will help me when we get to that point in bringing other foods back into play. And I'll know, if I gain four pounds in two weeks, I'm eating something that isn't working with my body. It's going to be hard unfortunately but I guess the way I was eating was getting me no where except 185 pounds so . . .

I use fitday and I put turbo jam under "kick boxing" - two words. It's rated higher then the aerobic step. Spark had Taebo which was nice - it rated it higher. It doesn't always match my heart rate monitor but it's better then nothing. HTH

I'm sorry natascharenee for your frustration. Hopefully it will just show up at your door. That is what happens to me with Beachbody. I was so thankful I paid the extra money for the replacement DVD's - I had to get a new 20 minute workout. That sad part is that I don't think I did that on the newer packages just to save $ - it'll probably cost me more in the end though.

The bonus workout - when I ordered it was when they were sending the weighted gloves - which a lot of people aren't happy with anyway. A couple have had them break. The ones at Target have been recommended by a few. I actually haven't used the gloves much as they irritate my shoulders and neck. I think it's a Yoga Booty Ballet Live workout that comes with it - or at least it was. I don't mind these YBB Lives - you don't burn as many calories but I've been trying to do them as my Friday night workout. Of course, they aren't as much fun as Turbo Jam but I don't care much for yoga and this gives a nice twist to it. I love this TJ set a lot!!!!!!

I need to go workout - I don't know which one I want to do.

Rachelle ing you all on!!!
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote