Old 06-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #196  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Unhappy This is our Last Day of the Challenge

Whow!! Time does fly when we're having fun!! This challenge has been so good for me. I actually look forward to exercising--that is a really big change for me. I have more energy and certianly watch what I put in my mouth.

Y'all have been so good for me and I can tell that you enjoyed the team approach to losing weight as well.

I do plan to continue on with Zennifer. Now that I am starting a routine of eating better and exercising I don't want to break the cycle. And as I have said before, I really need the accountability factor.

Everyone--- please weigh and measure in the AM and post sometime tomorrow. I will plug your stats into my spreadsheet and post the totals on Friday.

I wanted to show you how popular we have been as we took this challenge.
These are the # of posts to our thread and the # of views. If anyone recorded the #'s from Sat & Sun, please add them. I don't have Internet at home.

Date Posts Viewers
6/12...101....1,004
6/13...116....1,123
6/14...140....1,329
6/15...152....1,474
6/16...162....1,640
6/17
6/18
6/19...194....1,997
6/20...189....2,089
6/21...195....2,174

As you can see, we had a lot of viewers. I hope they will see how important it is to have the support and motivation of a team to accomplish our goals. Who knows, maybe some of them will try Turbo Jam and join us!!!

Turbo Jammers ROCK!

Each of you have made this challenge so much fun and personally, I couldn't have done it without you!!!

Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #197  
Determined 2 meet my goal

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5.4

Default Feeling good

Hello everyone,
I am feeling so good this morning I was lying in the bed this morning and hit the alarm clock around 5:30 am and I know I would only have 30 more minutes of beauty rest before dragging my butt of to the gym.
I got up without the hesitation I normally have and went to the Y and did my 3 miles. When I got home, I popped in the 20 Minute workout and tonight I will do the Cardio Party and then post my results.

I still have incredible energy.

I plan on continuing with the next 10 day challenge due to the time I had to take off from being ill.

Tracy
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #198  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Hi everybody ~~ It's Day 10 and we did it! I stayed up late last night watching the NBA Finals, so it was really tough for me to get my workout done this morning at 5:45a...but, it's done. I completed CP Remix and had ZERO energy...might throw in the 20 min. w/o when I get home today to make up for my lack of energy.

Turbomimi ~~ Thanks so much for the encouragement throughout this challenge and for keeping up with the stats related to our thread...those numbers are amazing.

Hamster ~~ I agree with varying the workouts. It's best when you can shake things up a bit. I'll participate in Zennifer's challenge, but I'll follow my own rotation this time around.

Sigma3 ~~ I ordered my Maximum Results package directly from beachbody. I emailed QVC and suggested that they also offer these, but as of today, you can purchase them either from BB or eBay.

Iluvkomer ~~ I was having a problem with my left knee for a couple of days, until I really started paying attention to my form. Once I started putting my weight into my heals during the squats, my pain began to subside. I don't know if this might be your problem or not, but I hope it doesn't get so bad that you'll stop working out. Sounds like it's feeling better, so just make sure you protect it.

Hey there, nail-lady and Rachelle and everybody else...I see everyone's still hanging...yeah for us!

Until tomorrow, take care.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #199  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Sigma3 - I ordered my Turbo Jam Maximum Results from Beachbody. I joined the Beachbody support for a 30 day trial and within a few minutes, I received an email with a $25 coupon. I used it to purchase them. I don't think I will continue their support after the 30 day free trial as I prefer this thread.

iluvkomer - my right knee was hurting so I don't kick it as hard or try to raise my right leg very high. The suggestion bobsgirl gave you sound good as well.

Since I don't have Internet access at home I purchased a FitDay DVD and also was able to download to my work computer. I don't have the time at work to enter all my food choices and journal, etc at work (they actually expect me to do things for them!! LOL). I need to keep track of the calories and everything related to my weight loss. For the first time in my life, I feel that I will succeed in my goal of losing weight and improving my health.

I'll check in later....
Old 06-21-2006, 08:44 PM   #200  
Dee

S/C/G: 172/158/150

Height: 5' 6''

Default Last Day!!

Hello everyone! I noticed that a lot of our Jammers haven't been checking in...including myself. Don't get me wrong, I have been reading all of your posts but haven't really had time to check in myself. So here I am. So far I've only lost 2lbs since day 1 but it's okay. I knew that this second time around wasn't gonna be like the first. At least I've lost a total of 10lbs so far. I do feel sexier, haha! I am still not as thin as I wanna be but boy am I much happier. I hated to even get dressed because everything was so tight and my "luvhandlz" would pop out! I still have them but not like before!

I must admit that I skipped like 3 days without working out. I just didn't feel like it. I won't even make excuses. I was feeling lazy. Also, I still ate healthy but at times I would drift off and eat something I shouldn't. I felt guilty so yesterday I did CP and TS and today I did CP. I had no energy this morning while I did CP. I think it was because I over did it yesterday.

Drea- U said you bought some whey protein shake mix from Wal-mart. What brand did you get? And what flavor. I bought some from the Vitamin Store and it was pretty nasty. It tasted like penicillin medicine. UGH!

Turbomimi- Thank you sooo much for being here all the time. For someone who doesn't have the internet at home, you sure do make the time to motivate and cheer us on! What dedication to the team!

I will post my measurements tomorrow morning. I will be joining Zennifers 10/10. You all did wonderful! As for me, I cheated.....
luvhandlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #201  

Day 10!!!

WE DID IT! I'll weigh in and take measurements tomorrow. Today I overdid it! I did 20-minute workout, Turbo Sculpt, AND Ab Jam. HAHA! It felt great. Ab Jam is kind of hard for me though, because my abs are soooooo not strong. And on those floor workouts where you have to lift your head and shoulders and move your legs...omg! My neck can't take it, but if I have one hand on my neck, I am fine. I don't know if it has to do with my technique or WHAT but I can never do those, even in non-Turbo Jam workouts.

Sooooo...Today I ate whole wheat pasta. I HATE pasta because I ate it for lunch and like, I was already up to 1000 calories at lunch! It's not over my daily intake, but that means I can only have 200 calories of something for dinner. Grr! Yesterday I was only at about 700 cal after lunch. I mean, it was WHOLE WHEAT pasta with lean ground beef, but still...I don't think I ever want to eat it again!

I was craving fries earlier. From either Burger King or McDonald's. With LOTS AND LOTS of Fancy ketchup. But then I took pictures of myself and examined them and realized that I do NOT need fries.

And lastly, has anyone ever notice that, on the DVD's back cover, it says that the Ab Jam routine is about 40 minutes, but it only really is 20 minutes? Gosh. I feel cheated! But I don't think I could've lasted 40 minutes anyway. This is probably good, because I can incorporate 20 minutes in any day I want. It's easier than trying to fit 40 minutes in!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:11 PM   #202  
~*Andrea*~

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Default Yay!!!

Hi Ladies!!!

We did it! Day 10! At first i thought 10 days was a long ways away but time flies when you do Turbo Jam. I haven't checked in for a couple days! Sorry, a busy work schedule has caught up with me. Haven't measured myself either, i'll wait until 2morrow morning, although my shoulders are slightly sculpted and the tummy buldge has gotten smaller, and my energy level in threw the roof and my appetite has not been half as bad as it was before starting the program. I'm thrilled to have found Turbo jam, It's so much fun and effective! I'm officially addicted!!

Luvhandlz-- The protein shake mix brand that i bought is "body fortress" it says "premimun whey protein" on it. It's chocolate flavor. Mix the given amount into some skim milk and it's just like chocolate milk! Whey protein is the best tasting out there in my opinion. enjoy!

Thanks to everyone for posting and starting our own little turbo jam family. It was so much easier for me to get up and do the program knowing all of you were doing it to! You guys rock! I'll check back in tomorrow morning with my final measurements!!
dreamy_drea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 159/146/120

Height: 5'0"

I made it girls .When I started I have to admit I wasn't sure if I would keep it up . I want to say thank you to bebobsgirl and Linda for the suggestions for my knee. It's feeling better now.When the muscles around my knee get stronger it should help. Congratulations to everybody. We made it!
iluvkomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:57 AM   #204  

Thumbs up

I have to admit that when I started this program I did not think that it could be that easy to lose 10 inches......but guess what Turbo Jam proved me wrong. When I measured this morning I was shocked. I am so glad that I gave this a try. I will be Jammin' for a long time. Hope everyone else got good results too!

BEFORE AFTER
Chest- 56 1/2 54 1/2
Upper arm- 15 1/2 15
Waist- 50 48 1/2
Hips- 57 54
Thigh- 28 26 1/2

That's a total of 10.5 inches gone!

Start weight-286.5 283

And 3lbs. gone!!!!!!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #205  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Default Results

Okay, it's results time. I didn't lose any weight this time, but I didn't gain either...AND, it's that time of the month for me (I normally gain water weight during this time). It's also very humid here today and for some reason, I always seem to weigh heavier on humid days. Anyway, I'm not disappointed...'cause no gain is still a success in my book (especially for me, since I can look at food and gain). I only lost 1 1/2 inches, but it was in my waist...so again, I'm very pleased...ready for this lump to go down.

*Weight = 214 lbs. no change
*Chest = 43" no change
*R-Arm = 14" no change
*L-Arm = 13.5" no change
*Waist = 44" 42.5"
*Hips = 48" no change
*R-Thigh = 29.5" no change
*L-Thigh = 29.5" no change

Mookiemunchkin ~~ Way to go!!! 3 lbs. and 10.5" inches...you rock. See, we CAN do this.

Hamster ~~ You're correct about the length of time being incorrect on the Ab Jam DVD. I've read on other forums that it's the only one with the incorrect listing...all others are accurate. On my Ab Jam days, I always team it up with either learn & burn or the 20 min. workout 'cause I'm striving for at least 30 minutes of daily activity.

All-in-all, this challenge was a successful one. I'm wishing the same for each of you and hope to see everybody on Zennifer's challenge.

Until next time...keep jammin'.

Julie
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:16 PM   #206  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

I'm so glad to see that some of you have begun posting your results-- I've been in a Board of Director's meeting all morning and have just taken a quick break. I will post this afternoon.

K
Old 06-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 204/193/135

Hey girls!

I am new to 3 fat chicks. I have been sitting back reading all the postings without participating much. I have been reading your postings about turbo jam and you guys have inspired me to buy the dvd set. I can't wait, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I wish I could have participated in your 10 day challenge. What would you girls suggest I start out doing? I have about 50 pounds to lose and am hoping turbo jam will help jump start my weight loss. I have also been counting calories and it seems to be working well for me. Thanks for any advice you might have.
amanda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #208  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Smile Welcome Amanda29!!!

Welcome Amanda29--
We are so glad that you decided to join us!! I am fairly new to Turbo Jam too. I would suggest that you do the Learn & Burn and when you feel you are ready go on the the 20 Minute Workout. TJ is a lot of fun, but unless you are extremely coordinated (I'm NOT!), you may want to feel comfortable with the moves before you do Cardio Party.

As far as eating, I would suggest going on FitDay to log your food and you can actually create you own menus. It will give you a shopping list for the week. Then when you enter your exercise type choose the one with Kickboxing, we all feel that is the closest to TJ.

I'm sure there will always be someone doing the 10 Day Kick Start Challenge as new members continually join our thread.

Don't hesitate to ask questions or for motivation from anyone of the TJ Threads, we have all tried to give support, motivation and encouragement to anyone who needs it.

As you can tell from reading our posts, we are all pleased with TJ, it is fun and we are all getting results toward our goals.

Good Luck and again Welcome!!

TurboMimi - Linda

Last edited by Turbomimi; 06-22-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #209  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Talking I Lost - Woooooooooo Hoooooo00!

OK, I'm finally out of the Board meeting and even went to lunch with them. I had baked chicken w/o skill and steamed spinach. I also had a salad with dressing on the side. This is so different from what I used to eat. I wonder if I'm actually making some Lifetime Changes!!!

OK,

Here are my stats. I didn't do as well as I wanted, I am down 4 pounds and 6.75" . That makes me very pleased with my results. I can tell from my clothes that my body is changing and my eating habits are improving--not to mention my energy level has increased. I would call that a great success!

Weight 174.....170
Chest....40.5.....40
R-arm....12.75...12
L-arm....12.50...12
Hips......46.......44
Waist....36........35
R-thigh..25........24
L-thigh..25........24

Congratulations to those who have posted. This challenge has been so good for me. I'm enrolled in Zennifer's 10 as well. I will start today and finish July 1st. I think we need to stay together as we have been so good for each other.

I'll post the total pounds and inches lost for the group after everyone posts their results.

Take Care and Keep Jammin!!!
Linda
Old 06-22-2006, 03:44 PM   #210  

The Results Are In!!!

Height:...5'2...........Still short
Chest:....36...........36
L. Arm:...13.25.......12.50
R. Arm:...13.25.......12.50
Waist:....32............30.75
Hips:......40............39
R. Thigh:24.5..........23.75
L.Thigh:.23.5..........23
Weight:.149.8........146.8
Body Fat:33.5%......Varies from 29 - 33.1%

Total: 3 pounds and 5 inches lost in 10 days!

And here are some pictures. And I know I don't have any boobs! The main differences are in my stomach and my chin, I believe.

Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote