Old 06-08-2006, 03:31 AM   #46  
~*Andrea*~

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Thumbs up Count Me In!!

Whooo I found this thread!! I don't know how i missed it the other day while looking for it...Count me in for the 10 day kick start on June 12. I just got my Turbo Jam package in the mail today and I did learn and burn along with the 20 minute routine. I was all over the place, but i'll get it in time to join all of you on Monday. I'm so excited! Let's get Jammin'! Hugs 2 all!
dreamy_drea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #47  

Height: 5'8"

Well, I managed to get my butt up this morning and did the Burn on L&B and then did the Turbo Sculpt. I feel much better for it too!

bbobsgirl~Thanks for the tip on WOWY, I was not really sure how that worked, so now I may give it a try....I need the accountability!

Turbomimi~Thanks for the turbo kick link, what an awsome site!

FiveTymemommy~That is pretty much it! Sweat your butt off, eat well and tell us about it! Everyone is always great about getting ya through those rough patches too~Great Support team here!

chefBran~When you measure, do you just measure one arm, one thigh....? Also, when you do the chest measurements, are you measuring around the ribcage or across the bust?

luvhandlz~Congrats on getting noticed!! That is such a great motivator to Keep it up!

2cmeagain~Wow! Look at all the dancin carrots! You are pumped up.....that it the attitude I need to adopt!

Andrea~I love your motto! Keep on jammin, you will get it!

Well, I hope you all have a great day and will chat again soon.
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #48  

Smile

I got my package yesterday, and I did the learn and Burn. WOW it really kicked my booty! I can't wait to start the challenge on Monday..I will be following my WW plan but will do the videos as it states in the pack. Can't wait!!! I figure even if I cannot complete all the Cardio Party, something is better than nothing. I think that's gonna be my motto!!

Gotta go, let's keep Jammin'!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #49  

Morning Jammers!
Welcome newbies!
I did the TJ sculpt last night with 3 pound weights & it is such a great workout!
I ate my calories & drank my fluids!
I jumped on the scale this morning & even with "Aunt Flo" visiting I'm down a pound! I am so excited!!!
I am soooooooooooooooooooooo ready for Monday!!!!
For measurements~your TJ came with a card that shows you where to measure~I gotta remember to do that as well!
Here's to a jammin day!!!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #50  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Great job Angie, you are certainly going to be a great inspiration to all of us on the 10-Day Kick Start!! Thanks for your commitment, it is your positive attitude and love of TJ that keeps me on track.

Linda -aka TurboMimi
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #51  

Thanks Linda!
Monday I will be single for the first time in 18 years~that's my motivation!!!!I don't want to be one of those chubby single gals~gotta look "HOT"!!!
I want to wear a bikini again!!!Not in public,but I want to wear one & look good! I have 3 boys & I don't want to look like I have 3 boys~I still have a prego belly!
I'm gonna keep jammin & whoever keeps jammin with me is gonna be one sexy mama when we're done!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #52  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

I understand your motivation. I was married for 23 years and have been single for 6. At first I gained weight out of spite. Then I lost and noticed that I was getting a lot of attention at the single's dances that I attended. I have gradually gained over the past three years. I have a wonderful boyfriend who is younger than me and I've noticed that his eyes are wondering a bit. He delivers for FedEx and is in great shape. He is very supportive about me wanting to lose weight for "health reasons", but I know that he would like me to look like I did when we met. I'm doing this for me because I don't want to get type 2 diabetes and heart disease like my mom and her sisters. My doctor has warned me for the last time --that's why I need to lose the fat and cut out the sugar. My colesteral is a bit high too. Luckily, I don't have the high blood pressure that my mom and younger brother have thank goodness. I'msure that changing my eating and exercise habits will deter major health problems down the road.
Linda
Old 06-08-2006, 11:48 AM   #53  

LINDA~You're gonna do it!
I am so glad you started this thread~I am ready & you helped me get my booty in gear to get started~thank you!
Opposite sex does help rev up the desire to lose weight!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #54  

Ouch, I am sore! I did Learn & Burn and the 20 minute workout yesterday. Today I did the 20 minute workout and Turbo Sculpt. Woo! I'm going grocery shopping today.

Wow. TJ is impressing me so far! I still have to get the moves down though.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #55  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Hello everyone who plans to participate in the 10 Day Kick Start Challenge. I have been looking around in other sections of this website and came across two inspiring stories from BIG Weight loss people, Charles and Meg.

When you don't feel like exercising or are "thinking" about really going off your diet..refer to these amazing stories. They really have me motivated to reach my goal. I am the same height as Meg and my goal weight is 130-135.

http://www.myfooddiary.com/Charles/

You must change the Display Mode to Hybird (on right side of tool bar) to see the pictures.

If this man can lose 300 lbs, we can certainly reach our goal. There is another story about a woman named Meg..check out her story at

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...5#poststopbout

If you aren't inspired after reading their stories and seeing the before and after pics, I certainly don't understand.

If anyone else has an inspirational story to share, please do now before we get started.

Thanks to everyone. I will post the screen names of those who plan to participate in the morning.

Last edited by Turbomimi; 06-08-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #56  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

Last week was my first week doing turbo jam and after a 3 month plateau I lost 2.5 lbs and 3.5 inches! I was so happy when I saw that. Hopefully I can get good results again during the 10 day challenge. It's not much of a success story, but it's what I got.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #57  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Brandi, What do you mean --that is wonderful. I know you were getting discouraged and to lose that much in a week is a big accomplishment. NO MORE negative talk-- even 8 ozs and 1/2 "are successes because we are losing. You are doing awsome.

I saw a good quote on one of the success stories on the Goal Thread...

"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING "THIN FEELS"
So true!!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #58  

Height: 5'8"

Linda~WOW! I just read Charles' Story and looked at Meg's pictures and all I can say is wow! If Charles can lose that much weight in that short of time, I certainly should be able to lose what I need to too!! They truly are inspirational! Thanks for sharing!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBran
Last week was my first week doing turbo jam and after a 3 month plateau I lost 2.5 lbs and 3.5 inches! I was so happy when I saw that. Hopefully I can get good results again during the 10 day challenge. It's not much of a success story, but it's what I got.

Oh YES it's a success!!!! Anytime the numbers go down, it is a GOOD thing!!! Congratulations Brandi!
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:21 AM   #60  

WTG Brandi!!!
I did the TJ cardio party tonight!
Ate my food & drank my fluid!
I know I lost weight & inches this week EVEN with "Aunt Flo"!!!My snug jeans fit nicely!!! I really wish I would have measured myself.
I'm sooooooooooooo excited~I just can't hide it!!!