Old 06-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #181  

Day 7.

Grr. Today's a bad day. I haven't exercised yet, but I plan to. I ate OK, could've been better, if I actually HAD vegetables in the house.

So my boyfriend works all day today, but he usually comes home for lunch. So I waited, and waited, and I was getting pretty hungry. I thought he'd bring home another sub from Subway or something. Well, I hadn't eaten anything all day, and 4 pm came around, and he finally calls to tell me that he won't be coming home for lunch. That's fine. It's not his fault. He's gotta work. Then he tells me he's having a nice, juicy burger as we're talking. So, my hunger made me a little offended. In a naggy, mad-girlfriend voice, I asked him if I should even wait for dinner, or if he's just going to eat there, meaning at the restaurant that he works at. I sounded pretty annoyed when I said "there," but it was a sincere question. I really wanted to know if I should even wait for him for dinner, or if he's going to blow me off like he did with lunch. So then he got mad, and asked why I was so made that he ate there, and he said he couldn't help it if the restaurant was so busy that he can't come home. Well, anyway, it looks as if he'll be home for dinner...at friggin' 11 pm. I don't eat at 11 pm!!!!!!!!

So he had to go, and I was mad and annoyed and hungry, and there was this nice little box of vanilla ice cream in the freezer. I REALLY wanted to eat it so I could get back and him and be like, "HA! HERE'S WHAT YOU GET! YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS FAT AND UGLY NOW BECAUSE SHE WAS SO HUNGRY AND THE ONLY THING LEFT IN THE APARTMENT WAS THIS FATTY BOX OF ICEC CREAM! IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR NOT BRINGING HOME A HEALTHY LUNCH!" But I'm glad to say I avoided that box of ice cream. And I realize how stupid my mentality at the time sounds, but that's just me. I suppose it's kind of dumb to sabotage my diet because I'm mad at someone else. But then again, it wasn't that someone else's fault that he couldn't do what I would have liked to be done.

So I just boiled some eggs and ate them. lol. Eggs are a bit fatty too, but at least it's got proteins.

I don't really know if I should even eat dinner tonight, at 11. But surely, eating just eggs for the day won't serve my nutritional needs. Chalene says try not to eat at night, so you can wake up with an empty stomach and feel thin or something. Haha. But I read somewhere else that says it doesn't matter when you eat, just how many calories you eat. Ahh! I'm confused.

I think this sudden anger at my boyfriend was brought on by being angry at his mother. And I'll tell you what, when you're angry at someone, imagine you're kicking and punching them while doing CP. It'll be the best workout ever!

And if you're wondering why I'm mad at his mother (ranting prevents me from eating out of anger!):
Last Saturday, my boyfriend's mom asked me to go over and eat dinner with her this Saturday, and I agreed.

On Thursday, she called me and said "We're trading bedroom furnitures!" And I half-heartedly agreed. It's not my place to say yes or no because it's my bf's furnitures and not mine. So I said we would if my bf agrees to it. She also said that she wanted me to help her build a headboard to match our furniture.

I tell my boyfriend on Friday that his mom wanted to trade furnitures with us. He said he hates her furnitures, so the deal is off. I tell him to call his mom and tell her that.

On Saturday, my boyfriend called his mom. She tells him, "Well, then I'm not picking Reina (me) up because I have no use for her!" He asks her why she wanted to trade and not just go buy a whole new set? She told him that she just wanted our set, and when we get her set, we can go buy additional furnitures to match it. Then my boyfriend told her we can't afford to buy furnitures (especially if we didn't really need them or like them!). Well, she gets mad and then says, "Well, then maybe something has to change around there."

Ahhhhh! This can possibly mean two things:
1) I should get a job.
2) My boyfriend should get a new girlfriend.
Which doesn't really have anything to do with anything. I don't understand why she'd want us to waste money on new furniture, and why she won't spend her own money for her own set. I don't understand how us buying new furnitures would make us happy. I JUST DON'T GET IT!

I know she has something against me because I do not have a job, but I don't NEED a job. I'm not relying on her son for money. My parents are supporting me. My financial state is none of her business. I'm his GIRLFRIEND, not his wife. We're just living together, but I'm financially independent on him. My parents support me because they WANT to, and I am grateful. I don't run around spending my boyfriend's money. I buy what I want with my OWN money.

Wow. And to think, I was actually going to help her build that headboard. And I can't believe she's being a child over this. She's not talking to ME anymore just because her SON doesn't want her furnitures...

So, in the end, she didn't want me there for dinner. She wanted me to build her a friggin' headboard.

I guess the ugly mother-in-law side had to come out sometime.

END RANT! Thanks for reading!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:46 AM   #182  

Checking back in!

I exercised. Did 20 minute + Turbo Scuplt tonight. It flew by pretty quickly, and I was soaking with sweat before I knew it! My boyfriend's not mad at me anymore, and I'm not mad at him anymore. Yay! We're happy! Where's everyone? Doing well, I hope! I didn't have dinner. Wasn't very hungry. My boyfriend wanted to make me something to eat (he's a cook!) and was willing to stop at the store to buy the ingredients needed to make it, but I said no thanks! He had a 14-hour day, and I wasn't hungry. I figured I'd give him a little rest!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #183  

Good Morning Jammers!

I had a really good weekend. Did all my exercise and ate OP. I was supposed to weigh in today, but I decided to wait until Thurs. to see the full results. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:24 AM   #184  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

I'm back on track...yeah!!! I wasn't feeling well on Saturday and didn't stay with my eating plan (actually didn't eat much of anything) and didn't exercise. I'm disappointed 'cause I really wanted to complete TJ for all 10 days...but my body decided otherwise. Anyway, I completed the 20-minute w/o and Ab Jam yesterday. My goal for this week is to stick to the food plan and to somehow resist all of the temptations here at work.

Rachelle Congrats on loosing 6 lbs....that is awesome!!! Your mindset has changed, so you're right in saying this time will be different...you will not regain those pounds. I'm so excited to hear about CP4...thanks for the update.

Sigma3 It sounds like you've been extremely busy...glad you made it back here to visit us. Congrats on your inches lost...this is where you see the difference in the fit of your clothes.

Hang in there everybody, we're almost there. I know we can do this! Take care.

Julie
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #185  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Arrow We're On The Down Hill Stretch

Just quickly checking in....we are so busy at work today, I've haven't been able to log on the the thread..

Wooo Hooo sounds like everyone is doing just great! I had a great weekend. I wore my last pair of "fat jeans" to paint in the weekend. By the way, it went great. He is such a sweetheart..this week anyway!

I haven't weighed again, but my jeans were loose and although I painted from 9:00 a.m to 9:30 p.m. on Sat. and from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, I was not as sore as I know I would have been had I not been Jammin. I did do the 20 min workout last night, but it has been close to 100 here and the heat really drained me. I certainly wasn't tempted to eat though as I was focused on painting that trim.

Hampster - I'm so sorry that you future MIL is so difficult to get along with. Being the mother of two grown sons, I can tell you that sometimes Moms have a harder time letting go of their little boys, than girls. That is probably because the woman's family always seems to come first. I learn from the beginning that although my son was still mine, he was her HUSBAND and that comes first. Is his mother married or divorced. That can also be a big factor. All I can say, is let Him handle the MIL. You just be nice and eventually she will get it, especially if your BF "encourages" her to.

Well, I have got to get back to work. I will write more after 5:00 Central Time.

Have a great day!!
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 159/146/120

Height: 5'0"

Default Two more days

I'm still here just kind of down . My knee is swelling again. But I'm not giving up I just keep icing it down and wrapping it up.
iluvkomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #187  

Height: 5'8"

Well, I did the CP this morning and am glad I did, I felt much better after doing it. My eating could have been much better today....I do not know why, but I helped myself to some Ice cream this afternoon...it was 1/2 the fat, but still, not on the plan and I should not have done it. I am determined to do better tomorrow.
I think that I am stressing about my parents coming. I usually wait for them to try to sabotage my healthier habits, but this time I did it all by myself. I am not sure why they do it, but they often try to get me to eat things they know that I am trying to avoid....Most of the time, I am just stubborn enough that I say "no thanks" and move on. They do make me crazy, with all the junk food. My dad ALWAYS asks "You don't have any desert? You know I love it." I always tell them that keeping that stuff in the house does not work for me so do not plan on it being here. So this time, before they even got here, I reminded them that there is no real butter, ice cream (it is gone now...thank goodness!), oreos or any of that stuff in the house. We'll see if it helps.

I am so happy to hear that so many of you are having success with the 10day! I am holding off to do my measurements until Thursday....I need all the time I can get!
Will chat again soon!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:24 AM   #188  

I was up to 177 this morning - but since I had 1/2 of a medium blizzard with hubby yesterday - I won't complain.

I feel so darn guilty that I didn't exercise tonight. Usually I am soooo good about the guilt from NOT exercising, although during the week, it rarely happens. Not exercising ONE night is NOT going to make me gain weight or hinder my weightloss. I know this because I was injuried and didn't exercise for NINE MONTHS, and I didn't gain weight SO . . . I have to let it go. I did exercise Saturday which I usually don't so I just traded days!!! I was so pooped tonight - my daughter had baseball scrimage (she's mad it's baseball and not softball - which is what I THOUGHT I was signing up for) and my son had a baseball game after that so we didn't get home until after 9:00. THEN my son went to get a rootbeer ice cream bar and my hubby had unplugged the freezer yesterday and didn't plug it back in . . . yeah . . . and he's out of town wouldn't you know. What a mess. Could have been much worse. The sad part is we just cleaned it out Saturday and organized it - although the good part is I had some things in rubbermaid containers so the mess was contained in that. Had to get rid of lots of food though. THEN the shelf in the fridge fell out when I was getting water . . . it just wasn't my night. Plus I had to make lunch for tomorrow so after all was said and done, it was 10:30 and even though I like to exercise at night - that is way too late. In fact, I should have had my butt in bed a half hour ago, especially for as tired as I am.

So, can you tell I'm tired - long post and all????!!!!! The moral of the story - one night of NOT exercising is okay. I said, listen to your body right???? I need to follow that myself. I'll just have more energy for a kickbutt time tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great day and that your freezers were plugged in . LOL Probably a good thing hubby wasn't close by.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:09 AM   #189  
MARY

Talking

I HAVENT WRITTEN IN A WHILE, JUST WANTED TO LET YALL KNOW I LOST 2 POUNDS!!! YAY!!!

***HAMSTER DONT WORRY ABOUT RANTING ON HERE, YOU KNOW EVERYONE IS NOSEY AND ENJOYS LISTENING IN ON OTHERS CONVERSATIONS, LOL, YOU JUST MAKE IT EASIER WHEN YOU PUT IT OUT THERE. DONT WORRY ABOUT HIS MOM, SHE WILL CHILL OUT AFTER YALL ELOPE AND HAVE 6 KIDS. LOL

***RACHELLES I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE WHOLE FREEZER ISSUE, I HAD TO EVACUATE FOR HURICANNE RITA AND I DIDNT GET ELECTRICITY FOR 2 WEEKS AND WHEN I CAME HOME, LIKE A DUMMY I OPEN THE FREEZER AND START FREEZER SURFING (when your not hungry, just gonna look at the food) AND GOT A HUGE WHIFF OF THE CATFISH AND SHRIMP I LEFT IN THERE. BIG MISTAKE. GOODNESS, NEEDLESS TO SAY THE FRIDGE WENT BYEBYE. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE WEEKS AND MONTHS AFTERWORD, NEARLY EVERY HOUSE IN TOWN HAD THEIR REFRIDGERATORS ON THE SIDEWALK IN FRONT OF THEIR HOUSES, IT WAS A SIGHT TO SEE.

YALL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!
LOVEVINET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:30 AM   #190  

Day 8.

EEEE! 2 more days! I did 20 minute workout + CP today. The 20 minutes seem like 5 now! It's great! I think that the day after TS is the day I am not so energetic in my CP. But that's ok! It means TS is certainly working my muscles. Today I had a little treat. My boyfriend bought a cappucino mix and it looked pretty good, and I had to try it. I mixed protein powder in it LOL. I tried to make it a good thing. It was 160 calories. But that's all the "bad" for the day.

Turbomimi - MIL is divorced! What does this mean? Am I forever doomed? Hehe!

LOVEVINET - OMG about the KIDS. She keeps telling us to have them. I'm only like ...21! I don't want kids yet! And..the funny thing is, my boyfriend doesn't really even want kids!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #191  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Congratulations to everyone who have stuck it out!!!! I want to thank you for participating in this challange and hope that you have enjoyed the support and motivation that we have given each other!

Sigma3 - you are getting some great results!
Hamster - You are really giving it your all! (I have more advice on the MIL, but limited time now)
Nail-lady - Hang in there girl!
Turbogeanie - 4 inches and 3 lbs - you must be thrilled!
Rachelle - So glad that the scales are finally going in the right direction! Don't worry they will fluctuate a bit. It's just the nature of our bodies. I know this will make you feel better --I didn't exercise last night either!!! I did walk my doggies, but I was just too tired. I will make up for it tonight. I have the grandchildren overnight and after they run me ragged, I'll do my Turbo program.
lovinet - Glad to see you're still on track, I was hoping that you would check in--good job!

Well, hang in there girls, I see the finish line just ahead.

There is another 10 day challenge posted by Zennifer. I was unclear as to exactly when it is starting though. Check out her new thread.

Have a great evening!!
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 159/146/120

Height: 5'0"

Well my knee seems to be better today .Looks like I'll get to finish the challege.My niece did Turbo Sculpt with me tonight.And then she talked me into doing Ab Jam .Talk about burn. My abs were on fire. You can really tell its working. One More Day.
iluvkomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:05 AM   #193  
Determined 2 meet my goal

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5.4

Hello everyone, I am back.
I was in some pain for the last couple of days. So, I had to skip the workout and the gym for a day. I suffer from thyroid disease and sometimes it flares up and makes it unbearable to swallow and to just have energy.
But, I did my work out today-Cardio Party and the Abs Dvd.

I just want to know if our group plans on doing another 10 day challenge.

Also, I want to buy the other dvd's: cardio party 2 and 3 and the lower body jam and all of the others-does anyone know of a cheaper way to get them all.

Tracy
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:43 AM   #194  

Day 9.

One more day to go! Today I did 20-minute and CP! Everything is getting so much easier now. Although, I was getting a little rough with the part where you have to lift one leg 8 times and then switch sides, and I heard my ankle snap. LOL. But I'm okay. It doesn't hurt now or anything!

After day 10, if we're going to do another 10-day thing, I'm going to incorporate my ab workouts into this, because doing only CP and TS all the time is getting a bit old!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #195  

Good Morning Jammers,

I did the Live Sculpt DVD uesterday, and I really like it. I think I likt better than the Turb Sculpt. My legs are really sore today. Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and take my measurements again. Gotta run, hope everyone has a good day!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote