Old 06-16-2006, 01:11 PM   #166  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Thumbs up 5 Days And Counting - Tgif

TGIF Jammers

We've made it through our first week and now the true test comes--Saturday and Sunday. Are you ready? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm very determined to stay on track because I have just worked to darn hard this past week to backslide.

I did the CP last night and it was a bit easier, but still was dripping when I finished. My BF walked in right as I had finished and said, "I know you've been standing in the hot garage-not working out!" Now he was just kidding, but I just said, "How did you guess?" Then he told me that he is beginning to see some results already!

Friday is "jeans day" at work and I thought I would try a pair that I haven't been able to zip all the way--guess what they zipped right up and feel comfortable instead of "TIGHT!" Soooooo, I just had to weigh - down only 2 lbs, but I'm pleased.

I think the one thing that saddens me about the whole process is that I have waited so long to finally get myself in better shape--weight and health wise. I know that it's not good to dwell on the past--so I won't. I had no idea that websites like this existed and what a blessing it would be to my desire to change my life. Thanks to the sisters who started this site-- I'm wondering if they know how many lives they have touched?

OK, I have some errands to run during my lunch, but I plan to post to each of you in my next message.

FYI-- I have have kept a log of the # of posts and views on our thread since Monday. We are really being "watched!" Now some of the views are our replies, but our thread is very popular. I hope we are inspiring others to use TJ as a means to improve health and lose those pounds. Here are the stats from Monday-Friday. I recorded them when I first logged on in the AM.

Monday.........Posts - 101........Views - 1,004
Tuesday........Posts - 116.........Views - 1,123
Wednesday....Posts - 140.........Views - 1,329
Thursday.......Posts - 152.........Views - 1,474
Friday...........Posts - 162.........Views - 1,640

Would someone who has Internet access at home please jot down the stats for Saturday and Sunday. I'm just curious as to the progression over the weekend.

Going to lunch..

Linda
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #167  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemunchkin
Good Morning Jammers!

I have to admit that I could not finish all the CP last night. I started to feel really light headed about half way through and I had to stop. I think it could be that I am exercising before I have dinner...so I might need to change that. I have my afternoon snack at 3:00, and then I usually do not eat dinner untill I finish working out, which it at about 8:00. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Oh, I wish I could eat earlier, but I get out of work at 6:00 and by the time I pick up the little ones and get home it's 7:00.

Thanks all!

It's good to have some something before a workout - a protein shake or bar - a banana with peanut butter - something like that. I'll look into this more because I know I've heard a lot of recommendations on what to have before working out, I just can't remember. What I do remember is that you should have some chocolate milk AFTER working out. Another thing is to drink water before, during and after. If you are dehydrated, it will also make you light headed. Good luck!!!! (I also have to eat about every 3 hours.)

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #168  

Thank you so much Darcy, Turbomimi and Teri for your kind words and encouragement!!!! They mean a lot.

Julie - YEAHHHH FOR you on the a.m. exercise time. My hats off to you - I am so not a morning person and when I did exercise in the morning when my kids were little - it was more like 10:00! HA I know my husband woke me up early and I went to the bathroom even though I only had 30 minutes before my alarm went off and he said, why don't you stay up - I'm like are you NUTS!!! I have 30 minutes I can shut my eyes! I love to sleep. I should have gotten up and did some dishes or something but the thought of that makes me want to go back to bed too! HA

Turbomim!!!!! How AWESOME that one, your BF notices the changes and that your clothes are feeling better on. To me, that is the biggest thing - feeling better in my clothes and of course, when people make comments, it gives you a fuzzy feeling inside.

I just got back from the clinic and I am down to 177 pounds - that means I have lost 6 pounds since I started this new eating plan - despite having a gas station cappucino yesterday for breakfast. I can do this - as long as I don't have to be good all the time, I can be good most of the time and that is what matters. They were so excited for me. WOW - what a difference from hearing that I'm depressed and being made to feel like it's all in my head - my symptoms and not being able to lose weight for soooo long. Now, I've lost six pounds a few times in the last 3 years but always gained them back despite not making any changes - this time will be different though - I can just feel it. I did Punch, Kick and Jam last night - I LOOVE that workout.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Being organized is what will make the biggest difference. If you have an eating plan laid out and follow most of it, you'll be able to stick to it alot easier. Or at least that is what I find to be true for me. If I don't, in the past, weekends were always "free" days for me and even though I never ate alot, it was always the things that weren't good for me - I treated myself all weekend instead of having one treat each day. Try and get a walk or bike ride in there too if not a turbo jam workout. I need to do that myself!!!!! It's not easy though.

Rachelle
Old 06-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #169  
~*Andrea*~

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Talking Half way Mark!!

HI Ladies!!!

YAY!! were half way done! The first five days were kinda tough getting into the rhythm of the videos, but since were done them for a week it should be all downhill from here and we'll be just at energetic as Chalene!! My energy level is way better than it was 5 days ago!

mookiemunchkin--You mentioned being light headed during your workout due to lack of food. You are definately right. when you workout your body is using all the fuel it can find to replenish itself. If your working out on an empty tummy your body will let ya know. Something quick and healthy may be some cottage cheese? I usually have a Luna Bar as a snack.

Rachelle is right on the money with staying hydrated before during and after a workout. I'm gonna try the chocolate milk Rachelle, I love chocolate milk! well chocolate anything!! I usually have a protein mix within an hour AFTER working out. It makes me feel full and calms me down. My dad always says that protein shakes after a workout help to replenish the muscles for becoming as sore, or tearing and overall helps eliminate any discomfort from a workout and help bring out that "good feeling" chalene talks about! My dad helped me find a cheap protein powder that will get the job done. I got the "Premium whey protein" chocolate flavor at wal-mart, it was about 9-11 dollars. Just as good as the ones a GNC but definately not as expensive, and it tastes good too...just mix it in some skim or fat free milk before or after your workout. It makes me feel better it may help you feel better to!

I'm gonna go do CP now, i'll come back after the workout...
dreamy_drea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #170  

Smile

Thanks guys for the advise. I will try some of them tonight. I'm still gonna work out anyway. I peeked at the scale this morning, and I am only down 1 lb. But I guess it's better than gainning 1 lb.

I'll be leaving work soon, and I do not have internet access at home. I will staying on track during the weekend, and thinking of all of you guys jammin'.

Let's make it a good weekend!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #171  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Mookiemunchkin - Don't say "only 1 lb" That's less than you weighed on Monday.. Keep that positive attitude and have a great weekend!!
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 238/238/150

Height: 5'3

I'm late starting but better late than never! I Did learn and burn today and the only thing that I can look forward to is knowing that eventually I will get better. Some of the moves where just too many steps for me. I'm glad to get started though. Here are my stats:

Chest: 37 (measuring under my breasts right?)
Upper Arm: 16
Waist: 39
Hips: 47
Thigh: 28
Starting weight: 216
talk to everybody later!
natascharenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #173  
Dee

S/C/G: 172/158/150

Height: 5' 6''

Default 5 days to go...

Hi everyone, I didn't workout today. I need a break. I was feeling very exhausted yesterday so I decided that my body needed this one day break. A few weeks ago when I did the 10/10 plan I skipped a few days of working out but I ALWAYS ate well. I DID stick to that plan for 10 days! I still lost 8lbs so I figure it wouldn't hurt to skip a day of CP. I'll just do extra tomorrow. Also, on the days that I skipped those workouts I was outside gardening, removing wallpaper from my bathroom, painting the bathroom and washing the car. So I DID keep myself busy. Oh yeah, that does remind me...that is why I missed those workouts cause I was trying to do other things. Not a good enough excuse to miss a workout but hey, I wasn't sitting on the couch with a bag of popcorn! haha Well, after I eat my salad for dinner, I'll go walking for an hour. I'm bored anyways! Keep up the good work guys!!!
luvhandlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:59 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 159/146/120

Height: 5'0"

Smile Day5

I almost talked myself into not working out tonight. I took my Mom shopping today and my knee has been a little sore so I thought I'll just skip tonight.But the PARTY was calling me so I thought I'll try it and see how it goes and before I knew it I was through. everbody. Stay strong.
iluvkomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #175  
Determined 2 meet my goal

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5.4

Hello Ladies,
I am back today. You would not believe my schedule in the last couple of days. I run two businesses and work full time and I was so exhaused . I did skip the workout on one of the days but I ran/power walked for 60 minutes in the morning.

I have been at in conference at church which was lasting till about 11pm and then or course people always love to eat after church. I did good when we went to VI but did not like eating that late.

So by the time I got home from the restuarant it was almost 1 in the morning and there was no way I was going to workout. So, I went off to bed. Then the next day, I had to skip my run/walk due to my business-had an early client. I felt guilty because that is my issue all the time-never enough time.

I work full time as a director in a faith-based afterschool ministry program for youth ages 7-19 and it can be exhausting, so yesterday, guess where the field trip was? To the zoo. I am not a big fan of the zoo. I actually hate the zoo but we were short on staff, so I had to go. To make matters worst, it is also the College World Series here in Omaha, and people everywhere. And I wore the wrong shoes. My feet hurt so BAD . But, I made it through. After work, off to church. From church to the restuarant, again. Then home by 12 midnight.
BUT, I got up this morning determined to get right back on track. 6 am Cardio Party. For some reason, I wanted to give up, I did not! I was experiencing the worst shoulder pain ever. I had to stop a few times then I prayed for strength and got back in there and finished. Now off to take my teenager to work and then come back do the AB dvd.

I want to do Cardio again when I get back from Des Moines today, so hopefully, I will be caught up. I just wish I had more time in the day. Oh well, I will make it, I am so determined.

Thanks for the all of the encouragements in your postings, I look forward to reading them all. I think we have a great group. Keep up the hard work, we will make it.

Last edited by sigma3; 06-17-2006 at 09:26 AM.
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #176  
Determined 2 meet my goal

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5.4

Default Successful milestones

yayayay, I checked my measurements this morning and I am so sosososososososo happy
since my last measurements in the beginning, I have lost inches. yayayayay
This was on 6/12/2006
weight: 188
height: 5'4 1/2
Chest: 38
Arms: 12.5
Waist: 39.5
Hips: 44
Thighs: 27/26

Today 6/17/2006
weight-did not get on the scale yet.
Chest:38
Arms: 13-gained muscle, not mad at all
Waist: 33 3/4
Hips 43 1/2
Thighs: 26/25
yaya, just wanted to encourage others to keep going.

I can only expect better results by giving it more. I love the AB workout. I can see a difference in my abs and I am so happy. Have a good one everyone.
Tracy
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #177  

Height: 5'8"

Natasharenee~I may have done it wrong, but when I measured my chest, I measured across the largest part of my bustline. I am not sure what everyone else did.
Hope this helps.
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 02:42 AM   #178  

Day 5 and 6.

Sorry I didn't check in last night! I was cleaning the place, expecting a guest (who didn't come by the way. Yay. More workout time for me!)

Sooo...I ran out of food. Ha. I mean I need to go grocery shopping again. So I've been eating from Subway for the past two days. My boyfriend gets Monday and Tuesday off, so we're going grocery shopping then. I'm also going to look for some new protein powders. What's the difference between soy and whey protein powders?

So...I worked out and ate as expected. I was a good girl! I didn't end up going anywhere with MIL today, and I HOPE that she doesn't come pick me up tomorrow, because she's going to take me to a place where there's no healthy food, and I hate that! When I don't eat, they think I'm either pregnant or their cooking is bad...But I'm just trying to avoid unhealthy things, ya know? They're a little weird.

I'm having a little trouble with balance. Sometimes, when I kick back, I try to avoid the furniture, and I lose my balance. I think I need to move my furniture around. The hardest part for me in CP is the quad stretch. I cannot stand on one leg without eventually falling over. If you watch carefully, Mindy (the "southern belle" who does the low-impact moves) had to put her leg down to catch her balance in one of the quad stretches. So I guess even pros fall over!

I wish I'd sweat more from CP than TS for some reason, but it's the other way around.

I've basically got the 20-minute workout down, since I do it as a warm-up before every single workout. Hehe! I feel a sense of accomplishment! My next goal: to master CP 1!

Yesterday was day 10 since I personally started my workout, and I took measurements then, and I took one today. So here are the results I'd like to share with you:

Losses:
Weight - 4.2 pounds
BFP - 1.7%
Chest - None (THANK GOD!)
Left arm - .5 inches
Right arm - .75 inches
Waist - 2.5 inches
Hips - 1 inch
Left thigh - 1 inch
Right thigh - 1 inch
Total: 6.75 inches!

Yay!!! I can't wait til OUR 10 days are over!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #179  

Smile 10 day challenge

Ladies,
I havent been able to log in for several days but I have been trying to stay on track. In the end I wasnt able to get the groceries and follow the diet plan completely but I have been watching my food and exercising consistently. I measured myself and so it looks like I have made progress :-)
6/17/06
Chest 36
right arm 11
left arm 11
waist 36 - Made a mistake on Monday, should have typed 36.5 not 34.5
hips 38
right thigh 21
left thigh 21
weight 147

I have lost 4 inches and 3 pounds so far.
I have to confess that I am finding it hard to believe because I have not been this disciplined over a short period of time before so I couldnt believe it when I was measuring my arms and it showed I had lost an inch.

Thank you all for being here!!!!!
turbogeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:30 PM   #180  

I am so HAAAPPPY for you Turbogenie and Hamster!!!!!!!!!!!! It just makes all your hard work seem worth it. Those changes whether they are small or big - make a person feel so good!!!!!!

Hamster - if you want for awhile I would grab a chair or some furniture high enough to hold onto when doing the quad stretches. With Tae Bo, Billy always said to grab a chair even for kicks until you get the balance thing. And I bet it will come the more you do kickboxing. I know it did for me. I sometimes have to hold onto my entertainment center - especially if I don't stay hydrated throughout the workout, I find I am more off balance. It was funny - I bowl part-time and after I bowled and was walking back to the table, I did a back kick (hoping it would knock all the pins down - believe me, I need all the help I can get when it comes to bowling!!! LOL) and some of my teammates who saw were impressed - so who KNOWS when you'll be able to use your kicks!!!!! Can't remember if it worked (knocked the pins down.)

I was down 4 oz. yesterday and another 2 oz. this morning. OMG, after three years of the darn scale NOT moving very much, it is sooooo good to see little changes - I feel like I'm getting somewhere now.

PS - I heard that Cardio Party 4 is in the works!!!!!!!! There is a rumor that Chalene is going to do some ball work for sculpting - I don't know if it's just for abs or not. I am excited about that because I feel like I work my abs better on the ball and the times I have done chest presses on the ball, I feel it more too. So we shall see. Chalene will also be on QVC again this week - in the morning on Thursday at 4 - 5 am PSt, 7 - 8 am EST and again at 3 to 4 pm PST, 6 to 7 pm EST.

Rachelle