Old 06-14-2006, 03:04 AM   #136  
~*Andrea*~

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Smile No Pain No Gain?

Hey Hamster...
No, You do not have to wake up sore in order for it to be a good work out. As long as you feel better then the workout served its purpose. If you say your dripping sweat then thats the calories melting right off! I know that when i'm sweaty and Chalene starts making me jump around, especially the turbo part, i can feel the sweat flick off the tip of my nose! lol! it's kinda gross but a good feeling! I also workout on carpet and i workout barefoot or with some socks, i usually just get outta bed and jam!
dreamy_drea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:38 AM   #137  

I'm back!
I couldn't get on here & then I was gone~went to friends to celebrate divorce.
I did my cardio party Monday but not Tuesday~I did something to the back of my legs......I'm gonna try it tonight.I've been doing TJ everyday so it was weird not doing it yesterday.
Looks like everyone is a jammin crazy so I'll be getting crazy too!
I'm ready to P~A~R~T~Y the Turbo Jam way!!!
I'll check back in later!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:38 AM   #138  
Determined 2 meet my goal

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5.4

This morning I seem to be dragging. I woke up with terrible allergies, and today is expected to be really hot in Nebraska. But, I perserved and went to the gym-it seems like eternally to power walk and run for 60 minutes. I switched shoes this morning because I had mentioned before about the pain in my feet. I have several pairs of Nike Shox's but never used them to work out in, just for fashion. Try a pair today while on the treadmill and my feet feel somewhat better. I have flat feet and I really try and concentrate on heel to toe while working out.

Bbobsgrl-thanks for the advice on the Nike Shox, I plan on going out today and buying a pair. I want to do the workout barefoot but I am afraid of slipping on my carpet. Also, kudos for the WOWY. I still don't understand how the site fully works but I will in time.

Well, everyone, have a great day and Keep TJ alive!!!!!!!!

P.S. my 18 year old daughter WATCHED me to the CP last night and even I could not get her to do it with me(yet), she was impressed by the dance movements. She said they really jammmmm. It made me smile to know that my 18 year old was impressed by the video and I do expect she will do it with me tonight. My sister and her friend is expected to come by and work out too.......ya the more the better.
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #139  

Hellow Jammers!

I did my CP last night, I too was sweatng like pig! I am not as sore as I was yesterday, but I feel it in my waist. I have never done the Scuplt video yet, so tonight will be my first time. Do I need to get hand weights? Can someone give me some advise there? Gotta get back to work, let's keep jammin'!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 159/146/120

Height: 5'0"

mookiemunchkin- I tried the Sculpt and I couldn't do it with weights yet. But I'm out of shape. Chalene said you can do it without them.
iluvkomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:37 AM   #141  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Hey Jammers,

After reading all the posts since I signed off yesterday, I am so proud of everyone!!! My doc was pleased that I finally am taking his advice to lose the weight and exercise. Type 2 diabetes runs in my family and although my blood sugar levels are OK right now, some indicator shows that I am starting to show insulin resistance. That's all it took - really motivate me. That and the fact that I am really enjoying the Turbo Jam Workouts!!! I was amazed how quick it went last night. I still can't do the back kick properly. My right knee was hurting this morning so I need to change my technique or stop trying to kick so high.

I need to get to work this morning so I don't have time to respond to each of you at this time. I am so proud of everyone and thanks for your dedication to the challenge and to yourself!!

Linda
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:17 AM   #142  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 166/152/140

Height: 5'9"

Hello all, I did a 10 day challenge ending today. I ate *some* of the foods on the program but I did the 10 workouts (advanced rip rotation)

Really I just wanted to fill out that little card you get with the first set (the before and after 10 workouts) So here are my results.

weight 150 (148) - 2 lbs
Hips 39 (38.75) -.25
Waist 28 (27.75) -.25
Right thigh 24.75 (24.25) -.25
Left Thigh 24.25 (23.75) -.50

It does say you can loose UP TO 10 lbs and 10 inches but I'm pretty sure that is for people that are really overweight. I am happy with my results and I really like the Advanced Rip rotation (uses all turbo jam dvds)

I am excited and motivated to keep going. I have 20 days left in the rotation.

Last edited by kindred; 06-14-2006 at 11:30 AM.
kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #143  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Kindred- Thanks for sharing with our group. I think this has reinforced what I said before we began. We won't all lose the 10 lbs and 10", but you are 2 lbs lighter and have lost 1.25". You are closer to your goal now then when you began. It is true that the more we have to lose, the faster it comes off in the beginning. As we come closer to our goal (i.e., those last 10- 15 lbs) it is more difficult to lose. Sometimes we just lose 8 ozs (or 1/2 lb) a week.

I'm hoping that everyone who is participating in the 10-day kick start challenge will be pleased with their loses. That's why we will all be winners when we complete Day 10.

Your post was timed perfectly for us.

Thanks again and good luck in reaching your final goal weight.

Linda
Old 06-14-2006, 02:52 PM   #144  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I cannot believe how busy it has been here since my last check in!! I am so glad to see everyone is so motivated, it helps to keep me going too!

I have to admit that I had a moment of weakness this morning and was tempted to skip my workout. I did not wake up until 6am, so it threw me off my regular schedule and it would have been so easy to make excuses and skip it, but then I thought of all of you and decided not to let you guys or myself down. So, even though you did not know it, you all got me through my workout this morning! Thank you!

My eating has been pretty good so far, and should improve now, since I will not be spending as much time at my boys school and eating lunch there. They are pretty healthy lunches, but not exactly following the 10 day plan.

I wish I had more time to chat, but gotta run for now. I will check back in a little bit.
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #145  
Dee

S/C/G: 172/158/150

Height: 5' 6''

Talking 7 days to go and I'm feelin FFFINE!!

Hey everyone! Just a reminder, don't stress about how much weight you're losing! The key is to concentrate on getting your workouts done and eating healthy! When I did the 10/10 last time I lost 8lbs. But I made sure that I didn't start to weigh myself until about the 6th day! Because I know that if I wouldn't have seen that scale move the next day that I was gonna think that this was another weight loss failure! I'm so glad that I waited to weigh myself cause it was well worth it! Muscle burns fat! And I don't know about the rest of you but I surely could use some muscle to burn some fat! We only have 7 days to go! I can't believe that we've already been through 3 days! Again, just because we finish our 10 days, that doesn't mean we go out and celebrate with some cake! haha We still need to eat somewhat healthy and keep doing our workouts! I'll still be here to support everyone after our 10 days! I'm not giving up this time. That's what these jelly rolls want me to do and they ain't gonna win this fight!!!!
luvhandlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:57 PM   #146  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Hey Jammers!! We made it through "Hump Day". I have been so busy at work, but now I can brag about how well we are all doing I wanted to mention that the salmon and asparagus was very tasty, but I like both of very much. I fixed dinner for by BF and he had a baked potato with the works. I was very proud that I really was full with what I ate. He also made a comment about my dedication to the challenge!!

I haven't done the Turbo Sculpt, but I have watched it when I first received my package. I also got notification that my Turbo Maximum has been shipped. I used the $25.00 coupon I got when I joined the BeachBody Support Free Trial. I wanted to have them on hand for the final moulding of my bod....LOL...that will be a bit down the road, but I want to ensure that I will make it down that road!!

Dee - Thanks for reminding us again that it is best not to weigh everyday. Our body's fluctuate with water weight and I don't plan to weigh again until Saturday morning.

Also, I just thought that we will post our results on Thursday, June 22 because we need to finish out our 10th day before we post. I have put everyone's stats into an Excel worksheet so I can post the total pounds and inches lost by the group. That has always amazed me. When I used to go to WW they would announce the total of lbs lost that week so thought we would do the same for our challenge.

Does anyone know where to purchase the workout bra that Chalene were's in the DVD's. I noticed that she had one on clearance on her Turbo Kick website, but only in size D to DD, Just a tad too large for me.

Everyone seems to be sticking to their commitment and I don't know about you, but these first three days have gone fairly fast for me. I know the real challenge for us all will be Sat & Sun. Just try to think about how hard you have worked for the whole week and your accountability to the group.

Need to go home and let my little Schnauzers out. They both look at me while I'm Jammin - sure wish I could read their minds. The first day I tried Turbo Jam they hide in other rooms, I think they thought I had lost it!! They were used to seeing me sit in that recliner and eat. Well got to go --have an appointment with Chalene and the group!!

Have a great evening and check in with us tomorrow.

Boy!! We have some true "Night Owls" out there, I see posts at midnight and at 2:00 a.m--but at least you do check in--that says a lot!!

Later,
Linda
Old 06-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #147  

Day 3.

Hello! Today was a little rough for me, exercise-wise. My heart was into it, but my body was not. Actually, before I started jammin' today, I wanted to do Cardio Party + 20 Minute Workout + Turbo Sculpt, but ended up doing only the first two (20 minute and Cardio Party, to compensate for mistakingly doing Turbo Sculpt on the first day!). Even then, I wasn't moving as vigorously as I would have liked.

Nevertheless, I ate well. I was thinking maybe it was what I ate that affected my exercise. I had brown rice and chicken for lunch, at 2 pm and waited til 6 pm to exercise. Even then, I still felt a bit full and lazy. Hm!

Tomorrow, I'm going to exercise in the morning, on an empty stomach, and see how that goes. I used to always do that with Yourself!Fitness, and had a bunch of energy throughout the workout. But then again, Y!F isn't nearly as intense as TJ.

Turbomimi - Saturday's going to be a bit tough for me for sure. I am to have dinner with my MIL-to-be, and she likes shoving things in my mouth. When I refuse, she asks why. Ugh. SHE KNOWS WHY! But I was with her this past weekend at a cookoff, and I managed to eat healthy. I'm sure I'll do fine.

dream_drea - I tried putting shoes and socks on today. Five minutes into Cardio Party, I threw off my shoes. Five minutes later, I took off my socks. LOL. I guess I feel more secure with my feet touching the carpet. I guess I don't mind stepping on my own little drops of sweat on the carpet from time to time.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:09 AM   #148  

Hamster, it's okay to listen to your body. Some days it does need a rest day - at least you did the 20 minutes. Every minute DOES help.

On a side note, someone on another message board posted that she didn't even do a Cardio Party for TWO WEEKS when she first started and she still lost 2" in her stomache. So by just doing the Learn & Burn and the 20 Minute, you still can lose inches and for some, weight.

I also like my Nike Ballos - I think I should have gotten a 9 though but they only had them in 9.5. Sometimes it doesn't offer enough support and my feet start to hurt - but I normally wear orthodics so that could be the problem too. I have to look in my magazines - I remember reading that Asics was coming out with a shoe that had the smooth bottom at the front like the Ballos - they sure make working out on carpet very nice!!!!!

I am so excited to see everyone posting - even if you didn't have an easy day - truthfully, if it was easy, we all wouldn't be trying to lose weight and get healthy. It is hard work. What I think is so great is that there is so much support here - I've been on boards where people tell you what you are doing wrong, what you should be doing, etc. I don't find that very helpful - I know what I'm doing wrong and what I should be doing - it's just implementing it all that I have the hard time with. I have asked for help and so the above doesn't pertain to that - then I have to expect to get the truth!!!

It is important to keep posting. And please don't feel bad if the day didn't go as well as you wanted. Tomorrow is a new day!!!! When I first started the 10-10 plan, I figured if I had a bad day, I would just make it an 11-10 plan but you know what - I figured it out - this is a lifetime plan - what we are doing NOW is only going to help us in the future. We might not follow that plan for more then the 10 days, but we will get something out of it after those 10 days are up - whether it's a favorite recipe (for example, I'm still eating the Healthy Waldorf Salad) or the exercising (another example is that I'm still doing Turbo Jam at least 4 days out of the week - 2 days cardio and 2 days cardio & sculpting).

Hang in there!!!!! It'll start going by even faster now for you.

I lost one more pound!!! Well, actually 3 because of the two I gained over the weekend. I'm at 177!!!! WAhOOOOO! I did a Taebo Bootcamp workout tonight instead of TJ - I haven't done Taebo in forever. Here I though I started Taebo 7 years ago but it was 8!!!! I can't believe how fast time goes!!!!

Take care everyone - get a good nights sleep!!!!! Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #149  
Determined 2 meet my goal

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5.4

Hello everyone, I've done the Turbo Sculpt and the Ab Jam. WOW, that is all I can say right now. See ya, in the morning.
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:50 AM   #150  

I did the cardio party last night~I'm off a day,but will double up when I'm able.
I LOVE doing TJ~I feel like a NEW woman after doing it!Not just a sweaty,stinky woman either
Here's to looking & feeling better in 7 days!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote