Old 06-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #106  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm afraid I'm going to have to postpone my 10/10 until the next go around. I've been feeling sick today and with the Houston trip the day after tomorrow for the rest of the week, it's just going to be too hard to really buckle down like I wanted to.

I think I'm going through some stress, anxiety, and nerves this week. It's nerve racking since we don't know if hubby truely has the job or not. I'm putting all my hope on it so that he doesn't have to stay in the Army and go to Iraq.

So I'm postponing my challenge until the next go around. I do wish everyone good luck and happy Turbo-ing. I'm going to try to do the workouts as much as I can, but I don't want my stress to interfere with the challenge.

I hope everyone has great results!!!
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #107  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies, I would love to joing as well, but mine is not here yet! I ordered about week ago, and still haven't got it!

tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #108  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Thumbs up

I thought I would check in before retiring for the night. I completed the Cardio Party workout today, as planned. I had a lot of energy...I guess taking a rest day yesterday really paid off. One down, 9 more to go!

Turbomimi ~~ Thanks again for all of your motivation and support...you're a natural. To answer your question re: eating dinner...I try to eat no later than 7p...so with my schedule, I normally have to eat first and work out after my food has settled. I don't sleep well if I eat after 7p.

Nail-lady ~~ I use S~parkpeople to track my activity. TJ is not listed there either, so I use Tae-Bo. The calorie burn from Tae-Bo is probably a bit higher, but there shouldn't be that big of a difference. If fitday doesn't list TB, then try kickboxing.

Sunshine ~~ Congratulations on your 3 lb. weight loss...that is awesome.

ChefBran ~~ Sorry that you're not feeling well. Just join us whenever you're ready.

For everyone still waiting on their DVDs to arrive...I hope they come soon. I ordered my first set of TJ from QVC...received it in 4 days...ordered the Maximum Results package from BB and it took approx. 3 weeks, which was very frustrating. Hang in there 'cause it's worth the wait.

Okay, I'll sign off for now. Good night everyone.

Last edited by bbobsgrl; 06-12-2006 at 11:50 PM.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:50 PM   #109  

Actually according to my HRM, I burn more calories with Turbo Jam then I do with TaeBo!!! It's as close as you will get though - that is what I used too when I was using Sparks.

Rachelle (I did Fat Blaster (LOVE THAT ONE!) and 3T so I could get my sculpting out of the way - I'll do another sculpting workout Wednesday)
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:55 PM   #110  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Rachelle ~~ I was just assuming the calorie burn for Tae-Bo was higher, just because Billy can be so intense sometimes (for my taste anyway - lol). That statement wasn't based upon anything tried or true. It's good to know the calorie burn is about the same.

Good job on working out. Keep it up.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:59 AM   #111  
Determined 2 meet my goal

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5.4

Late Monday night almost 2 midnight
Turbomimi-sorry I had not made any postings, working sosososososoos hard. I began the 10 day challenge today, had to do it around 10 p.m. at night. I finished the Cardio Party and still had enough energy to do the Abs Jam. I feel so sosososososoosos good.
Off to the gym in the morning also-I try to work out 5 days a week on the treadmill(power walking and running for 60 minutes) and then some weight training. I was doing a Body Pump class but I developed pains in my wrist from the weight bar and had to quit the class.

After reading some of your replies, I can relate. I am a single mother of 3 girls: 21, 18 & 16. I want to feel better about my body. I have always been skinny then the middle age hit . And I discovered I had thyroid disease in which the dr's gave me medication to slow my metobolism down, this in turn caused me to be tired all the time and gain weight instantly.

My goal in doing the Turbo Jam is to reclaim my confidence back. I won't ever dare go out on a date until I loose the weight I gain. So, I am really trying hard to meet this challenge and to go beyond. So, I want to lose the weight plus gain my life back.

Got on the scale and since I have started doing the 20 minute workout since last week,and changing my eating routine plus the gym- I have lost 5 lbs. even with my mother nature visiting.
Here are my measurements:
Name: Tracy
Age 38
weight: 188
height: 5'4 1/2
Chest: 38
Arms: 12.5
Waist: 39.5
Hips: 44
Thighs: 27/26

Thanks for the inspiration to do it.
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:29 AM   #112  

Day 1.

I did the 20 minute workout and Turbo Sculpt today, forgetting that there is an actual "workout routine" to follow. Oops! Anyway, I think I'm getting the hang of the 20 minute workout! So yay to that.

So for the next 9 days, I will follow the routine as specified in the brochure. However, I might also do other workouts in addition to it, since I feel better when I do!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:59 AM   #113  
~*Andrea*~

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Talking Kick Off!!

Hey Girls!!
So Monday has already dawned upon us and the Kick-start challenge has finally begun!! Sorry, i'm posting so late it's almost midnight and i just got home from work! I did the Cardio Party in the morning and the energy carried with me throughout the day! An energy feeling is always good!! My boyfriend saw me doing Turbo Jam and said he wanted to try it and now he's doing the 10 day kick start challenge with all of us!!

So...here are my starting stats!

Name: Andrea
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 162
Chest: 36
L Arm: 13.5
R Arm: 13
Waist: 33
Hips: 40
L Thigh: 25
R Thigh: 25

Keep on Jammin'!! I'm excited that i'm not the only one doing the challenge and that there are several of us cross country doing this together! We can do this!!!

dreamy_drea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #114  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I started today off right, got up 5:30 and did my CP, then waited 1 hour to eat. I have to admit that the workout was a little tough this morning and I am wondering if it is because my calories were so low yesterday....What do you think? This is the first time that it seemed to suck all of the energy out of me to finish.

Rachelle~Thanks for the fitday tip, I was putting in kick boxing as 1 word, never thougt to try it as 2! It sounds like you have great support from your guy, that is always helpful. I have seen the ad for Yoga Booty Ballet and it looks like fun, I hope that will be what the bonus is with Max results. thank you for always being a great support!

Teri~Congratulations on the 3lbs!!!! BTW, I love the color you are wearing in the pict on your avatar, it looks fantastic on you!

Turbomimi~21 days huh? I can do anything for 21 days and I will be looking and feeling better for doing it! I am going to stick to my daily workouts even after this 10 day is over, even when company comes! I get up and do my workouts early enough that I should still have the living room to myself when we have a housefull. I may take Sundays off from time to time, but I will not allow myself to stop exercising due to laziness again!

Brandi~Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope that your husband gets that job! Good luck!

Sigma3~Congratulations on the 5lb loss!!!!!

Andrea~That's great that your boyfriend is doing the 10 day too, it is always so helpful to have that support at home!

Will chat with you all again soon!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:46 AM   #115  

Height: 5'8"

I don't know what the problem is with my fitday journal. I have made it public at fitday, then copied and pasted it to my profile, but when I click on it from here, it says there's an error, no journal for this member. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:56 AM   #116  

Day 1 went well for me. I am doing WW so I am following that plan. I must admit the CP was hard for me. Not the moves, because I have those down, but the intensity for 45 min. is what I had problems with. I paced myself and I really feel it in my waist this morning. Is this normal? Well, I'm still gonna keep it up. I guess the more I do CP, the more I will be able to get through it.

I'm at work so I really do not have time for personals right now, will try to catch up with the posts later.

Let! keep Jammin'
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:10 AM   #117  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Thumbs up We Made It Through The First Day- Great Job

Good Morning Jammers!!

ChefBran- I'm sorry that you are not able to join us, but we all understand, the circumstances would be too difficult for you to concentrate of the challenge. I'm not sure who will start the next 10-Day Kick Start, but if necessary - I Will, but not until after July 4th week. I thought I read on the Turbo Jam Thread that Zennifer was planning one on the 20th. For those of you who ordered but not received your TJ DVD's keep that in mind.

Mookiemunchkin - Oh yeah, I feel it in my waist this morning as well! Last night was the first time that I really gave it my all. That Cardio Party is fun, but I was dripping wet and exhausted by the end. The about 30 minutes later I got a second wind. I did a couple loads of laundry before bed. I think the soreness if from doing the "wheels" deeper. Also, I think was was kicking wrong because my right knee is sore this morning--but could be because I haven't really do any cardio for over a year.

Nail-lady - Kudos for you!! I wish I could get up that early to exercise. I used to about 5 years ago, but I do better exercising in the evenings after work. Up until I joined the enthusiastic community, I used to go home, watch Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune and eat too much, then go to bed early because I was just too exhausted Thanks to y'all, I have changed my habits and actually feel so much better about myself. TJ has been a Win-Win situation for us all!!!

Sigma3 - I'm so glad that you chedk-in! Woo Hoo on the 5 lbs, that's great. I admire your motivation as I know that you have a very stressful job and being a single mother is not easy--been there did that. I understand the problem with dating as well. It is difficult to feel "comfortable" on a date if you are not happy with the way you look. I've been doing the dating scene for 6 years now and can tell you for experience that men (regardless of how they look) what to date a HOT Momma, but when you feel good about the way you look, you have the upper hand and can not "SETTLE!" Life is too short to date "UGLY MEN" or even dance with them!!

Hamster - Don't worry about not doing Cardio Party, the brochure states that you may substitue other workouts if you need to. Anyway, you did two workouts, so I'm sure you burned plenty of calories.

Andrea- It is so cool that your bf is joining us. Tell him it takes a "REAL MAN" to Turbo Jam - and he must be a "keeper" if he is willing to support you in that way!!!

bobsgirl - Thanks for continuing to support everyone, you are a doll!!

RAchelle - I'm glad that you posted your pic. You are beautiful inside and out--of course I already knew that because you have been so supportive to anyone who needs motivation and you truly love TJ. It shows!

Ok Confession time I wanted to skip the workout last night - YES I said it!! But, I knew the commitment I had made to the group and I knew that I didn't want to let y'all down. I had to really play the good girl/bad girl thing, but the Good Girl won. After I finally got off my hind-end and did Cardio Party, I felt physically and mentally great. Just wanted to share that because I'm sure some of you may come to that same crossroad and didn't want you to feel that you were alone. (Ok, glad that's over)

Have a great day and kept us posted on how you are doing or if you need help in anyway.
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #118  
Dee

S/C/G: 172/158/150

Height: 5' 6''

Default I'm late......sorry!

Hello everyone! Sorry it has taken me awhile to get with you! I DID start my 10/10 yesterday though. For some reason, I had no energy yesterday. I think it was because I hadn't been eating too healty. For some reason, I just wasn't motivated the past week. BUT, I started 10/10 yesterday because I know that you all are depending on me for support. I don't think I would have been able to do it alone though!! Thanks guys!!! Here are my measurements though:

WEIGHT: 164
HEIGHT: 5'6"
CHEST: 38 1/2
WAIST: 41
HIPS: 42
R THIGH: 24
L THIGH: 24
R ARM: 12
L ARM: 12

I am still feeling quite lazy but I know that after a few days of eating healthy and doing TJ I'll feel a lot better. So just remember, if you are feeling lazy, think of me!!! If I am doing it! SO ARE YOU! haha Take care everyone and good luck!
luvhandlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #119  
Dee

S/C/G: 172/158/150

Height: 5' 6''

Turbomimi: Just wanted to let you know that yes, I was also sore on my side from doing TJ the last time I did the 10/10. It lasted for about 4 days. I was hurting all day everyday but it finally went away. And in the end I lost 8lbs so it was definitely worth it! haha
luvhandlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #120  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Thumbs up Way to Go Dee

Dee,

Thanks for sharing that!!! I can relate to the "lazy" thing--and that is truly what it is. Our mind knows that we need to eat right and exercise, but we just can't get the ole bod to cooperate.

I agree that we are counting on everyone who has commited to the 10-Day Kick Start Challenge to be honest and stick to your committment -Accountability is so important--that is unless you have unlimited and I don't think we'd be on this challenge if we did.

Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by Turbomimi; 06-13-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote