Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #166  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I wanted to chime in I have been doing walking dvd's but today I tried the 30 day shred. L1D1 and it kicked my butt. I watched it before I tired and I thought piece of cake..picked up my 7lbs wieghts and only got part way through and traded those in for 4lbs....and towards the very end had 2lbs...with girlie push ups....I am convinced I am a wuss and need some serious easing into this.

tomorrow I will do some cardio then plug L1D2 on my list
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #167  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

LOL - I thought the same thing after I previewed it. Level 1 just doesn't look that bad! Maybe it's having perspective now, but I'm a bit intimidated by 2 & 3. Oh, and just recently decided to move back up to 5 lb weights. Nope - back to 3!

Anyway, I do better hitting 30DS fresh, then resting and doing more cardio. The other way around doesn't work real well for me. So you might want to switch it up if it's still rough after the cardio.
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #168  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Talina – I am totally going to check out that site you posted. To be honest, 100 push ups sounds scary!! haha

Jelder – I totally noticed that! Did you also see that on jump rope near the beginning that Anita totally slacks and jumps from one foot to the other?! After I read your comment yesterday it got me paying attention to them, haha. Man was it funny! Did you see that Jillian actually missteps during butt kicks at one point? hehe
For some reason I find that first circuit more difficult than the other ones.. hmm

Azulfire – That is super awesome that you’ve seen inches coming off! Sometimes it’s nice to be able to put on a new pair of smaller pants or a smaller shirt instead of seeing the scale move.

Nancylmrn – Trust me that the first day was pretty difficult for me too. You’re great for sticking with the hand weights! I had to put them down completely on that first day. Now that you mention it, I’ve come a ways.. I can do all of them with my 5lb weights now! Gees, I didn’t even realize… Thanks!!

I also do the video first and then hop on the elliptical for some cardio. I figure it’s good that my heart rate is already up, but I also haven’t tried it the other way around. I get to start L2D1 today and and scared out of my pants. Previous posters have me worried I won’t be able to do it. I know I just need to ignore what they said and just do it the best I can… so I have the rest of the day to convince myself I can do the entire level 2 workout! Even if I have to put down the weights for the first day.
Not sure if I mentioned here, but I am about over my cold and I really think the working out has helped me to recover quicker! For that I am so happy to be doing my workout today! So there! :P
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #169  
Work in Progress

ok day two...did watp for 4 miles then popped in 30 day and it still kicked my butt but I stuck it out. Yes I had to stop a few times but most of the stopping was when I was using the hand weights and a few steps in cardio.

I know I will get stronger and maybe someday actually get through level one without stopping????
Old 07-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #170  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Nancy I felt the same way you did after the first time or two, but now im liking it!! I use to live in the Beautiful pacific NW too!!

Stargazer I do my jump rope from one foot to the other but give it some more umph to it, just like Anita or as I like to visulize a boxer....Yeah I noticed Jillian misstepping, but she has great recovery time don't you think? I have viewed the other circuits, but have yet attempted them yet, I think I want to finish the first 30 day at level 1. not sure yet.

Jelder, I too do more cardio after or later in the day , doing the cardio before I know I wouldn't have the strength to get through it.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #171  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

OK - Day 9 done (I missed 2 days, so sort of day 11)! And I actually got through all of the cardio, without even wanting to stop. When this weight is off I WILL quit smoking. And I did all of those side lunges with the lateral raises or whatever. I know I still need to do another 3 or 4 days on this one before I move to the next level. Just trying to decide if I'd do better moving up to the 5 lb weight and stay on this level another week before moving to level 2. Any thoughts from those further along. Remember, I'm old!

Stargzr - the first circuit is harder - except for the lateral raises the other two circuits are easier by comparison.

Azulfire - I grew up in that area - El Paso! And my parents live in Alto, NM now - not far from you. Actually they were in Las Cruces for a bowling tournament a few weeks ago. Had some interesting times in Las Cruces many years ago . . .

Next challenge - going to Denver for the weekend. Can I still do this for 3 days on vacation, when I'm at 5,200 feet over sea level?
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #172  

Nancylmrn – If your goal is to get through level 1 without resting, I have no doubt you can do it!

Azulfire – There is no shame in going from leg to the other in jump rope! I know I did it a few days once I saw her doing it. haha

Jelder – I am so glad to hear that someone else thinks the first circuit is the hardest! I totally think you can do this during your vacation. I plan to video record the workout on my camera to take with me when I go on vacay the end of this month. I figure by then I don’t really need to see them doing the exercises, I just need to hear her saying what they’re doing and the music so I can keep the beat.

Ok, I did L2D1 yesterday and it wasn’t as bad as others said it was. It was difficult, don’t get me wrong, but I was thinking it would be absolutely horrible! There were many parts that were so hard for me, but I got by with only taking 4 breaks, two of which were on the same exercise. Other people were right, there are a lot of plank exercises in level 2 and I was wishing I had mastered the ‘manly’ push-ups. I do remember my first couple days on level 1 though and they were hard for me, so I am thinking I will get used to the challenge and work it out. Hope everyone’s day was wonderful yesterday and hope to hear of your progress today!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #173  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats on making it to the next level stargzr! And don't worry, your body does seem to improve its endurance to each new level.

I finally finished L3 D10 today and I'm completely hooked on the workout. It certainly hasn't become easy yet so I think I can get another month out of it by combining the levels and mixing and matching them. I'd love to be able to do it at Natalie's level before moving onto another video but I have a feeling I will get bored with the contents before that happens so I'll have to put it aside and build up to it.

Last edited by Sylvied; 07-02-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #174  

Sylvied: Thanks for much for the vote of confidence!! I read it before I left work to go home and do my workout and it really helped me get through today. I actually didn't rest at all! I was so proud of myself. I am still getting used to the order of the workouts and such, so I hesitate a second still to make sure I know what I'm doing... But all in all, no breaks! and I didn't die :P
Old 07-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #175  
Work in Progress

Azulfire thanks for the encourgement do you mind telling me what area you lived in? I am in the south hill/graham area

stargzr thanks for pushing me on!
Sylvied all I can say is wow wow wow I can't wait to be where you are!

well today was L1D3 I made it throught the girlie pushups without stopping whoo hoo had a bit of trouble with jump rope (rested a few beats) same with the butt kicks but was stronger today. after I finished I did watp for 4 miles. It is much easier to do te 30DS first then the cardio. I found that I was impatient for the cardio to end so I could go rest LOL
Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #176  
A Turtle loser

Hi Nancy, i lived in washougal washington, I raised my kids on the washougal river for the last 20 years, I have a son living in Vancouver Washington now. We moved back to new Mexico to get out of the rain.

WTG Stargazer, I have been contemplating the move.L2D1......kick some booty to the curb!!

Jelder I grew up in Capitan but my dad and brother moved to oregon and there I finished high school then I joined the army met my husband who happened to be from the state of washington. we settled in Vancouver as we were both attached to the Vancouver barracks raised our family, my moms side of the Family still live in Ruidoso as does a brother and sis and several nephews and neices...so yeah I know where Alto is and for the life of cannot fathom why people vacation there??? So I have family in oregon washington and here in New Mexico. My husband loves Las Cruces loves the heat the sunshine. When you head to Alto do you go through Roswell?
Old 07-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #177  
A Turtle loser

Its been that time of the month and I have been so tired, a few more days and I hope to be back in the game, I feel so weak now. Tomorrow is my cheat day so I need to get my exercise on.I feel so great when I workout too.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #178  
Work in Progress

OK chickies thought I was dying tonight L1D4 and I did all the push ups without stopping and only stoped on the first jumprope round for 2 sec...so I am getting stronger. then I put in WATP and did the 5 mile burn now I am really pooped out. But the glass of wine should help LOL

I don't know if I will work out tomorrow I will be at the beach most of the day

check back in wth you on sunday
Old 07-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #179  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

So Yesterday I did L2D7..
now i'm trying to motivate myself to do L2D8...
Let's keep it up!!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #180  
A Turtle loser

Ok I got up and did it!! at half way point now, still weak on push-ups.....now bring on the 4th of July BBQ

What is your favorite quote from 30 D shred?, mine so far is

" If you want Results you going to have to Fight for it."

Last edited by Michelle1210; 07-04-2009 at 03:06 PM.