Old 06-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #61  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

had to break yesterday, I was just doing the beginning jumping jacks from level one and dying... I quickly realized I was too sore. So instead I went for a long walk with ankle weights :]

today was day 9 level one and though it's still strenuous in moments I feel like I'm more than ready for level two!
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #62  
I am the lorax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahecasmart View Post
So.. i started the 30DS last night...
I got through about 3/4 of it... so i would say I did L1 D0.75! haha!
It was tough.. it hurt... i was huffing and puffing like a steam train.. but I will go back to it again tonight. woohoo!
That first day I thought I was going to die too!...let's just say I had to take a lot of 5 second breaks my first few days. It's worth it though and your endurance will improve. I promise 30ds does get better and you'll feel it happening. I'm glad you've joined the team :]
Old 06-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralitylikeart View Post
had to break yesterday, I was just doing the beginning jumping jacks from level one and dying... I quickly realized I was too sore. So instead I went for a long walk with ankle weights :]

today was day 9 level one and though it's still strenuous in moments I feel like I'm more than ready for level two!
That's great that you still got exercise in, good job

The jumping jacks hurt me. They actually didn't bother me in level one, but starting with level 2, they hurt all of my joints. ugh.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #64  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

festivus, yes, i do it on the laptop with low volume while watching tv. makes it go by soooo fast...esp the chair squats, pendulum lunges, etc....i look forward to them, bc you can hold your head up in those ones and watch properly!
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #65  
is covered in paint

bahe, great job on getting 3/4 of the way through - we gotta start somewhere! i've said it once and will say it again -- your endurance improves so quickly on this program, you'll be amazed at what you find yourself doing in just a few days.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #66  
I am the lorax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by festivus View Post
That's great that you still got exercise in, good job

The jumping jacks hurt me. They actually didn't bother me in level one, but starting with level 2, they hurt all of my joints. ugh.
haha well today is my last day of level one, and though I'm excited for level 2 I'm also really nervous. I'm sure it's going to be rough...
Old 06-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Cool

Day 8, level one.

I am just so tired all the time lately. Where's the energy boost from all this fitness? Anyway, the shred is still going fine. I can feel the difference already in my arms and abs, though I can't see it. And I can do the first batch of pushups now, plus about four the second time , before I have to modify. But for the first time since I started this diet I have not lost weight all week. I am worn out and I overslept this morning and almost decided to shred tonight instead. I did it anyway, but it was close, and I was late for work but there is almost no chance I would have really shredded tonight. At this point exercise isn't enough of a habit for me that I can slack on my committment to myself. What do you all do when you just feel like you are only going through the motions?
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #68  
I am the lorax.

Done with level 1! I feel so accomplished even though my day ten was well after most of yours...
haha I turned on level 2 to get an idea of it and quickly turned it off, I'll just tackle that tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #69  
I am the lorax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro View Post
Day 8, level one.

I am just so tired all the time lately. Where's the energy boost from all this fitness? Anyway, the shred is still going fine. I can feel the difference already in my arms and abs, though I can't see it. And I can do the first batch of pushups now, plus about four the second time , before I have to modify. But for the first time since I started this diet I have not lost weight all week. I am worn out and I overslept this morning and almost decided to shred tonight instead. I did it anyway, but it was close, and I was late for work but there is almost no chance I would have really shredded tonight. At this point exercise isn't enough of a habit for me that I can slack on my committment to myself. What do you all do when you just feel like you are only going through the motions?
If I get bored with my routine I try and mix it up with something new and fun, for instance I'll kayak or bike or try a new class. That way I'm still working out but it's different. That or I'll go through the goal albums/posts and just remind myself why I'm going through the motions... sometimes it's just what has to be done.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro View Post
Day 8, level one.

Unless it's habit already, there will definitely be challenging days. It is SO MUCH easier if you just don't think about it. When the alarm goes off, don't snooze, just get up and do it. The more you think about it, the more opportunity you give yourself to talk you out of exercising.

I had a weird moment this morning after I finished my last day of level 2 (day 15 or something like that). I thought to myself, will I be doing this for the rest of my life? Or will I get to a point where I can just work out a few days a week and maintain my fitness? Then I wondered how I would keep from getting bored, which is a major challenge for me because I do best when I am on a consistent program (but that can definitely be monotonous).

So, take it one day at a time, that's all you can do. Try and stay out of your mind, and just do it.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #71  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

I just finished L1 D6 this morning and it's starting to feel like a routine, in a good way. Some of the workout is easier but that second round of pushups and the anterior lifts are still killing me. Did anybody find that those got any easier before day 10?

Also, I've been exhausted too but I'm finding that going to bed earlier during the week does help...I'm keeping my grandmother's hours during the week...up with the sun and asleep by 10. It's taking a bit to get used to.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #72  
is covered in paint

sylvied -they definitely got easier, though not easy by any means. and i'm with ya about the granny hours...its saturday and i was up and bouncing around at 7am! so sad.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #73  
is covered in paint

level 2 day 9 done!
i also did pilates for arms and shoulders....and am planning a 7k power walk a little later in the afternoon. who knows though, i might get lazy and do it tomorrow - but hope to get it in today.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #74  
I am the lorax.

level 2 day 1.... holy cow. I had to take 3 five second breaks, pausing the video so I didn't miss a beat. The plank position just doesn't agree with me and apparently it's 80% of level 2. I just always feel like my butt is in the air and when I try to level my back, my arms are no longer directly under me but forward a bit (like a push up) kjsdflskdjfsdklf. Idk if I'm in too confined a space or if my body just would rather look like a tipi but I need to figure it out :/
Old 06-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #75  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks y'all - I think. I'll let you know in a week or so anyway. This workout is rough! I first heard about it here - I have my "fun workouts" that keep me going, but I wanted something to get more in the way of results faster. Especially my arms. I decided to try 30DS for the first time yesterday after two of my other 30 minute workouts. MISTAKE!!! I think I got through 4 minutes and then I died. Fortunately, the first set really is the roughest for me, so today doing it first I survived to the end. Day 1 down . . .

My DH works out of town, and I get to go see him in 26 days - I want results!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote