Old 06-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #46  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

went on a 30ds hiatus for 4 days and man did I regret it when I jumped back in today, my endurace definitely reflected the break. But I started back up because today is a new day!
today was level 1 day 8
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Day 4 for me

And I'm SORE. The first day I thought "hey, this is not so bad, except for the push-ups" but this morning I HURT, and now even picking up my water bottle for a drink is hurting my arm. It is making me very nervous for level 2 (in only 6 days!) so I thought I would sign on here and join in with some fellow sufferers. Also, I have not peeked at level 2, because exercise videos get so boring so fast without spoiling yourself, and I want to maintain the suspense... but will it be okay that I still only do about 10 push-ups and then have to modify from there?

Oh, on the upside, I have lost a couple of pounds since starting it, but it is hard to say if that is related to the video or not, since I am in the first month of my diet and thus have been losing pretty steadily anyway. Also, I have been walking and doing the elliptical in addition to the dvd, because I just dont think it is enough cardio, really.
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #48  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Default day 3

Yeah, I'm wondering about the cardio myself. I think I'm going to try to add more cardio to my workout schedule outside of this video...cuz it's a hard work out but there is a cardio shortage in it.

I still hate those side lunges with weights but I'm getting better at them.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #49  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

level 2, day 7 DONE! i did pilates today too

no shred ysy, just lots of pilates....i forgot how much i loooove it.
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #50  

Default Hello!

Hi everyone! Newbie here. I just got the 30 Day Shred and finished day 2 of Level 1 today. I'm in pretty good shape and do martial arts 5 times a week so when I first put the DVD in I thought "Ok she looks tough but I think I can handle it." I was quite pleasantly surprised at the challenge it was and the nice ache I felt the next day. I'm gonna stick to doing this everyday and hope for results.
Spirit365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Okay, day 5 went a lot better than day 4. The only parts I still struggled with were the anterior raises because I have a weak shoulder. And the pushups, but I did manage a couple more before modifying them. Yay! And good, because I am really going to try to do this every day for thirty days, ten at each level, but I was worried I wouldn't be ready to move on. I feel much better about the whole thing today.
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 140/140/120

Height: 5'7"

I gained weight -_- How is this happening? UGH!
summerskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #53  
cb1

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'6

Hi all... I'm new around here... :-)

I started the 30 day shred about a week and a half ago although I am not doing it everyday because I also run. (and an occasional rest day if I'm just too sore!). But after doing level 1 5 times I thought I was prepared for L2...tried L2 yesterday... and wowzers, that is tough but I made it through... I am already seeing a difference...and I also see the strength improv. reflected in my running.
cb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys! I think I'm on day 13 of Level 2, I wasn't ready to move on yet. I took yesterday off because me knees were bothering me. I'm glad I did because I felt great working out this morning. I was still challenged but able to complete the whole thing confidently. I'm going to continue on level 2 tomorrow and Friday, but will move on to level 3 on Saturday. I'm a little anxious about it.

So I'm not really losing a lot of weight, all though I tend to go overboard on calories on the weekend. I'm fluctuating between 152 and 154, which is a step down from fluctuating from 153 - 156. My body does look much better, it looks like I've lost weight. I'm not really smaller though, no real inches lost, so I'm not sure what my body is up to!
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #55  
is covered in paint

hard to say festivus! i do think though that sometimes it takes our bodies a few weeks to adjust, and to show, and for the weight to really start coming off.

i also feel like i've lost way more inches than what i see in the measuring tape - but i think it's because my whole body is shrinking. for example, my back looks fabulous...but i only measure my chest and waist, so it prob doesn't show. i can definitely say that my clothes are fitting me way better.

i'm not sure if i'm going to do 30DS today...prob later while so you think you can dance is on, and then i'll do a pilates vid as well since i think the episode is 2 hrs!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avie View Post
i'm not sure if i'm going to do 30DS today...prob later while so you think you can dance is on, and then i'll do a pilates vid as well since i think the episode is 2 hrs!
oooooo I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance (dance dance dance...). One my faves, I always forget to watch it though. I saw the first episode.

I bought an 8 pound medicine ball so i can mess around with it while I watch shows, I think I'll do that tonight!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #57  
is covered in paint

done 30ds level 2 day 8! WOOHOO!

omg, i saw one push up move in level 3, i do NOT think i'll be able to do that!

today's ep of SYTYCD is SO GOOD! i did 30ds while watching, then a bit of pilates...now have decided to just sit and enjoy the rest!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #58  
is covered in paint

ps - festivus - i always exercise while watching my "guilty" shows....which guarantees me to 3x/week - america's next top model on tuesdays, sytycd on wednesday, and gossip girl on sundays!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #59  

do you use a laptop and tv? Just curious how you watch both!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #60  
Vanessa

So.. i started the 30DS last night...
I got through about 3/4 of it... so i would say I did L1 D0.75! haha!
It was tough.. it hurt... i was huffing and puffing like a steam train.. but I will go back to it again tonight. woohoo!
bahecasmart is offline   Reply With Quote