Old 06-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
okay, so i used to do this like every other day, but i have breathing trouble, and i find that every time I exercise doing this I have to stop b/c I just can't breathe.

any suggestions??
Do you have asthma? Otherwise, try to work through it as far as you can, because you will build up your endurance. Give yourself 5 to 10 second breaks so you can catch your breath and jump right back in.

I have breathing issues too, including exercise induced asthma. My doc gave me an inhaler to use, but it doesn't really help much.

Level 1 and 2 left me more breathless than level 3.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #137  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

It's true, Level 3 does fly by compared to Level 2. I did L3 D1 today and while I felt like I was going to die at the end, I was also amazed that the workout felt as short as it did.

I found the jumping lunges pretty challenging...partly because our floating laminate floor was poorly installed (we're renting) and so it slides around under my feet when I move.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 236/218/160

Height: 5-10

You've given me the inspiration to finally press play on the 30 Day Shred DVD that's been collecting dust the past two months.... Thanks!
JessicaLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 AM   #139  
Coffee Addict Hippy

S/C/G: (Restarted) 235.5/192.5/130

I forced myself through another two days, despite the pain continuing, though, it's not as terrible barefoot. I have found though, I didn't realize how many muscles I don't use enough! Days later, and by the time bedtime rolls around, I'm hardly able to walk from the pain in my legs, butt, and back! Those squats are a killer, but I love them! I'm finding that the more I force myself to not skip days and keep going through the pain, I feel so much happier inside and out, even if I'm swearing at her through the workout and feeling like an 18 wheeler parked on me getting out of bed. ^_^
Featherfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #140  
exercising with twins

Quote:
I'm hardly able to walk from the pain in my legs, butt, and back!
You could consider trying some yoga stretches before bed at night. I was doing that for awhile and it seemed to help so I didn't seize up as much in the morning... cuz yeah, she makes you work and it can hurt for sure.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #141  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Level 1 is now doable for me but I'm still doing girly push ups and the shoulder raises with 3 lbs instead of 5. Should I move to level 2? I'm getting a bit bored of level 1..
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk140 View Post
Level 1 is now doable for me but I'm still doing girly push ups and the shoulder raises with 3 lbs instead of 5. Should I move to level 2? I'm getting a bit bored of level 1..
I would try to increase the intensity first. Do all of the more difficult modifications and increase your weights. If you can do that confidently after a few days, I would move on to level 2.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #143  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I just finished L2D1 (i didn't see the previous post!) and it kicked my butt!!! But it was actually motivating! I can't wait to see myself master those moves!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #144  

So I started the shred on Saturday, and then took Sunday off, and did the shred this morning. I had a 9 am meeting, so I got up at 7:30 to do it first thing. I'm glad that I read everyone's comments so I had a sense of what to expect. My thighs are sore from the squats - I definitely feel it when going up stairs and when I sit down, but it's not like it hurts all the times. I only used one pound weights and I really didn't feel the upper body stuff at all, so I should probably move up to at least 3 pound weights.

It's great to get a workout in in just 20 minutes! I really like what Jillian said about working hard for a shorter period of time instead of spending hours at the gym and 'phoning it in.'

Keep up the good work, shred partners. I'll check back in later.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #145  
exercising with twins

Congrats on making it through Day 2 blueridgegirl. I'm with you on Jillian's comment about 20 minutes doing more than 'phoning it in' for an hour at the gym. When I first heard that bit I wondered but it's true that her 20 minute workout has done more for me in the past month than months of going to the gym...and I sound like an infomercial but I promise no one has paid me to say this.

I'm wondering though if, once I've done all 30 days, I could go through the three levels again and get a couple of months out of this DVD... I mean, I can't imagine that after I've done all three levels the first one will feel ineffective or anything...it's still a hard workout.

Has anyone tried that?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #146  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I'm so thrilled to find this thread!

I just did the shred level one for the first time today and OH MY GOSH. I've been exercising for two and half months, have been climbing 450+ stairs a couple of times a week the last few weeks and been doing weight training and Jillian totally kicked my butt.

But I have a question: what do you guys do in addition to the shred? I couldn't get through level one without stopping and am looking forward to the challenge of the DVD, but since it's only 20 minutes what else do you do to get to say, an hour of exercise a day?

It's especially tough to really know what to do since even though it was such a short time, I feel like I've done so much already!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #147  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I started the 30-day shred on Sunday, so today was L1 D3... I already knew that my upper body is not as strong as my lower and it shows! So far, I am working with no weights on the chest fly, but 5 lb for everything else. However, I still can't do the push-ups all the way. I am doing girly ones and can only go down half way. I figure that's pretty good considering I can do everything else just fine. I'm trying to do one thing better every day - today was good butt kicks! lol Anywho, I like the dvd so far and got it because it has 3 phases to keep me entertained.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:37 AM   #148  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

I did L1 D2 tonight. The only weights I have are 2lbs I'm thinking that they aren't heavy enough for me. I want to go up, but I'm not sure what to get. I'd love to work up to 5lbs but I don't think I'm ready for that. What do you guys suggest trying?
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #149  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

chickiegirl - I hop on the elliptical for 20 minutes right after I finish the video. That totals me to 40mins apprx... The other 20 I get from walking during breaks at work. So I am up to 60mins (apprx) of exercise a day!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #150  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargzr View Post
chickiegirl - I hop on the elliptical for 20 minutes right after I finish the video. That totals me to 40mins apprx... The other 20 I get from walking during breaks at work. So I am up to 60mins (apprx) of exercise a day!
Thanks Star! I knew I had to do more, I just needed to here it from someone else and needed to know how far others were pushing themselves after that butt kick!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote