Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #211  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

azulfire - What is your drill exercise? I'm always interested in new moves.

rebound - Yes, there are 3 levels. Since there are 3 and it's called 30-day shred that's what I took it to mean. I spent 10 days on level 1 and plan to spend 10 days on level 2. However, my original plan was to re-use the dvd at least twice through completely. So this time around is my first and I am not fretting if I can only do the modified versions. Next time around, I will be more concerned with going all out (so to speak). On the other hand, there's no harm in staying in the same level until you feel comfortable moving on.

I completed L2D9 today and am actually excited again about my workout for tomorrow. We'll see how I feel tomorrow about day 1 on level 3.. hehe
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #212  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Stargzr It is going to be a bit hard to explain, ok , imagine if your standing on a step like in step aerobics, step off step, w right foot then, step off step with left foot,at this point you should be straddling imaginary step, the step back up w right foot, then step up with left foot, and do as quickly as possible. till the JJ's are done. And repeat.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #213  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

L1D4 - Missed a day yesterday, due to company. But I think it was actually good to give my sore body a day of rest. But I missed doing it!

I did find it really hard to get going today though. The first set really kicked my butt, even more than the first day I did it. Still I kept going and before long I was getting into it, and suddenly I was done. It feels so good!

Hope everyone is doing well!
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #214  
A Turtle loser

Sweetcurves, I remember a few times I was really into it, then I was done, I was like really thats it, I was ready for more.....lol it is amazing to me how 20 minutes can be so long some days then sooo quick.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:38 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 285/249/130

Height: 5'6''

I was about to give up after 5 minutes....but stayed with it. One question though.......... does anyone know of cheap sports bras? jumping jacks suck when you wear a regular bra when you wear a 44 ddd...... Jillian apparently likes jumping jacks........
Robbynmarie k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 150 lbs/ 140 lbs

Height: 5'7"

So glad I found this thread....this will be day 3, level 1 for me and I'm sore...like someone please help me down the stairs!!
I had been wondering whether to miss today to give my body more time to recover, but after reading all this, I guess I better go get my training gear on.
Now someone please help me outta this chair and point me in the right direction
Arlixia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #217  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

I've done 2 days of it. I'm sore and taking a break.

But I do plan on going to the gym for a regular workout.

I'm really hating the Shred, but I can tell it's good for me. I just don't think I want to do it daily.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 150 lbs/ 140 lbs

Height: 5'7"

Well I did it...I'm sore but in a happy way .
That first set of strength stuff wrecks me....the press ups and lunges with shoulder press.....after that I can battle on ok. (though I have decided I hate all varieties of lunges!)

Bring it on !
Arlixia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #219  
A Turtle loser

Arlixia it is ok to give your body rest, after day 1 it thoroughly kicked my a**, I couldnt move for 2 days, I took 2 days off then back to it on day 3, it was 1st week did it 2x 2nd week 3x then 3rd week I was able to do it everyday w 1 day off a week.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #220  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulfire View Post
Sweetcurves, I remember a few times I was really into it, then I was done, I was like really thats it, I was ready for more.....lol it is amazing to me how 20 minutes can be so long some days then sooo quick.
Azulfire, that is so very very true. What I want to know is, how come it goes by so fast when you know you can keep going, but it seems to take forever on days when you are just barely getting through?
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #221  
Coffee Addict Hippy

S/C/G: (Restarted) 235.5/192.5/130

Height: 5'6"

I ended up having to take two days off, as much as I didn't want to. I was just in so much pain, especially going from sitting to standing or down stairs, that I ended up on the couch feeling disappointed. I actually WANTED to do the shred. I made a genuine effort to try and get through it, but I made it up to the jump-rope section and had to stop. My leg muscles just were not up for it, and my knee caps are bruised from the push-ups. I'm actually considering knee pads unless I decide to change to the traditional style. My boyfriend thinks it's sissy girly of me to do them on my knees (but I AM a girl! lol) but I actually feel like I'm working my chest and shoulder muscles better on my knees. I feel like if I keep this style up versus switching, the girls might not sag as the pounds come off! Gravity be damned! ^^

The two days weren't a total loss though, I did mow the lawn which is a 2+hour event, and did weight training on the nordic flex. I might actually pull out my old soccer shin guards for it though, as I have bruises on my shins from the padded bars on the leg lifts. The weight was perfect for me to be challenged but not injuring myself, but the thinner tissue and muscle mass on the front of my legs, like with most people caused me to bruise and become super sensitive when I made an effort this afternoon to do it again.
Thankfully, I'm feeling great now and am amped to do the shred in the morning, though I'm tempted to start my day with tae-bo.

Oh! I know I'm rambling on a bit, but I know I'm not alone in hating the music and Jillian's voice, so I turned on closed captioning and muted the tv and made an exercise playlist on Pandora to keep me entertained and focused rather wanting to strangle her with that voice! Favorite Pandora station at the moment is Bob Marley. Beachy music for motivation!
Featherfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #222  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Isn't her voice annoying? Unfortunately, I find that what she says does get me to maintain position, and occasionally, keep going when I'm "about to die". So I'm not quite ready to mute her yet.

Maybe 2nd go round - I love the idea of playing better music. My Pandora "Happy Music" station would be a blast to exercise to!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #223  
mission possible

S/C/G: 158.8/158.8/130

Height: 5ft 5''

hi all,

haven't been on these forum for ages!but am back now and ready to get shredding.i've been doing it on and off for a while and feel really strong when i get into the swing of it!

instead of the suggested 20mins a day,i actually do the whole dvd through 3 times a week.i enjoy doing the whole 60mins and am always burnt out afterwards but am feeling good!

i'm starting a my own little 10week challenge as of tomorrow(13th july)i would like to lose approx 20lbs in that time frame.i will aim to work out to dvds (esp 30ds) minimum of 3 days per week and eat healthily cutting out all junk food.i always do my best when i cut out all rubbish

and my motivation for staying on track during these 10 weeks,well dh and i will start trying for baby#3 as soon as i've lost my weight!!!!i feel by losing these lbs and working out regularly i will not only be healthier but fitter for pregnancy!

i'm looking forward to joining you all on this wonderful journey and for once 'i'm gonna finish what i started' lol.i will do measurements/bf%/weigh tomorrow to see my starting point!

best of luck ladies(gents too!)
happy shredding!!!!!!!
CurvyBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #224  
Coffee Addict Hippy

S/C/G: (Restarted) 235.5/192.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Yay! Another day done! I'm actually still full of energy now, unlike other days where I spent the rest of the day convinced I was going to die from shaking limbs and exhaustion. I made it a lot longer without having to pause for my foot pain this time around but know now that I defintely need to get multiples of my favorite nike sports bra. I went with one of those generic seamless types today, which is usually very comfy for around the house on lazy days, but kept riding up and freeing the girls during jumping jacks today!
It's so nice outside that I'm treating myself to a good snooze in the sun on the deck session since I got the shred done. Also, I found a good way to keep that post workout crash away is a good protein shake right after exercising. I live in an Arbonne household, so I simply added some of their vanilla (or chai!) protein shake mix along with a scoop of fiber booster to my blender with light vanilla soy milk and fresh strawberries and kiwi. Makes for a tasty lunch and good protein source! I only wish I could filter out the seeds, as I can't stand the feeling of them, especially when they get stuck in my teeth!
If I'm feeling good still later on today, I think I'll toss in one of my tae-bo tapes. I admit I'm still using the basic tapes, but as I can make it all the way through them and feel really good about the workout that I've done after, I'm not going to feel whimpy. They're all a challenge in a different way!
I also think that Billy Blanks is a heck of a lot more motivating and fun to listen to than Jillian!

oh, and before I forget, anyone else feel off balance during the lunges? I'm continually worried about falling over!
Featherfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:05 AM   #225  
mission possible

S/C/G: 158.8/158.8/130

Height: 5ft 5''

weighed in this morning and took measurements/bf%.wow lots of work to do

i haven't yet worked out but plan to within the next 30mins,will either do 60mins of shred or jari love get ripped 1000 which is similar to shred in that she alternates weights with cardio!

i hope everybody has a great day!

happy shredding!
CurvyBabe is offline   Reply With Quote