Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Great job guys! I took yesterday off and felt pretty guilty about it.But I'm back on it today, I finished day 7 level 2! I felt pretty good today, but my ankles were bothering me even though I was wearing shoes. So annoying!

I'm debating on whether I should stick with level 2 another week or move on. I don't feel like I have mastered this level, but I do want to continue to really push myself! I saw some of the moves in level 3, and they scare the you know what out of me!
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #32  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

sounds like everyone is doing a great job!

morality - you can't feel bad for taking the wknd off....it's life....we gotta live it, y'know?

operation - level 2 is killer, i'm not gonna lie - but not as bad as i thought it would be.

and festivus - day 7 already! holy moly - i'm on day 5, and i took today off, so i wont be finished day 5 until tomorrow. i wouldn't decide about moving off level 2/staying with it for an extra week just yet. i find that i improve so much day to day, and there is a significant difference between day 7 and day 10!
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avie View Post
and festivus - day 7 already! holy moly - i'm on day 5, and i took today off, so i wont be finished day 5 until tomorrow. i wouldn't decide about moving off level 2/staying with it for an extra week just yet. i find that i improve so much day to day, and there is a significant difference between day 7 and day 10!
You know you're right, today I was able to complete all of the upper body strength with no breaks. I haven't been able to do that since day 1 on this level! But it is still very challenging to me.

I HATE the pendulum lunges and the squats/v raise, they kill me!

Which are the hardest for you?
Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 160/135/125

Height: 5'4

Level 2 is definitely killer! I thought I was going to die and had to take so many breaks. But it only gets easier from here right? I can't wait to see what I look like after the 30 days.
OperationNewRegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #35  
is covered in paint

thats amazing festivus!!!! my absolute HATED moves are the pendulum lunges. i always lose my balance and my knees kill during that one. the other one that i always hate are the planks where you hop in and out (not the jacks, the other one). again, my knees just start to hurt. i also think that i compensate by putting my butt in the air, and therefore not using my abs quite as much.

i love the chair squats, prob bc i used to do yoga multiple times a week and its a very popular move. that one is definitely the hardest on my arms, but i really like that. i use 2.5lb - 3.5lb weights throughout.

operation, it definitely definitely gets easier!!!

so level 2, day 5 done!

the easiest move in level 2 is definitely the skaters - i always feel like those are a real break!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:06 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 140/140/120

Height: 5'7"

Today will be my third day doing it... I've been sooo sore though. And today I went to my friends house and she ordered cheese fries and pizza, then I had ice cream so I feel like I kinda blew it for today. Sighhhh. It's hard hahah
summerskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerskin View Post
Today will be my third day doing it... I've been sooo sore though. And today I went to my friends house and she ordered cheese fries and pizza, then I had ice cream so I feel like I kinda blew it for today. Sighhhh. It's hard hahah
Hey, no worries! as long as you get back on track, you can indulge once in a while!

The soreness gets better. When I first started 30DS, I began doing yoga in the evenings to helps stretch out my muscles. If you don't do a good job of stretching, you will feel very tight!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #38  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all,

I just started this video today and it was really hard but really good. I like the intensity of it because I really feel like the half hour is doing something rather than with the cardio dance video I was doing before. I will probably hate it when I do day 2 tomorrow and feel all the muscles I worked today.

Quote:
The soreness gets better. When I first started 30DS, I began doing yoga in the evenings to helps stretch out my muscles. If you don't do a good job of stretching, you will feel very tight!
Thanks for the suggestion. I've already been doing yoga for a bit but it's good to know that it will help with this too.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #39  

sooo today was technically day 6 for me. i was out all day yesterday so i couldnt do it, so i did it twice today. im gonna continue as if i did it friday because im already bored of this level and want the 10 days to be up already :P

the exercise that has NOT gotten easier for me is the side lunge. that combined with raising the weights to eye level(!!!) is like impossible hahah
Old 05-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Today was day 3 for me. My legs and calves are aching! How long does it take to stop aching? I stand and walk all day at work too. I am definately not ready for level 2. Once I can master level 1, then I will think about L2. My weights are 5 lbs too, I am thinking of switching to 2 lb ones, but I can't decide.
Crazy4Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:27 PM   #41  
is covered in paint

just finished level 2 day 6 - and it was like i broke through the barrier. i could finally do everything, with proper form, without stopping, and not about to crumble over!

i've been waiting almost 2 weeks for this day to come! yaaaahoo!

how is everyone elses shreddin'?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #42  

this is kind of depressing. after working out hard for a week, and watching what i ate & eating really healthy for the most part, i've only maintained my weight :\
Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #43  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Question - are you guys combining 30 DS with other exercises? I feel like I'm not doing enough, since it's only 27 minutes long (I add an extra 3 minutes stretching).
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

I shred and walk and ride a stationary bike. I shred 4-5 times each week (unless I'm doing a different workout video), walk daily, and ride the bike about twice each week.
cincimom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #45  
Vanessa

Hi there! I'm starting the 30DS tonight... wish me luck!
A question.. is there a specific meal plan associated with this workout?
bahecasmart is offline   Reply With Quote