Old 07-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #226  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

OMG - the heat index hit 105 here yesterday, so I wore a sleeveless shirt. And I think I saw some definition in my arms. Honest - they weren't just these tubes of flesh - there was some SHAPE to them! And the jiggle is decreasing. Thank you Jillian!

CurvyBabe - Good for you getting in shape before getting pregnant! Ours was kind of a surprise - my weight was going up, and I decided to join a weight loss center. One of the questions was about being pregnant - and I decided maybe I should check . .. Guess what! The pregnant thing put THAT on hold. 5 years later, here I am finally battling that weight off.

Featherfire - Yes, I used to always feel off balance in the lunges, and still do occasionally. The stronger core muscles really do help with balance. As your abs / back / legs get stronger, the balance issues will improve. Any recommendations on a specific Billy Blanks video? Around the same difficulty level as this? I want another "hard" video for weekends when I have time to do second workouts.
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:23 AM   #227  
mission possible

S/C/G: 158.8/158.8/130

Height: 5ft 5''

hi jelder

i haven't done my workout yet lol,what a start but i do intend on doing it at some point today
yes i think it is a great idea to get fit and healthy for pregnancy......i want to feel and look fit before/during and after pregnancy

good job on working out and it's great to hear your seeing some progress in your arms wooooohoooo way to go!

have a great day
happy shredding
CurvyBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

im thinking about doing this; but i was watching a preview on google videos, of lvl 1... 2 mins in im kind of annoyed with her. She sounds... arrogant?Kinda bugs me, does/did it bother anyone else?
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #229  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Jinksie, I can see how you might find her arrogant. She probably is a little that way. All I can say is that, any arrogance aside, it's a good workout. She covers the whole body, changes the moves a lot so I don't get bored, and it's the first video I've managed to stick with and see my body change.

But if she drives you nuts, it may not be a good fit.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #230  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Ok so I'm writing it here so that I could be held accountable: I am going to do 30 DS within the next 2 hours.
It's my day off and it's raining and all I feel like doing is curling up on the couch with a blanket and dozing off in front of the tv.
I skipped the shred all weekend (although I did an hour of biggest loser yoga on saturday) so i need to get back to my shred!!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #231  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Yay I did it!
Now for biggest loser yoga!

For all of you who don't feel like shredding tonight, just get up and get started! You'll see it'll pass by in an instant!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #232  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Azulfire – I think I understand what you mean for your other workout you do. It sounds like something that’s low impact and would make my heart race!

Welcome to all the new people in here! I left for the weekend and come back to a full house, this is awesome!
I am on L3D3 today (still haven't skipped a day, so D23 altogether). Level 3 isn’t too bad. The first day I really thought I was going to die, the pace in the beginning is much faster than the other levels. However, the push ups made a come back and I can actually do them! I was so excited! I hadn’t been able to do a complete one in level 1 and hadn’t tried them while I was doing level 2, so it was a really cool surprise!

Featherfire – I’m sure may have already, but do you possibly have low iron levels? That’s something that can cause you to bruise easily and your body can feel fatigued… Just thought I’d ask.

Jinksie – I actually found her to be motivating. Although sometimes sounding a little better than others now that you mention it… but I didn’t noticed on my own.

Kk140 – Hooray that you worked out today with the shred!! Way to go! Btw… if you don’t mind me asking – Where are you located? Rain today? That’s crazy! It’s hot outside here.. but then again I suppose most of the time it is.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #233  
Coffee Addict Hippy

S/C/G: (Restarted) 235.5/192.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Stargzr, that's very well a possibility! I never really thought I had an issue with it in the past as I donate blood on occasion and always passed their test, though last time I barely squeaked by with a second try. I've got bruises on the backs of each of my calves that have been there since January! (attempted to shut the jeep door with my elbow while standing in a snowbank holding two coffees, owies!) I have noticed I'm bruising more than usual, which could also be part of the foot cramping I get, primarily in my left foot.
I just completed the shred for today (sitting here sweating like a horse after a race on a thousand degree day), and really noticed that the pain was only in one foot, rather than both. It used to be in both, and I almost expected it to be worse on the right as it's the one I've injured countless times, but it's not at all now, except if I've been wearing shoes laced too tightly for too long.
The good news is, this is the first day that I've woken up after a hardcore workout day and been in minimal amounts of muscle pain. I only had a little elbow stiffness from hyper extending during tae-bo punches, and some butt muscle aches. Every other time before, I've hardly been able to walk the next day, so this is a great feeling!
Featherfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello everyone, I am thinking on getting the 30 day shred is this a good workout to start with? I am a fan of Jillian and was not sure which workout to start with. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 150 lbs/ 140 lbs

Height: 5'7"

Hey Mystical
I just started 30DS last week, this will be day 6 L1 for me. I highly recommend it, but it does hurt. I hadn't realised just how unfit I'd become until I started it. And the first set of strength stuff still kills me, but my recovery is a lot quicker and my technique has significantly improved, all in the space of the last 5 days.
(and I don't mind jillians voice, especially when she says 'just 5 more, 4, 3 ,2 1! )
Arlixia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #236  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Yes - thank goodness for the countdowns sometimes! Also, another thing I like about this workout is you know you're not doing anything for more than 1 minute. Usually 30 seconds. Well, I might be old, overweight, out of shape, a wuss, etc. - but I can handle ANYTHING for 30 seconds, right?
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #237  

Thank you for the info, where did you buy it?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #238  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Hi all welcome newbies, I hope you find 30 days worthwhile I know I do.
I do not find Jillian arrogant, I see her as someone who is not sure of herself, and very vulnerable. I think the tough act is a smokescreen, to her vulnerability., but at the same time stepping up to the task, of the sudden thrust of her career. Did you know she use to belong to this forum, years ago.?
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #239  

I just love Jillian! Wow I didn't know she belong to this forum.
Where did you buy your 30 Day Shred?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #240  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

I got mine at the mall at Barnes and noble.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote