Old 06-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #106  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchick1716 View Post
Well, we survived days 1 and 2. Do you guys do the workout EVERY day or do you take rest days? My husband's back is really sore so he wants to skip today. I've been running too, so I think a rest day is in order but I don't want to cheat...

Your not cheating if you take a day off or two, on Jillian's site she recommends 2 days off a week like a Sunday then a Wednesday.....you do need recovery time.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 205/203/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Excited to start!

I'm currently going through a divorce and have plans for a celebratory cruise in september. I'd love to lose a good 45 lbs by then and can't wait to start my 30 day shred!! I'm a gym regular but my heart hasn't been in it for awhile...

I've ordered the DVD but it hasn't come yet... any advice before I get started?
skyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyangel View Post
I'm currently going through a divorce and have plans for a celebratory cruise in september. I'd love to lose a good 45 lbs by then and can't wait to start my 30 day shred!! I'm a gym regular but my heart hasn't been in it for awhile...

I've ordered the DVD but it hasn't come yet... any advice before I get started?
Don't wait for the dvd! Start moving now, if you have Comcast, in the On Demand section, there are free exercise videos, including 30 Day Shred and several other Jillian Michaels workouts. Stay motivated!
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #109  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulfire View Post
Your not cheating if you take a day off or two, on Jillian's site she recommends 2 days off a week like a Sunday then a Wednesday.....you do need recovery time.
I've been taking 2 days off and feeling guilty but acknowledging I need to, not to mention my bf keeps reassuring me my muscles need to recover... and yet for some silly reason knowing jm actually recommends on it on her website makes me feel so much better

Last edited by moralitylikeart; 06-11-2009 at 09:22 PM.
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralitylikeart View Post
I've been taking 2 days off and feeling guilty but acknowledging I need to, not to mention my bf keeps reassuring me my muscles need to recover... and yet for some silly reason knowing jm actually recommends on it on her website makes me feel so much better
Just playing devil's advocate here. I was wondering the same, as I do it 5 or 6 days in a row. On Jillian's radio show, she said that you can do the program every day because the workouts are total body, and don't over emphasis one set of muscles. She said the program is short, so doing it every day wouldn't be over training. But listen to your body. I take a day off here or there because of my knees. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow to see what my problem is.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #111  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Hi shredders !
I can now do 10 girly push-ups from almost none I am on L1D3, and I do her every other day, with cardio inbetween. and after having finished today I can really feel my strength increase.
I also do push-ups at my sink when ever I go into the kitchen so that has helped me in doing the push-ups on her DVD.....my goal is to be able to do them all......

Festive, I hope your knees are nothing more than just needing a little tender care. I lived across the river from you towards the east on the Washougal river for years raised my kids on the river, I still have a son who lives in Vancouver, by the mall, I dont know if you get a chance to go over there or not. Take care
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #112  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

hey everyone!

well, i'm back from my hiatus! i dont really have any worthy excuses but i haven't done 30DS since last sunday!

EEK!

i am going to *HAVE* to do it today. part of the reason (i think, maybe subconscious?) is that i am due to start level 3 day 1, and that's kind of scary.

but no matter - I WILL DO IT TODAY!
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #113  

You can do it Avie! I've missed hearing about your progress! You know, in the end I prefer level 3 over 2.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #114  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

just finished level 3 day 1 - and i LOVED it!!!

i way preferred it to level 1 and level 2. just more my style - lower impact, funner moves, and it went by so quickly! i don't know why i prolonged it, but i feel like this is a level i'm going to really enjoy!
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #115  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, I'm sooo looking forward to level 3 then. I did L2 D6 this morning and I just couldn't seem to get going. I don't know if it was the Monday factor or what but it was not a fun 20 minutes... and then my knees started to hurt, so I think I'll definitely be doing some yoga tonight to stretch everything out a bit.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #116  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

just finished L1 D10 or 11 (i lost track! :S) but I still can't finish the pushups (not even the girlie ones) and the shoulder raises in the third circuit are KILLER, i can't do more than 4 or 5 with 5 pound weights (side lunges are ok, it's just the shoulder part). Is this normal? I feel great after working out but I'm scared i'll stay on level 1 forever and get bored and give up!
Have you guys had similar experiences?
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk140 View Post
just finished L1 D10 or 11 (i lost track! :S) but I still can't finish the pushups (not even the girlie ones) and the shoulder raises in the third circuit are KILLER, i can't do more than 4 or 5 with 5 pound weights (side lunges are ok, it's just the shoulder part). Is this normal? I feel great after working out but I'm scared i'll stay on level 1 forever and get bored and give up!
Have you guys had similar experiences?
Definitely, that's the hardest move for level 1! I switched to 3 pound weights for that move, and it helped, but it was still hard to complete all of the reps. It does get easier though! Each time you do it try to push yourself just a bit further than you did the day before. Soon enough, you'll be able to do it the whole way through.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #118  

Soooooo I am feeling really good about level 3! I'm not doing the jumping lunges or the rock star jumps because they cause a lot of knee pain. Otherwise, I feel like I'm kicking butt and taking names! I'm thinking I will finish through Friday and then move on to Jillian's other dvd's! I'm really excited!

My husband really wants us to try P90X in a month or two. I really didn't like the first P90, so I'm not too sure. I'm thinking maybe the Chalean program once I've "mastered" Jillian's new videos.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #119  
Coffee Addict Hippy

S/C/G: (Restarted) 235.5/192.5/130

I've had this dvd for weeks now, and still have yet to talk myself into doing it! I was doing the old tae-bo tapes for quite a while, and aside from increasing endurance, I honestly saw little to no change in my weight, though it may have been because of the binges I tried to hide even from myself!

I'm thinking that tonight, I should force myself to get my butt into the basement and hit play on the dvd player so I won't go to bed feeling guilty that I let another day I could be changing my life slip by!

How much more challenging is it than the Billy Blanks' stuff?
I know I've read about a whole lot of you that end up swearing at her or close to tears and I'm scared, but kinda psyched to challenge myself.

I'm hoping to lose inches as well as pounds. I'm not so concerned about building muscle, as I've already got quite a bit in leg and arm strength, though my core could use some serious help.
Featherfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #120  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

it's the first workout video i try so i can't compare it to other videos..
all I can say is that it's a challenge but in a good way. And it's doable, it's only 20 minutes!! And when you finish the 20 minutes, you feel AMAZING. (even if it might hurt the day after at the beginning).
The best part? Combined with healthy eating I actually saw results. And i'm not even done the 30 days!!

You should do it. Get yourself psyched up and press play!!
When I don't feel like it I tell myself "in one hour, you'll be done and showered and ready to do something else"

Good luck!!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote