Old 07-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Well I am going to have to find a place to get them you see I just moved to Canada last year, I was from Arkansas I know there I could have gone to Hastings or Banes and Noble but I don't even know id they have one here. I will have to check them out and see LOL wish me luck. I think I will try and get all three of her DVD's since I really like her.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #242  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Mystical, well you can probably order one from online I suppose, Ive been to Canada on the west coast, Vancouver B.C and Victoria B.C.How long have you been in Ontario? my husbands grandfather, served in the Canadian army and was from Saskatchewan, and settled in Washington state, Canada is so big, and so beautiful. Why did you move to Canada, you can private message me, so we don't high jack this thread.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #243  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

mystical - I have read that it's actually quite discounted on amazon.com so you might want to check there. I got mine at Sports Authority and I'm sure they might ship it if you want to check their site...

Jillian part of this forum? That's pretty awesome. It makes me feel like I could really look like her one day (tight body-wise of course).

I did L3D4 today and it's still pretty tough. I think I messed up my ankle somehow because it's bothering me a bit so I traded a couple of the jumping cardio moves to something with less impact on my ankle and it was much better. Those scissor kick things are SUPER AWESOME! I can feel my abs and legs working while I do them and they burn for a while after I'm done. I love it! How are we all doing around here? I have noticed a few people disappeared on us..
Well, keep on truckin' everyone and do your workouts! jk
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #244  

Well I am moving into our new home in just another week so everything is packed away so all I have to workout with really is my treadmill right now. Yeah!!! I finally found a place I can get the DVD's from. Chapters at the mall has them so I will be getting them this weekend to take with me to the new house can't wait to start them.

Azulfire I have been in Ontario for just a year now so I really don't know where anything is yet. I live in a big city compared to my little town that I came from it was all a bit overwhelming for me. I am starting to venture out more now. I will PM you later Hope you have a great day!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #245  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Mystical I'm an Ontarian too. Welcome, and I bought my 30DS from Indigo Books http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ . I'm not sure where in the province you are but the Chapters and Indigo stores are pretty pervasive. They, and some of Jillian's other videos, were near all of the health books at the one I was at, but you could ask the staff at the one closest to you.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #246  

Sulvied Where do you live in Ontario? Yes we have a Indigo, Chapters, and I believe Coles. I live not to far from Square One
Old 07-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #247  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Ah Square One...I was there once. It's enormous. I figured there'd be an Indigo near you when you mentioned being in a bigger town than you had moved from. I'm glad you were able to find the video without ordering it from far far away.

I'm in North York at the north end of Toronto. I grew up in a pretty small town though (no traffic lights). I remember the shock of moving to a more urban place with traffic and buses and noise all night long, and people everywhere.

Anyway, I too will try not to hi-jack this thread with Toronto talk (lest I add to Toronto's reputation for hogging everything :P ) so feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about life in the GTA.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #248  

Well ladies I am so excited DH went today and bought me all 3 Jillian videos so tomorrow morning I am starting the 30 day shred. Question though is this video set up to do everyday or am I to have a rest day? Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #249  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

mystical - I believe it's set up to do every day. I would definitely give it a try the first day and see how you feel. If you're ok to go ahead on the 2nd day, then go for it. Personally, I've done it every day with no days off since I started it. I also plan to go back to level 1 when I finish and do it all the way through again doing the more difficult moves.

Ok, I finished L3D5 tonight and am feeling well! My body feels so much stronger and I can get through the whole thing without any breaks. It's really awesome to think back to when I started level 1 and see how much my body has improved! I am really excited to finish my first 30days and start over again. I know eventually I will need to get a different video for new workouts, but for now I still like this one and it's giving me results.
How is everyone else's workouts going? Still doing it?
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #250  

stargzr I am planning on doing this everyday as well. I am not going to do the other videos yet I am sure I will use them later but my DH thought I would like them.

I am going to be starting the workout in the morning, The only days I plan to take off is next week when we move I will have to be off for just a couple of days but after that right back to work. Thanks for all the support, you ladies are awesome.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #251  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Well, I was on here a week or so ago asking if I should get 30DS and I did! I got it yesterday and did D1L1 this morning. Wow. I definitely felt the burn! After the shred I went downstairs to do 25 minutes of straight cardio on the elliptical and all of a sudden, walking down the stairs, I was like "Crap! That really WAS working!"

I kept up okay for my first day I think. I did all the "easy" modifications and then further modified a few of the moves to fit me and my physical limitations.

I definitely fell behind with the push ups. I think my problem was that my lightest hand weights were too heavy for this sort of thing and after one set of squat presses with my weights I had trouble keeping up with the push ups, even on the modified version. My weight are designed for more static moves and the lightest I have are 8 pounds. I'm going to get some 3's or 5's I think.

I modified a few things because of my bad knee. (The therapists would always get mad at me when I called it my "bad" knee. They insisted on "surgical" knee instead ) I have to be super careful with the side-to-side lunge. To my good side it feels nice, but to my bad -- excuse me -- surgical side, it was a little weak. I need to be very careful with my lunges, so I slowed them down a bit.

I also didn't do the bottom half of the jumping jacks -- knee ouchie. I figured that the swinging arm thing was probably the key point there, so I did jump rope with my feet, but jumping jacks with my arms. It worked out okay!

And on the final set of bicycle crunches (I think that's what they were called) I kept getting off the rhythm.

And I have a question -- should I do my additional 25 minutes of straight cardio on the elliptical BEFORE or AFTER the shred? I can convince myself both ways I was hoping for some more opinions.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Rebound; 07-17-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #252  

rebound I too got the 30-day shred but I am doing my this afternoon. I have watched some of it though and I am thinking I will get some lower weights. All I have is the 8 lbs but I am going to get 5 lbs or should I get the 3 lbs?

For me I am going to do my 30-day shred morning or early afternoon and in the evening I will do my 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill at least that is what I am going to do. I don't think it matters if it is before or after as long as you are moving.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
And I have a question -- should I do my additional 25 minutes of straight cardio on the elliptical BEFORE or AFTER the shred? I can convince myself both ways I was hoping for some more opinions.
I'd recommend doing the elliptical after.. doing it before will use up a lot of your energy and make it hard to get the full benefit of the strength training parts of the shred. But I'm not a professional by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical View Post
rebound I too got the 30-day shred but I am doing my this afternoon. I have watched some of it though and I am thinking I will get some lower weights. All I have is the 8 lbs but I am going to get 5 lbs or should I get the 3 lbs?
Go for the 3lbs if you can find them! I tried it with 5lbs the first time, as someone who is reasonably fit and strong, and there were some things I couldn't really do. I ended up having to do it all with 2lbs because that's all I had and I didn't want to buy more stuff.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #254  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

To the two previous posters: Thanks for the input!!

I'm going to get some 3's to start with. The 8's are really WAY to heavy for me and I think that at this point, the 5's wouldn't be any easier. If they're cheap, though, I'll probably buy them both just to have on hand.

I'll also do my elliptical after. I think I may do a little more marching in place or something before the video starts. I felt like I needed just a TOUCH more warm up...
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #255  

If you need more of a warm-up trying doing 5 minutes on the eliptical first. The trainer I use to have always made me do 5 min on the treadmill first.