Old 07-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #166  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Have a great time Mickey ~ Are you anywhere near Bloomington? My family is from there...some still are there.

Prayers for a safe drive.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #167  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyrob43 View Post
Good morning everyone. My daughter is super excited because of the concert today.She loves Barlow Girl and David Crowder. I wil see if they let me take water. I really do not care about money thing I just do not want to pig out. I have been taken alli but the weight loss is slow. guess that is what happens after 40. Anyways please pray for safe travels. that is most important to me as I hate driving! Blessings
I love Barlow Girl too!
Next weekend up in the pines, which is in Flagstaff, they are having a Christian concert there too, for three days. I would love to go there but not sure what to do with my little guy, (dog).
Does you daughter like Stellar Kart or the Newsboys? I just saw them in concert a couple of months ago and boy they were so good. I had the best time, better than any secular concert I had been too.
Have fun today and I'm believing for your safe arrival and safe return too.
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #168  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

oh Mercy Me
Old 07-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #169  
Mrs. Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
oh Mercy Me
They're good too. I bought their cd with Goodbye Self. Isn't that a good song. I missed them when they came to Phoenix. It was MercyMe and Audio Adrenaline. I love them both.
I just started listening to Christian music about 6 years ago, because it wasn't appealing to me. I know that sounds weird to say but, I like music alot and I'm into good beats and sounds.
I found some good Christian Reggae music some time ago and I got hooked ever since.
I also buy alot of Christian Karaoke music too.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 AM   #170  
Mrs. Determined

Hi Mickey,
don't forget to tell us how the concert went! Would love to hear about it.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:19 PM   #171  
Quit counting at 45!

It's so hot here. We're very thankful for air conditioning. No one feels like doing anything. We went to church this morning and had the kids over for lunch. We barbequed pork tenderloin and roasted potatoes. I spent the afternoon reading a book and DH is now watching Bonanza.

Not much happening around here. It was nice to relax after a couple of weekends of being busy. It would be nice to do something outside but the heat and humidity makes it impossible.

i bought another Walk at Home DVD so hopefully I'll be able to get going on a routine of exercising. I know I need to get busy with that. My eating has been okay but I feel myself losing the tone I had a couple of years ago.

Have a great week!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:25 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Well the concert was great. Casting Crowns were last and were very good, sang a few new songs. Rebbecca St. James was really sweet and met fans for about 1 1/2 hrs. Those Barlow Girls can really put some boy rocker bands to shame let me tell you, the drummer, I got tired watching her. Schaumburg is a northern suburb of chicago, I live in Aurora which is a western burb. Mercy Me will be at NIU in Dekalb on Dec 2 if any one lives near there and wanted to chek it out. It was great to see so many young people having fun.
mickeyrob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #173  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ We're having HOT, HOT temps weather-wise here too; but it's much cooler at night though. Haven't been doin' too much this week cuz of the heat (only put in a little walking and indoor activities). There is one good side to all of this ~ all this heat may get rid of some of those annoying buggies; and we didn't see as many of them tonight ~ yeah!!!

My Father and DH have been doing some more work on that cottage; they are almost done putting the complete shell up including the finished roof. DH says they only need a few more days to get everything they planned done. They came home early today as the heat was really getting to them. It wouldn't be sooo bad, if it wasn't sooo muggy!

to any newbies I may have missed over the last week!

SUE ~ we sure hope you are doin' OK; I know you'll have to go back into the hospital to get that last tube out; we're prayin' for that ~ we ask for no less than a compete healing there; IJN: take good care. ^ PRAYERS for JIM too ^

GARY ~ we haven't got our horse shoe pit in yet; DH has been so busy helping my Father get his cottage done. Then we'll have some time (hopefully with some cooler weather) to get some other things done. You can really see the family resemblence between you and your nephew; he could easily pass for your son.

SO MANY OF OUR REGULARS MISSING from this group; we haven't heard from LENA, REBA, JO-ANNE, BOBBY, YOUTH CHICK, GWYN, and many others, for quite awhile. Maybe everyone is on holidays ... hmmm?

BUT MOSTLY, we sure hope that you all are doing well ~ take good care of yourselves; and have a great week, your fellow encourager ~ ROSEBUD ^ PRAYERS FOR ALL ^

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-24-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #174  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HERE'S a cute little poem; thought you all might enjoy it ~ food for thought and so full of wisdom too ...

GOOD HEALTH 4 LIFE ...

G OD loves you and cares for you
O wn your life and dreams
O rganize and plan well
D o what is possible now

H E will help you
E at in moderation
A positive attitude wins
L ove yourself and others
T ake time for GOD daily
H ope and pray always

4 ever HE is faithful ...

L ive your dreams
I n Christ, is Strength
F ree yourself from the past
E ncourage one another!!!

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #175  
Quit counting at 45!

Did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was very relaxing. We couldn't do much because of the heat. We went out for dinner with our aunt on Saturday.
After church yesterday we had a kabob barbeque with our kids and then I read a book for most of the afternoon.

It's back to work this morning. thank goodness for air conditioning. We would not be able to work without it.

Have a great week!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #176  

Hi! I just found this last night. I am so excited! I just started a new diet 2 weeks ago and I am doing great. the difference this time? Each night I thank God for helping me through the day, and each morning I ask for help with the new day. Ok so I also cut out most carbs but I have done it that way before. I put a whole lot of christian music into my ipod so at the gym I stay inspired. Now I found you! see.. life IS good <s>
lifeisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #177  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

It has been awhile since I have been here...I do check in every day though. What is happening to us? Why are WE not posting? Where is everyone?

That being said Welcome LIFEISGOOD! Stick around..it has been a little slow here but it willpick up. Good luck on your journey.

Angie and I are doing well. Things seem to be OK with Lara and her "eating disorder" as far as I can tell. I am kind of left out on all of it, Angie says she seems to be doing OK but will not get counseling and Angie can't make her.

Kids are doing great. Amanda and Zac came up and went to church with us yesterday, then took Angie and Brenda out for a belated Mother's Day brunch, they didn't do because of wedding "stuff". Ryan and Nicole are having so much fun this summer with beach volleyball tournaments and "young" stuff going on. Lara spent the last 4 days in San Diego at Comic Con. Ron has finished his summer school and finally has some free time!

We got a new treadmill today, I will try it out soon and tell you all about it. I am hoping to drop at least 10 pounds soon! I ate much better last week...but lost 0! Go figure.

I really miss our thread here gals!! Let's pick it up! ROSEBUD and WILMA thanks for keeping us alive here!

Well gotta run....see ya soon!

PRAYERS FOR SUE ~ Hope all is well

PRAYERS FOR GYWN ~ Ditto

PRAYERS FOR ALL OF YOU!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:56 AM   #178  
Quit counting at 45!

Good to hear from you again Gary! I haven't been all that faithful either. I also check in every day. I guess sometimes my life is so boring that I don't have much to say. I have been struggling with my weight lately and can feel the extra weight I've gained. I ask for your prayers for that. I have been trying to exercise a bit more but find it so hard to get motivated. Maybe what I need to do is be accountable to all of you and that might give me some motivation.

Lifeisgood: Welcome! Like Gary said it's slow around here right now. Keep posting though! We do pray for each other and encourage each other.

Have a great day!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #179  

Oh my goodness, I know what you mean about "feelin'" the extra pound or two. But you know, that is really a good thing - it feels bad and at least we are aware of it!! As before, I didn't even know or think about that "extra" feeling. Now that we are aware of it we want it to be gone - yesterday! Of course it will take work. Maybe Gary will walk extra on his new "toy" and give that extra to us girls! Really, I have been going to the gym and walking on the treadmill. That thing does hills! Ha,ha I can work up such a sweat and never get anywhere!
Ok Wilma, weigh yourself and give it a week - THEN we would like an update on the amount you have shed from your body, forever!
I will be glad to use you and this group as an accountability partner too. So next Wed. anybody and everybody let us know that you had a great week - by being a loser!
It is so hot around here. I probably could stand outside for 30 min., come in and weigh and DA DA, I will have loss!! I know, that doesn't count, just kidding everyone!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #180  
Quit counting at 45!

You're on! Let the games begin!!