Old 06-11-2007, 08:38 PM   #106  

Default Hi there!

I am doing much better now, the bypass surgery went well absolutely no
problems. I also gave approval tohave my gall bladder removed at the same time. Well as you all probably know all ready I am not normal, When Dr. wentto take gall bladder he started cutting away from where the bile duct should be, (My gall bladder was diseased and full of stones and my liver was really swollen) only to realize he had cut through my bile duct which shouldn't have been where it was located. He kept trying to locate a main bile duct as the one he cut through was an arm to a duct, not a whole duct. When he could not locate a main duct, he repaired the one he had cut through. This resultedin 9 hrs of surgery. When it should have been 3.5 to 4 hours. The next day I had an upper G.I. Which shows bypass working well no leaks.
Then the T- Tube coming out of repaired arm started leaking around the tube alot of bile. So he became worried about saving the duct as can't live without working bile duct, too much pressure on liver. I had to go for a video fluroscopy- didn't show it but showed it wasn't leaking. The next day they put an ostomy bag. The nextday they put an ostomy bag around the tube to catch the bile as soaking to many dressings. I went for cat scan on 6/4 where they were finally able to prove I had a working main bile duct yeah. I am the only person in 30 years of surgeries that he has found a third arm operateing indepently to the main bile duct. I came home June 5th, I have 3 tubes still in, with two drainage bags and an ostomy bag. The main tube is still leaking alot but is stating to show a decrease. I go back to him on the 19th I wasreally weak but feel great now, sorry took so long to get on line. I am loosing weight even though I am full, I eat about 6 tablespoons a meal, and take protein and vitamin supplements, but am doing awesome. Sorry I haven't read all the posts, but am not able to tonight. Know your all in my prayers, will try to post again soon, I have lost a total of 82.5 pounds so far, I am under 300 for the first time in a long time. Thanks for your prayers will post again soon. Luv ya's!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #107  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

AUNT SUE IS BACK!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

:hug :Sue a great BIG
Back to you!
:c elebrate:
We are all so
Happy! Happy!
Happy you are
well and sound!
Glory to God!
Love you!
In Christ,
Gwyn and all the
gang here!

Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 PM   #109  
Quit counting at 45!

WELCOME BACK SUE!!

Prayers for a quick recovery.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:01 AM   #110  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Hang in there doitforme!

Well, my week was a bit sloppy. I didn't ahere to my diet or exercise plan that strictly, and I'm paying for it now. I think I've gained a pound or two, so I really gotta step up my game here again.

Gwy: I'll pray for the woman who's pregnant. My sister-in-law had to postpone her surgery till after the birth of my nephew on her face. She had been born with a left palate, meaning most of her childhood was spent on surgeries to correct her mouth, nose, etc. She's doing great now, and we thank God for it every day. I can only imagine the discomfort she must be in, so my prayers will be with her as well. Your garden stories made me smile because my fondest wish one of these days is to live in a place where I can have one heck of a garden. I live in a trailer park, so it's not feasible to do it right now. Considering the scares over food qualities these days, having your own organic veggie garden sounds more appealing every day. When researching God's words, I try to examine parts of my life at times to see where it could use some improvement and to live as I would imagine God would want me to live. Thus, I'm trying to live more organically and more in tune with my environment. Not so easy when your own mother takes one look at recyclable toilet papers and says "you're on your own there". I'm still trying to convince her on that one....

I better get myself into bed here since I gotta be up at the crack of dawn to babysit my nephew for a while. Note to self...don't feed him sugar....
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #111  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's pretty quiet around here these days. If you're weather has been like ours I can understand why. I woke up to rain this morning but other than that it's been incredible here. My flowers are starting to fill out and I love to walk around my little yard and enjoy the beauty.

Yesterday was my birthday. I have turned 45 yet again. I had a quiet day because DH is away for a couple days. We plan on going out on the weekend. He did give me flowers though! And my DIL and I are going to see Josh Grobin in August - so looking forward to that.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 201/173/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone - I just have a couple of minutes, but I thought I would post a quickie. My DH and I just got back from a wonderful weekend with another couple in St. Louis (without kids). Needless to say, I didn't adhere to my "healthy living plan" while we were there , but I am back on the wagon now. We went to a couple of Cardinal games and thoroughly enjoyed our time together. BUT as soon as we got home my girlfriend whom we were traveling with fell and broke her ankle in 4 places. She had surgery yesterday as they placed a metal plate, several screws and a wire to hold her together. She and her husband have two small girls. So please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Ladies, your garden stories are wonderful. My DH and I have a garden spot, and I picked a yellow squash and the first tomato of the year yesterday. I should have okra and zucchini ready by the end of the week. Not only is the produce from gardening good for you , it is also a great learning tool for young kids.

Sue - Glad to hear that you are doing fine after surgery. Don't try to overdo it now that you are recovering.

Gary - I'll keep your eye recovery in my prayers. It sounds like the doctors may still have a couple of tricks up their sleeves.

Sami - Glad to see your face here. Welcome!
Ellies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:03 AM   #113  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Default Been away a long time

Hello everyone. Let me start by saying Sue - Thank the Lord for your recovery and I will continue to pray for you and your family.

I've been gone a long time, can't recall the last time I posted but it's been hmmm maybe 5 years...I know it was prior to my near death blood illness in 2002. But now that I'm a stay at hom mom I hope to have more time to post and be faithful in my healthy life change. I've still struggled the past 5 years. I joined LA weightloss and was doing awesome (plus my old church had ladies aerobics where I kicked my butt working out!) and was down to 330.....but LA was way expensive - not just to join but to buy the snacks and stuff. Oh it works...that's for sure and the snack bars rocked but man it burned a big whole in my already struggling budget. Anyway....so here I am gained back the weight but that was over a year ago and I've basically maintained the weight I'm at. Having gotten married 5 months ago and now a step mama to a 2 yearold boy, I'm struggling with the limitations my weight has on my body. Plus noticing things physically that are a concern...so please keep me in your prayers as I tend to worry and have anxiety issues.

I struggle greatly with not just my weight but the anxiety and worry of finances, my health mostly and taking care of little Kaleb. I have been on anxiety meds for a year and although they keep the attacks from coming on...I still find myself anxious and stressed out. It's frustrating because I can't seem to find my calm....my place at the feet of Jesus.

So here I am again, seeking out the support of those who are struggling with not only being healthy but who love the Lord and can encourage and uplift a sister in Christ.
Daise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:05 AM   #114  

Back Daise! You can be sure you will be loved and supported well here!
Also may I encourage you to join the free online course that a bunch of us are doing together the addy is
http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/
and we have a support group for it here in the faith based forum called Setting Captives Free-The Lord's Table. I have been doing it for some time now and have seen a tremendous amount of progress!
But keep posting here at the Christian Encouragers #217 because these folks really have a heart for people and love one another. That is God's Plan~That we learn to love one another, that our joy may be full!
again I say to you Welcome Back!
Love in Christ your sister and friend, Gwyn
Old 06-14-2007, 03:39 PM   #115  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ I just had the same trouble as WILMA; posted a long one and lost it thru a techie problem, I guess.

ANYHOW ~ it's unbelievably sveltering here right now; in the 90's in the shade and what in the sun??? Yesterday, it was 40C or 104F That's way, way too hot for our region; I've never seen it that hot before!

WILMA ~ you can send that rain to us; we'll gladly take it! And, have a very HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

GWYN ~ hope you get that car soon and good for you for putting in that garden; there are many EZ ways to do it if you put your mind to it. We do BROADCASTING seed and tamp soil over top; so fast and easy too.

E-MOM & NEM ~ hang in there; KEEP GOING! It's the long haul that matters!
GARY ~ hope your eye heals; and work returns! ^PRAYERS^

BACK ~ DAISY ~ we know how you feel; may GOD give us the wisdom and strength to overcome this thing; once and for all!

HEY SUE ~ Glad you're back; will pray for a quick recovery & healing for that complication. Those supplements and Vitamins are crucial for good overall health!!!

TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ have a great week; and GOD BLESS ~ your fellow encourager ~ ROSEBUD. ^PRAYERS^

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-14-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 263.4/353.8/185

Height: 5' 2''

Hey guys this is youth chick i have read all of your garden stories and mmy grandma has 60+ tomatoes and a lot of zucchini

sorry for not being back but latley i have been overshadowing several people in the medical field. so far so good i still have no idea what god wants for me but i think that i am haded in the right direction

well thanks for everything ttyl
youth chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:20 AM   #117  

1. My youngest Son Daniel, spent his whole 2 week pay check on buying me a good used car! I am so blessed to have such a kind and generous Son and lovely daughter in law Rebecca! The car has many wonderful benefits that I have not had or enjoyed for years and years~
AIR CONDITIONING!
I don't think I have owned anything that had that luxury since I stepped off the semi-truck in 2001! What a blessing it is! All new tires, great maintenance records! It has working cruise control and nice electric seats and everything! It is about the color of this font. He told me, "Mom I just want to know that you can go to Church or your Doctors appointments when you want to and need to, I want to know that you are happy and can go when you want to." Oh how my Son has blessed my heart today!!! I will never forget this kindness and sacrifice he has made for us.
I pray God will Bless them well for their sacrifice!
2. On the way to drive them home, I went and got weighed and now I weigh 412 so I started at 501 and I have lost a total of 89 pounds! GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!
Of course being on the 40 days for 40 years fast has accelerated things I am sure. But losing weight was not our motive for the fast, losing weight is a benefit from the sacrifice and discipline. Today is day 19 and we are praying for our nation! For our Children and family.
Truly I am blessed and happy in Jesus!
Just think, 13 more pounds and I will be started on working on the next 100 pounds to lose for the Glory of God! I stared out having 351 pounds to lose to reach the goal of 150, now it is only 262! I find it much, much easier of a task to do it for His Glory then for my own. He and He alone is God and He and He alone is worthy of ALL the GLORY! ALL the HONOR! and ALL the PRAISE!!!
I love Him so! I love you too!
Love in Christ, Gwyn
P.S. again I invite you to come and join me at The Lord's Table it is totally free and if you SINCERLEY disipline yourself to stay the course you will never be the same again!

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/
Old 06-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 201/173/160

Height: 5' 3"

Wow Gwyn!
Congrats on your new wheels amd your weight loss!

I think it is so awesome that you are giving God the glory in it all. So often we (I) pray for something, a miracle, and once God answers our prayers we (I) foget to give him the praise and glory for it.
Ellies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #119  

Default Hi There!

EZ- Thanks! So sorry to hereabout your eye! Prayers that it heals with full vision restored.
Rosebud- Thanks! Tomatos are wonderful fresh fromthe garden- enjoy!
Gwyn- Thanks! Your garden sounds amazing- great job on the weight loss you are doing awesome, congrates on the car, that was so nice.
Wilma- and Nemesis- Thanks!
Daise- Thanks! Welcome back, Prayers that you will continue to post and let us know how your doing as well as be able to find the peace in Christ that passes all understanding-
Hi to everyone else I missed. I continue to do fine and return to Dr. next tuesday, hopefully some of the tubes can come out then. Going camping this weekend so that should be fun. Hope we have nice weather. Just wanted to touch base and say hi! talk soon.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #120  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

That's so great Gywn!!! I'm so thrilled for your blessings!!!!You're truly on your way!

You have a good point though that I hadn't considered before...by doing things for God, it's a lot easier to accomplish than if you were just doing it for yourself....think I'll adopt this approach!

I've been having one of those blues days, so to get myself out of this funk, I'm going to go to the grocery store for some magazines to read, and then come back in more energized frame of mind to start doing some paperwork for college this fall. There's never an end to the paperwork.....

I was chatting with a best friend last night into the wee hours of the morning about various issues relating to the Bible. She's converting over to Judasim. She's really been making me reexamine my faith more closely, doing some research on some verses, so that I can argue back with her! God does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he?
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote