Old 06-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #121  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for all ~ I will be back in the morning to post to each of you!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #122  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Well, I am home for the week-end but I will be back to "out of town work" on Monday. I will try to post when I come home Thursday, if it isn't too late. Angie and I head to Colorado Friday morning until Monday night for our my goddaughter's wedding. However, my prayers will be with you all.

Angie is off doing a 6.5 mile mud run this morning with my brother in law. It is a very popular race here at our Marine base. I haven't been training so I can do it and you can't go out on the course, security reasons now, so I opted out of this one. Instead I got a haircut and started laundry...oh boy...

Ryan and Nicole, Amanda and Zac will be over tomorrow for Father's Day. They wanted to take me out for dinner but Angie and I opted for a "stay at home" BBQ or carnitas dinner...us buying. I ate out a lot last week and we all went to our favorite Mexican joint last Saturday.

Thanks again for my eye prayers ~ they seem to be working. My eyesite seems to be better, although still a little blurry. I can read...with my reading glasses...newspaper print out of it now...as I said still blurry but last week I couldn't do that. There is still some "confusion" happening out of the far right corner when things happen on my right side...but that too is getting better.

Kids are doing well. Ryan had a one day break from teaching, he is teaching summer school for the first session at his high school. Then he is putting the finals together for junior history and government next year, they are paying him to do that. The good thing is he gets to do it at home. Nicole isn't teaching summer school this year but has a couple of dance classes, camps and competitions to instruct at for her high school girls.

Amanda is back at work after the honeymoon, enjoying a little summer break from college on her master's degree too. Zac just started coaching tennis at a club in San Diego near them, he had to relocate after the wedding. He was living over a 150 miles away from her...which was just fine with me I thought it would be just FINE for her to live with me after the wedding

Nucklehead nephew has two sessions of summer school to attend. I am making him walk the 2.5 mile EACH way trip. His summer school...because he didn't do his work...should not interrupt anyone elses (that would be Angie, since she is the only one that might be home during those hours) day. Otherwise he is being pretty good. Monday, I did give him back his TV ~ cell phone ~ and computer after having taken them all away at the semester in January. He pulled all his grades up but one D...has to serve summer school because of the poor grades in classes he needs to pass (mind you, they were honors classes that he took against my advice...claiming that THIS TIME he would do his work...didn't happen....AGAIN! Any screw ups in summer school and he knows all the "goodies" come back to mean 'ol Uncle Gary

Lara is having issues going back to New York for school next year, she wants to transfer, this is causing some problems with her and her dad, then of course, Angie gets thrown in the middle...I stay out of it! She is back working at her "dream" job Victoria Secret's for the summer.

Angie had her first day of the summer off. She went to Costco since my truck was here, I had car pooled for the week out of town with my brother. She saved me from having to do it. We don't have a need to go there often anymore with the kids gone...but we still shop for certain items. She has a big day on Monday with the dentist, a cleaning, and taking the dogs in our their "get pretty for summer bath" ...that will last about a week

AUNT SUE ~ I am sooooo happy for you! Already camping....WOW!! I hope that your Tuesday appointment is nothing but GREAT NEWS. Who all went camping? How is our niece growing? Like a weed I bet. Give her a from me Not sure if Lara is coming back there for school next fall ~ between her and her mom and dad ~ I stay out of certain things around here...this is one of them Hope the weather is good ~ here is some for you!

NEMESISCLAWS ~ Good luck with your reading. I have a few local newspapers to catch up on today. I get the Los Angeles Times when I am up there for work, just as I do at home, but I really enjoy the local paper with the high school sports and community stuff. Prayers that your "chat" with your friend is received with an open heart! I know you didn't mean it like you said, but try to steer away from the "argue" with her...I can sometimes have a BIG problem with that with a couple of my friends that differ ~ greatly ~ from me on salvation and Christ Jesus. Enjoy... your homework.

GYWN ~ The car sounds awesome! What a nice thing for your son to do for you! And it's Father's Day! OUTSTANDING JOB on that weight loss! Prayers for continued success!

WILMA ~ Sorry I was out of town and couldn't wish you one on your birthday. I know you will forgive me...since I am your ELDER Way cool that you get to see Josh Grobin. Guess who knows him? My son in law. They met at a tennis match awhile back. If I have the story correct, he is a close friend of a close friend that my son in law coached tennis with. They have met several times now. I'll have to get details when I see him tomorrow...guess I should start talking to him since he is "family" now Enjoy your

ELLIES MOM ~ Prayers for your friend...that had to hurt Glad you enjoyed the CARDINALS games. Are you a fan? Join us over in general chatter, if you wish, on the baseball thread, several CARDINAL fans there. Hope your garden is veggiefull!

YOUTH CHICK ~ Have a great time shadowing. What field are you looking in to? My brother in law is a surgeon and my sister in law is a nurse now for an up-scale plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills believe it or not. She has been a nurse for different places and had several director of surgery center jobs, but seems to like this job best so far. We are waiting for on the stars She has only been at this place for a couple of weeks.

DAISE ~ BACK! Stick around and share your success with us!

ROSEBUD ~ The garden sounds like it is doing well! I am sorry it is so hot there. It is beautiful weather here in southern California. It will warm up soon though here on the coast, inland is hot already! We are still having our morning June gloom. HA!! As I type this the air conditioner kicks in...must be 77 degrees in the house now!

SAMI ~ That was a quick visit

Well it looks like I am caught up on my posts. Have a great week everyone. I will try and check in before I go to Colorado.

Have a great FATHER'S DAY with your families!!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #123  

Default Hi There!

My Dr.'s apt. went well all tubes out but one that one is clamped so overall doing well, some bouts of nausea. I had to have blood workandhave a couple tests, but all well so thanks for your prayers. Jim improving some moving head and extremities, seems to follow simple commands, thanks for prayers for him.
Nemesis- I wish you well was going to say the same thing E.Z. did, he beat me to it.
E.Z.- Thjanks! camping was fun, mom/dad/sis andBIL and nieces and nephew. Kaylee is growing like a weed, so smart uv her to death, will give her hug. prayers for your eye and all coing up, travel ercies that you guys stay safe. Iam really tired so going to call it a night just wanted to pop inandsay hi almost forgot HAPPY bIRTHDAY wILMA! CATCH YA lATER
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:32 AM   #124  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Been so busy running errands lately! But I thank God the gas prices have come down a bit now!

EZMONEY: My best friend and I have always discussed religion, mostly out of curiosity about where we stood on certain issues, and how to incorporate it into our everyday lives. Perhaps argument was the wrong word to use, as for most folks, it tends to be a negative word. For us, it's merely friendly banter, as if you were in a religious class per se. I hope that clarifies it. We have our disagreements, but we have never tried to enforce our beliefs on one another. I find this more interesting and more informative sometimes as it really pushes me to examine certain verses and to see where I stand on the interpretation of it. One of these days, both of us would love to visit Israel, but till then, we'll debate like mad.

Hope everyone else has a beautiful week with God's blessing!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #125  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ Well, it's a brand new week and we have wonderful new weather to go with it; rainshowers intermittant with sunshine and nice moderate temperatures ~ now that makes for a nice summer. DH just told me it's raining right now; but we're going into town to shop and do a few errands anyways.

GARDEN UPDATE ~ our garden is doing great; the beans are now about 4 or 5 inches tall with all these rains and some of the salad onions are almost ready to eat. The potatoes are up and we even have a few tomatoes already; on the Tiny Tims, but they are still green yet.

We went to the lake after church last Sunday; DH caught one PIKE, but released it cuz they have too many bones. While he did that, I gave my furry babies a bath in the nice, warm water; we walked in on the shallow end. They loved it cuz they can just walk in on their own just til the water is up to their backs; and they like this way much better than the tub!

GWYN ~ CONGRATS on the car and the WL-Victories too.
SUE ~ happy about that good report; ^prayers^ for that last tube and hope you're feelin' better soon. Be careful; don't overdo it now! ^more prayers^

HEY GARY ~ hope you had a nice FATHER'S DAY; and, it was sooo nice of you to do some laundry for the family. My DH will do dusting and floors (vacuuming, sweeping, etc); make BF or hamburgers and hotdogs, but that's about his limit for the indoor stuff. HOWEVER, he's great at the yardwork, mechanics, home repairs, and such; very handy ~ so that's OK!!!

I handle most of the cooking, the laundry, the housework, and the finances, as he's got BUTTER-FINGERS; and I have the college business degree; he-he - LOL!!!

HI YOUTH CHIC ~ glad to hear from ya again; hope you find your niche soon.
NEM ~ I think we all winced at the word ARGUE; discuss is much better. "I" would much rather be WOOED into heaven ~ LOL!!!

WILMA ~ lucky you; love that Josh Groban (sp); but I do get to at least hear him on the radio. Where's the concert? At the CNE? In Canada or the US?

Anyways, HI TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ that's all the news for now; I gotta get going as DH is getting a little impatient (every now and then he pops in and asks WHATCHA DOIN'; that's a hint). He hurt a muscle in his back this week, so he's getting a little ancy; he hates waitin' like many men). Hope you are all well; take good care ~ your fellow encourager ~ ROSEBUD. ^ PRAYERS ^

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-20-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:04 AM   #126  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I just wanted to let you know that DS has found a job. He got a sales job at a computer company. Hopefully he will end up in the IT department which is what he is trained for. A job is a job and we are very thankful!!

Rosebud: I can hardly wait for the concert. He is coming to Winnipeg in August. Since we have our new arena, the MTS Centre, we get a lot of big name concerts. We are very fortunate. I don't go to a lot of concerts but this one we couldn't miss.

Your garden is way ahead of mine but we have had so much rain lately. I sure hope we're finished with that now and things will start to grow.

Sue: Glad to see that you're healing. Keep taking care of yourself

Time to leave for work. Please keep praying for me. Our merger happens next weekend and the next couple of weeks will be crazy. I'm so glad we have a long weekend in there too.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #127  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Back in town tonight...off to Colorado tomorrow morning for godaughter's wedding...back home Monday afternoon...off to out of town work Tuesday...so...humm...sending my prayers!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #128  

Default Hi!

I am doing fine, starting to get a ittle more energy. Going camping this weekend, should be lots of fun.
Rosebud- Thanks! Happy to hear garden is doing well, sounds like you had a good time at the lake..
Wilma- Thanks! Glad to hear son got a job, and prayers merger works out well, prayers for some sunshine.
E.Z. - enjoy the wedding , you guys are going to have jet lag touring around at such a pace. Try to catch some R & R, contined prayers for eye. Don't work to hard.
Nemesis- I also enjoy discussing religion, and different view points, as allways interesting.
Hi to everyone else, blessings!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 263.4/353.8/185

Height: 5' 2''

hey everybody to day was my last day of shadowing and the graduation dinner. i was really looking in to emergancy medicine and maby pedericatrics
sorry i have been so busy i have not been on the computer in the past two weeks

GWEN-W O W ! the weight loss is great continue losing

as for me i have been having problems a) b/c i have tried to fit in and gained 10 of the 10 lbs that i had lost. but i am getting back on track now and still reading about what the lord has in store for me

everyone rember this

"... be strong in the LORD and in the power of his might."

one of the things i lerned the past two wks in my shadowing was mostly today when i was at hospice house it scared me b'c someone i had seen not three days ago had died at 2:30 this morning. it was no big deal but when you know that you had just helped someone then dies was hard.
i thank you all for your words b/c it has really helped in movating me to do better in my walk with JESUS, my studies and my daily life

talk to you later and always the next person you see may be the last person they see so tell them every thing so that they to can enjoy what we have
ETERNAL life!
youth chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #130  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ boy, this thread is getting pretty thin these days too ~ LOL; but we've been so busy here ourselves; and I haven't been on the net as much either. I kinda figured that would happen for all of us ~ gotta take advantage of all the beautiful days whenever we can.

BOY, the weather is sure off-kilter this year; almost like the seasons are out-of-line, or something ~ LOL! Today, it's way too hot to go outside again (89F in the shade) Well, we'll have to work around it, that's all.

Just can't get too much done outside; I can't believe DH going out there to put new parts on our Grand Marquis (car); he just came in cuz the heat was getting to him. We hope to have it ready by the fall but, DH thinks he'll have all the mechanical stuff done by July, so that's not too bad.

I came on and found over 30 emails waiting to be answered. It took me almost 2 hours to read and organize them all; later on, I'll go back an answer some of them as well. I wanted to get in here to post; I tried last night, but my PC was acting up again, but got that fixed up.

GARDEN UPDATE: everything is growing well; we had to put plastic on our garden as we had a couple of frosts; only our potatoes got a bit of a nip, but they should be OK as the tubers will grow underground. They're expecting another frost this Friday, so we'll cover them too (as we found our other three rolls of plastic). We'll put the rest of the mulch paper down later in the week as it's supposed to be cooler then.

MY HEALTH UPDATE ~ I am still sticking to my plan; balanced and healthy eating for life. It's very similar to Sugarbusters, but with a few personal differences. I'll keep tweaking it until I am satisfied with it; this weight thing will have to budge eventually. I am fine-tuning the carb/fat/sugar amounts as well; a friend has cut margarine/butter out of her diet completely. I have cut down to 1 tsp per serving; hope that helps.

I'm still doing my walking and other exercises; I can really notice that my legs are getting stronger. What took me 30+ minutes before takes only about 20 minutes now, so that's an improvement for sure. I'll put my weight marker up again as soon as I lose some more weight. Someone here says that you are STALLED if your loss stops for a few weeks, but you are in a PLATEAU, if you stop losing for a few months or more (gee, sounds like me).

WILMA ~ glad your DS got the job; ^prayers^ for yours.
SUE ~ glad you are feelin' well; have fun camping; ^prayers^
GARY ~ hope you have fun at the wedding; and nice to have work too!

YOUTH CHICK ~ I understand what you mean; I used to work in nursing homes with the elderly; and the sudden death of someone you know and care about (especially close family members), helps us to get life into proper perspective. Now, I appreciate every second of every minute, of every hour of every day, much more than I did before!

ANYWAYS, that's about all the news here for now; hope you are all keeping well. Take good care of yourselves and have a great week ~ your fellow encourager ~ ROSEBUD. ^ PRAYERS ^

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-25-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #131  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Angie and I just got back into town a few hours ago. We had a fun time with all the wedding stuff. We got into Colorado just in time to have lunch, check in the hotel and make it to the bridal shower, Angie and the girls did that and us guys went and decorated the hall for the reception...ladies came later and "fixed" it

The wedding was real nice and we had a great time. We were able to visit with my god daughter's parents (my best friend from 7th grade on) and with a couple of other friends of ours, the next day, down the road a couple of hours.

ROSEBUD ~ You sure are right...it is slow around here. Hope everyone is well. Boy what weather changes you have..from heat to frost! Keep the veggies coming and get that car going

SUE ~ Glad you are better and camping was fun!

Well Gals, I head out of town for work again this week...be back Friday (?) or Saturday.

Prayers for all of you!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:57 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow! We have been in quite a storm here. On Wednesday morning, First my husband became very ill and had to be hospitalized. Then the very day he got out of the hospital, that Thursday night I went to bed at 11:45 pm and woke up at 2:30 am with terrible cramps in my feet and legs. And also chills. I could not get warm. Robert and Adam checked my temperature and it was 102.2 . I was to go and work for my Mother this last weekend and when I arrived there I was still chilling and my temp was still rising, it was 103.6.
Obviously I was unable to work. Well today is Tuesday and I am just now looking at my emails for the 1st time in days!
Robert is fine now and I am too. I still have a very sore throat although. But the worst of it is over. Praise God.
So if you have written to me and I haven't replied this is what is going on. My prayer request now is for my Children. For their salvation, sanctification and in filling with the precious Holy Spirit. This will always be my hearts cry to Our Father. I want to go heaven and have all my children be there with me.
Well I guess that is all the news I have for now. My throat is aching right now so I think I will go back to bed for a while.
Love in Christ, Gwyn L. Ditmars
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:31 PM   #133  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Gwyn: Hang in there!

I've been busy trying to apply for various jobs and set up interviews. I have one this Friday and another one next week. My brother and his wife's place have seen their A/C go out, so they've been spending more time over at my place, so I got to see my nephew more! It's amazing what will entertain a little kid.....all of the expensive toys we get don't really compare to some of the simple things around our house that we take for granted. Children do indeed show us a simpler way....

I was wondering if anyone saw Wife Swap on tv recently? It was basically pitting one Christian family against an atheist family, and the lessons from both were really surprising.

Anyway, God Bless Everyone today and I hope ya'll have a good week!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #134  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's finally sunny here. We have had a really rough week weather wise. We've had thunderstorms almost every night for the past 4 nights. There was a F4 tornado that touched down close to our city. Thank God no one was hurt but some people did lose their homes. My son and his wife had gone camping and ended up coming home yesterday. Their tent was full of water and they had a miserable time. Hopefully this hasn't soured them on camping!

Work is going well so far. It's just a few days until our merger and I am praying that all goes smoothly. This week is the busiest we have during the year so I plan on concentrating on just work for the next few day. Then, the following weekend we are going to DH's sister's cottage and just relaxing. I'm focusing on that!

Nemesis: I know what you mean. My kids used to be entertained with a pop bottle with some stones in it or would play with the boxes the gifts came in instead of the gift itself!

Gwyn: I'm glad you and your DH are feeling better. I will also pray for your children. They say that one thing you can take to heaven with you is your children. My prayer for yours is that they see the need to have Christ in their lives.

Gary: You keep going from wedding to wedding. Where will it end?? It sounds like you have a really close family and also some very valuable friendships. You are a lucky guy! I know that you invest a lot of time in their lives and the fruit of that is showing. Good on you!!

Rosebud: Sounds like you're really busy as usual. Frost this time of year! Sure glad that doesn't happen too often. My little garden is drowing right now with all the rain. Hopefully that's over and things will start to perk up again.

Youth: Prayers for your job search.

Sue: How are you doing? Hope your camping outing went well for you.

Talk to you all again soon!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #135  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ We've had lovely weather here for the last few days; sunny and cool; and that suits me just fine!!! Went to the docs today; had some good results on my tests and the doc is pleased as my cholesterol is OK now, sugar blood levels are back in the normal range for months now, and my blood pressure was back in the normal range for some time, but today, it was a wee bit high.

WELL, hydro made a mistake on our bill; underestimated it, so this month's catch-up bill was more than double ~ don't like surprises like that, esp when we are working at putting another vehicle on the road. On the way there, our rad over-heated again; Sheesh, when it rains, it pours.

Life is like that; likes to throw curves at us all, sometimes. But we'll bite the bullet and pull in the belt this month to cover that unexpected expense. I am so very grateful to feel well these days; so I won't let these minor annoyances get me down. I told DH, that next time, don't hand me any bills as I'm going out the door to the docs, as I always have to get my pressure tested when I get there ~ LOL!!!

GWYN ~ glad you and your DH are better; have faith for those kiddies. WILMA'S gonna pray hard for them, and I already have. Remember that what you have no control over is not your fault; so, just keep on lovin' them and prayin' for them; and GOD will do the rest!

WILMA ~ like GARY said, we are having record heats and then frosts; and in June; go figure! My potatoes got nipped; I don't know if they will come back or not. I have been eating radishes, salad onions, and leaf lettuce already this week. The weather is strange this year; but the last few days have been better though; hope it continues.

GARY ~ DH is working hard on that car as he's fed up with the one we have now (it's just too old and tired ~ LOL).

ANYWAYS, picked up some fruit and healthy snacks today; and everything else is going fine for us. I am always grateful to be feeling well. Tomorrow is shopping and errand day; so we will be busy. Hope you are all well; take good care of yourselves ~ your fellow encourager ~ ROSEBUD. ^ PRAYERS ^