Old 05-10-2007, 07:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!
I ran a bunch of my 'human' vengeful thoughts past my God and feel mucho better about that sick person.
Gwyn, I am so proud of you!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Thank you SusanB! Thank you all for all the kindness you have shown to me and the blessings. Sue I am truly sorry about your father in law. Hope he is much better, by the time I get back online. Dear God please touch Him and help him, Please dear Lord have your way. In JESUS NAME!
Hey I just have to tell you guys something. My computer broke down, so I have to take it into a shop and I am at a public lib. right now and my time is almost up. But while down town here, I stopped into the hospital and got weighed and I have lost 6 more pounds! that is I now weigh 452!!!! I am happy happy happy!!! I started at 501!! I also walked at walmart and quite far. Resting along the way, but doing it!
Love you all so much! Don't know when I will be able to get back on a computer again, but I am going to keep trying.
Love in Christ, Gwyn
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #18  

Do you people all realise how amazing this woman is?
If you met someone who weighed around 500 lbs who said 'I can't exercise ... I can't walk, I'm in a wheelchair, I'm on oxygen' ... you wouldn't argue. Those aren't excuses those are reasons. Medical reasons. Real reasons.

But this woman ... this Gwyn! ... argued. She didn't say I can't. She walked around the block! She's lost like 50ish pounds! And I have no doubt in her ability to be even more successful. What a blessing she is to us.

Our God is an awesome God!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #19  

SusanB, I couldn't agree more - Way to Go, Gwyn!!!!!!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #20  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Gwyn girl, you're doing fabulously! I hear ya on the library issue. At times, I've had to do that when my brothers hog the computer for most of the day.

Had a friend get online earlier this morning, and was basically kicking my butt for not getting a move on to finish up my last class before graduation. With me, it's all an issue about money, but I have been in a bit of a rut for the past few months, so I actually got some paperwork done towards the process of finishing this class. Guess that was the Lord's way of telling me to shape up! LOL

Everyone else, God Bless!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Sorry I haven't been here much lately. No good excuses! I do read the posts everyday and you are always in my prayers!

Angie is at church for bell practice. She plays tomorrow morning first service. later today we are going to go pick up knucklehead nephew a shirt for the wedding...two weeks away... sad dad

Angie and I went to Islands last night for dinner then over to Fry's. I bought her a new digital camera for Mother's Day...easy...she picked it out and I didn't have to wrap it. I even offered to make her favorite (of my dishes) spinach lasagna tomorrow, but she said it wasn't lasagna weather, too hot, so how about "we" make some great angus burgers..oh yeah!

My DODGERS have been doing pretty good. I got a new plasma tv and ordered the major league baseball channel, so Ron, Angie and I have been watching a lot of baseball lately. Fun times! Nephew keeps calling my son to see if he saw that good play, etc. Cool that he is learning baseball and getting excited about the games...he has come a long way. But then those 3 D's on this report card....AAAhhhh! He will be restricted for life! well, maybe not...but he is until at least August of 2012 right now Can you keep a kid restricted if he is married and has kids?

AUNT SUE ~ Continued prayers, dear, for your sister's fil, Jim. How sad, you just never know do you. Prayers continue for your journey as you help your sister and family in their painful moment.

NEMESISCLAWS ~ Get that work done or I'll put you on restriction with my nephew! I will pray for your issue with you friends and your sharing of your beliefs. I get very frustrated too when my friends have "thoughts" that just are not true about church and Christians. we just have to keep sharing.

GYWNDITMARS ~ Way to get out and moving dear. Sorry about your computer. Take as many rest stops as you need! Just keep moving the best you can...your steps will be prayed for by all of us here!

SUSANB ~ Thanks for boosting GYWN up there for us to be reminded to pary for her! Now go dust off those BEE GEE posters over your bed

KYRA ~ Jump in any time...there is 1 guy here though...watch out for him

WILMA ~ You are getting as bad as me on the posting. How is the new woman in your life working out? Are your "boys" still doing well? Thanks for the wedding prayers...I will be a "mess" going down the asile that's for sure. I barely made it through my son's toast...I already know I will be "mush" for my daughter's toast!

ROSEBUD ~ The street fair was fun. We have many to choose from around here, but that one is the largest in the area. I ended up picking PSALMS 128 and ECCLESIASTES 4:8-12 for my choices for Amanda's cousins to read at the wedding. I can change them though...still praying on the right ones!

ELLIES MOM ~ Thanks for the wedding thoughts...I always keep things light hearted when it comes to my future son in law I plan to offer to buy my daughter a car, as we walk down the asile, to back out I am not totally sold on the guy , since he doesn't give me any "you'll have grankids soon" promises. I can take him or leave him ~ and I remind him of that every chance I get...I have been doing so for over 10 years...not changing now

ELIZBENNET ~ LENA ~ JACKAY ~ Glad to see you still posting here! Prayers.

Asking for prayers for my great nephew JET, he is 6 months old and in the hospital right now, hooked up to machines. He is having real trouble breathing and the doctors don't know why...still testing.

Have a great week-end ladies...get out and WORSHIP where and when you can.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES

May our good Lord bless your day!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:50 PM   #23  

Hi Everyone - and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!
Each year at church on this mom's day, the preacher gives away 2 bibles. One for the oldest mom there and one for the youngest mom in attendance. Today we had a 95 year old and a 25 yr. old. That's a fun thing, especially when the pastor can't figure who is younger when there are two or more ladies who were born in the same year,maybe days apart. It gets kinda loud with people trying to help him out.
EZmoney - Whoa, that wedding is coming fast! My husband just came in and I asked him for a word of wisdom for you. (He was the photographer at our daughter's wedding,and also the one to walk her down that isle.) Al says to tell you to not wait on the car idea, the sooner the better.Both you and he knows she won't go for it but you might as well try. He also said when that doesn't work you might offer a step-ladder for a quick escape and a few bucks saved. Really, he says to enjoy the moment and the sweet memories, you will be adding on to those daily, with more exciting things coming up!
You bet we will pray for Jet! Keep us posted.
NemesisClaws - get busy girl. You will be soooo happy when it's a done deal!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #24  

Default Hi there!

Quick post! Been busy helping out with babysitting Kaylee, so my mother gets a break and will have her overnight tom. night. Jim is doing alittle better, they didn't he was going to live even an hour and it has been a week, God is good Thank you all for your prayers and please continue. He is having surgery this morning to give him a trach so they can pull the ventilator out and to put in a gastrostomy tube in his stomach which will feed him formula through it. He had a few stitches taken out of his face, still has many though. The probe that was in the top of his head to measure cranial pressure has been removed. He will be blind in the left eye, but they are encouraged he may have full site in the right. He is able to respond by shaking his head with yes and no answers. They are still keeping him sedated so only short periods of response. Then in a few days when he is strong enough they will start repairing some of the damge, wiring his jaw so it will heal, and starting plastic surgery on his face and head. They are going to start physical therapy this week to try to keep his muscles from atrophying. He is still the the ICU, but he seems to gain a little everyday. I will try to keep you posted. Prayers for all those having struggles for strength and committment. Gwen awesome job walking you are doing so well. Welcome to Kyra! Gotta run hope to post again latter this week. I am going to post a small story I thought was neat hope you enjoy!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #25  

Default story-

The Duck & the Devil

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was
given a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He practiced in the
woods; but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged,
he headed back for dinner. As he was walking back he saw Grandma's
pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck
square in the head and killed it. He was shocked and grieved!
In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile; only to see his
sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.
After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes"
But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the
kitchen." Then she whispered to him, "Remember the duck?" So Johnny
did the dishes.
Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and
Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper."
Sally just smiled and said, "Well that's all right because Johnny told me
he
wanted to help" She whispered again, "Remember the duck?" So Sally
went fishing and Johnny stayed to help
After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's; he
finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and
confessed that he had killed the duck.
Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You
see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but
because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you would
let Sally make a slave of you."
Thought for the day and every day thereafter? Whatever is in your past,
whatever you have done... And the devil keeps throwing it up in your face
(lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad habits, hatred, anger, bitterness,
etc.)...whatever it is...You need to know that God was standing at the
window and He saw the whole thing. He has seen your whole life. He wants
you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #26  
Quit counting at 45!

Sue: What a fantastic story! We are so much a slave to our sins and we have already been forgiven. Thanks so much for sharing that! I'm also glad that Jim is doing better. I'll keep praying. It sounds like it's a long road ahead for him.

Elizbennet: That's a great idea. We've given flowers to the oldest and newest mom but a Bible is an excellent idea. We had moms share their experiences last sunday. One was an expectant mom, one was a girl who lost her mom, one was a mom with teenagers and one was a great grandmother. Really neat perspectives. The girl who lost her mom touched me the most. Not a dry eye in the place.

Gary: I know I've been really slack in my posting lately. I've also been lurking. I've had company here for the last week and a half. Not all the same people though. When someone would leave we'd have someone else show up. It's nice but its really busy. I spent all day Saturday shopping decorating stores with a friend. I think i got some exercise as well as have a lot of fun with a good friend.

You'll do great at the wedding. Father's are supposed to have a hard time letting their daughter's go so why should you be any exception. I am loving having a daughter in law. I am also looking forward to the next one. DS is pretty serious about his girl. Hopefully they wait a little while before getting married.

Susan: You are so right about Lena. It's so inspiring to see someone do so well. Gives me the drive to get out there and walk. I spent Saturday evening walking with my friend. We have a new development going up and we went around peeking in windows of houses being built. Lots of fun!

Kyra: A big welcome to you. Feel free to come and join the fun.

Hello to everyone else!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #27  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ Love that story SUE ~ it's so encouraging; we mustn't let our past mistakes determine our future! Continued prayers for Jim and a quick recovery; update is so hopeful!

WILMA ~ We have had wonderful weather and a nice weekend; but tonight we have a light rain, which is needed as well. Glad your DS is so happy!

Everything has been going very well for us; so, it seems it's time for car troubles. We have a nice car but it's getting older. However, we have had so many blessings the last couple of years, I guess we should expect some of the other stuff too. My DU is coming over tomorrow afternoon to help DH fix the problem; DA is coming for a visit at the same time.

GWYN ~ prayin' that you get your PC fixed soon, so you can stay in touch. So many of our newbies have disappeared, it seems. Keep up the good work with the walking; maybe you can get to the library now and then too.

GARY ~ have looked for more verses; was trying to find you one I sent to my sis when she got married, but I can't find it for some reason. I like the ones you have chosen so far though. Don't look at it like losing a daughter, you are gaining a son (s-i-l), instead!

ELIZB ~ I love the idea about giving flowers and bibles to the mom's; that is so very thoughtful! And, hearing about different moms' experiences is a great idea!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS OUT THERE!

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ I hope all of you are in good health, and staying OP as best you can. Take care of yourselves; and keep on, keepin' on ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud. (U R all in my prayers!)

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-14-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:01 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Great news Aunt Sue ~ (that really doesn't sound right does it?) Prayers that it gets even better.

Thanks for prayers for Jet ~ just saw him at niece's birthday dinner tonight ~ he got out of hospital Saturday ~ some kind of infection in lungs but much better now!

Hey WILMA! Good to see you!

Elizbennest ~ Ha! Thanks to you and DH for the INFO!

Gotta run......
Old 05-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Posted at the same time ROSEBUD ~ Thanks, I can still change the versus though, am happy with what I have...also time factors involved for ceremony. Gaining a son in law ...hum...that's what I am afraid of...wink!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:23 AM   #30  

I'm missing Gwyn too!