Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #151  

Evening everyone! We went to a cook out/potluck supper at church tonight. The food was not very diabetic friendly. I took potato salad. (hey, it was easy! I had the taters cooked in the fridge already) There were chips and all kinds of crap and the tossed salad was not good at all...tasted old and spoiled to me, so I skipped it. (The Lizard (byetta) doesn't like salad anyway) I did not eat a bun, but had a cheeseburger steak, and chips, potatoes salad and the like. I did not eat any desserts. Yay me! BG just now, before bed was 107.

I got five new tetras for my aquarium today...they are very young black skirts, and so cute! They school together most of the time. I think I have the limit now...but will see how the tank holds up.

Good night all !
Old 06-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #152  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

It is definitely morning here in Atlantic Canada . . . unfortunately no heat or sunshine . . . just daylight so far. BGL was a delightful 4.6 (83) at 7:00 am, without having to go through the "wee-hour-wobblies"; but, gee, I wish I could get this pattern going without having to be into the 11-12 range (around 200) at bedtime the night before.

Hi MONET . . . Hope the company was great, even if the food wasn't. How does old "lizard-lips" manifest his dislike of salad?

Question for today -- Would you describe yourself as "scale phobic" or "scale fanatic" or "scale neutral"?

I think I've been everything . . . started out kind of neutral - once a week was fine; became fanatic - weighing daily and really 'bothered' by the silly little fluctuations; and presently I'm somewhat phobic - trying to keep it out of sight and only weighing once a month.

Anyway . . . nothing terribly exciting on my agenda for today. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day unfolding. See you later . . .
Old 06-14-2007, 07:41 AM   #153  
Happy New Rears!

I don't even have a scale. LOL I weigh in every few weeks at the dietitian. If I had one, I would be on it every hour driving myself crazy.

Okay, last night I had a bit of a crash and ate a handful of salted cashews. Please tell me it's going to be okay
Old 06-14-2007, 09:37 AM   #154  
Onward and Downward

It's going to be okay . . . in fact nuts are a very good food. Sure they have a high fat content, but it is mostly good fat. Next time, just (a) plan ahead of time to have the nuts as a snack and (b) make them the unsalted, dry-roasted kind (preferably as close to natural as possible) and (c) make sure that handful doesn't keep growing.

a handful (about 1 oz) of dry roasted, unsalted cashews has about 170 calories -- 13 gr of fat; 9 gr of carb; 1 gr of fibre; 4 gram of protein; 4 mg of sodium. (Oil roasted are really not much different since most of the fat is in the nut itself, but the salted kind have almost 90 mg of sodium)

Hope you feel better now . . .
Old 06-14-2007, 11:47 AM   #155  
Happy New Rears!

Yeah it was silly and impulsive, like I had no control of my hand and mouth. The thing that bugs me is that I could have had something else, a better choice, I have lots of good stuff in the house and I wasn't even really hungry.

Thanks for the 'nutty nutritional facts'
Old 06-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #156  

Morning everyone..another sunny day here and as usual daisy and i up early freezing my butt off on the deck no progress there yet..my sl was 89 this am.. have had the grdd since yesterday so not getting much done but shes lots of fun so it doesnt matter..meowee i have to say im a scale addict and yes those fluctuations drive me nuts.. i snack on almonds(dryroasted with sea salt) to avoid that mindless eating in front of the tv i leave the snacks in the kitchen and take only a portion where the tv is.. esp in the evenings as in the past we had snacks by our chairs and i found i could consume way more than i thought possible..my dh is still guility of that but ive made him move the snacks where i cant reach them..dont know what the day will bring and sure hope u all have agood one(((hugs))) rosey
Old 06-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Morning all,
Basics first: 109 bsl this am.
As to the question of the day.. oh im a classic SCALE FANATIC! i proved this just yesterday when i went home and weighed .. then weighed after my work out then weighed this morning.. the minor flucuations can send me down one **** of a bad spiral. this is why im having my room mate hide that heinous thing for a while so i can appreciate the nsv's without letting the number on the scale erase it.
as for another minor nsv.. today i am wearing a pair of low rise skin tight jeans that i had bought a while ago and when i got them they didn't fit but hey now they do, without cutting off circulation I also bought this dress yesterday that i thought would fit but its about 2 inchs to small so my next goal is to get into and look nice. no more scale goals for me lol.

well thats all for now.. check back later
ttfn.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #158  

Cool

Hi, all. IT'S TOO DARN HOT! I thought it was going to cool down today but it just got hotter. I'm just not good with hot weather. Feel bloated and sluggish. No air conditioning at work doesn't help. Of course the bloating and sluggish feeling could come from my current binge. yesterday I had two donuts for breakfast, a large frozen yogurt (non fat at least) for lunch and a Napoleon for dessert after dinner. Went to the weight management clinic Tuesday and bought supplies for a semi-fast, but so far haven't been able to get started. As for the scale, it depends on the circumstances. Right now I'm scale phobic because I don't want to know how much I put on. But when I'm on program and being good I tend to weigh in often and get upset if the needle hasn't budged.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #159  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone, it's a beautiful day in Toronto

I had an NSV today too (well it could be a SV but I don't weigh in until next week) but, a dress I wore last Wednesday to work, I had to wear with a little sleevelss top over it because it was tight across my tummy. Well today I wore it to work just as it is, with no top over it and it looked nice

Have a nice night everyone, I'm having left over chicken curry and brown rice from yesterday and hopefully no cashews.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #160  
Happy New Rears!

Can I ask you guys about fruit? do you eat fruit every day? I have it 2 or three times a day - should I have it less? maybe that's why my BG levels are higher than most.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Thin congrats on the NSV! as far as the fruit thing. i have a banana once or twice a day.. i like banana's because they are not as sweet as some other fruits.. but thats just me. my bsl tend to be normal most of the time too.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #162  
Onward and Downward

Hi all . . .

For some reason I'm extremely tired tonight? I was out WalMart prowling today -- got the same scale, but it is slightly different, of course -- different feet (maybe these won't melt as easily). Other than that, I think I'm just tired from watching this little herd of 3 x 3 pound elephants chase each other around the house. How things so small can make so much noise is beyond me. The front-runner carries a toy; the other two chase after, trying to take it away.

Hi Rosey Actually almonds are one of the lower-fat species (as nuts go)

Hi Mickey Congrats on another fine NSV.

Hi Rosetta Sorry it's so hot. Good luck keeping cool and getting on track.

Hi Thin A couple of servings of fruit is a good thing. I lean toward berries and sometimes melon. For some reason, I am not a banana person.

Here's my food log for today . . .

S: ---
B: 2 coffee, HF cereal, mixed berries, skim milk
S: ---
L: Wendy's Turkey Club (no mayo) with side salad & light dressing, diet coke
S: Skinny Cow Fudge bar
D Big Spinach Salad with ham, cheese, mushrooms, FF Italian dressing, jello with strawberries and cool whip
S: Skinny Cow Fudge bar ( - oh my, that's two today)

the usual 80 oz/2500 ml of water

Have a great evening everybody . . . see you tomorrow. . .
Old 06-14-2007, 09:00 PM   #163  
Happy New Rears!

Here's a laugh, I checked my BG after dinner and it was 3.7 (66) and I was like because it's never gone under 6 - ever.

So I was going to go have a snack or something and I thought, nope I better check it again. It was 8.7 duh, my eyes saw the 8 as a 3. I'm such a turkey.

Food log for today

Breakfast - nothing because I felt really unwell and had nausea when I woke up

Snack - juicy peach and ff/sf vanilla yogurt

Lunch - whole wheat with cream cheese, red peppers and cucumber slices

Snack - sf/ff fudge bar

Dinner - chicken curry on brown rice & stir fried veggies

Snack - cherries & a diet root beer

Water 8 bottles x 500 ml, no idea what that is in oz

and most importantly - no cheating with cashews and I did my cardio - 34 minutes instead of 30
Old 06-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #164  
Onward and Downward

You make me feel dehydrated . . .

You had 128 oz / 4000 ml which is 4 litres. 1 cup = 8 oz = 250 ml
Old 06-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #165  

I have a few servings of fruit each day as well. I usually have one banana for the potassium and at least one other fruit, like a nectarine, a few grapes, or an apple. I go with whatever is in season, and if on sale, I always get berries, like strawberries, and blueberries.

Just got in 30 minutes of water aerobics and my bg is 65 now...

Last edited by Ellen; 06-14-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Closed Thread