Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #241  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh dear you snuck in there and saw the typo before I corrected it . . . glad you were amused . . . thought about leaving it, but didn't want you to think it was on purpose. . .
Old 06-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #242  
Happy New Rears!

Hey I was 24 (at 42) lol
Old 06-21-2007, 04:17 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Hehe I got 19 on that quiz. And lucky me, my 19th birthday was 3 weeks ago!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #244  
Happy New Rears!

ha ha, Casandra - now when someone tells you to 'act your age' you can say you are

Good morning everyone, BG this morning was 6.7 (120) and I am feeling much better - I have had three nights in a row of 10 hour sleeps. 2 days of vegetarian meals and lots of water, 2 days of 40 minute cardios.

I tried on a dress last night, it has a zipper - last month I couldn't do the zipper up at all, last night it went 3/4's up I figure in another couple of weeks I might actually be able to wear it!!

Here's a question of the day for you. When you use your BG Meter, do you ever put the teststrip in, and then get distracted and forget to look at the result? I do this all the time, prick my finger, start the test, start looking at the computer or whatever and then like 10 minutes later I remember and it's too late, the meter has gone off and I have to do the test again.

Yesterday I wasted 2 strips in a row and finally got my result on the 3rd try. duh.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

ETA: Oh, I weigh in on Saturday at the Dietitian and I'm a little nervous, it's been three weeks but I had those 'cashew episodes' and that steak house dinner and missed my exercises a few times when I wasn't feeling well. I will be crushed if I've gained or only lost a tiny bit in 3 weeks
Old 06-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #245  
Onward and Downward

Happy Summer Solstice . . . HA . . . good old Ma Nature is definitely playing a trick on Nova Scotia this year . . . it's cold and raining . . . just for a change . . .

Oh well . . . my BGL was 5.6 (101) this morning . . . and, of course, my usual morning activity of cleaning up the kitten damage took about 30 minutes today. Other than that, SSDD.

Casandra . . . glad to see somebody around here knows how to "act her age" . . .

Thin . . . sounds like you are right in there with the rest of the middle-aged adolescents . . .

I used to have that "wasting strips" problem back in the 'olden days' when it took a full minute (sometimes more) to get a reading . . . but haven't had it in a long time now that my metre only takes about 10 seconds (at most) . . . My metre also has an alarm mechanism (although I've never used it) to tell you stuff like that . . . maybe you should look into a different metre.

Have a great moving and shaking morning, gang . . . see you later
Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Morning All,
Basics first: 99 bsl this am.
the test said i was 19 (am 28) sounds about right to me
as for the question of the day.. can't say that i have that problem really.. i have a routine where i test my levels and while the machine is doing its thing i start setting up my injection. so im standing right next to it all and never really get a chance to get distracted.. i don't like doing it so i try to get it all done at once. funny thing is, i hate the finger poke more than the injection.. for some reason it just freaks me out a lil no matter how many times i have done it oh well. take care all
Old 06-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #247  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning all,,bs was 125 this morning,,i'll take it,,could be worse,,didn't eat or take my byetta shot until 10 last night so that might be why it was a little higher,,but who knows,,

hot here,,80's yesterday,,busy at the bar last night,,lots of workers here in our little town right now,,,so lots of food,,,

My meter takes a full minute also,,its old,,going to hit doctor up for a new one when i go see him,,but if i test and forget to check it turns off and the result is still there,,,I hate the finger poking more then the byetta shot,,think after all these years we would get used to it,,,

Have a good one all ,,and Glen glad things are going better for you,,was wondering where you were,,,later,,,Jeanne
Old 06-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #248  

Morning everyone..another sunny day here.. it was hot here last night.. daisy and i cooled out feet on the deck with the garden hose..my sl was 98 this am..as for the question i never forget to look at my meter after testing as im always curious as to the #.. altho i have forgotton to test all togetherand the finger poke doesnt bother me..mr Ken am so glad you are feeling better ..i took the age test and im 32 according to it.. gee i wish i was 32 again..have to run errands today.. have agreat day for all.. rosey
Old 06-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #249  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi all. Glad you enjoyed the little quiz. There are tons of them at that site. I also like the one "how normal are you". I'm only about 50% normal. bsl 112 this am.

As to the question, I do that all the time, but my meter has memory and keeps the reading. All I have to do is push the memory button to get it. Never have to restick for that reason. Mickey - I'm the same way with finger sticks. I hate them and this is after 30 years of doing it. My grands say I still close my eyes before I push the button every time. The only time I have to restick is sometimes, especially first thing in the morning, I have poor circulation in my hands and just cannot squeeze out enuff blood to cover the little spot on the strip. Then I have to stick again, because it won't be a valid test.

I want to come live where you are for the summer meowee. On news last night they were predicting "deadly heat" for today, 114-118F. Warning you to keep old people, kids, and pets indoors. This morning tho, they're only saying 111 or 112F. I will be "staying in" under the AC today, thanks. Thank goodness for telephones and computers to keep in touch with people.

Every one have a safe and sane day.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #250  

Cool

Hi, all. Am still doing terribly this week. People keep giving me food! Candy, cookies, coupons for Godiva drinks. And the visiting friend came back for a second lunch so I have been bad. Ate three Skinny Cow ice cream sundae cones last night! Ugh. Maybe next week I'll get back on the wagon.
Glen - sorry about your breathing episode. Congrats on losing weight!
Soiley - Thanks for that test. I'm 29 at 61. (If only my body was! Sigh.)
As to the question of the day, I don't forget to look at the meter since mine only takes 5 seconds, but I do sometimes forget to write it down. I keep a record for my doctor.
Happy Summer Solstice.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:36 PM   #251  
Happy New Rears!

Well, guess what? my meter does have a *beep*option, so I turned that on. It takes 15 seconds and by then I am doing something else LOL (Low attention span)

It doesn't have a memory, every time I forget and press the button it says 7.4 - every time. Anyway, the beep was a good idea I won't waste test strips anymore. So thanks for the idea

Today at the grocery store I picked up some Equal Sugar free chocolate candy, it is really tasty, doesn't even taste diet/sugar free - a nice little treat for a dry mouth or if you are craving a sweet.

Have a nice night everyone
Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #252  
Onward and Downward

Good Evening . . .

Well, kiddies . . . my day is winding down . . . even though I know that some of you are just getting warmed up. Here's my food log for the day . . .

B: 2 coffee; HF Cereal; strawberries; skim milk
S: 2 coffee
L: chicken with rice soup; skinny cow bar
S: ---
D: Cauliflower shepherd's Pie; large salad
S: Strawberry-Rhubarb-Coolwhip

W: 72 oz / 2250 ml

See you tomorrow, gang . . .
Old 06-21-2007, 10:09 PM   #253  
Misfit

S/C/G: 264.5/238/150

Height: 5'6

JUst a quickie. BS this morning was 115, getting better. Did two laps at the park with DS then *just* finished 4 mile WATP Whew, am I exhausted but I feel great. I am going to bump up my exercise these next two weeks and hope I lose lose lose. I am 4.5% behind though my comptetion has only lost 1.5lbs more than I have...I'm hoping she doesn't lose (but doesn't gain!) so I can beat her LOL. I am getting closer to my first 10%!!!

Have a great night all!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:41 AM   #254  
Happy New Rears!

cmbmom, I admire you for all that exercise you do! I don't have the stamina lol Way to go.

Good Morning Everyone It's Friday - tomorrow is my weigh in with the dietitian and I am nervous. I don't think I did that well the past 3 weeks compared to before

BG was 5.6 (100.8) this morning - wow that's really good for me, the best ever I think. Maybe it's the extra exercise kicking in.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #255  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

I am really dragging today . . . it's past noon already and I've accomplished nothing. Still pretty cook and damp around here, but I have seen tiny glimpses of sun. Kittens didn't destroy too much overnight for a change and that's a little scarey; can't help wondering what they might be saving up for My BGL was 5.3 (95) this morning so that's running okay. Now, if I could just get my many parts to stop aching quite so much. A few days without more rain would probably help.

Some of us have been at this diabetes 'game' long enough to remember when all that was available for home use was the urine testing sticks . . . well, believe it or not, here is a little tidbit from D:Life that shows they still have a use . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...inestrips.html . . . especially if you eat out a lot and sometimes wonder if you are really being served what you asked for.

It got me thinking about some of the things I changed in my eating habits when I was first diagnosed. So, the question for today . . . name a food that you used to think was pretty healthy that you now avoid almost totally . . . for me, it would have to be orange juice. I used to drink tons of it (unsweetened, of course) and then one of the first things I remember my DEC pointing out was how high the carb load from orange juice was and how much better it was to actually eat the whole fruit. I now think of orange juice as an emergency medication.

Have a great and glorius day moving and shaking your way to better health and fitness, gang . . . see you later . . .
Closed Thread